Sign in to follow this  
Persia Elder

Rumour Mill at the Hufflepuff Table

Briony Prosser

Briony could sense an awkward conversation coming up at the Hufflepuff table when a small blonde girl piped up about babies. “Uhhh… Persia?” she turned to the older girl innocently, blinking away before she abandoned ship and made her way over to Cloe to fill the girl in (as fun as yelling might have been, it was wreaking havoc on her vocal chords). “No one cheated! But I guess in that situation it would probably be Colebrook. He has a lot of suitors, I bet.” She considered the unlikely pairing again, “Plus Gawkrodger is so old!”

WC: 96

Rigel Blythe

"BABIES POP OUT OF NOWHERE WHEN TWO PEOPLE KISS," Rigel said, narrowing his eyes at the people nearby that were speculating over the rumor that had been shared with everyone. "SO NOW THAT THAT HAS BEEN CLEARED UP, EVERYONE SHOULD GO BACK TO EATING, BECAUSE THE GREAT HALL WAS MADE SO THAT WE COULD ALL EAT, NOT SO THAT WE COULD SHARE RUMOURS!"

Logic. So much of it.

Persia Elder

Glaring at Briony whilst pretending that the rumour didn't start from her (because that was just oddly suspicious and she couldn't believe that people had actually believed her), she peered at the ickle. "When two people love each other very much... erm... it's definitely potions, honest," she said, hurriedly, before looking the other way to try and see if the two Professors were actually in the room.

"Rigel has it all wrong."

Edited by Persia Elder

Anna Wolff
Anna was absorbed in her food and didn't hear the news until her classmates started shouting it. "WHAT? GAWKRODGER AND PIPKINS? BABY? TWINS? DOES ANYONE KNOW THE GENDER YET?" Anna needed to know this stuff pls.

Rigel Blythe

"THEIR GENDER IS SHUT THE HELL UP!" Rigel shouted back when some girl asked if people knew the gender of the babies. He just wanted to go back to eating his food. Having a shouting match in the middle of the Great Hall was so unproductive.

"I HAVE IT ALL RIGHT, PERSIA ELDER!"

Cloe Tupper

To get to the heart of the story, Cloe maneuvered closer to the Hufflepuff table. And just in time to hear some Hufflepuff say potions were the new magic stork equivalent. “Yah, I bet your dad put some potion in your mum’s drink,”

Briony claimed no one cheated.

“I don’t believe that one bit, if he, like you said have a lot of suitors,” said Cloe, “This doesn’t mean he can’t keep his options open though,” A kid was not a final marriage license. “Well, I guess we'll just have to see who ends up pregnant next,”

WC: 98

Amos Wynter-Downing

Well, if you couldn't win by not talking about it, then you may as well just join in. "I think it's one of each." Amos said. Not that he would know anything being an only child, but whatever. He could make stuff up just as well as anyone else! "A girl and a boy. So a little Pipkins and a little Gawkrodger to run around Hogwarts!" He said grinning ear to ear.

Alice Freerun

"Pipkins is not old!" Alice told the little first year Azalia. "at least not that old..." she added. She listened to some of the others in the great hall and took in the information. Usually she didn't like gossiping about others but those were great news and everyone should know them!

"I think these are great news! Heck! I can be their babysitter!" she grinned and clapped her hands by the thought. Wouldn't it be great?!

WC: 76

Persia Elder
"DON'T MAKE ME TAKE POINTS AWAY FROM YOU RIGEL BLYTHE!" she called back. She didn't even know whether she still had the power. Who knew whether Gawkrodger was ever joking or not? "Hey, not my problem there's good news around. Yay screaming kids by the end of the year."

Cloe Tupper

Cloe let out a laugh, briefly entertaining the idea of Gender: Shut the Hell Up.

Would they abbreviate that on the birth certificate as: STHU?

WC: 26

Rigel Blythe
"BRING IT, ELDER!" he was so not afraid of losing a couple of points. Nor was he particularly afraid of getting detention either. Unless Persia was planning on giving him detention with a hyperactive, violent eleven year old from the house-of-losers. Then he was going to have to politely decline.

Briony Prosser

“Imagine if it’s Trelawney next!” Briony said to Cloe, having looked up at the staff table for inspiration, “Actually no, don’t imagine… the thought is too terrifying.”

WC: 26

Hero Lancaster
Hero wondered if she should point out that 'gender' was the incorrect term, but didn't want to be pegged as those butch matter-of-fact nurse types who were embarrassed by nothing. "It's a boy," she said to whoever was listening, sipping her tea. "Baby boys steal their mum's beauty and Pips has been looking peaky lately." Edited by Hero Lancaster

Cloe Tupper

If Professor Gawkrodger was considered old, then what Briony had suggested soon after should be considered. ‘OUT OF ORDER’

The Hufflepuff’s warning came way too late.

Cloe glared disgustedly at Briony. “Thank you for putting that image inside my head Briony!”

Obviously, just what she needed to start off her day…

WC: 51

Alice Freerun

A boy?? It's a boy!!!

"Oh my god I always wanted a little brother!" Alice exclaimed in excitement, forgetting that she was an only child to two parents who were not Pipkins and Gawkrodger. "Did you hear everyone?? It's a boy!"

Wait, does that mean it's not twins? *sad face*

WC: 50

Duchess Winthrop
Maybe the girl should keep questions to herself... although she was reassured that potions where the cause of babies... She had riled up a bloke, who was now yelling at the top of his lungs. Duchess' eyes watered slightly, she hoped he wasn't mad at her. SHE DIDN'T MEANT TO CAUSE A RIOT. "I'm s-sorry..." she uttered, hopeful that she would disappear behind her toast.

Charlotte Vicks
Charlotte hadn't been paying much more attention to the Pipkins/Gawkrodger talk but the moment she saw one of her mentees near the border of tears, she immediately stood up from where she had been sitting and walked over to them. "Duchess, he didn't mean to yell at you, he's just angry because no one lets him eat his breakfast alone." Edited by Charlotte Vicks

Cloe Tupper

Some Hufflepuff shouted in joy that she’d always wanted a little brother. Say what? She was related?

So the plot thickens.

“Which one’s your parent then? Gawkrodger, Pipkins, or Colebrook?” No, she wasn’t ready to rule the latter out just yet.

WC: 41

Edited by Cloe Tupper

Persia Elder
"SEE WHAT YOU DID NOW BLYTHE!" she said, looking at the ickle. Persia was probably the one who'd get yelled at if ickles were unhappy. "Don't worry ickle, Rigel just fails, eat some toast."

Rigel Blythe

Rigel rolled his eyes when a Hufflepuff girl said that she had always wanted a little brother. "Well, the baby isn't going to be your brother, so I'm afraid that you are out of luck, and WHY THE HELL ARE YOU CRYING?" He blinked at another Hufflepuff girl who was apologizing to him. He didn't even know who she was. .___.

"I DIDN'T EVEN DO ANYTHING PERSIA, YOU USED TO BE COOL!" D<

Edited by Rigel Blythe

James Lockwood

Being the sort of person to get bored easily, James didn't even wave goodbye to his friends as he walked back to his own table unceremoniously. His attention span only lasted so long. Taking his original seat next to Persia back, James butt himself back into the conversation.

It was too dramatic for him with all the yelling and the crying... geeze. A master of changing topics, James loudly observed.

"BABIES POOP A LOT! THE COMMON ROOM IS GONNA SMELLY FUNNY!"

Crisis averted.

Edited by James Lockwood

Alexis Endicus

"SAYS THE ONE WHO BRAGS ABOUT FROG AND LILYPAD-SHAPED POO!"

Boys and babies were so gross. No babies for Alexis pls, way too much poop. It'd be like a mini-James.

Duchess Winthrop
Alas, they didn't make toast big enough to cover her and her muffin top... her watery eyes were seen by the whole lot. Now everybody probably thought she was a big baby! She just didn't like to upset people. The girl kept nibbling on the toast, when again the raging Hufflepuff yelled her way. "I'M NOT CRYING!" she yelled back and threw the toast, hoping that it would hit his face. HMPH.

Ellis Corcoran

Ellis looked up from her toast in shock, the bread slipping from her grasp. “No way, really?” The gossip made her excited. The thought of two professors having a baby? That was scandalicious!

“Do you think they’ll get married? Ooo! Can we all go to the wedding?” Ellis had never been to a wedding. She could not wait for this one!!

But her excitement quelled when she noticed her mentee crying. “Oh no, Duchess!” She abandoned her toast and ran to give her a hug, shielding her from the world. “Don’t worry, you’ve done nothing wrong!”

Edited by Ellis Corcoran

Persia Elder

"I am so uber cool, you just don't realise it?" Persia retorted, sticking her nose in the air and looking away. That's why she had a shiny piece of metal pinned to her chest... when she bothered to do so to look important.

"Hey, be glad Pipkins is a Slytherin Professor, she'll keep it in there instead, haha!" Looking at her mentee, she grinned. Trust him to make a poop comment. "You're more smelly than any baby could ever be though," she added as an afterthought. Why did boys find farting all the time fun?

WC:95

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.