Sign in to follow this  
Persia Elder

Rumour Mill at the Hufflepuff Table

Persia Elder

Still fuming about the number of incidents that Persia had had with her delightful Head of House, she had been thinking of a simple way of getting revenge. A way that would be easy to accomplish but hard to prove it had come from her.

And that's when it hit her. Dropping her slice of jam on toast onto the plate, she leant over into the middle of the table and whispered, "Guys, did you hear? Pipkins is preggers with Gawkrodger's kid!" Everyone knew they didn't get on, and therefore this was perfect.

WC:93

Harley Garcia

Breakfast times were proving to be fun at Hogwarts, at least for Harley. After the excitement of puking on James the previous day, now there seemed to be gossip buzzing through the Great Hall. Gossip that Harley was very interested in.

“They’re having a baby! That’s great,” she exclaimed as Persia told them that their head of house was having a baby with another Professor. “Hey Rhi! Did you hear this,” she called to her friend at the Gryffindor table. Everyone needed to know about this great news.

Word Count: 88

Edited by Harley Garcia

Briony Prosser

“WHAT?! DID SHE SAY COLEBROOK?!” Briony looked around the table, eyes wild and her goblet of pumpkin juice at an angle that meant it dripped slowly into Morgan’s breakfast next to her. After a couple of seconds and whispers of ‘Gawkrodger’, Briony calmed down a little. “Oh thank goodness,” she breathed. “I couldn’t imagine Colebrook as a father, he’s too pretty,” she then started to consider the circumstances that must have led to this situation. “They must have had a busy summer…” she mused, “I guess they do say love and hate are interchangeable.”

WC: 94

Edited by Briony Prosser

Charlotte Vicks

Charlotte had never been the kind to be into the gossip of the school because really half the things people said were lies. So whenever someone said that someone else had said this, the third year rarely, if ever believed it. That changed today though, when one of the prefects made an announcement. "Professor Gawkrodger and Professor Pipkins are having a child!?!" she repeated a bit too loud. Oh well might as well let the entire school know the truth. Because coming from the mouth of a prefect, this HAD to be true.

wc: 93

James Lockwood

"Whaaat? No way!" James exclaimed disbelievingly. The eleven year old didn't know the personal history between the two professors. He just couldn't believe someone would ever like Theo-Balding Gawkrodger in a romantic sense. As he picked a painful wedgie, James how to get a girl to even hold his hand ;_;."Who knew the old fart had it in him?"

While Harley ran to the Gryffindor Table, James ran in the other direction to his Slytherin friends. They always told him he never had interesting to talk about; the shapes of his poop didn't count apparently. Uncultured losers. "GUESS WHAT GUYS!"

WC: 100

Edited by James Lockwood

Rhiannon Green

Breakfast was usually pretty quiet for Rhiannon. Gryffindor, despite their reputation, were pretty subdued in the mornings. It was at night they did ridiculous things, like serenaded their Head of House and earned detention. As Rhi stuffed another slice of marmalade soaked toast in her mouth, no longer caring about appearing to be ladylike, her ears pricked up. She turned around to face the direction of the Hufflepuff table where the familiar voice was coming from.

"Have I heard what?" she called back, mouth still stuffed with half a slice of toast as she got up and wandered over to Harley to be filled in. Pipkins and Gawkrodger? Rhiannon didn't know who Gawkrodger was, but Professors were completely asexual beings in her mind. "That's... disturbing. But AMAZING," she chuckled, accidentally spitting toast crumbs everywhere. "I'll go spread the word," she carried on, before running off to Gryffindor tower. This was noticeboard worthy.

Word Count: 152 - SCREW THE RULES, I HAVE MONEY.

Edited by Rhiannon Green

Azalia Rod

Azalia was nomnomnomming on her yummy pancake looking forward to whatever classes she had next (she forgot… whoops), when she heard that someone named Pipkins was pregnant! Not knowing all the professors at Hogwarts quite yet, Azalia was a little confused when she heard the good news. “Someone’s pregnant?” This was news for celebration! Babies were adorable! “Who’s Pipkins? And wow, I’m surprised. I didn’t know people that old could still have babies.” And how did people get pregnant anyways? The little 11-year-old girl wasn’t old enough to know, but she didn’t say anything.

WC:: 100

Persia Elder
"Briony! You can't say that!" Persia exclaimed, probably drawing even more attention than she ought to. "That's just... ewwww. Obviously planning lessons together, right?" Yes. That was it.

Alexis Endicus

Alexis laid down her utensils to cross her arms when she saw James coming over to their table. Every time he paid her a visit, it never ended well and he had news for them.

"I don't care if it looks like a cat!"

WC: 46

Rigel Blythe
"Why would anyone want to have a baby?" Rigel felt this was a valid question, given the fact that babies could throw tantrums that would make any Slytherin jealous. "Maybe they just became best friends?" He thought that was a totally reasonable explanation.

Briony Prosser

“She’s a Charms professor who really likes cakes,” Briony informed her mentee carefully and then turned to Persia, “Don’t tell me what I can’t say, Elder!” she grumped, “And no, what on earth could Charms and Muggle Studies have in common? Use your brain,” oh no wait, Persia Elder didn’t have one. Apart from when it came to spreading facts-definitely-not-rumours. Then she was the smartest of them all. “Wouldn’t it be awesome if it was twins? One Slytherin, one Hufflepuff!”

WC: 78

Edited by Briony Prosser

James Lockwood

"It's not about that... but yeah, this morning's looked like a frog. On a lilypad." True story. "But nooo.... I just found out that our Head of Houses are expecting a Slytherpuff." Nodding his head enthusiastically and using his arms in waves to display his excitement, he continued. "Pipkins and Gawkrodger fell in love over the summer, in a hopeless place, a bar, and she's pregnant!" Spotting Gawkrodger at the staff table, James couldn't help but smile at the man and give him a thumbs up... even if he didn't see it.

Babies were good things, right?

WC: 97

Edited by James Lockwood

Ewan Macnair

Expecting another anecdote surrounding James and the various forms his excrement took, Ewan found himself surprised when this story was different. And then as per usual with any information the Hufflepuff imparted, Ewan was horrified.

“Professor Pipkins is the one with the beard, right?” Oh, his poor innocent mind. “How is that even possible?” And surely it wasn’t safe? It had to be illegal?

Wait, was he getting the Charms Professors mixed up?

D:

WC: 73

Cloe Tupper

Far at the Slytherin table, Cloe was enjoying scrambled eggs when something next to impossible sounded from the Hufflepuffs. "PROFESSOR COLEBROOKS IS HAVING PROFESSOR GAWKRODGER'S BABY? HOW DOES THAT EVEN WORK?"

WC: 31

Wesley Mercer

"Our Head of House is Professor Sheffield," Wes began before he let out a "How!?! That's biologically impossible isn't it?!" His eyes widened at the thought of it, but when the first year explained that it was Professor Pipkins, his facial expressions returned to normal. "Explain yourself better next time, ickle!" Wes stated before heading to the common room to leave a note about it.

wc: 65

Briony Prosser

Briony couldn’t have her star professor suffer slander like this, “NO CLOE, PROFESSOR PIPKINS IS HAVING PROFESSOR GAWKRODGER’S BABY. AND IT MIGHT BE TWINS!” she screamed across the hall in return.

WC: 28

Rigel Blythe

"I'M JUST TRYING TO EAT, WHY IS EVERYONE SHOUTING?"

WC: 9

Jupiter Paige

Jupiter Paige hated gossip. She did not fit the stereotype of the typical fourteen year old girl who absolutely loved to gossip. No. Instead she was absolutely certain that gossip would...OMG WHAT GAWKRODGER AND PIPKINS WERE PREGNANT? Screw her rule about gossip, everyone needed to know this.

"Is she really pregnant? But they're both so...so... old. Ew gross." She spoke to no one in particular. She knew her thoughts were most likely shared by everyone else. She leaned in closer to the center of the house  table in order to find out more. 

Words: 93

Arielle Twistle

Pipkins and Gawkrodger were having a baby? "KRISTENNNNNNNN! PROFESSOR PIPKINS AND PROFESSOR GAWKRODGER ARE HAVING A BABY. AND ACCORDING TO BRIONY IT'S TWINS. ARE YOU EXCITED?" Arielle loved babies. They were squishy and cute.

WC: 34

Edited by Arielle Twistle

Cloe Tupper

Cloe dropped her fork. This tidbit was shockingly juicy. “BUT PROFESSOR GAWKRODGER WAS WITH PROFESSOR COLEBROOK JUST A SECOND AGO.” She couldn’t have heard wrong. That was some speedy infidelity. “BUT I GUESS THAT MAKES MORE SENSE. WHO CHEATED ON WHO?”

WC: 41

Wesley Mercer

Out of breath from running back from the common room, Wes heard a classmate of his shouting that it was twins. "WAIT WHAT?! TWINS?!!" No one told Wes this when he went to go post a congratulatory message in the common room. And why was he even caring about all this. He blamed being so emotionally unstable at the moment for this.

wc: 62

Edited by Wesley Mercer

Amos Wynter-Downing

Something was going on on the Hufflepuff table. A lot of gossip was going on. Something about Professor Gawkrodger and Professor Pipkins having a baby and it was maybe twins. "What is going on?" Amos said, confused. "Why are we talking about the Professors having babies? I just want to eat my food!" He said rather firmly.

Word Count: 57

Kristen Dorland-Nece

Wait. Gawk and Pippins were having a child? Two children? Twins? Dear goodness Merlin from above, she’d have to find a way and steal them so they didn’t have to suffer of Gawks questionable ways. “…WHAT?” the prefect shouted above her mentee’s loud cries. “That.. can’t… be… gross. No. It has to be someone else’s.”

WC: 55

Duchess Winthrop
"I thought babies came from potions... That's what my mom said..." Duchess piped in as she buttered some toast. Women drank potions that made babies in their bellies... how else would they get there? "Guys... I think my mom lied.... Where do babies come from?"she inquired, now quite interested in the babies origin. Edited by Duchess Winthrop

Alexa McPherson

Alexa had just planned on breakfast. Quiet, uneventful Breakfast. Who was she kidding.

She sat at the Slytherin table eating, when she noticed a hufflepuff skidding towards their table. He stopped and blurted out the most ridiculious story ever to a group near Alexa.

A Slytherpuff? Proffesor Pipkin. PREGNANT? With Professor Gawkrodger?! Forgetting she wasn't part of the conversation she chipped in,

"But, Merlin, Thats disgusting! How much alcohol did they drink?!" Alexa knew that wasn't teh nicest thing to say, but that's the only reason why those two people would do IT. Ever. Good Godric ._.

(WC - 98)

Edited by Alexa McPherson

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.