Sign in to follow this  
Emery Roux

Emery Roux

Emery Roux

cf07Wuc.png

Hey! Stop that! There is a right way and a wrong way to handle a hat, and that is a bad kind of touching, Mr. Roux! I suppose I can't expect you to respect me, though, when it seems you hardly respect anything but yourself. Let's get this over quickly, while I still have my dignity. You're a determined little fellow who loves a challenge and just doesn't give up. I can see only one house in which your dedication to being the best will be appreciated, so take those wandering fingers off to... SLYTHERIN!
Edited by Emery Roux

Emery Roux

PwjjFUS.png

Edited by Emery Roux

Emery Roux

qaX7GoO.png
nXPigyB.png

Summary

Death Eaters attack the train, teaching Emery just how dangerous magic can be. A bit traumatized, he comes to school he meets his mentor Wesley Mercer. The Quidditch World Cup takes place which everyone seems to be focusing on a lot. He meet his classmate Felicity Patricks, a Gryffindor girl he falls head over heels for. However, he ends up asking an opinionated girl Marquette Towne out instead. He had trouble making friends, but Asher Schmidt and Julia Banner seem to put up with him. He also meet Madam Braelin-VonHaus, a woman who works in the healing wing that reminds him of his dead mother. He learns hell need to befriend Edward, her son, in order to take advantage of her. His interests include brewing potions, dueling and gambling down in the chambers with older students, and flying. He decides he wants to try out for the Quidditch team next year. During summer break, Emery goes to the World Cup with Edward, Asher, and Madam Braelin-VonHaus. It is there that he meets The Dark Lord who uses the killing curse on a player.

Grades

Flying: O*
Charms: O*
Potions: O*
Herbology: O* (Top Of Year)
Astronomy: O*
Transfiguration: O
History Of Magic: O* (Top Of Year)
Defense Against The Dark Arts: O*

Threads Of Interest

Andorra Vs. El Salvador Stands
Oh hey what, a Roux? To be honest, his claims of being some distant cousin probably weren't that far fetched. His father had merlin knew how many siblings, and they had all multiplied like rabbits. Crazy family get together were crazy, thank merlin for hidden expansion charms. Or whatever they were called, he couldn't remember anymore. QQ
Gustave Roux (World Cup Player: Andorra)

Blink... and you'll miss it.
People were shouting and screaming - some panicking, and yet all Asher could do was sit there; sit and wait for the pain to disappear. “NO, YOU’RE NOT MOVING.” In a moment of desperation, Asher grabbed hold of what he hoped was Emery’s jumper, dragging him down hard between the seats and refusing to let go. “IF YOU LEAVE THIS PLACE, YOU’LL DIE!” Asher cringed, slamming his head up against one of the seats. Another attack. Not even a year had passed since the event on the train, and yet here they were, again, back to the very beginning. He rubbed his upper left wrist, grazing the scar that never truly left him. "Emery," he whispered, rubbing his eyes, still. "The book."
Asher Schmidt (1st Year)

Wes... Where do love potions come from?
"Don't you ever say that about Lilia! She's four times the duelist you'll ever be you worthless, obnoxious, unwanted little prat. Next time I swear I hear you say something like this about her I will hex you, I will leave you in the hospital wing if I have to but you will never say that about her!" Wesley pushed him away with as much force as he possibly could, "And just in case you think I'm joking maybe this will forever remind you to never insult her again." Before returning to his side of the platform, Wesley swung his free fist forward and aimed for the first year's face.
Wesley Mercer (4th Year)

You can't see me
Even though youre so intolerable I tried to be a good mentor because I saw you as a younger sibling. I thought you and I were a bit similar but right now after all of this I realized that it was actually pity. I felt sorry for you. He began to walk away toward another side of the Slytherin table before turning around to yell one more thing to his ex-mentee. And by the way, I DISOWNED YOU FIRST!
Wesley Mercer (4th Year)

When In Doubt...
As he headed back up to his room, he opened the package and once he entered his room he alternated in staring at the badge that came with his letter and an Emery Roux sitting on his bed. “Why are you badge Emery prefect doing here?” That had to be the most incoherent sentence ever.
Wesley Mercer (4th Year)

Edited by Emery Roux

Emery Roux

g5DA26v.png
R3fKrS6.png

Summary

Emery’s sister, Aenor Roux, arrives at school with him. Marquette Towne decides to break up utterly humiliate Emery. He always hated her anyways. He tries out for Quidditch and makes the team, just to be the new joke everyone makes fun of. Some “friends” dare him to ask out Olliver Tavella just so he can end up breaking up and making fun of the other male. So he finds himself with a boyfriend. Unfortunately, the more Emery hangs out with Olliver, the more he likes the other male as a friend. He ends up not wanting to break up with Olliver and hurt his feelings. On the other hand… He’s not exactly gay. Or maybe it’s because people actually like him when they think he’s gay. When he returns home on winter break he meets up with his muggle friends to see they’re all chavs, and he’s a loser compared to the lot of them. He quickly picks up the chav phase forcing his father to buy him a whole new set of clothes. He has to be cool like the kids back in Croydon. When he returns to school, everyone hates him and Olliver starts to avoid him. In the end, it’s Olliver who breaks up with Emery, who in return has a conniption fit. The only thing he can do is get into fights and make everyone feel his wrath.

During summer break, Emery finally goes home where he gets to hang out with his real friends, the muggles. Asher Schmidt comes to visit and Emery can’t wait to introduce his wizarding friend to the muggle friends he worships. The moment he introduces Asher the lot ask: “This is the rich snob you replaced us with?” And Emery suddenly realizes he’ll never fit in with his muggle friends again since he’s never around to be one of them. The muggle world moves on without him. His muggle friends don’t like him. Asher and Emery break into a fist fight with the muggles, and Emery realizes that he doesn’t want to be a chav anymore. He wants real friends.

Grades

Charms: O
Defense Against The Dark Arts: O
Potions: O
Arithmancy: O
Care Of Magical Creatures: O
Divinations: O

Threads Of Interest

Some Moments Last Forever, But Some Flare Out With Love, Love, Love
"But I just want you..." He froze. "Like... I just want you to get to know me. I'm not horrible. I'm not." Emery had good qualities, right? "I just want to show you but you have to let me. I can protect you and beat up your bullies and keep you safe." That's all anyone wants these days wasn't it? "I swear I have good in me."
Emery Roux (2nd Year)

Want To Me Your Love For Me Pure? Make It A Choice.
”A… double date?” Olliver had two problems. One: he did not like the idea of going on a date with his younger brother present; that was just awkward. And two: “Elliot, you have a girlfriend??” WHY DIDN’T HE TELL HIM ANYTHING?
Olliver Tavella (2nd Year)

That Night In The Shed That Never Happened
“Em… I can put it back, it’s ok,” Olliver said, hoping that Emery hadn’t noticed. But as he went to hook the broom up, his hand brushed against Emery’s, and it did nothing to help the blush and that awkward nervousness in his stomach. “Um, sorry, it’s uh, quite… tight in here…” He scratched at his arm awkwardly, and bit his lip. Suddenly it felt far more restrictive in here than it had a moment before.
Olliver Tavella (2nd Year)

But Everything Just Got Over Me
Emery had seriously been opening up to Olliver by accident. One thing he didn't mean to do in the slightest. He didn't want Olliver knowing things about him that everyone else didn't. But it was impossible to stop letting things slip out like that. You couldn't pretend to be someone's boyfriend and just not tell them anything about yourself. The two spoke and stuff when they were alone and all. He made a mental note to stop telling Olliverlittle secrets. Not just little, in fact, any secrets.
Emery Roux (2nd Year)

Edited by Emery Roux

Emery Roux

OtPLX54.png
xoXaT4q.png

Summary

Emery is finally learning how to be a decent human being. He beings to make friends, and continues to watch over his little sister. It’s during winter break when his world gets torn apart. Their father dies, the last living parent the two have. Aenor has plans to go live with family in France, and Emery panics. Instead of dealing with his emotions or allowing anyone to help him cope, he packs a bag and runs away. He doesn’t return to Hogwarts, he doesn’t want to be found. He packs his wand in the bottom of his bag, forgets about it, and just runs. Nobody is able to locate him.

Grades

Care Of Magical Creatures: D
Astronomy: P
Ancient Runes: D
Charms: EE
Potions: P

Edited by Emery Roux

Emery Roux

SeXI4X0.png
i6xjnPS.png

Summary

Life outside of Hogwarts is rough at first. Emery dyes his hair black and does anything he can to change his identity. He lives on the streets at first, learning that he can pick up under-the-table jobs at restaurants and rent out motels with the money he earns. He saves up and begins riding trains all across Europe where he managed to begin to meet some muggle people from all over the world. He starts learning other people’s stories and hearing about where they came from writing it down in a notebook he carried everywhere with him. It helped his own personal struggles when he heard about other people’s. He took a boat with some other hooligans, and the small group end up in Spain. Emery meets a muggle girl who begins to convince him his dyed black hair doesn’t suit him, and she slowly starts to change him without Emery realizing it.

Edited by Emery Roux

Emery Roux

7yE6Tcc.png
TfnHd4z.png

Summary

In Spain, the beaches are warm and it was hard to stay depressed. Emery would lay in the sand with his friends and they'd mix drinks together laughing until the sun went down. They'd build sandcastles and he'd give large sandy chests to his guy friends that would put most girls to shame. They'd break into pools after they were closed for the night and strip down into their boxers to go swimming. The lot of them would be able to find work occasionally, but they didn't mind sleeping in makeshift areas when they were short on cash. When the warm weather began to pass, one of Emery's muggle friends grew ill so they all saved up to travel back to England for a while to return him back to his family. When they made it to England, nobody managed to make it back to Spain. His friend group fell apart and everyone went their different ways. Emery was left to fend for himself where he found himself sleeping at bus stops and struggling to convince people to hire him for any amount of work.

Edited by Emery Roux

Emery Roux

b3LhEBA.png
ZGXNOir.png

Summary

Emery can’t make it any longer on his own. After having to resort to stealing or asking for help in order to survive, he finds himself knocking at the only guy he thinks he can turn to. Wesley Mercer. Surely his ex-mentor would be able to help him… Wouldn’t he? Emery shows up at Wesley’s front door, and finds himself living in Wesley’s basement as he’s immediately enrolled in Hogwarts again. He’s forced back to school where he’s placed in the 5th year as an attempt to catch up and finish his OWLs. Wesley made a deal that Emery would complete what he can, then he’d return home for summer where a private tutor would catch him up with his current year and he’d have a second shot at OWLs (because lets face it, nobody expected him to pass them the first time around). He’s thrown into a word of studying, studying, studying, and being thrown on the Quidditch team as a warm body since they’re down a player.

Grades

OWL Retakes
Herbology: EE
Ancient Runes: O
Astronomy: O
Muggle Studies: O
History Of Magic: EE
Divination: EE

Fourth Year Make Ups
Herbology: O
Ancient Runes: O
Astronomy: O
Arithmancy: O

Fifth Year Make Ups
Divination: O
History Of Magic: O

Sixth Year
History Of Magic: O
Divination: O

Threads Of Interest

Homeless
Crap. I should have ran. He thought as he saw Wes's face. Staring at him. "Hi." Emery voiced up quickly, brushing his drenching wet clothes to try and look more presentable. No? He still looked like a hobo? "I was just in the neighborhood and though I'd drop by but... I can see your busy with owning a house and all..." He gestured towards the large home and then rubbed the back of his neck. "Was nice catching up. Bye." He spun around and tried to leave. Huge mistake.
Emery Roux (6th Year)

Edited by Emery Roux

Emery Roux

UsXkhBQ.png

alumni

vh30 - vh34

Emery is recruited by a man who goes by "Candor" his 7th year. He's told to practice a few illegal potions on the easier side, which Emery does as he tries to prove his worth to the man. Once he displays his perseverance and skill Emery vanished without a word to anyone, including Aenor and Wes. Candor brings Emery back home to France where he introduces Emery to another young male named Landon, who is a fairly chatty bloke that's been doing this all a few years himself.

Candor allowed Emery and Landon to stay in a 'safe house' where they brewed a number of illegal potions together. As long as they met the requirement before Candor showed up each week all went smoothly. If they didn't manage to meet Candor's standards... The man made sure the two boys regretted it. It wasn't the most lavish lifestyle like Emery had imagined, but he could still quietly send his sister money each month which was all he cared about.

It consumed Emery's life. Candor seemed to slowly up the expected potions both in quantity and potency. Emery and Landon had to learn to adapt rather quickly which had negative effects. Landon tried to travel and find connections to help them get the ingredients they needed. Emery tended to stay locked in the basement for weeks at a time brewing potions as the fumes began to take a toll on his mental state. First, it began as quiet whispers just over his shoulder, only for Emery to turn and see nobody was there to begin with. Then it would escalate to shaky hands and the male feeling trouble connecting his thoughts and words. He felt himself becoming more scatterbrained and quiet since he didn't want to feel foolish. Even Landon began to comment on Emery's changes. 

vh35

It was around the time Emery found himself having trouble casting the simplest of spells that a man named Blackwall broke through the basement door and stormed down the steps to see Emery hunched over his cauldron like usual. He told the Emery that Candor and Landon were dead and tossed a small pouch of coin at Emery. He was told he had to flee the country. Just like that, the male packed a single bag and rushed back to Hogsmeade for some reason he couldn't figure out. Emery wrote some letters to people he cared for apologizing and speaking about how much trouble he was having lately. He destroys the letters before leaving the Hog's Head with intentions of continuing to America or Germany where he can attempt to hide from the people who killed his only friend.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.