Sign in to follow this  
Tinsley Morella

A New Years Eve Bash!

Elva McKinley

Elva watched as a girl came over to her and introduced herself as Tiffany Li. Elva stuck out her hand to shake hers.

"I'm Elva Fire," she answered politely. "It's nice to meet you."

She smiled a bit when a girl in a penguin suit came up to her.

"Hello! My name is Lola. Lola Sprig. I like your dress, oh! And Happy New Year!" she said, and Elva shook her flipper.

"Thanks. I'm Elva Fire," she said. "I like your...penguin suit, too."

She started to giggle; not in a mean way, but a haha-funny.

"I really do like it, though. It's very unique," she said.

Tiffany Li

Tiffany nodded and shook Elva's hand, "It is nice to meets you too."

Tiffany grinned when she saw a girl coming towards them in a Peguin suit.

"Hello, Lola. I'm Tiffany. And me is liking your costumes too!"

Tiffany started laughing, although she didn't mean any harm it did come out sounding bad.

"I'm Sorry, I not laughings at you. It just is so.....differents!"

Jasmine Lau

"Hi, Lola," grinned Jazz cheerfully.

"I'm Jazz and I think I have long/short-term memory loss 'cause I don't know if we've met before or not. If we have, I sincerely apologize and if we haven't, then nice to meet you!"

"I love your penguin suit! I wish I'd thought of that... at least it'd cushion my fall. And in case you're wondering what fall... it hasn't happened yet, but it's guaranteed to at some point in time," she laughed.

Most people thought she was joking when she said something like that. Truth was, it was no joke. Jazz was one of the klutziest people she knew. Oh well, at least she'd only fallen off the staircases and not throught them like a couple of her friends. Ooh, that had been one awkward situation. And people at Hogwarts could definitely be cruel with their comments.

"There's a good reason why I'm one of the only girls here to not be wearing heels. It's definitely tempting fate for me to do so. For me, it's the equivalent of running around with a large metal pole in the middle of an empty lot during a lightning storm. My klutziness is that bad."

Lola Sprig

Lola giggled, looking at the faces of the two girls.

"It's Ok. It is kind of funny anyway, you see, I didn't know what a black and white party is.. And a penguin is black and white.. So, here I am!" she said, half laughing.

"I like it too ^_^ well, its pretty cool. Personally, I think I'm one of the best dressed people here!" she giggled. "Or.. possibly not. I'm kind-of a different person, Well, not an evil-creepy different.. People just think I'm odd for some reason." She looked down at her fluffy body

"Well.. I can sort-of see why.. These things always happen to me."

Smiling, she turned to Jazz

"I'm not sure If I have met you before, I don't think so but you never know with these things. I can't really walk in heels either. Horrible things happen.. Erk."

Edited by Lola Sprig

Jasmine Lau

"If this was a costume party, I would've come as a purple penguin... just 'cause it'd be funnier. It's not like there's any such thing... is there?"

"But I can see how you got to the penguin conclusion from 'black and white.' If it wasn't for my family's rather odd penchant for fancy dress up parties and balls, then I wouldn't know either. I usually hate them, because everyone's so much older and there's really nothing for me to do. Except eat. Which is why I'm very thankful for my fast metabolism and the amount of running that I do in trying to get away from suits of armour."

She sighed, faking a wistful smile and fond memories. "Good times, good times," she said, wiping a nonexistent tear from her eye.

"But seriously, don't worry about it. Lots of people think I'm crazy, and I have no idea why. Just embrace your unique-ness. It's what makes you, you. Plus, we'll be famous in a good twenty years while all those so-called 'normals' over there slave away at their oh-so-mediocre jobs," laughed Jazz, winking and smiling conspiritorally.

Tiffany Li

Tiffany laughed, "Black and white? Oh right....Um I think I miss that parts."

She looked down at her blue dress and shrugged, "Oh wells."

Tiffany turned and looked as Jazz joined them, "Hey Jazz, you are not going to falls down! I think....."

Suddenly she wasn't so sure anymore, she raked her brain for any memories of Jazz falling or tripping but couldn't find any.

"...I is never seen you fall so you won't tonight!"

Lola Sprig

Lola giggled at Jazz's remark. "Yes! We are so going to be the rich and famous ones!"

Raising her flipper, she swept it through the air dramatically. "Someday WE will rule the world" she said, extremely serious, but then broke into a fit of giggles when she saw everyone in the room staring at her. Not knowing what to do, Lola resorted to her usual oddness, and quoted the last musical she had been in, 'Back to the 80's' a very fun show, but one that invloved huge amounts of hairspray.

"What you lookin' at fool?" She said to the stunned silence in the room and then once more burst into giggles like a mad person.

"I'm pretty klutzy myself, My friend Izzy and I are always falling over, or dropping our books or doing something equally embarassing" Lola blushed, perhaps that wasn't the best thing to tell potential friends, it would probably just make them avoid her, and her klutziness like the plauge.

"I'm good at dancing though!" she added, so they wouldn't think of her as an uncoordinated, penguin fool. "When I grow up I'm going to be a Broadway Star, I've been in lots of musicals allready and was homeschooled by a tutor so I could learn my songs and scripts and stuff. Trust me, I have KILLER Jazz hands." She smiled, and then decided that she would have to demonstrate, spreading her fingers wide, she flashed a huge grin at the girls before hastily putting her 'jazz hands' down by her sides.

"Don't worry Tiffany, you look gorgeous in your blue dress! Wherever did you get it? Its divine!"

Jasmine Lau

Jazz stared at Tiffany, honestly and truly shocked. "You've got to be kidding me," she said flatly. "You've never seen me trip or fall? Well, just keep your eyes trained on me and you'll see it happen sometime soon. No worries."

She turned to Lola, as the girl caused a bit of a scene, then proceeded to tell her that she was also very klutzy.

"Oh merlin," she breathed, before suddenly hugging her. "I've met someone else who's massively unco-ordinated! Finally!" Happily, she grinned at them. "You are my kind of girl, Lola," declared Jazz. "I mean that platonically, of course."

Listening to her next comment about how she was good at dancing, the Hufflepuff was surprised. "Really? I'm like that too! I take swordfighting and a bunch of random sports, and for some reason my klutziness disappears if I need it to, but once I'm done with whatever activity I was doing, it's back. Which is probably a good thing, considering the whole 'sharp, pointy object' is a disaster waiting to happen."

Grinning, she told Lola, "I've been in a couple of musicals, but they were just local things. I was in A Midsummer Night's Dream, though. But just as Puck, nothing major. It was fun, though. Mostly, I just concentrated on all of the random things my mom made me join so I would be 'well-rounded.' I spent almost no time at home, except to sleep, because I was at all the different practices and lessons."

"Great jazz hands..." she commented, laughing cheerfully. "I hope you don't expect me to do them well, just because my name's Jazz," she joked.

"Whoa, Tiff, I daresay you do stand out! In a sea of black and white, one lone figure dares to brave the odds and speculation and be different..." she said, in her 'narrator' tone.

In a normal voice, Jazz finished, "But it is gorgeous. And where did you get it from? I want it! Okay, maybe something like it."

Sara Watson

"Hey, Ellie!" Sara replied running up to her fellow Ravenclaw, "Happy new year, little one." Sara said jokingly handing Ellie a box.

Sara was slightly lost but she didn't let it show. She was not going to amuse Jazz again when Sara was confused, or at least try not to.

Ryann Carson

Ryann ran through the halls her long wavy hair whipping behind her as she tried to run down the to the Great Hall. 'Oh my gosh! I'm going to be so so so late for Tinsley's party!' She said running frantically down. She paused outside the door and attempted to flatten down her hair a little and slip on the backs of her shoes. "I'm so sorry Tins, I'm here. I got so tied up." Ryann said running straight over to Tinsley. She paused and turned around to everyone feeling a bit embarassed considering she just rampaged through the Great Hall and started babbling. "Uh ... hello." Ryann said grinning sheepishly and scanning the people for a familair face. She saw Jazz and decided she'd head over to her after this. If anyone could brighten her mood it would be Jazz. Ryann fumbled over her words and then turned back to Tinsley, "Again, really sorry. I ran here as fast as I possibly could." she said looking at her watch realizing she was pretty late but she got here and changed in under 15 minutes. Score one for Ryann!

[[i realize I'm after new years day but... I couldn't post then I got really tied up. But we can pretend I just got here late. XD ]]

Tiffany Li

Tiffany laughed at her friend's crazy broadway re-enactments, "Yous are a bit weirds.....I is not understanding a words yous are saying! What is mid-summer night dreams?...Dreams is at night, no?"

Tiffany was suddenly very confused as she attempted to understand what they were on about.

"Don't worry Tiffany, you look gorgeous in your blue dress! Wherever did you get it? Its divine!"

*Now, that I get!* She thought.

"Oh, I got it in China. It seems not formals enough....Maybe I can get ones for you Jazz? My old best friend's mum is own biggest fashion label in China"

She grinned as Sara joined them, "Hellos again Sara."

Tiffany almost lauged as Sara tried not to look confused, taking a deep breath she calmed herself and pretended she hadn't noticed.

Tinsley Morella

Tinsley smiled to herself as all the girls chatted. Jazz and Lola were talking about taking over the world, and she started to respond about them being wrong, it would not be them, it would be HER, thankyouverymuch. Maybe she could throw a couple of her friends in there for good measure, too. So it would be her and whoever wanted to go for the ride. But then again, they were her friends. So they would help her take over the world.

She started to explain that to them when she noticed a girl running over to her frantically. She listened to Ryann's explanation and laughed, hugging the girl. "No, no! It's okay! You arent even that late." She shrugged. "I'm just glad you made it Ry!"

Sara Watson

"Hello to you too, Tiff." Sara laughed.

"Hey Ryann. How've you been?" she asked as she walked in.

(Okay, I serisouly have to get off. Will post your present, Ryann. promise but right now my sister's freaking at me for some reason to get off...night)

Tiffany Li

Tiffany laughed at Sara's response and turned to the new girl.

"Hellos there, my name is Tiffany. How ares you?"

She introduced herself absentmindedly still contemplating what her friends had said.

"Is someone can tell me whats Jazz and Lola is talkings about?"

Tiffany asked on one in particular, as she was so confused.

Lola Sprig

Lola's eyebrows shot up with excitement.

"Your friends mom owns the BIGGEST FASHION LABEL IN CHINA???!!! OMG! That's so cool! That would be so awesome! All the gorgeous clothes! and shoes..." Lola almost started to drool at the thought of the shoes. Clothes, Shoes.. Quite an addiction for Lola, even if she WAS wearing a penguin suit. She sighed wistfully.. To have all the shoes she wanted.. Wow. It was like.. a beautiful dream..

Lola's parents were quite wealthy from inventing and owning Fizz Co. Straws for a New Generation. But, like most childeren, she wasn't allowed all the pretty things she wanted. Sure, her parents bought her clothes, but with Lola's fetish, she usually wanted new ones within the next week.

"I love clothes! And shoes... especially shoes.. When I was Dorothy on Broadway I got these completley gorgeous red sparkly shoes.. They are honestly amazing, I have to show you guys some time! You will love them. Trust me. You get loads of amazing clothes when you work on Broadway.. except you don't really get to keep any of them" she laughed "I was pretty lucky to get the red slippers, but my mom's friend was Directing the show and she pulled a favour." Lola smiled. She loved those shoes to bits.

Noticing a new girl come to the group, Lola introduced herself, as any polite person would do. Her mother would be proud ^_^.

"Hello there, I'm Lola. What's your name?"

Tiffany Li

Tiffany smiled as she covered her ears against Lola who was raising her voice in her excitement ((Will edit out if you want)). She understood her excitement though. She didn't find out about her friend practically owning the label until they were 8. From then on, Tiffany was given new clothes every other week in return for discounts at her parent's store.

When Lola had slowed down Tiffany uncovered her ears and nodded, "Yes, it was very useful. Even now I get free clothes every month. I can ask for some for you if you wants. What is you liking?"

"When I was Dorothy on Broadway.....You get loads of amazing clothes when you work on Broadway."

"Uh, what is Bradways? And who is Dorothys?"

Tiffany found herself back in that confused state once again.

Lola Sprig

Lola squealed and hugged Tiffany, I mean, how could she help herself!

"Are you serious! You can get free clothes for me??!!! OMG! I basically love anything cute! And judging by that dress, you have very good taste :)" she smiled at her new friend and tried to explain Broadway

"Broadway is basically a place in New York, and they have lots of plays, like stage performances, dramatic like, They are really amazing and super fun to act in and watch. Dorothy is a character in The Wizard Of Oz. Its a play, and a movie. She has a cute dog, called To-to and wears red sparkley shoes! You should really watch it sometime, its a classic and is soooo cute" She smiled, hopefull that her explination was somehow good enough.

Tiffany Li

Tiffany winced as Lola sgueled but she returned the hug she got. Now she laughed at her new friend's excitement, "I shall find you somethings. But only if you promise me one things..."

She trailed of as she listened to the explanation of what Broadway is.

"Oh oks I think I is get it, Do you haves a copy of this Wizard of Oz. Maybes we can watch it togethers sometime."

Tiffany felt that she had held Lola in suspense long enough, "If you promise me we is being friends always I will gets you free clothes! This dress is good taste? I got this dress ages ago. I did not knowing what to wear so I pull this outs. You sure it is oks?"

Lola Sprig

Lola bit her lip waiting, she was excited and sort of scared.. perhaps she would have to eat a worm? or to.. throw a large amount of green jelly on Professor Gorilla-o? She giggled happily at the thought, that was probably what she had waneted to do ever since she started potions, besides of course the eating of the worm. That was just tres' grosse'.

"I don't have a copy sadly.. But someone in this castle is bound to. Maybe the muggle studies teacher? Yes! She.. or he would definatley maybe have one! The Wizard of Oz is a very important movie in 'Muggle' lifestyles. Well, sortof anyway." she trailed off, wondering if The Wizard of Oz was important in muggle society. Well, being a muggle, she supposed it was somewhat important.

"If you promise me we is being friends always I will gets you free clothes! This dress is good taste? I got this dress ages ago. I did not knowing what to wear so I pull this outs. You sure it is oks?"

Lola burst out laughing, "Of course we will always be friends! Youy don't have to give me free clothes for that! It's definate to happen! And that dress is super gorgeous. Much cuter than this.. erm.. Penguin Suit."

Edited by Lola Sprig

Tiffany Li

Tiffany laughed at the expression on Lola's face. "I is not so mean to makes you do something bads. Well I is shall find a copys of this Wizard movie somewheres..."

Tiffany thought about all the shops she has visited since coming to England and vaguely remembered a video store. She had passed it once when she decided to walk to diagon alley

"Is a Videos store having it? I think I is passed one onces. It is really big and has lots of shelves full of videos and some cd thing?"

Then she laughed, "No! Your Penguin suit is the best!"

Ami Johns

Ish, Ami was majorly late.

Like, majorly. Try maybe a few hours? Yea. That's how late Ami was.

At least she was dressed correctly, if not very nicely. Ami had been studying, lame for New Year's, but nonetheless doing it, when she remembered. She had rushed upstairs, and thrown on the first things that were either black or white and maybe both. The outcome was silly looking. The white t-shirt Ami was wearing had nothing on it, just a plain white bordering cream. She was wearing black pants, ones with large white spots all over it. A mishap from re-painting a room.

Her shoes topped it all off though. One was a panda slipper, from long ago. Ami doesn't even wear them anymore, but brought them anyway. The other was a black sandal with a white tag. Mhmm, bad dress sense today.

But today was New Year's Eve, so it doesn't matter! Ami cautiously entered the Great Hall in her atrocious outfit and made her way through the people there. Ami recognized most of them and greeted them as she made her way to Tinnsley, who was over there talking and hanging with people Ami didn't recognize.

"Haylie! I haven't seen you in ages." Ami exclaimed as she smiled warmly at her before moving on.

"Amy. We seriously need to get together more, or something. It's good to see you here."

"Sara! What are you doing here?" Ami laughed as she hugged the girl.

"Of course Kay would be here, of course." Ami said, rolling her eyes and grinning.

"Sarah, I hope everything is okay. With everything that's happened so far..." She said, rubbing the back of her neck before one-armed hugging her.

"Dee, I'll be seeing you later. You know that."

Ami hugged Tiffy when she saw her and smiled widely, but passed on, wanting to reach Tins before doing much else.

Ami said as she finally reached Tins. She had... Ehem, avoided the people she didn't know, saving herself from embarrassment you could say. But, unfortunatley, there were people Ami didn't know next to Tins. Kinda smiling at them, she turned back to Tins. "Sorry I'm so late..." Ami said. "I was," she paused. "Studying."

((Sorry for being so late... I had PMed Tins before about it. I was gone, on vacation. And I know, the post's kinda lame... But oh well. I had to do this sometime or later))

Jasmine Lau

"Hi," said Jazz to the newcomer. "I'm Jazz... I think I've met you before. Merlin, I wish I could remember... the alcohol in the butterbeer, low as the percentage is, completely kills my memory. Or at least, that's my excuse for tonight. I'll come up with a new one the next time we meet," she joked.

"N.T. Hoofle!" exclaimed the girl, suddenly spotting her ever-elusive friend looking late and overwhelmed. "It's so great to see you again! How were your holidays?"

Turning to Tiff, Jazz told her seriously, "You are an awesome person. Free clothes rock. You rock. End of story." She grinned, "So your best friend's mom really owns that label in China? Excellent... next time I visit there... I'm definitely going shopping to see if I can spot anything that reminds me of your wardrobe. But don't worry, I will not ask for free clothes from you. Friendship, I'll take, though."

Tiffany Li

Tiffany laughed as Ami hugged her and walked off, "Hello to you too Amis!" She called out still laughing. She turned back to the current conversation just in time to hear Jasmine talking about the clothes.

"Yep, It's called something like Pheonix clothes or somethings." Tiffany struggled to remember the shop she hasn't visited since she was eight, shrugging she gave up. "Yes, next times you return to Chinas you haves to see its! And ifs you tells her my names maybe she is giving you same discount."

Tiffany laughed as Jazz turned down the free clothes, "Oh goods! I is not getting enough clothes to fit the entire year!!" Tiffany grinned and launched herself at Jazz at the mention of friendship, "Definatelys! We shall be....Best Friends!!" She recalled the word at the last minute

Jasmine Lau

"Hmm... discount? Hello, sounds good to me!" she laughed. "Isn't it called Phoenix Fires? I thought it was... Anyway, I'm going back this summer, because I haven't been there in a couple of years. You should come with me, it'd be really fun!"

"Whoa, imagine if all the first years started asking you for free clothes. Talk about a commercial nightmare! It'd be a terrible business policy, they'd go bankrupt before you know it. Too many freebies, not enough money. Yeah, not pretty."

Jazz hugged the enthusiastic Tiffany. "Sure! We can celebrate our Asian-ness together! Asian Invasion," she joked.

Tiffany Li

Tiffany laughed and nodded, "Yeah most likelys, my mother is already theres and won't be backs for some times. Problem is I is supposed to look afters Cousin.....Oh wells, we work outs later!"

Tiffany looked around and made sure no one heard them, she whispered, "Don't tell anyones! Only you and Lola knows, if other people is knowing...well my friend is might come here just to kills me!"

She laughed at the idea and shook her head, trying to rid herself of the horrible images she has of dying at the hands of her childhood best-friend.

Turning back to Jazz as she was hugged Tiffany laughed, "Yeps! Asian-ness...or Chinese-ness! Asian Invasion? My cousin is using that words a lot. I is not quites understand."

Tiffany frowned as she remembered her cousin talking about it when they decided to move here.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.