Sign in to follow this  
Jack Curtis

Yeah toast.

Leilani Stevens

'Too fast?' a tiny voice inside her head asked. Had Jack's sudden change been to quick, to the point of suspicious? Even if it was, Leilani would never know, recently she had given up harboring on things that that made her angry or sad, as long as she was happy, everything was fine. Even Jack was, at the moment, cause she had 'won.'

"That's more like it!" she smiled, smiling widely again and then caught his comment. "I know I'm not! That's what I've been trying to tell everyone!"

Really, she hadn't bothered to tell anyone. Fact was, Leilani was opinionated, loud, and borderline obsessive, and that's the way she liked it. So what if it got her locked into closets, or laughed at, or stalked? None of it mattered because she had to much confidence in herself to see any of those situations as being her fault. Nope, everyone else had caused it, she was innocent.

"What do you have in mind?" she whispered following him. "Can we really blow something up?" If she had been in a right state, Leilani would have imediately protested to any activities that might lose Gryffindor points, but she was feeling a bit, sketchy, uninhibited, and beyond her recently gloomy self, to care at the moment.

Jack Curtis

Jack smirked, unable to help it.

"How about the forest?" He asked, not caring what she said in response. That was where he was going. He tried to wrack his brain, think of a place he could distract her and then leave her stranded. "If you want to blow something up, that's cool. I dunno. We could do anything in there."

...well, that left the table open, didn't it? He could think of a million and one ways to get in trouble around here, and just as many ways to avoid getting caught.

"What are you up for?"

God, this was going to be fun.

Leilani Stevens

Like get attacked by giant spiders! Those Slytherins had got into trouble in the forest, bad trouble, and as much as she disliked them all, at the moment, she wouldn't wish it one them again. It didn't seem like a good idea, they were asking for trouble in there. She almost made up her mind to call the whole thing off...

...but she hadn't been into the forest yet, and those silly Slytherickies probably caused all of the drama themselves. At that moment, she knew she was going in. "Whatever." Leilani was trying to sound as unexcited as possible, she didn't want Jack thinking she was some unexperienced little girl, even though she was! Not, okay yes.

"No serious," she continued. 'I am totally up for anything, cause I have been so utterly bored lately it's insane!" Yeah, if you called getting caught up in a different drama each day boring. Truth was, Leilani was the type of girl who just couldn't escape it, it's like it followed her, or she followed it, it was just always there.

"I trust you'll be able to come up with something," she told him, "with that attitude of yours there is no telling what you are capable of." What was that sound? Oh, it was her heart beat! How strange, it was almost as if it was forboiding something, something that Leilani was choosing to ignore.

Jack Curtis

Jack wiped his face blank, but inside he was dancing with glee. This was going to be too damn easy.

"Let me guess. You've never been in the forest before?" He asked, slowing down slightly so that he was walking beside Leilani instead of in front of her.

And don't say yes, because I'll know you're lying...

He tucked his hands into his pockets, scanning the lawn as they walked down it--the morning was foggy, and when he glanced back, the castle was already partially hidden behind it.

"Yeah, I'll think of something." He replied, nodding faintly. "I'm good at that."

Leilani Stevens

"Err....ye-well, no, I haven't." It was hard for her to admit, since she was naturally the exploring type, but lately other things had been occupying her mind, other mundane, idioc, make you want to pull out your hair things that she was ready to forget. "But I'm a naturally outdoorsy person, hiking trails, path marking, photographic memory, and other junk like that."

The fog was thick, giving everything a surreal look.

"But I doubt, this," she nodded to the now visible forest in front of them, "is going to be like anything I have ever trailed on, my camping trips never involved venomous, gigantic, spiders, ever."

Leilani was suddenly scared again, there was a dull naggin in the back of her mind trying to bring her back to her senses. 'Rationalize, stop and think,' her father had always told her when she acted with haste. And up until recently that was all she did, but she had still managed to fall into trouble. So now, she decided to do the opposite, not think, and just act becuase she could.

"What about you?" she asked. "Have you ever been attacked by anything in there? Or is this all a front, and in actuality you are a newbie like myself?" For all she knew it could be true, but somehow, staring at him, she really doubted it.

Jack Curtis

Hiking trails? Path marking? Dear god, she was a freaking girl scout. He had to fight to stay impassive, although he really wanted to giggle. He just nodded in what looked like understanding.

He thought back to all the times he'd been in the forest--never been attacked, that was always good.

"Nope." He said, shrugging. "I run fast."

Well, that was his way of hinting that something had actually happen, when it hadn't.

"But hey. It's not night, and we're about two weeks from the next full moon, so that cuts down our chances of being eaten by like...half."

He winked at her.

Leilani Stevens

Well he certainly was trying to make her feel uncomfortable about the whole situation, which she was, but she wasn't about to show it, not to him anyways.

She focused on her comment about the moon, being from the entertainment capital of the world that could only mean one thing, "You mean there are like wearwolves in there?" she asked him unable to hide her suprise. Seeing them on the big screen was one thing, but actually coming into contact with them, was he serious.

"What else is rumored to be in there?" Leilani doubted whethere anyone could truly know. After all, the forest was forbidden, and she doubted many had the guts to go in there far enough to find out.

A little of the uneasiness ebbing away, she was beginning to feel slightly excited. For the entire wizarding world, good or bad, was new to her. And Leilani had always loved learning new things.

Jack Curtis

Jack felt weird explaining things--he never did that.

"Werewolves, sure." He said, nodding slightly. "They're all over the place, duh."

He fell into a thoughtful silence, trying to think of what other beasties were hiding out there.

"...these huge spider things...acro-somethings, you know about them...centaurs, I think--probably vampires, I don't know."

He left out the unicorn bit, because that didn't even matter--no one ever saw a wild unicorn. Ever.

As they neared the forest, he started to think--he had to fine-tune his plan before he started to lay it out.

Leilani Stevens

SSSCCREEEECH!

It was as if suddenly someone had put the breaks on her roller coaster ride. She stopped suddenly shaking her head, memories racing to the forefront of her mememory. A few months ago, the mere sight of a 'friendly' ghost had almost caused her to faint. And when it had mentioned something about vampires she panicked, now she seemed to be walking straight into that exact fear.

This was not like her.

"Ummm...." she began, her breathing starting to get heavy. Oh no! This was not a time to start hyperventilating, not at all, it wasn't as if she was walking into a closet or anything. Calm...she tried. "You know something Jack?" Her face flushed, after all the back talking she had done, after trying to convince him that she was more than just a silly little girl, she thought about backing down. "M-Maybe this isn't such a fabulouos idea, you know? We really don't know what's in there, and we could get into loads of trouble if someone found out."

She almost hated to say it, knowing full well he was going to turn it around and throw it in her face. She really did have a big mouth, but there was nothing she could take back anymore, all there was left was to take control of the moment, and at the moment she was looking towards the mysterious forest with a sense of dread in her eyes. Her breathing was getting worse.

Jack Curtis

Jack stopped, turning to her, tilting his head slightly. The corners of his lips twitched once, but then he managed to turn the smug smile into a frown of concern.

"You sure? It could be fun. We won't go far, you know? Plus--you're with me. Nothing can get you when I'm around."

LIES. ALL LIES.

He was a weakling. Sort of.

It wasn't hard--he just had to say the right thing, lure her in. Come onnnnn...

"Don't you trust me?"

Ooh, burn.

Leilani Stevens

"H-honestly?" she closed her eyes and looked away, if she had ever needed Ami or Deedee now was the moment, she felt weak. "No. There aren't to many people I trust nowadays, but this had nothing to do with you."

It was the truth, her erratic behaviour as of late had been more due to her, bad coping mechanisms to stressful situations. Leilani often found herself doing and saying things that felt as though they were beyond her control, she supposed it was an unhealthy alternative to dealing with things head on, but so far it had been safe, now she was literally playing with fire.

Yet...

The forest did seem to be calling her, she wanted to see, and Jack. Well Jack was still Jack, and she had no way of knowing if he was telling the truth, but being the person that she was, trust was never to far behind. "Well I suppose if you promise that we won't go very far, I may be able to treck out of the Los Angeles National forest without much problem, but somehow this seems a little different."

And for some odd reason, "Promise me Jack?" she looked him dead in the eyes, unable to read the strange expression they seemed to be portraying, "promise that we won't go to far, and that we'll try and stay out of trouble? Do it our I swear I will turn back right now."

There was no reason why she was asking him this, other than hoping he would say no, and she could use it as an excuse to leave. His response, if it were yes, was in no way going to comfort her, she didn't even know the guy, and already he seemed awfully shiffty. If only he would just say no, than the feeling of passing out might leave her, and she could go back to her room.

Jack Curtis

Jack finally just snorted.

This was perfect. She was chickening out. He didn't even have to go through the effort. He could just chase her off and then go to sleep somewhere.

"You know what? Forget it." He said, waving a hand. "I'll go alone. See you around."

He turned and put his hands in his pockets, the smile only reappearing when she couldn't see his face anymore.

Yesyesyesyes...

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.