Sign in to follow this  
Scarlet Summerton

A Fork and Knife

Scarlet Summerton
Scarlet looked around the great hall and spotted who she was looking for. Scarlet strode over to Raine pushing a first she out of her way. Unfazed Scarlet continued walking.

Raine Windwhisper

Raine smirked. "Glad you are on time, for once. Sit. Before you there is a typical formal place setting. Notice how they are laid out. You start from the outside and work your way in. The silverware is placed on the table in the order that it will be used. Use this as your guide to help you remember what to eat through your meal."

Raine demonstrated. "Use outside fork for first course, unless soup is served, then you would use your outside spoon instead. Got that?"

"When you are finished with the course, place your fork at the right end of your plate, diagonally over the edte. That tells the servants that you are done with that course. We will cover soup courses one night when soup is actually served. Tonight... deal with what we have. Salad, roast beef, rolls, and sweets."

Scarlet Summerton

Scarlet looked a little offended,

"I've done this before, my parents own a mansion-full of House Elfs and servants, I think I know how to handel a formal dinner setting. We have large parties in the summer and picni... never mind, here is this right?" Scarlet demonstraited; she didn't want to get into trouble with this girl... it wasn't wise so she decided to shut her trap.

Raine Windwhisper

Raine smirked as Scarlet complied. "Show me how to properly (in detail) place your napkin in your lap."

Scarlet Summerton

Scarlet unfolded her napkin and placed it on her lap, reaching for her soup spoon which was one the outside next to the knife. Placing her spoon on an angle she scooped up the tomato soup away from her; careful not to spill it or slurp it she continued eating.

During the whole first course she talked small talk, concentrating on keeping her voice bored yet polite.

"Well thats done... whats next?" Scarlet dabbed her mouth gentley and smoothed out her robes.

Raine Windwhisper

"Very nice." Raine was impressed with Scarlet's manners. She was also thankful that she didn't have to teach Scarlet how to use a spoon. "So, tell me about your family." Raine said, in a commanding tone.

Scarlet Summerton

"Large," Scarlet said; she noticed Raine wasn't satisfied with that so she continued.

"Peter's my dad and Maria is my mum, she's a Charleston; you know that big family that owns half of Ireland? Hence the red-ish hair. I have an older brother Devarl and a younger sister Grace, I love them to bits. Theres a really long history about the Summerton's and Charleston's but I'm sure you don't want to hear about them," Scarlet looked at Raine.

Edited by Scarlet Summerton

Raine Windwhisper

"I wouldn't say quite half, but yes, they do own quite a chunk. That's impressive." Raine was still going to treat Scarlet like a toad, regardless of who she was connected to. The traits seemed to have skipped over the girl somehow. "No, go ahead. Tell me."

Scarlet Summerton

"The first of us migrated from Ireland to Britain around 1120 AD, so our background is mainly Irish, hence the red hair. The family has been going to Hogwarts for centuries and most have entered Slytherin. A few us can speak paseltongue; but most of us prefer not to," Scarlet glared at Raine and then asked her own question.

"So what about your family?"

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.