Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dante-Lucas Decatre

Elementally, My Dear Watson.

Guest Dante-Lucas Decatre

It was all... very interesting.

And that was about all that Dante-Lucas Decatre could think as he descended the stairs to the Great Hall, his fingers lightly sliding down the railing. Actually he didn't know WHAT this place was called... he just assumed that as it was a rather huge room, and appeared to be a room that lead to the rest of the castle, it ought to be called the Great Hall. Yes, Lucas was just that cool. His footsteps echoed lightly as if signalling an ominous threat, one the Gryffindor stubbornly refused to acknowledge.

This school continued to be interesting as Lucas jumped the last three steps and landed with a resounding BANG on the stone floor. No one came out and yelled at him for running around before breakfast and jumping down the stairs. For a moment, the Gryffickle froze in his crouched position, straining his ears. Nope. Not a sound. No one was coming.

He really thought that there was some sort of magical shield over the whole school that would alert the teachers if anything bad were to ever happen. This was even more interesting, in and of itself, as Lucas was still holding on to that shred of hope that magic did not exist, dammit. It was proving to be a bit of a challenge. The wand he carried in his robes seemed to be filled with some power whenever he touched it - not to mention the hat last night had completely scared the frazzles out of his damp hair, and then the woman in the painting outside the common room...

Lucas shook his head and leaned forward, resting his knees on the cool stone floor. His feet seemed to whine in protest with the shoes he was wearing. Oh, right. He hadn't broken them in yet. The boy stood and brushed invisible dust from his robes before fluffing his brown hair quickly. Hopefully he'd be able to find his way back to the common room. He wasn't really looking forward to all of those stairs.

Winnie Perkins

Winnie was starving... she was hungry.... SHE NEEDED FOOOOOOOD!!!!

So what was her plan of attack? After surviving the first night in this spooky castle, she figured she'd be able to find her way to the place they called a 'Great Hall'. Why was it great and why was it called a hall? Wait that was where they were the other day when they had to wear the incredibly disgusting hat, right? Yes. That was the place. Now how did she get from the tower to the Great Place?

Actually, that wasn't really on Winnie's mind. She was more worrisome about the thoughts of home. She didn't want to be here. She didn't understand why her mum had agreed that this is where she belonged. She was just a normal girl with a normal mum and a normal life. Being a magician is not something she wanted to do. Pulling rabbits out of hats, sawing people in half, learning card tricks-- it wasn't what she was meant to do!

Looking up suddenly as she walked right into a boy, Winnie luckily didn't fall. Stumbling backwards somewhat, Winnie looked up and crossed her arms. "Mind moving?" She snapped. She didn't ask it all too kindly either. Who just stood in doorways anyhow? How rude was that? Very! "Come on then your mum wasn't a window maker now was she?"

Joaquim de Compostela

Quim felt like Batman; not because he felt like a superhero, nor had he saved anyones life in the past...no, he had never ever saved a life (although he had killed a few ants in the past; his conscience always bugged him because of this), but, he felt like Batman because they both had to live in caves. Well, Hufflepuff House wasn't exactly a cave, but it wasn't terribly comfortable either. As soon as the Prefects had led all the first years, him included into the common room, Joaquim found himself staring at a rather simple-looking room, with no more furniture that was absolutely needed. This certainly wasn't the best of first impressions but, to tell the truth, it wasn't the best of them either. Suggesting to himself that perhaps not everything was terrible about the house, Quim decided to get on getting acquainted with his bed and even maybe organize his things a bit.

The second impression was, if anything, scary as hell. As soon as Joaquim had found his bed, and placed himself on top of it, trying to get at least a brief experience of what life would be like upon this (hopefully) soft mattress. He had been assigned the bottom bunk bed, so as he looked up at the bottom of the bed above him he would have expected to see wooden planks and stuff, but oh no, there was something else. Something much nastier that wooden planks.

"MOLD!"

He literally flew out of bed, landed on the floor, and quickly crawled as far as his legs could take him...which meant, the other end of the room. Once there, he curled himself into a small ball against the wall and started muttering things which where mostly undecipherable. Still, those who had seen him could have sworn that, within the phrases he constantly kept repeating after the incident were the words 'unhygienic', 'disgraceful', 'undignified', and 'sue.' Once he had put himself back together, he stood up, face red and sporting a horrid grimace, and rushed forward back to his bed. Then, using his very hands, he scratched all the mold off. Having nowhere to dump the greenish stuff, Joaquim had settled for placing all the gooey greenish stuff on the bed neighboring his.

That day, Quim refused to go to sleep on that bed. So, without asking for help, he removed the mattress off the wooden, sheets and bed covers still on top, and placed it on the floor by the bed. "If any of the heads even thought I would sleep on a bed with mold dripping all over my face, they were WRONG," he muttered grumpily as he slid out of his uniform and grudgingly got onto his bed. He blew out the candles on his bedside table (or, in this case, the table behind him) and briskly pulled the bed covers over him. That night he couldn't sleep. The mold remains in his hands bunt his skin. It even came to a point in which he just couldn't tolerate that itchy feeling and marched out of the dorms and into the bathroom, waking the rest of the boys in the process. Once his hands had been heavily scrubbed, he returned to bed, and enjoyed ('Hrmph, as if!') the remaining of his sleep time.

On the following day, Joaquim woke up early. He really wanted to inform the Head of House about the 'mold' problem but, not wanting to sound wimpy or actually make a bad first impression, he buried these thoughts away, and took a nice hot shower. ('These dirty English kids not showering every day shouldn't discourage you from keeping your armpits smelling nice.') Once fully dressed in his school uniform (at first, Joaquim was hesitant to even WEAR those horrid pants) he sped out of the room, and found himself quickly standing on the entrance hall. Finding the banisters on each side of the ladders that led up to the Main Staircase intensely appealing, Quim clambered to the top of the stairway, and looked down. That looked like an interesting ride. So interesting, even, that he couldn't even control his impulses, and quickly climbed onto the banister and slid on his bum down its entire length.

Dusting his cape cloak, Joaquim strolled into the Hall, now ready to get something to eat.

"...window maker now was she?"

His eyebrows shot up in the air. Why, wasn't that an interesting conversation? not. His gaze drifting led him to look at a rather...interesting-looking girl and an enemy boy who, truth be told, couldn't have appealed to Joaquim's eye whatsoever. Guided by instinct (and, if I may, I'll remind you that the instinct of an eleven year old is far from intelligent, actually, bordering defective more than anything), Joaquim sauntered before the girl, accidentally jamming his arm against the boy's in the process 'So I wasn't looking, ok?'.

Managing to muster a brief and most definitely unapologetic 'sorry', Joaquim returned to staring at the girl. "Hi," he began, grinning. He leaned forward towards the girl, hesitated for a second (which, by the way, made him feel utmostely awkward), and then just forgot it all, and kissed the girl lightly on the cheek*. He then looked at the boy at his side. He just couldn't bring himself to ignore him. "Hello," he glanced briefly his way, and offered him a shy hand, then took a step back so that they were forming a triangle. "Muito-" Joaquim bit down his tongue, realizing that his spiced accent had transformed into actual Portuguese. Then, he seemed to realize what just happened. Not only had he purposefully invaded an uninteresting conversation, he also pushed a boy out of the way ('Not really...') and tried to impose his own conversation upon them.

"I'm sorry...I- Oh, nevermind. I'm sorry for interrupting, really-" his voice trailed off as he started to walk away, "I dunno why I did that. Seriously. Have a lovely morning." Meanwhile, in his head, Joaquim was actually murdering himself for being such a careless idiot. 'Seriously, could you have been any more tactless? You really are something else, Joaquim de Compostela. Really.'

*In Brazil and mainly the rest of South and Central America, people kiss each other on the cheek as greeting. It isn't a formal greeting at all, but rather, very casual and often used with acquaintances or people one considers to have cheeks clean enough for one to kiss.

Winnie Perkins

Yeah, the day had actually started off really well. Winnie wasn't hating the world as much as she usually did and quite honestly she was hoping today would change her mind and make her want to stay at this institution. Maybe it'd give her lots of new experiences and change her life or something. Open the door and show her the bright light. She was actually hoping for it. Depending on the damn school to just rip itself apart and bare it's soul so damn Winifred-Marie Perkins would stop wishing everyone she knew and met to hell so she could be happy.... uhm... yeah.

Then this boy randomly came up to them and totally got waaaay to far into her bubble. This was her PERSONAL bubble we're talking about here! Seriously now. This kid (although he smelt pretty good) was all up in her face and she could feel him breathing on her face. Wanna know what else she could feel on her face? HIM!!! Ok, he'd said 'hi' first but who cared? He was slobbering on her face and she was pretty sure she was going to hyperventilate and die. Shrivel up into a raisin while taking the fetal position and just disappear into nothing at this school that was going to ruin her life!

Winnie started breathing really hard as the-boy-who-smelled-really-good stepped away and started muttering about interrupting their conversation. Looking at him with horror smothered all over her face, Winnie couldn't figure out what was going on. Had he not realized what he'd just done? Had he not comprehended that he'd just KISSED her ZOMG! on the cheek! He was seriously acting like nothing happened.

Winnie looked from the boy who still stood there and back to the-boy-who-smelled-really-good and couldn't believe neither of them were taking the initiative to-- to-- to-- I don't know! Stomping after him she caught up as quickly as she could and put herself in front of him before smacking him on the cheek. Winnie still cradled her own cheek as she felt as if she moved her hand it'd reveal a hideous burn or mark that he might have left on her beautiful white painted cheek.

"Try that again and you'll be sorry!" Winnie hissed and gave the boy the evil eye. She had had enough of this. Growling a bit she gave him one more threatening look before turning to the other boy and glaring at him as well.

How could someone ruin her morning? Her very first day of school? Well fine, she'd just go sulk in her dorm room! Turning on her heel she stomped off, not caring if they stood there still shocked or thinking she was rude. That-that boy had slobbered on her!

{{OOC: Sorry guys. I didn't think anyone was ever going to reply to this so I just had Winnie leave. I didn't want to leave it hanging open and I needed to close up some of my RPs. I've got WAY too many <333 You know I love you both though.}}

Edited by Winnie Perkins

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.