Sign in to follow this  
Juliet Montague

The Great Hogwarts Food Fight

Warren Graham

Warren Graham

Detention Post One

Word Count: 303

This was not fair. Not fair at all and Francis knew it. Why was the Ravenclaw even cleaning? Both he and Warren had been hiding under the table like the smartpansies they were, and Warren was positive that neither he or Francis had thrown a single handful of food through the entire duration of the fight.

Warren was still under the table. He hadn’t bothered to come out until now... he had been too worried about getting in trouble. A whole lot of good that did him. D< He ducked out from underneath the table and glared.

“Fran, why are you still-”

A plate promptly fell over onto his head, drenching him with a different assortment of beans. “Thanks, Fran.” Warren grumbled, shaking peas from his hair. He climbed out from underneath the table and took one good look around.

Haha. Yeah... no. Warren wasn’t cleaning this. He didn’t do it.

“Fran,” Warren grabbed a handful of the smaller boy’s robes. “We didn’t make this mess. We bloody hid from it. We don’t have to be here. Come on.”

Feeling somewhat confident in his belief, Warren made his way through the dump that was the Great Hall, towards one of the Professors who had taken charge.

“Professor!” he called as the tried to get the Professor’s attention. Warren suddenly didn’t feel all that confident any more. “Erm... Francis and I didn’t actually take part in the food fight.” he explained, now realizing he would much rather be serving his undeserved detention than be facing this Professor. “We were under the table the whole time. Honest. We have the bruises to prove it, you see?” he indicated to the growing goose egg on the back of his head and then he pointed to Fran’s entire face, because quite frankly, the whole thing was a giant bruise.

Astrid McManus

Astrid McManus

Detention Post #1

Word Count: 358

Although she’d laughed pretty hard when that kid had slid past—it was just like a cartoon!—she sobered up quickly when their Muggle Studies professor laid down the law. What had she been thinking? She’d never had detention before, and she knew from the beginning where this whole food fight would lead. Sighing, she hung her head and looked at the floor between her feet… gross, there was a big chunk of spinach or something there. She kicked at it, succeeding only in smearing it into the floor.

In a moment of full-on teenage angst, Astrid reflected on all the damage that had been and could have been done. Even if the worst had been that the house elves had to clean up, and that would be bad enough in itself. They did so much to keep everyone in the castle happy. Feeling like she’d cry at the thought of it, she tried to cheer herself with the fact that at least the punishment really did suit the crime.

At least Jaedon was there to distract her; he hadn’t seemed too mad when she first veggied him (and even looked as though he wanted to retaliate, perhaps). His reaction to the cleaning supplies actually startled a laugh out of her. “First of all, it’s octopi,” she corrected, in true Ravenclaw form. “And second, they’re mops, to wash the floor with. Although we might be best with brooms and buckets to start, to get some of the bigger stuff up, then get to washing the floors….” She collected a couple brooms and dustpans, and a big empty bucket for trash. “Help me out…?”

As she swept up a big portion of lasagna that had apparently collided with butterscotch pudding, she moved a little closer to Jae so the nearest kids couldn’t hear. “Hey… Sorry about the salad. I kinda got lost in the moment. Thanks for not trying to make it look like I just attacked you.” She grinned at him (looking rather ridiculous with the gravy, soup, and various other food bits congealing in her hair), hoping the whole cleaning thing didn’t give him a nervous breakdown.

Indiana Hainsworth

Indiana Hainsworth

The Woes of Detainment #1

Word Count: 303

Summary of the food fight for Ms. Indiana Hainsworth? Lets take out our list, shall we? She got smacked with jello, (didn't everyone?), dumped pumpkin juice all over her best friends, ran down the tables yelling an infamous Spartan war cry, dove back down past the tables, hit every single head imaginable, got a mermaid's tail all messy and even talked back to that said mermaid portrait. Even some Professors had joined in on the chaos!

Let's clear our throats here.. ahem.

"SUCCESS!" Indiana yelled throughout the Great Hall, but not before the fight came to a close and everyone scattered to leave the Great Hall - avoid what they asked to be coming for them. "You're all pansies!" Indiana called to them, decked out in jello, pudding, chicken and even some salad. Was that lettuce in her armpit? Baffling, those food fights. She pulled the disgusting, slimey green vegetable from underneath her arm, in a place where no vegetable should ever be, and tossed it on the floor.

CLEAN? OH REALLY?

Indiana's frustration was shown on her face. What a silly punishment! She did not clean! She'd procrastinate this in any way possible. Tossing the mop in between her hands, back and forth, ever so slowly, she dabbled her way over to Evey and Hayley, whom stood by the Gryffindor table. Catching the last of Evey's words, “Well, at least it’s only cleaning. That’s not so bad", Indiana could only scoff.

"Princess do not mop!" Indiana complained, mindlessly sweeping her mop back and forth without even an ounce of determination. In all honesty, it must've looked she like was confusing that mop for a broom or something. So, detention at Hogwarts was just Muggle chores. Indiana found this to be a very interesting and controversial topic to bring up in her next letter to her parents.

Aoi Bianchi

Aoi Bianchi

Detention #1

Word Count: 262

Aoi Bianchi was still on his back, ears ringing, slightly and still somewhat disoriented, he wasn’t sure if he was okay or not. Personally, he was sore… And still a bit winded, he turned to get up- wincing as his head swam… Only he stood and almost fell down again, his back was dripping goop, but he didn’t seem to notice as he rubbed his temples, wondering what the professors were talking about? He was soon picked up by the scruff of his shirt and righted. “Oh…” He groaned, his head pounding..

And soon a mop was shoved into his hand, he leaned on it to steady himself, but still wasn’t sure what was going on exactly, he had no clue. He finally got his bearings and started to mop, but didn’t move from his spot just yet, he felt dizzy still, and a bit unbalanced and sure enough the world went cockeyed again and he slipped and fell. And grunted at the sudden fall. He tried to get up again, slowly, surely, using the mop again to stand up, he soon was standing steadily on two feet. But had to use the wall as a guide for now, as he mopped, right by the edges. As Aoi mopped he couldn’t help the fact as for the first ten minutes or so he couldn’t find his own proper footing, if anyone had noticed, no one said anything, least of all the professors, or who he thought were professors, his head hurt too much for him to know if he was seeing rightly.

Hayley Valentine

Hayley Valentine

Post #1

Hayley groaned, whether or not it was from the impact of a rather stale piece of bread or the appearance of the professors, she knew not. All she did know was that as Evey tugged on her sleeve, willing them to escape, the pesky professors had managed to contain the excitement of the food war, pinning down a few students who tried to escape with magic, while the rest of them didn’t need it, what with the fierce eyes of a certain school cat.

Hayley shivered, she was glad that she had not been the one to step on the none too pleasent cat. Mrs. Norris flicked her full tail, weaving in and out of the captured students legs like shackles to their freedom. They were the criminals, and this was their prison.

Hayley sighed, glad her mother had been such a slob back home, coming home late at night, slightly tipsy, but still coherent, spilling her full cup of coffee on the floor. Hayley missed those times, they had her feel important, her mother affectionate and wrapping her arms around her small body, placing her hands in her daughter’s.

“I trust you,” she would say.

But the thing being placed in her hands now was certainly not her mother’s clean hands. It was a mop.

Ick.

Word count: 217

Laelia Midnight

Laelia Midnight

Detention Post #1

WC: 234

Lia really was trying to escape. You had to believe her. She wasn't interested in being covered with food. Unfortunately somehow managed to find herself flinging food back and people who hit her with the food. The grin on her face couldn't be erased..until all the food started hovering above them. "What the..." Lia started before an apple that was above her head wacked her in the head. "OW!" Lia said before whirling to see who it was that had done that.

Oh wait...that wasn't good. Lia noticed the COMC and MS professors standing at the door. Shoot.

Before Lia could manage to escape with a few of her classmates, brooms, mops and all sorts of muggle equipment appeared before them. Lia's mouth fell open as Professor Tennyson told them what they'd be doing. This was so not fair!

Pocketing her wand, Lia picked up a broom and watched a few of the muggle borns or half blood demonstrate how this contraption worked before setting to work, trying to push the goobs of food into a pile that could be picked up and tossed away. This was totally going to take forever.

Smacking at an apple with her broom, Lia soon found herself laying on the foor thanks to her foot hitting some pudding. She stared up at the great hall's ceiling and groaned. How come fun had to come with work like this?

Jaedon Sylvertongue

Jaedon Sylvertongue

Detention Post #2

WC = 319

Jae couldn’t help it, he rolled his eyes when Astrid corrected him as to what the proper plural of Octopus was. She’d gotten the gist of his point, what did he need the mini-lecture for? “Mops? And just what exactly does a mop do to wash a floor? Do those little arm things suck up everything they pass over? That might not be too bad,” Jae said as he started over to pick one up, intent to figure out how it might work.

Turned out that wasn’t the best way to go about things though. “Use a broom to clean? Are you insane Astrid!?!” He blurted out. “Seb would kill me if he saw me using a broom to do anything other than fly on, and I’m not sure I could bring myself to do it either. Who on earth uses a broom to clean with anyway? It’s bloody ridiculous!”

Whew – Astrid took the lead with the broom – good thing because Jae really wasn’t at all sure he could do that or not to a broom, even if it didn’t fly. It was more tempting to try to rescue them all and see if somebody could enchant them to live their lives as they should be doing now – free to fly wherever the owner took them.

“Er – well I won’t say I’m thrilled with it,” Jae said as he grimaced at the slimy hair he now had courtesy of the Italian dressing, “But I guess I’ll live. And I suppose it’s too late to scream that I was set up or something like that he joked. “So – um – you swept that stuff into – er – what’d you say this was again?” Jae said as he lifted the dustpan up and stopped it in too quick a motion sending the stuff flying once more. At least he managed to catch most of it and none of it landed back on Astrid.

Hector Farquhar Torrent

Hector F. Torrent,

Gryffindor -- DETENTION POST #1.

WC: 249

Once the professor interaction began it was all over. Ish. One crazy lady joined in, but that was it; it had been Fairchild who cracked the whip. Hector knew she would, she's always so blond and. Rude. And stuff.

"Whatever." The Gryffindor was actually kind of glad for the fight to be over, no longer was he going to be dodging Chicken Wings or mashed potatoes or actual potatoes or apples or anything. He could just clean himself up and then he'd stay clean. He felt like cheering. "Scourgify." Instead he actually just cleaned himself up. "Oh wait what... Oh that... Wasn't... A wand." Hector scrambled to shove his wand back in his pocket. He wasn't really listening anyway, and the Professors couldn't count it against him because he had potatoes in his ears. Soo.

"Soo Miles..." He started beginning to wipe down the tables, "You're lookin' good today." Hector winked and smiled, gazing at the beautiful and talented Miles Weber, who was basically Edward Cullen and really hot.

"Iloveyou." He whispered picking up a piece of fruit and throwing it in the trash.

"UGH. ANYYYWAY." Steering clear of the awkward conversation with Miles Weber yet again, Hector wiped more and more. And more. Like wax-on-wax-off kind of wiping. Finally he had cleaned what he intended. A three inch diameter of table was showing that was spotless. "Yaay only five billion more hours to go of this... Oh wait I'm not happy about that." Sarcasm. He had it.

Hector frwnd. FRWN.

Professor Fairchild

THE FINAL LIST IS IN MY PREVIOUS POST (edited all nice like), CHECK TO SEE IF YOU ARE REQUIRED TO DO THE DETENTION.

--if you sent in a list to Professor Tennyson, 'posted' within my 12 hour time limit leaving the scene, or posted in those 12 hours (and stayed to rp anyways) your name has also been striken from completing the detention requirments. (If your name is striken and you really want to do it anyways, by all means go right ahead)

Everyone else, get to it.

Questions, problems and the like, PM ME, and I'll answer them in the morning.

Edit: If your name has been striken and you've already done part of the detention you're not required to finish it (no need to delete your posts though <3) just go about your business.

Edited by Professor Fairchild

Laelia Midnight

Laelia Midnight

Detention Post #2

WC: 204

With another sigh, Lia picked herself up frowning as she looked at herself. She was totally covered in the food that had been flung around the hall. Ah well at least she had had fun during the entire thing. Lia shook her head and picked her broom back up. Might as well work right?

She looked around the hall wondering how it was only these few that had gotten caught. There had been so many more people within the hall during the food fight. She sighed again. This was just her luck. Get a detention while she was trying to prove to her father that she didn't slack on anything and just cuz her grades were bad didn't mean a thing.

Pushing the broom along the floor Lia watched as the food started to pile up. The floor looked a little better at least. After a good mopping it was sure to shine as before. Not that stone could shine... Anyway, Lia grabed the dustpan and started sweeping the food into the thing and tossing it into a trash can. Merlin doing things the muggle way was torture. What was the point in learning magic if they weren't going to let them use it?

Oscar Sheffield

Professor Oscar Sheffield

Detention - are you kidding me?!

What a wonderful way to start off a new job; at this rate he was going to be unemployed by next term. Corinne’s voice had him pause from his sacred task of attempting to rub mushy peas in Professor Sherdan’s face and he rapidly detangled himself from the other man with the words, “Playtime’s over: I think we’re done for.” Not just one personal bubble had been invaded on this occasion – but why with a banana of all things?! It was rather worrying. A sheepish grin was aimed back at his colleagues as he extracted his wand, only to hear Corinne’s next words, which then had him stowing it away in his back pocket with an expression which communicated sheer disbelief and mild terror.

“No magic? Can’t I just...,” he trailed off, gesturing to the uncomfortable mass of still-melting ice cream dripping down his back. “It’s damn freezing, and sticky, and strawberry flavour.” Oscar wasn’t a fan of strawberries, and yet he had a small inkling that the consequences could well be dire if he dared to defy either woman. “Yes, ma’am,” he replied in a strained voice, “Right away.”

After all, he had Madam Garren threatening to spank him and that could put fear into even the toughest of men. As for Professor Fairchild – well, who knew what she was capable of? It wasn’t worth contemplating, though he was quite sure that if the threat of spanking had come from Fairchild he wouldn’t be nearly as concerned. Extracting the banana from the back of his trousers, before he forgot it was there and all number of mishaps happened, he offered it to the Muggle Studies Professor: “Ralph, will you be wanting this back?”

Nearly slipping in spilt pumpkin juice at his feet, he steadied himself on the table for balance and groaned as he saw the full extent of mess covering the walls, the students and every visible surface. They were going to be here until he retired. He rolled up his sleeves, his blue shirt stained with intermittent blotches of unnamed substances, and got to work. “C’mon gang, get a move on and let’s get this cleared up,” he said with mock-enthusiasm in an attempt to rouse the bunch of stroppy teenagers as he shook potato from his ruffled hair. “Oh, and for such imaginative use of the Banishing Charm,” he added with a furtive glance towards his colleagues, “Ten House Points each for Gryffindor, Ravenclaw and twenty for Slytherin.” Yes, he should be taking points off, but there had been a lot of shouts of ‘Ablegatio’ – especially from the Slytherin Table – and he was impressed. It didn’t take much. “Keep practising, just preferably not here.”

With a cheeky smile he snatched up a mop and bucket, dragging it behind him to the staff table and sloshing soapy water with every step. “This is so humiliating,” he muttered, splashing anyone who got near him, only his grumbles were not too loud as he edged a little way away from Godzilla Fairchild, lest she think he needed further punishment. Now he’d never get that photocopier machine.

Students rewarded for using the Banishing Charm – Astrid McManus from Ravenclaw, Hector Farquhar Torrent from Gryffindor, and Juliet Rosier and Evie Brazington from Slytherin who really went all out.

PM me if I’ve missed anyone out. Now get cleaning!

Emmeline Brisk

Emmeline Brisk

Detention Post #1

WC: 267

Not fair, not fair, not fair! Emmeline had hardly done anything at all and now she had to help clean up this mess! Before the Muggle Studies professor had blown the whistle on the mass pandemonium that had been taking place just a few moments ago, she could have sworn she caught a glimpse of some professors joining in as well.

She had simply been in the wrong place at the wrong time, that's all. Really, she had been trying to leave the Great Hall. A wave of nervousness swept over her as a new realization hit her: would the professors or the headmaster write home and tell her parents about this? She would be in trouble for sure! Here she was, getting her first detention at a school her father didn't really want her to attend in the first place. If he got the idea that she was going around causing trouble at her new school, he might want her taken out! And she was just beginning to really like the place too...

And her library book- Emmeline had been trying so hard to keep it from getting ruined, and here it was covered in globs of pudding and soaking with some sticky substance. She sighed, and looked for a place to set the book. Unfortunately, most of the tables and seats were quite disgusting. Grabbing a sponge, she found and wiped the food off, making a place to set the book.

Then Emmeline decided to start cleaning the table beside her. She was sure that tonight her arms were going to be good and tired.

Edited by Emmeline Brisk

Astrid McManus

((*squees* Thanks so much for the get out of detention free pass! I think I’ll stick around at least until Jae gets his done, though, because Astrid can’t miss a chance to add to her “Muggles are OK” argument. ^_^ And MAJOR LOVE to Professor Sheffield for the House Points! <33 ))

Astrid McManus

Detention Post #2

Word Count: 399

Just as Jaedon had (mostly) ignored her habitual insistence on proper grammar, Astrid smiled and (mostly) ignored his predictable grumbling over the Muggle stuff. It was something she took in stride by now, and had more patience with than most difficult tasks. Yep, just call her Ahab.

"Well, not exactly, although that would be awesome... you're thinking more of a vacuum cleaner," she replied about the mop, with a brief description of the electrical device (since she figured he'd only have a minimal understanding, she tried to compare it to using one's wand). Dodging slightly as he scattered the contents of his dustpan, she resisted the urge to giggle. "A dustpan, although I think today it's more like a schmootz-pan. And I understand how you feel about the brooms, but don't worry--these aren't Firebolts or anything, and cleaning up is really what they're meant for. Seb will get over it."

After letting a minute or so pass for him to digest this, she went on to tell him a little more about the different cleaning objects, trying to keep her phrasing casual so he didn't realize think she was lecturing him. Plus, even though she was talking about the task at hand, it still got her mind off it a bit--whether or not the detention was well-deserved didn't change the fact that she loathed cleaning more than just about anything.

"You know what, I was just thinking about something. Back when there were cavemen, they had to be both Muggles and wizards, right? And after they figured out just how to survive, eventually, they would have started cleaning up after themselves and stuff. So the wizards probably figured out how to use their magic to do it, which was probably tough all on its own. But what about the Muggles? You realize they had to invent all this stuff to help them do the work. Some people," and she said this part very delicately, not pointing fingers, "...seem to think that Muggles are inferior because they can't use magic. But since they couldn't use magic, they adapted and created things to improve their lives. And, you know, maybe even the wizards had to start out doing things the hard way, because I'm sure they didn't have a wandmaker called Ugg." She realized she was rambling a little, and glanced at him to see if he'd been following.

Professor Tennyson

[We know that there are those of you who don't have as much time as others. We understand that so reduced the post requirement. However, for those who do have the time and are having fun with the opportunity, feel free to do more than the required three posts. Enjoy the detention and have fun with it!]

Louis Weasley-Ashcroft

Louis Weasley

Detention Post #1

Word Count: 269

Louis watched as the Hufflepuff he had thrown the food to managed to get hit. This was so funny. Food fights had to have been one of the best parts of being at Hogwarts. Another thing was that so far he had yet to get into trouble for it except having to clean up the mess afterwards. Since he was underage, Louis was used to cleaning the muggle way. Little did he know that this time would be a lot different then the previous three times being involved in food fights.

The Gryffindor had been so busy throwing food to unsuspecting students that it was hardly realized when several Professors got involved. One of them happened to be Professor Fairlady. She among the others did not look to happy about this food fight. You couldn't blame them considering they weren't involved. Maybe if they were the Professors could have fun with the students to. Before Louis could even think about throwing food at Professor Fairlady, an announcement was made about cleaning up the whole mess.

There appeared to be no way out of this mess. All Louis could do was look around to see if there was anyone around that he knew to work with. Working on cleaning up the whole mess with friends was better then doing it alone. Somehow Mallory managed to escape. Darn that girl. It would have been so romantic eating pudding from her hair and mopping up the food mess with her.

Taking bucket full of water, Louis went to find a mop to clean up the mess. This was going to be a long night.

Jaedon Sylvertongue

Jaedon Sylvertongue

Detention Post #3

WC=370

“A vakyoum cleaner? What’s a vakyoum? And why does it need to be cleaned?” Jae asked with a really puzzled look on his face. Wait – muggles had their own stupid ways of doing things – they didn’t actually make up their own names for things too, did they? ‘Cause that would be just stupider. “So if you’re saying we could use a vakyoum cleaner then what here is one of those? A vakyoum that is. Is it the floor or the tables maybe?” Jae’s head was going to start spinning pretty soon. And how come they hadn’t mentioned this in Muggle Studies last year? Sure seemed like a key thing to know.

Dustpan. Well, Jae knew what dust was – so why weren’t they putting dust into it? “Er – so does it turn the stuff we put into it into dust? Why’s it turn things into dust and what do you do with the dust anyway?” Jae gasped. Wait – that was what they did. They turned it into dust bunnies and tried to attack wizards with it! “I can’t be a part of creating dust to attack wizards with!” OK, so maybe Jae needed to eat a bit more so he wasn’t doing all this on a mostly empty stomach – it seemed to be making him borderline paranoid/delusional.

Jae listened to her explanation of cavemen and wizards and muggles and scowled. Yea yea, they invented stuff ‘cause they didn’t have magic. Yay for them. He was still stuck on her initial premise though. “Who says they had to be both in the first place? I bet there was originally only wizards and it wasn’t until the squibs got kicked out for whatever reason – or maybe they all left on their own, who knows – that muggles got started. And yea, I know squibs can sense stuff like wizards can. But after years and years I bet they lost those traits too ya know.” Whether something like that could even be determined he was unsure, but hey – it sounded good and logical – sorta.

“So anyway – what are we supposed to do with all those buckets of water. And what’re those rectangles floating in them? Shouldn’t we be using clean water to do all this?”

Calla Sorensen

Calla Sorensen

Detention post #1 (even though technically I don't have to)

WC: 284

Calla was relieved when it turned out that all they had to do was clean up the mess. They weren‘t going to be singled out and given detentions separately or, even worse, singled out by taking points off in their names. Because that wouldn‘t have gone down too well with the other puffs. They were intent on taking the house cup back this year, after all. And it was with a great amount of glee that Calla realized that the professors who had participated in the fight were helping to clean up as well. The muggle way. She could hardly contain her laughter. It was worth staying for the punishment just for that.

Sadly enough, she wouldn’t get away with slacking if she wanted to get out of here this side of her graduation. She’d grown up as a muggle, pretty much, so she was more than aware of their methods of cleaning. Her mum did it all the time, after all. Only that Calla rarely had to help and this was a bigger mess than she’d ever seen at home. Deciding that the best thing would be to sweep up the really big items first so that someone could mop up after her, she grabbed a broom and a dustpan.

Oh, and the first thing she did, of course, was take off her jello helmet and dump the bowl into the trash can. Because it wasn't much of a fashion statement, if you know what I mean. And while she was at it, she tried to get as much of the goo off her hair, clothes and face as was possible with her bare hands. She was in dire need of a shower.

Astrid McManus

Astrid McManus

Detention Post #3

Word Count: 296

Geez. This was going to be even harder than she’d thought. “Hmm. I guess we’ll work on ‘vakyoum cleaners’ another day. There’s not one here, anyway, it would make this a lot easier. It just kinda sucks up the mess, either straight from the floor, or with a hose.” She grimaced, wishing she had one of those as she swept a pile of broken pretzels off the edge of a table and into the trusty dustpan. Again, he was onto something with the theory that it could turn stuff to dust—still messy, but at least it made a smaller package than food when dumped in a bag or bucket.

But then he went off on a totally different tangent. “What? Dust to attack wizards? I have no idea what you’re talking about, I’ve never heard anything like that!” She looked at him in some consternation—maybe that Italian dressing was affecting his brain or something. Then he said something that amounted to Muggles being the product of bad breeding when only wizards had been around to begin with. She frowned at that, but pondered it instead of instantly lashing out. It was a lot to consider just now.

She couldn’t figure out at first what he was talking about, then she laughed when she realized he was mistaking the sponges for more crud. Their unofficial area had been cleaned of the larger debris, and it seemed about time to start with the scrubbing. Pulling one out of the bucket, she squeezed most of the water out then started wiping down the tabletop. “Sponges,” she explained. “Want to work with me on this, or try and tackle one of the mops?” She grinned and nodded at a couple of students providing a demonstration as they worked.

Hayley Valentine

Hayley Valentine

Post #2

It was absolutely no use, the stain would just not come out. Leaning over a murdered table cloth, Hayley’s swollen hands scrubbed furious back and forth, willing the red spot of cranberry sauce to disappear. It did not though, even after the soap bubbles of her hard work had cleared. The stain stood bright and plump, mocking her from its nice little place on the white cloth.

She. Was. Going. To. Kill. Someone.

“BLOODY—” She ducked her head, missing the fierce eyes of some charm teacher or another. Okay, so maybe the little splotch wasn’t worth all the theatrics, but it was ridiculous!

“I bet there’s even some sort of spell to get rid of stains. There has to be,” she mumbled. Hayley mentally reminded herself to check the library after, once her hands had gone back to normal size. They currently looked like oversized prunes, shrivelled and wrinkly from her labour.

“Evey,” she whined, pouting up her upper lip. “I want a bath.” So normally couldn’t understand the motives of vain people, but honestly, after this ordeal, she’d be happy to spend her days primping and fussing over her hair, musing about her reflection and staying away from food fights. It was better than being on the floor: knees bruised with hands the mass of an elephant.

Word Count: 219

Hector Farquhar Torrent

Hector F. Torrent,

Gryffindor -- DETENTION POST #2.

WC: 219

Hector's eyes shifted from side to side as everyone's moans of, "I'm dirty," and, "Bath now plz." Rang out throughout the hall. He felt a built guilty but also genius for scourgifying himself sneakily before anyone could do anything. The boy grinned mischievously as he scooped up a large pile of what seemed to be pudding and potatoes. He wondered for a split second why potatoes were everywhere in the damned hall, and why the house elves made so many potato-based food products.

Shrugging, he dumped it into the trash which made a loud plopping noise. Hector did this about five more times before getting bored. He decided to wipe off a bench and take a break, whilst watching everyone work and stuff. Especially Miles Weber.

"Yeah you work that food cleaning Miles Weber." He hollered, raising his hands in the air for the all great and powerful Miles Weber. But then the happiness faded for him. He realized something terrible that would haunt his dreams and then begin to eat him from the inside out just like a nasty long tapeworm.

"Oh shoot I have to work actually because I'm in detention. Hm." The Gryffindor eyed the mess that wasn't even close to becoming clean yet.

"Damn..." He kicked a potato. It rolled into more mashed potatoes.

Rhynn Kadel

Rhynn Kadel

Detention Post # 001

Words: 356

Rhynn knew that something was changing as she looked around and noticed professors getting into it. This.Was.Awesome. Her entire body was covered in food and liquids, her clothes were a complete mess. She looked like a barf colored human painting waddling around and ducking under the tables only to pop out moments later to chuck another item across the hall. Her fun didn't last very long though, because it seemed as though as quick as it had started, it had come to an end. Other professors took charge and called the food fight to a stop... and everyone was put into detention until it was all cleaned up.

Rhynn stopped mid throw, her arm dropped as had her jaw and she looked wide-eyed. No wands? No magic... just by hand? "That's unfair!" She protested, but it was weak because various other people were complaining just as she was. Huffing, Rhynn swallowed and brought her hands up to her face and went to run her fingers through her hair... until she realized that her hair was matted with just about every food that had been thrown around the Great Hall. "OH, GROOOSSSSSS!" The blond squealed as she pulled her fingers back and flicked everything off onto the ground. She may have been a girl who didn't mind getting dirty, but when her hair felt like mush, that made her want to throw up.

Sulking, she moved along, looking at everything that had been flung and stuck to the walls, the floor was wet and slippery. She looked around and noticed how many other people were held back, and thought that at least with that many more people, it would go faster. Huffing, Rhynn knelt on the bench at the Gryffindor table and began picking up things with the very tips of her fingers, mostly things that still looked like they were in somewhat of their original form, like napkins and wrappers and dropped them quickly into the garbage bins. She wanted to make what she was doing last for as long as possible, there was no way she wanted to clean up the gunky looking stuff. Eww.

Aoi Bianchi

Aoi Bianchi

Detention Post 2

Word Count: 270

Aoi had finally gotten over his after effects of slamming into the floor enough to start cleaning… But he was still a bit shaken and with a terrible head ache…. He was just inching his way away from the wall with his mop and went about unnoticeably his wand dropped out of his pocket, which had a hole on it from having caught on something earlier during the chaos. He didn’t notice it missing much at all as he continued about his business, groaning as his head still pounded something fierce, he couldn’t understand how he had gone from having slid on the floor of gunk and such to having detention… He didn’t even hit anyone with food, he’d only wanted to grab a bite to eat. And weren’t professors supposed to be the ones to be able to discern who did what? He daren’t argue the point though, since Aoi did not need any further trouble.

He eventually got tired with mopping and wondered if he could do things another way, he hmmned, and went to hunt out a couple of rags or brushes to use, he then he removed both his shoes and took the shoe laces from hem, after hiking up his pants, as he had seen Bruce do on many an occasion for something like this, he tied the brushes firmly to his feet using his shoelaces as makeshift brush shoes. He then made sure he was secure and he took a shakey, sliding step forward, then another, in the process, scrubbing the floor as he slid around. He still did not notice his missing wand.

Jaedon Sylvertongue

Jaedon Sylvertongue

Detention Post #4

WC=329

Well that wasn’t at all any help. How was he supposed to know what a vakyoum cleaner cleaned if she wouldn’t even tell him what a vakyoum was? At least not definitively. Apparently vakyoum was maybe just another word for mess? And it had a hoze, whatever one of those might be.

For a split second Jae wondered if Astrid were covering for her dad or something, but she seemed genuinely confused by his leaping conclusion. And from the look she was giving it was an idea that she’d never heard of, considered or participated in so maybe he was just too loopy from being hungry.

“What’s so funny?” he asked indignantly as she started to laugh at his last question. How was he supposed to know what a sponge was – it wasn’t like he’d ever seen one before! As she pulled it out it looked like a solid block, but then she squeezed it and water just started gushing out back into the bucket. “Whoa – where’d all that water come from?” Jae asked incredulously. He picked another one up and was surprised at how heavy it was.

So it was the sponge or the mop? Jae wasn’t sure which he’d prefer, but the mop seemed more unwieldy. Plus it looked like a broom that had been badly tortured or something and while Astrid had reassured him that it wasn’t a problem to use a broom for sweeping, Jae was staying away from anything remotely like that – just in case. “So what do I do?” Jae asked dumbly as he looked around to see if anybody else had a sponge out. Ah – somebody had just taken one and tossed it down on the table. That worked. *SPLAT*

Mess and water sprayed out from beneath where the heavy water laden sponge had landed. “How is it that it’s fun to get messy with a food fight and not so much fun to get messier when cleaning it up?” he grumbled.

Professor Tennyson

Satisfied that the door was still securely locked, Eric stepped away and cautiously wandered about the room in order to better supervise the clean up effort. It was good he was being cautious because in his wanderings he soon lost track of the number of times he almost slipped and fell, including the time that Miss Midnight nearly took him out when she went down in a mess of pudding.

Eric started to offer a helping hand, but she'd bounced back to her feet right quickly. "That's the spirit Miss Midnight. And excellent work so far."

As he continued on he wondered if he'd hear the eye roll that he was bound to get from somebody if he kept praising them like that. An odd reaction though since he was equally sure they'd be just as offended if he was rude to them as well.

Thankfully Professor Sheffield at least realized that they'd gone to far and drug up a mop and bucket to start work on the area surrounding the Head Table. Oh, and such form. This needed to be pointed out. Eric's wand was quickly back at his throat for another Sonorus casting. "Attention everybody, if you could direct your attention up to the Head Table, Professor Sheffield is demonstrating, and quite excellently I might add, the proper method for use of a mop. Some of you would do well to pay attention to him. Thank you and carry on."

A playful twinkle crossed Eric's eyes. He might pay for that later from Oscar, but it had been worth it. And speaking of mops, there was another student just discussing it. Or rather trying to educate her Slytherin cohort on just what one was and how it worked. The conversation quickly devolved to vacuums and dustpans which seemed to be an odd tangent for having started with a mop. "Spot on with the discussion of muggle innovation Miss McManus, I look forward to seeing how your efforts go in class this term."

Eric continued his meandering path next coming across somebody doing their darnedest to scrub out a bright red stain with a sponge. He winced - oooh...that wasn't going to work, that's for sure. There was part of him that was tempted to just let her continue - it was a detention after all. But he just couldn't quite bring himself to do it.

"Just leave that Miss..." Darn, the problem with having only third through seventh year students. Eric didn't know the first year students (if she was one indeed, she looked young enough to be one though) well enough to know their names. "a stain like that won't be coming out tonight. That's one thing we'll have to leave for the elves later tonight. Carry on."

And on he went.

Laelia Midnight

Laelia Midnight

Detention Post #3

WC: 200

Lia glanced at Professor Tennyson as he almost offered to help her up before she'd gotten up herself. She couldn't help the frown that appeared as he decided to praise her for her getting back up to work. "Yeah, no problem," Lia said a little disgruntled. This was not her idea of something to get praised for.

Then the professor decided to direct their attention to the head table where Professor Sheffield was using a mop to help clean up up there. Had he gotten caught up in this mess too? Lia found it odd that they had professors actually cleaning the muggle way. Almost as if they to were serving a detention!

Gasp!

Was the world coming to an end? Lia hoped not. She rolled her eyes after a moment and went back to tackling her little area she'd started on. This was so not fair! When this had all started she as just defending herself. Well...until she got caught up in the fun. Still it wasn't fair. The fifteen year old should be in her dorm cleaning up not still in here covered in pudding and Merlin knows what else, attempting to use a broom to clean with.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.