Sign in to follow this  
Maura Devin

Gryffindor, first year.

Maura Devin

Maura jumped of the chair and found a seat at the Gryffindor table. The other students had cheered when the hat shouted out 'Gryffindor', which made Maura feel welcome. She had been afraid, because for a second she thought the old hat would sort her into Slytherin. Not that she minded Slytherin at all, but she had become friends with people who said that they would prank Slytherins, a nice way to say they hated the house. So Gryffindor was the safer house, she wouldn't have to watch her back so much.

As she sat at the table, and watched her classmates get sorted, she noticed how little she knew. She had thought that she knew atleast half of other first years, but now it seemed she was wrong. She found it weird, watching the people she had got to know sitting up there, and watch their faces as the hat spoke.

The sorting was ending, and the headmaster rose from his seat.

"Good evening, students. Welcome to... or welcome back to Hogwarts. We're..." He started. Maura wasn't listening, she was looking around the room trying to find her friends. Some of them were in Ravenclaw, some in Hufflepuff, a few in Slytherin, but many of them had been, like her, sorted into Gryffindor. She smiled, and the Headmaster intoduced another man, who like the headmaster started with 'welcomes'. Maura should be listening, but she was hungry and starting to get tired.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, the man stopped, and food appeared on the table in front of her. She quickly scanned the delicious plates.

"Can you pass me the potatoes?" She asked a person sitting not far away from her.

Amy Bennett

Amy looked up at the voice. "Can you pass me the potatoes?" Glancing at the dishes in front of her, she was amazed to find that they were piled with steaming hot food. But just a moment ago, they were empty... she thought. Shrugging mostly to herself, she picked up the bowl of potatoes and handed them to the girl that had asked for them. She smiled. "Here you are. My name's Amy, by the way."

Maura Devin

Maura took the potatoes from the girl and smiled.

"I'm Maura" she said as she started piling food on her plate. She hadn't got a real meal all day, and she wanted to taste everything, eventhough she knew that would be impossible.

"You should try the chicken, it's REALLY good." She told Amy. Byt, did Maura like Hogwarts so far.

Amy Bennett

Amy giggled. "Ok, I'll try it." She reached over and placed some on her plate, trying to seem dignified and... well, not like a pig. But the scent of all the amazingly prepared food won out over her sense of dignity and she practically dove into her meal. After all, she reasoned, I haven't eaten anything but a chocolate frog since breakfast.

Finally coming up for air, Amy smiled at Maura. "So, how do you like Hogwarts so far?"

Maura Devin

"ei lofr.."She started with food in her mouth, she noticed that Amy couldn't understand it and swallowed. "sorry. I mean, I love it. Who would have guessed it to be this beautiful. What about you?" Maura said. She didn't look weird, did she? This food was delicious.

Amy Bennett

Amy grinned. "It's amazing. A little overwhelming though. I've never been to a magical castle before..." She paused. "Actually, I've never been to a castle period. And I'm new to magic." She giggled. "But if the classes are anywhere near as good as the food, I'm going to love it here!"

Maura Devin

Maura nodded. "Agree!" She said, eventhough she doubted that was possible. "I can't wait til classes start, it's gonna be fun learning magic"

Maura kept finding food she needed to taste, and wondered how long she would be able to stay at Hogwarts before ended up fat and unable to walk.

"And I can't wait to the flying lessons."

Amy Bennett

Amy almost choked on her chicken. "F-flying lessons?!" She took a drink from her pumpkin juice (interesting flavor, that one. She could learn to get used to it) to clear her throat. "We get to learn how to fly? As in, on a broom?!" Amy wasn't exactly sure if she was more excited or scared. She had always wanted to know what it was like to fly... but she was also a little bit scared of heights.

Maura Devin

Maura nodded, not noticing the frighten look on Amy's face. "Isn't it wonderful. My father already taught me some flying, but that was ages ago, and since I live in an all muggle neighbourhood I can't go flying everyday" She said, and grabbed some...well she wasn't sure what it was, but it looked delicious. After swallowing she finally noticed the pale colour on Amy. "I take it you didn't know about the flying lessons. Don't worry, I only found out today."

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.