Sign in to follow this  
Leilani Stevens

New, new, new...

Leilani Stevens

((OOC: Just trying to find those people who are new to the world of RPG like me! Rock!))

The hat yelled, "Gryffindor" and Leilani followed the sounds of the loudest clapping to the Gryffindor. While the hat coninued sorting Leilani stared at the gleaming, empty, plates in front of her. "I wonder how much longer we'll have to wait?" she asked aloud to no one in particular, they were all to busy watching the rest of the first years to pay her any mind.

At last the last student was called and Leilani stared at her plates more intensly expecting them to fill up but instead a figure from the staff table rose."Good evening, students. Welcome to... or welcome back to Hogwarts. We're delighted to have you all back. Nearly as delighted as I'm sure you are to resume your studies. He stopped and smiled at them all, but Leilani felt that there was a little sarcasm in his voice. You'll find the school in much better shape this year. I'm sure many of you noticed the article in the Daily Prophet that some of the proceeds from the Quidditch World Cup were donated to rebuild our quidditch pitch. Needless to say, the Quidditch program resumes this yeear."

At this last comment a wave of cheers went on throught the great hall. Leilani thought back to what Tinny Valentine had told her back in Diagon Alley. It seemed she was right, Quidditch was a right popular sport. Leilani clapped along with the rest of them, caught up in the excitement of it all. Waiting for the commotion to subside he continued.

"And we have another thing to celebrate this year! Nearly 10 years ago, Hogwarts was rebuilt from the ruins it was left in by the final battle with Lor... You Know Who." Many frantic erupted silently and Leilani felt a sense of dread. This lord, if that's what he had been about to say, what's his name did not sound good. The mere fact that the headmaster could not even bring himself to say his name was a clear indication that he was a bad person.

Feeling extremely out of the loop and wanting, as always, to learn anything she could about everything she turned towards some of the students sitting around her, and whispered loudly, "What is he talking about? Can anyone fill me in on what's his name?" hoping someone would answer her.

Iviera Vangelisti

Iviera looked at ehr in shock. How could this girl not know!? she leaned over and whispered quietly so nobody would hear,

"You know! Lord Voldermort!"

Leilani Stevens

The blank expression on Leilani's face must have registered becuase the girl just stared at her as if she was from another planet. Leilani wanted to laugh, it was really amusing how much the muggle world and wizarding world were different, even though, she supposed, they probably interacted more than anyone really knew.

"I am totally from a non magic family and an absolute novice to this world, but it totally sounds like something I should know so can you like, fill me in." As another person from the staff table rose from his seat and started adressing the student body, Leilani leaned in closer to the girl next to her, hoping that the story she was about to hear was as juicy as she hoped it would be.

Iviera Vangelisti

"well, Lord Voldermort was the most evil wizard to have ever lived! I mean, most people still can't say his name. He murdered hundreds of people, him and his followers; deatheaters, they killed muggles mostly. He was in SLytherin, acutally, he was Slytherin's last heir. He was the one that ordered Dumbeldore killed. Anyway, Harry Potter, he was in Gryffindor too, his parents were killed and Voldermort tried to kill Harry, who was onyl a baby then, and couldn't. Harry only just killed Voldermort a couple years ago!"

Iviera Vangelisti

Iviera laughed, "sorry, that was confusing. Here, Voldermort, evil wizard, killed tons of people with is deatheaters, hated muggles, so killoed them just because and Haryr POtter, who was a Gryffindor, and the only one to survive the killing curse, even when Voldermort tired to kill him as a baby, killed Voldermort a couple of years ago. That make sense?"

Leilani Stevens

"Let's just pretend that it did," she called to Iveria. "You mean to tell me that this Charles Manson wannabe actually came to this school? They let him in? How come no one knew?"

Her head was spinning from all that she was learning. As far as she could tell Hogwarts was full with just as much mystery as a Stephen King novel. It was by far the most interesting piece of information she had heard all week!

Iviera Vangelisti

"Well, you can't just refuse to admit someone because they may be evil! Besides, they didn't know at the time. Dumbeldore went and got Voldermort himself. it's rumored that Voldermort could control his powers even before he knew about our world. Nobody could have prevented it, besides, it was in his blood. YOu may have noticed but SLytherin and Gryffindor are rivals."

Leilani Stevens

YOu may have noticed but SLytherin and Gryffindor are rivals."

"Oh yeah I noticed it, it's impossible not to. Now that I think about it, it must have been a Slytherin that called me a mud-something or another back at Diagon Alley. I didn't know what it meant but her tone of voice was oozing pretetious."

She glanced across the table to the other students eating, "This Voldermort character sounds like Lucifer himself, at least he's gone now. He is gone isn't he?" she ased her voice revealing the terror that had begun to rise.

Iviera Vangelisti

"Someone called you a mudblood? I'm sorry! Anyway, yes he is dead."

Leilani Stevens

"Well I still don't know what it means, but it sounded pretty bad!" Leilani pushed her plate away, she had had enough, plus the topic of conversation was getting much more interesting. She turned around and glanced at the Slytherin table, they seemed like an okay bunch, she even remembered a few of their faces from Diagon Alley. Deep down inside she could not help but wonder if one of them would turn bad.

"Well it's good to know that he's gone! I don't think I'd be able to sleep at night knowing there was somebody out there like that. It must have been for those who lived through it!"

An image of the Armenian Genocide flashed through her head, even 'muggles' were capable of such destruction.

Iviera Vangelisti

"A mudblood is a really fould name for muggles, you hear it from SLytherins mostly...and my mum." she added with a grimace.

Ariat Raines

"A mudblood is a really fould name for muggles, you hear it from SLytherins mostly...and my mum." she added with a grimace.

Ariat accidentally overheard a conversation between Iviera and a girl Ariat had never met before. I wonder what brought on the Mudblood talk? Iviera kinda looks upset I better cut in before things get out of hand. "Sorry, don't mean to interrupt but I just wanted to introduce myself. My name's Ariat."

Ariat glanced over at Iviera and something suddenly occured to her. "Iviera I was wondering if you and Brynne ever got the compartment clear of the exploding chocolate?" Ariat couldn't help but smile at the memory of the chocolate covered walls and the massive trunk full of wipes.

Iviera Vangelisti

"Ummm...well" Iviera laughed, "we did. But we ended up using Magical Mess Remover in the end. Some boy from SLytherin came in and threw up in the compartment! Absolutely disgusting! and then he didn't even help clean it up! THE NERVE! ugh, oh yeah, and then Brynne got the cleaner in ehr hair and it turned pink."

Leilani Stevens

"Okay that topic is much to gross to even respond too. I guess I'm going to have to keep clear from those people, or at least keep my guard up, i'm not the type to back down from anything. Sorry if I sound a little abresive I just get really worked up sometimes!"

Iviera Vangelisti

Iviera laughed. 'You're right."

Leilani Stevens

"Moving on," she tried changing the subject. "So I got the whole Voldermort thing down and I am well aware of the Slytherin drama, do you think there is anything else of importance that we made need to know? I wish there was an older student we could talk to, to get some information from?"

As she said it Leilani glanced down the table hopefully. Maybe she could ask someone.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.