Sign in to follow this  
Professor Prewett

A little Head to Head...

Professor Prewett

[[OOC: This is continued from two posts made in the House Points thread. I'm sure you can figure out which two those are. *wink*]] [[*decided to give a little background anyway*]]

Professor Prewett had been the Head of Hufflepuff for quite some time. Unfortunately, in all the years since the school's rebuilding, her wonderful house had not won the house cup once. It was a crime and a shame. Everyone knew that Hufflepuff held the best students EVER within its ickle walls. Her Hufflepuffians were awesome, good students, funloving.. and every other positive thing anyone could possibly be.

The certainly deserved to win the House Cup at least once for their continuing hard work and dedication. And Prewett was just the professor help them. Especially after she noticed how extremely close they were this year!! After recovering from almost choking on her meal from the surprise, she looked around and...

<insert RP from the house points thread here> <insert McAmis RP from House Points Thread>

Prewett was happily scooting her way out of the Great Hall when she heard a voice behind her. It was extremely familiar. And it was taking points from HUFFLEPUFF... for no reason!!! She screeched to a halt in her progress out of the Great Hall and turned around to the Ravenclaw Head of house that was leaving the Great Hall right after her.

Trying to control the glower she was already aiming at McAmis she smiled sweetly, "Why Gwendolyn, whatever did you take points for? I saw no Hufflepuffs misbehaving..." Prewett trailed off, inviting the Ravenclaw professor to justify her uncalled for pointstealing. Grrr. Hufflepuff would have justice yet!!

Professor McAmis

Gwen froze as she saw Samantha turn around. Why couldn't silent charms work when adding and taking points? That look on the Hufflepuff's face showed nothing other than that Gwen was heard in her action of justice. Bugger.

And then the sweet and innocent routine was turned on. Hah! Like that would work on her. She had been teaching for far too long to buy that look and tone of voice. Even from one of her fellow Heads of house. Maybe Gwen was getting skeptical as she got older. Maybe Derek was beginning to rub off on her in his suspcious nature. maybe it was the fact that Gwen was pretty clear in exactly why she was taking points.

"Why Samantha... I'm sure you can't see any Hufflepuffians around misbehaving..." Gwen started, reflecting the same tone and smile and raised an eyebrow, indicating the surrounding area. "I see no mirrors around here either to reflect the nature of my point taking."

"We wouldn't want to take.... or give..." Gwen continued with a pointed look. "... points to any house for no reason. That would be just wrong."

Professor Prewett

Now, Prewett was no spring chicken. Gwennie obviously was playing a little out of her league. The young Head of House was very intelligent. After all, the woman was a Ravenclaw... however, Prewett had a few years on her fellow professor.

"Why, Professor McAmis, whatever do you mean? Mirrors? Do you need to check your face? I assure you, your complexion is quite fine, today." Samantha beamed in the nature only a true Hufflepuff can.

Gwendolyn couldn't possibly be meaning that she took points off of Hufflepuff because Samantha had done something.. who took points from a house for a professor's actions?! That was absurd. :P

"I'm afraid I just dont see any point for Hufflepuff to loose points--" She glanced past McAmis' shoulder towards the Hufflepuff table. "Ugh. Excuse me for one moment, please. Hufflepuff business." Prewett scooted back into the Great Hall and brushed past McAmis.

She made her way quickly to the conveniently nearby Hufflepuff table and leaned over Jazz Turpin's shoulder and whispered something in her ear. The small jewels that had disappeared from Hufflepuff's hourglass when McAmis had spoken redeposited themselves in their proper place.

Prewett came back smiling. "My apologies, Gwen. You were saying?"

Professor McAmis

As Samantha spoke, Gwen shook her head slightly. Gwen knew there was no reason for the Head of Hufflepuff to not understand exactly what Gwen was insinuating. "Of course it is, Samantha... though that's not what the mirros were for. However, we can play if you wish. I have it on good authority that a Hufflepuff is responsible for a missing item from my office... the walls have ears, you know."

'I'm sure there's something that I can take points from one of the students for...' Gwen thought to herself with a glance around as she heard the clink clink behind her. Gwen didn't even have to turn around in order to see what happened. She knew that clink clink from it's placement in the hourglass lineup. Not to mention the actions right now.

Ordinarily she was willing to let many things slide. But not when it became personal. Hey, Samantha was the one messing with the house points threads in her house's favour. There's house spirit and then there's house tamperin. A raised eyebrow at Samantha as she returned, Gwen simply glanced in the Great Hall right as someone looked up at her. Perfect. It was a bit low, but Samantha did want a specific reason.

Leaning back, Gwen simply shrugged her shoulders. "It's not that important any more, Samantha. Though, you may wish to have a word with Mr. Donaldson later. Ten points from Hufflepuff for giving an authority figure an improper look."

'Merlin... I just took points for a student looking at me wrong...' Gwen thought with a shake of her head.

Permission to godmod Danny Donaldson granted. :)

Professor Prewett

Aw, now that was just low. Poor Mr. Donaldson was in trouble all the time as it was. Picking on him was just not nice. Prewett couldn't help a disappointed frown from plastering itself across her face.

There were certain professors who always favored their own students. Prewfish wasn't normally one of them, being the normally fair-minded Hufflepuff she was. However, she was just stubborn enough to need to beat the Ravenclaw professor in this one instance.

Besides, the charms instructor had out-charmed her in their last duel. She had to have *something*... as it obviously wasn't going be the house cup. Professor Prewett pulled herself up to her full 5'8'' and looked down her nose and through her spectacles (not that it was much since McAmis is apparently only one inch shorter) at McAmis before raising one graying red eyebrow. "As it so happens, I've had several chats with Mr. Donaldson this year." She said, perfectly truthful. The boy was an absolute scoundrel. Not that it was really something to brag about... but Samantha had never really been that great at fighting with any means, be it words, spells, or otherwise.

She paused only momentarily before continuing without taking her eyes from McAmis', "Ten points to Hufflepuff for Mr. Donaldson knowing when not to speak." Quickly she flicked a glance over to him and then back to McAmis. Hopefully he'd keep quiet....

Professor McAmis

To say that Gwen was surprised by the admittance to having several chats with that particular Hufflepuff boy would have been a lie. Gwen knew enough about him to know that there was no doubt in her mind that Samantha had had to have several chats with him. It was why she chose him after all. That and he happened to look up at the right... er... wrong time.

She could at least keep that to herself. No need to mention she had chosen the perfect candidate, right? That's also what made Prewett's addition of points for him not saying anything so perfect as well. Drat. Gwen's eyes found themselves wandering over towards the house tables once more as she spoke.

"He does deserve points for that... on occasion." Gwen admitted as a grin spread across her face. why take them back from Hufflepuff when she could give them legitimately to her own house and fix it that way? "Ten points to Ravenclaw for Mr. Clarke helping one of the first year's stow their wand properly at the table."

Again... godmod permission now including Oliver Clarke...

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.