Sign in to follow this  
Gullveig

Ravenclaw House Table

Josephine Tindall

There was nothing @Rían O' Donnell could do that would disgust Jo enough to react. She lived with three older brothers after all, and Lachlan was known for his disgusting and uncouth behavior. In fact, he went out of his way to be gross. 

She'd forgotten all about the mentoring program and Rían mentioning it was just a reminder that she'd yet to do anything substantial with hers. Well watching Mira almost die at Quidditch Try-outs counted as something, right? 

"Wouldn't breaking his heart be character building for him though? Like welcome to the real world kid, ain't no place for flower crowns. Here have a knife and a healthy dose of cynicism."

She looked at the flower crown once more, furrowing her brow. A lovely princess? "Um, I'm going to go with a hard no."

Dante Agretera

Excuse me.” Dante said sitting down next to Rían, his own flower crown on his head as well. “I think the world is a perfect place for a flower crown.” he said as he started moving food to a plate that just showed up.

Maybe you want one. That's fine you can have mine if it helps?” his eyes lit up as his hands also mimicked the words he was saying. “Πολλοί θεοί φοράνε κορώνα λουλουδιών. I can't make the ones that are more...” he made motions out of his hand coming from the head that he approximated to be like a sunburst. “you know, sun-ish.”

---

translation: a lot of gods wear crowns of flowers.

Rían O' Donnell

The chips were beginning to satiate him, filling a hole in a much needed way. Leaning back he actually cracked a grin at Jo, getting entertainment from the whole situation.  "Some Kids it works for. You and me yes. Balls of Sunshine? Not so much?" 

His own mentoring with @Eloise Beauchamp hadn't been far from handing him a knife and healthy cynicism.

And then Dante actually sat down beside him. "Oh. I think Jo would look fantastic in a flower crown" Grinning at her now, he nodded, enjoying it all a little bit more "Maybe you can make hers to match mine" 

Josephine Tindall

And then this kid thing arrived who was like sunshine personified and Jo wrinkled her nose in confusion as he spoke.

"Um." 

Green eyes scanned the great hall for an escape but Jo couldn't find one. Where the heck were her friends when she actually wanted them around? 

If she didn't look at him directly maybe he'd go away? What did he mean by sun-ish? 

Then Rian spoke and Jo looked at him, a mix of incredulity and disgust painted on her freckled face. He was grinning and frankly it was unsettling. "Please stop. I'll vomit my chips on you."

Winston Hughes

Winston, one of Jo's friends, was sitting at the Slytherin table. He was facing her but a few meters down the table, smiling at her discomfort and misery. 

Its what good friends did. 

Dante Agretera

Dante's eyes held no guile; and he didn't see how what was happening here was teasing. “Yeah, here like I said you can have mine.” he pulled the flower crown off his own head, making his hair stand up in weird angles and handing it to her.

They're ερείκη and I think they would look good in your hair.” The eleven year old. “Maybe ...” he paused as he looked at her before thinking 'aloud' to himself in sign, 'daisies? No no no laurel is too obvious, yeah, primrose?'

Maybe little roses?” he asked, “For when I make you your own? No, ασφόδελος would work for you.”

---

ερείκη - (Erika) or Heather

ασφόδελος – (Asphodel) or daffodil

Edited by Dante Agretera

Rían O' Donnell

All Rían could do was smirk. He was actually enjoying the banter. "I've had enough chips thank you" 

Instead he nudged Dante "Look Jo would make a lovely Princess with her flower crown. Prettier than me even, but, she doesn't want one. Leave her be" He gave Dante a small nod of encouragement then, before reaching for his drink.

Josephine Tindall

"Or a crown of thorns? That'd suit me more." Jo interrupted but the sunshine kid kept talking and before Jo knew it he was presenting her with his crown. Rian's comment caused Jo to glare, sneering at the boy. "It's like you want me to punch you."

Oh man was she the one that was going to break this kids heart? That was Rian's job. She was reminded of her best friend Dani back home, so pure in her intentions and so positive about life. The kind of girl that would love a flower crown. 

Defeated, Jo sighed and took the crown. Awkwardly placing it on her head, grimacing all the while. "Fine. But you need to accept a gift from me as well, okay?" She addressed Dante, reaching into the pocket of her jacket she smirked at Rian. 

"Here." She tossed a pocket-knife (courtesy of @Magda Trickett) to @Dante Agretera

Edited by Josephine Tindall

Dante Agretera

Dante's smile faltered for only a second at the conversation that was happening over his head, but the smile broke through the confusion when Jo finally did take the crown. And his smile brightened even more when she offered him a gift in the form of a flying (thankfully closed) pocket knife.

He plucked it out of the air and looked at. “Oh blue, that's my favorite color.” he didn't say anything about how small it was, because he was prudent to not speak about things like skinning game was done. But since he couldn't bring his own knife from home, this was perfect. “Thank you, I love it.”

Rían O' Donnell

Pressing his lips together, Rían fought to suppress a chuckle. The smirk only grew. 

"Looks good Jo" Which wasn't a total lie, it made him look at her freckly face some more. Gross. Once he realised he was staring he then did laugh as Dante actually accepted the knife. "Er....I wasn't expecting that but alright"

Josephine Tindall

She smiled (sort of, this was Jo so it was an awkward grimace at most) at @Dante Agretera. "I'm glad you like it. My one is blue too."

Jo adjusted the crown on her head, the flowers catching in her messy hair and glanced @Rían O' Donnell. He was staring. Ew.

"If you keep staring at me I'll gouge out your eyes."

Noticing @Winston Hughes at the Slytherin table Jo got to her feet, glared at Rian one last time and went to join the nerd at the Slytherin table.

Edited by Josephine Tindall

Rían O' Donnell

He couldn’t hold it in anymore. A laugh burst out and he looked back to Jo

”Charming Princess”

Dante Agretera

Wow.” he said as she adjusted the crown and about the same time that Rían burst out laughing. “It makes you look really pretty.”

Josephine Tindall

Hearing @Rían O' Donnell's comment as she made her way to the Slytherin table, Jo flipped him the bird over her shoulder.

Being social was the worst.

Jo out.

Rían O' Donnell

Rían continued smirking even when she made her gesture, with his closest hand he covered Dante’s eyes. Pure people needed to be protected. 

Willow Silverthorn

Time: VH40

Ravenclaw. A good choice. A strong choice. Willow approved wholeheartedly. Taking a seat at the table filled with blue, she waited for the rest of the first years to be sorted before she could dig into her food.

Hannah Liu

What the hat said had bothered Hannah and while she sat listening to the Headmistress she fixated on it, chewing on her bottom lip and scanning the table to see the people she had been placed with.

She was dreading writing home, her father had high hopes for Hannah in Slytherin and this felt like a slight against him, almost like a subconscious rebellion. She wasn't one to disappoint her parents, especially not her father and wondered what his response to her sorting in Ravenclaw would be. Likely not a positive one. 

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.