Gullveig

Ravenclaw House Table

Ayana Kirby

Ayana couldn’t possibly be any happier with her house. She had made it into the house of her family, and that was all that really mattered to her. She looked down the table and saw a few people she had been walking near before the sorting. But after a few seconds, the thrill of knowing some faces and being in Ravenclaw wore off, considering what lay in front of her. There was mouth watering food everywhere. Her mother had taught her to be polite and to mind her table manners, but she decided she needed some slack. This was her new home, and even though she wanted to make a good impression right now, she was hungry. Ayana started grabbing dishes that people didn’t have their hands on yet and filled her plate. Once her plate was overflowing, she looked around the table to see if anyone was staring. A few students were, but she didn’t care. Probably just jealous of what great taste in food she had…

She gave them a small smile and a bit of a sarcastic “Hello” and started munching on her food.

Aya Brax

"RAVENCLAW!" the hat shouted

oh.

It was the right moment, the right place, but the wrong word.

With all the excitment she hadn't realized that her heart had been set on Gryffindor.

Why wasn't she good enough for the house of the lions? She was fearless, disregarded rules, and always tried to do what was right.

Ravenclaw? She hated learing. She would rather fly by the seat of her pants on some adventure then wonder about something stupid like why the sky was blue.

She fought tears as she took her seat at the Ravenclaw table.

Seven years.

Seven years she would sit there with the clear view of the house of scarlet and gold.

Oh bloody hell, what had she gotten herself into?

Blaise Stark

As quick as Blaise's panic attack of thoughts had started, it was over. RAVENCLAW! The tattered hat yelled.

From the hat to the table was a bit of a blur. All she could think of was that she was placed into Ravenclaw. She didn't notice the next few people to come up, as she sat her self at the table adorned with bronze and blue. As she looked over at the other tables, she didn't feel regret. She did not want to go sit with the brave lions, the loyal badgers, or the sly snakes. No, Ravenclaw was definitely where she belonged. There was already a sense of unity with her house.

However, she wasn't to pleased about being separated from the people she had met over the summer. Sure, she saw Aya and Lily, but that was it. A surge of motivation came to Blaise, making her silently think "I'll have to work my best!"

Levi Emory

Levi heard the cheers as he was sorted into Ravenclaw he looked over to see his brothers giving him the thumbs up sign. He took a seat at his house table and looked around for someone to talk to. His blue eyes took in everything from where he sat. The sounds of everyone talking with their friends or trying to make friends. He couldn't wait to send an owl to his parents telling them he had been sorted into Ravenclaw.

This was what he had been waiting for since he was younger. This was the moment, this was where his life began. He didn't feel like he was letting his family down, but instead he was in the right place. He saw other first years look disappointed that they didn't get into the house they wanted.

He noticed a few of his friends had also been sorted into the same house as him. This is going to be good he thought. Now that he knew there were people he knew in the same house as him. He started to eat and look for someone to talk to.

Bryce Bryner

Bryce Bryner plopped a seat down next to Rhy. He looked at the empty table wishing it was already dinner. His stomach grumbled. He had neglected to get a snack on the Express, and was paying for it. He slapped Rhydian on the arm to get his attention.

"Think we'll get any good ones this year?" he asked his friend. Three years in a row, Slytherin had one the House cup. Ravenclaw had been in last ever since Bryce had got there. He was ready for a change. It was time for the Ravenclaws to win. Which meant, they needed the best ickles they could get. Bryce looked at the massive doors to the Great Hall in time to see them opening up and seeing the fresh meat, ickles, being led in. He remembered three years ago when he was led in. Everything was different. He could see the ickles looking around in awe. He could tell which ones were muggle-born though. Their heads were spinning everywhere. Not have ever seen a floating candle, was probably new to them. As with everything else in Hogwarts.

Bryce smiled reassuringly to the new faces walking passed. Hopefully it would help them conquer their nervousness. The fourth year clapped for the students who were thrown into Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and especially for Ravenclaw. He even whistled for them. When a Slytherin was named, he clapped politely. He only liked Benji and Ele. And maybe Lyceus, from what Ele had told him. Speaking of which. Bryce glanced over at the Slytherin table trying to find Ele. He hadn't talked to her for awhile. Not being able to see her, he decided to talk to the ickles.

He leaned into the still empty table and turned his head to the end of the table. "Welcome to Ravenclaw ickles! Home to the most smartest students every," he said using improper grammar as a joke. Only a Ravenclaw. Such nerds. "Names Bryce Bryner! Hope you all enjoy your years to come with us. he gave them his best cheesy smile and turned back to his year. Ah Ickles. Nothing like using them. He would with time. "I call the fastest runner," he said smiling. He had a plan for Filch this year. He laughed. A good year it would be.

Anne O'Connor

Anne grinned when she spotted two heads of her favorite ravenclaw boys. She walked over to the table, a small grin already on her face, and planted herself right next to Bryce. Oh, how much she missed sitting there. The blonde spent the whooole summer with her father. It seemed he was getting more clingy every year. Not that she didn’t mind spending time with him, she just missed her friends a lot.

“Hey Rhydian! Hey Bryce! How was your summer?”

Bryce mentioned something about the ickles being good that year. They better be. Anne believes Ravenclaw will DEFIANTLY win the house cup that year, and not get last placed like the passed few years.A new year, a new start, right? Perhaps, there are a few hidden talents among them too for the ravenclaw quidditch team. Getting new Team Mates every year was always fun. "They are Ravenclaws, of course they are!" Anne chimed.

The sorting started, and a good bunch of ickle ravenclaws joined the table. Anne giggled over the memory of being that age. It seemed like yesterday she was a nervous wreck, waiting to be sorted. The blonde was still taken away by the beauty of the castle. She still hasn't even gotten use to the Great Hall's ceiling. Having the magical wonders of Hogwarts shoved into a person's life of course would make first years all first-yearly.

Bryce introduced himself, while using some creative sentence structures that made Anne giggle some more. What is he trying to do, confuse the poor things? “Hi…” She said shyly to the new ravvie ickles. “I’m Anne O’Connor… Nice to meet you.” She paused awkwardly. The ravenclaw girl wasn't known for her social skills.

"Ah... Do quidditch!"

Edited by Anne O'Connor

Kyla Hoover

Kyla blinked as the hat bellowed out her result. Ravenclaw? Was...was it sure? Did it want to try again? Bah, who was she kidding? The hat was always right. Besides, it even admitted that she was worthy of the great Salazar. It was just the stupid muggle-born thing. She saw this coming, no use fretting too much about it. After all, Ravenclaw was for the smart. And Kyla knew she was smart. And as long as it wasn't Hufflepuff. That would ruin everything. She took one more glance at her sister's table before joining the cheering blue.

This was where the real challenge started. Where was she going to sit? There were so many people here. She wanted to sit with someone her own age, at least for now. She looked alone the tables to see which people had the striped ties versus the generic black ones like her's. Eventually, she found an empty spot across from a young boy who was freshly sorted like herself. She took the seat quickly, not wanting to draw too much attention away from the other new students.

Once everything was taken care of, the feast officially began. And holy Merlin, what a spread! It was everything! Kyla almost couldn't breathe, but she restrained. Politely, she took a small roll and began eating. All the while, she couldn't help but glance at the boy across the way. Might as well start conversation.

"So, do you think you'll fancy Ravenclaw?"

Levi Emory

Levi looked up when the girl across from him asked a question. Swallowing he noticed she looked like she was a first year like him. He thought about the question, would he fancy Ravenclaw? of course he would it was where the Sorting hat had placed him. Taking a drink of Pumpkin juice he thought of how he would word his answer, "I'll probably fancy Ravenclaw because I strive to know everything I can. Also I like to find out why things are the way they are. What about you, will you fancy Ravenclaw?" he asked.

His eyes drifted to the Gryffindor table where his brothers were, "You owe me." he mouthed making sure they saw. If anyone asked he would explain that they had bet on which house he would get in and he had won. He noticed that she had been staring at him also, "Great and I've been stuffing my face like no bloody tomorrow." he thought. "I'm sorry if I eat like an animal. It's just I've got four brothers and a large family at family reunions and we usually have to be quick when eating. Don't worry I'm usually very polite." he added hoping she would understand. "I'm Levi... Levi Emory." he said introducing himself with a usual crooked-smile.

Kyla Hoover

Kyla shrugged as the question was returned to her. "I think it should be fun. The people here do seem nice. And I do consider myself at least slightly more intelligent than normal. Though, I must admit part of me really wanted Slytherin. I...I think my parents would have wanted that." Yes, everyone who was in Slytherin talks about parents. This is good. Kyla was starting to like how quick she was getting at lying. "But no matter, they'll be just a proud of me here, I know it. After all, my sister's in Hufflepuff, and they haven't killed her yet." She laughed a little and took another bite.

"Oh," she smiled, "don't worry about it. How can you help it? This is without a doubt some of the best food I've ever eaten. Everything tastes amazing!" By this point Kyla had a full plate in front of her full of samples of the wonderful spread in front of her, unable to choose just one. "Though I have never drunk pumpkin juice before," she said as she took another swing of her up. "Delicious, but certainly a new experience."

She thought for a second, then decided to change the subject. As thrilling as beverages were, she had a feeling it wasn't going anywhere. "So, brothers you say? How many do you have? I take it this means you've been around Hogwarts a long time."

Levi Emory

"I've got four brothers...all in Gryffindor. As for being around Hogwarts I've heard a lot about it, but this is my first time being here." Levi said as he nodded towards the Gryffindor table. He had to agree with the girl across from him this food was amazing. Feeling better that she understood about eating he finished one plate and started in on his second one. "You know, I never caught your name." he said looking at her.

He thought about what else they could talk about besides him having brothers. Hmmm possibly which classes they would like, Quidditch which was something he could talk about for hours, the houses, or food and beverages which were apparently not the best topic to talk about. He waited to find out what the girls name was. He was pretty sure he had introduced himself, on second thought he was positive he had introduced himself.

Aoi Bianchi

A small white feathered fluffy and rather odd looking fluffy fluffy owl flipped and flapped and cartwheeled his way towards the table with the bird peoples sitting at it. They liked birds right? Or so that was Fubar's reasoning as he descended upon the table. Despite his owner's pleas for him to return to where he had been on the boy's head. He hooted and suddenly noticed some of the ickles pointing up at him and commenting on Fubar's flying. He fluffed up struck by how loved he was and dropped, plopping right on top of an ickle's head.

This was starting to become a habit. Why had Aoi selected an owl from the back of the store? He scrambled to catch the silly bird. Hoping he wouldn't plop down on anyone's plate and muck up their chance to eat their feast. He gasped when Fubar stopped and dropped like a rock. Aoi ran for it, he was booking it hoping that Fubar wouldn't land in the plate or head or whatever before he could catch him. He sighed when he missed just by a couple of seconds and Aoi felt himself flush in embarrassment as time seemed to of stilled.

Edited by Aoi Bianchi

Paddington Gillespie

Who wouldn't be concerned when they felt something land on their head? Paddington froze and his food froze with him, halfway on the journey to his mouth. What the bugger was on his head? The poor Ravenclaw was almost too scared to look, afraid that he might freak out should it be anything.. unacceptable. Then again why would it be acceptable.. it was on his head. He dropped his fork as a feather floated down and landed on his nose. It was... Paddington glanced up, seeing half of a talon and his suspicions were confirmed.

It was an owl.

"I.. I uh.." What was he supposed to do about this? Could he kill it? No.. he didn't know the proper spell. And even if he did, he wouldn't use it. No matter how much he hated owls. "Is uh.. is this yours?" He asked the boy who had been rushing over there. He was doing everything to keep his cool, but if the owl didn't belong to him and wasn't removed in the next thirty seconds, he might just have a spasm.

Meryl Bright

Meryl helped herself to the weird orange-colored juice on the table, pouring a glass. She took a sip and tried not to make a face. "What IS this?" she asked. It tasted like squash, except not the squash her mum Violet kept in the fridge. It tasted like real squash! Like... oh, she couldn't put her finger on it... "PUMPKIN!" she crowed after a minute. "It's pumpkin juice, isn't it?" she said to her neighbor, hoping she hadn't startled anyone by her sudden outburst. Taking a bite of her chocolate cake, she couldn't believe how good it was. "Who makes all this food?" she wondered out loud. Maybe she could get a job as a cook at Hogwarts. Learning how to make such good cakes would be so much fun.

Elaine Gwynedd

Screaming with joy inside Elaine seated herself at the blue and bronze decorated Ravenclaw house table with the other first year students. Her instinct had been right, she’d been placed in the same house as her mother and the one house that fitted correctly with her soul in the puzzle of life. She watched as her friends and even her cousin, Arica, were placed in Ravenclaw also. Unable to contain her excitement, Elaine’s thoughts spun in her head, one after the other in rapid succession. Oooh, look at the beautiful floating candles, or the raven adorned house banner above or the…What was it that the sorting hat said? Elaine questioned. Something about calming down, exerting patience and relaxing her mind like her father said? Yes, she decided to go with the flow of things, at least for one night, and with that Elaine turned her attention to the plates stacked high of food in front of her.

As Elaine reached out for food to eat, and make into a raven shape on her plate, she heard much chatter around her, in which she felt inclined to join in on. An older boy, perhaps fourth year Elaine guessed, spoke to the new students "Welcome to Ravenclaw ickles! Home to the most smartest students every." She frowned, Ickles? The word seemed foreign to Elaine until she searched the vast, and ever growing, dictionary of her mind. It sounded kind of patronizing yet she now knew it meant ‘little’ and ‘cute’ also. “You know that’s improper grammar? It doesn’t sound correct, should it perhaps be something like ‘Home to the smartest students ever?’ because otherwise it would contradict itself” Elaine then blushed, she sounded like she was babbling again, so much for the relaxing, the cogs of her mind were toying with her. What if this Bryce thought she was annoying, in saying such things, or what if her was just testing her? “Anyway, thankyou, my name’s Elaine. Nice to meet you all”

There was two people next to her discussing fancying Ravenclaw as a house and stuffing yourselves with food, one of which she recognized as someone she knew from the train. “Levi?” Elaine asked smiling “Oh hi, my names Elaine,” she then said to the girl, Kayla she thought, if her inquisitive nature to happen to overhear conversations was correct. ”I hope you don’t mind me joining in, I love Ravenclaw so I found it easy to imagine myself in it - other than the fact I am actually in it. Oh dear, I hope your parents don’t disown you or anything, for being in Ravenclaw and not Slytherin that is” Elaine said worriedly, addressing the girl now, she then added “…it happened to my mother. Anyway, four older brothers in Gryffindor?! Wow, that must be a bit of a handful”

“PUMPKIN!” A girl to her left cried, startling Elaine slightly "It's pumpkin juice, isn't it?" she asked Elaine and the girl then followed that question with "Who makes all this food?" After, gathering her wits together, seeing as they scattered for moment, Elaine devised a reply “Oh, yes it’s pumpkin juice. Isn’t it good? I guess it may seem weird to those for whom it is new. Are you muggleborn? My cousin is, she should be around here somewhere unless she’s gotten lost again. And I do believe, from reading in ‘Hogwarts: A History,’ that house elves make all this delicious food,” she smiled “It’s okay though, apparently they really like cooking it all. By the way my names Elaine.”

The Raven was complete! The one she had been making on her plate that is, she then continued to eat her work of art with devour. Yum.

Jacoby Murphy

He was sorted into Ravenclaw and it was his dream ever since the first day he had found out he was a wizard. The joyous celebration of the great feast was finally underway and he was headed to the table that he deserved to be at. He was headed to the table of some of the smartest and some of the oddest wizards of all time, but that didn’t stop him from feeling like he belonged. He sat down next to a couple of ickle Ravenclaws that were sorted before him. He smiled as he put food on his plate before he introduced himself.

“Hey, I’m Jacoby Murphy. Did any of you want to be sorted into Ravenclaw like I did?”

It was a small question indeed, but it could have rather big answers with some people saying they would’ve probably rather been in other houses, but it didn’t really matter to him. He was finally here at Hogwarts and it was even more breathe taken than he thought it would be.

Kyla Hoover

It wasn't until the boy asked that Kyla realized how rude she had been. "Oh, terribly sorry. I'm Kyla. Kyla..." Should she say her last name? No, one of Levi's brothers was sure to know Rie. Was that a bad thing? No, Rie was awesome. But she was probably telling people they were born with muggle parents. She couldn't have that, no one would respect her. "...Dean. Kyla Dean. I guess all this has dazed me a bit." Smooth. Real smooth.

She hurriedly took another bite off her plate, then decided now would be a wonderful time to change the subject. "So what about classes? I for one can't wait for charms. That one seems like it'll be the most fun. Turning things around and whatnot. What about you?" She was tempted to say she was excited for History of Magic, which she was. But that would seem weird. After all, these people probably knew all about that stuff. Her appearing excited about it might blow her cover.

Bryce Bryner

Bryce had turned back to his year when he heard an ickle from the front talk. “You know that’s improper grammar? It doesn’t sound correct, should it perhaps be something like ‘Home to the smartest students ever?’ because otherwise it would contradict itself” Bryce leaned back into the table to stare at the young ickle naming herself as Elaine. Bryce smiled. He turned back to the others and back to the ickle Elaine.

He turned back to his friends once more. "That ickle is mine," he said before turning his head back to the ickle. "Hey Ickle! I mean Elaine! he shouted over the clamor in the great hall. "Your under the protection of Bryce Bryner now. You are officially my ickle." He grinned at the Elaine. Any first year who was willing to speak up to any higher year was not a coward. And not being a coward would come in handy when dealing with Slytherins. So was older brothers in seventh year, but that wasn't relative. Ok, maybe it was relative, but only in the sense of relatives, like aunts and uncles. But that was besides the point.

Before turning back to Rhy and the rest, he yelled "Anne is really sweet. She is just shy. Be nice to her or you will find yourself covered in feathers." Bryce grinned at Anne. "My ickle," he said once more. "Got it? Good. Don't be afraid of the ickles Anne," he said smiling. With that, he dug into a nice slice of pie. Mmm. House elves were the best cooks.

Levi Emory

Levi nodded when she told him her name was Kyla. "It seems everyone is a bit dazed, especially the first years." he said trying to make a conversation. Apparently so was she, because she asked him "So what about classes? I for one can't wait for charms. That one seems like it'll be the most fun. Turning things around and whatnot. What about you?" He had to think about that which class/classes would he like. "Personally I think I'll like Charms and Transfiguration because they have application to real life and they just seem fun. Potions will probably be fun also because we use them for nearly everything.

He turned his attention to another boy who had been sorted in to Ravenclaw and apparently really wanted to be here. "Well Jacoby I'm Levi and I did want to be in Ravenclaw, but my family; mostly my brothers; would have liked to see me in Gryffindor. It's ok because I know they'll be happy for me at least making to Hogwarts." he said looking at the other boy. "Also this is Kyla Dean." he added introducing the girl whom he had been talking to.

Escher Renard

When the hat said Ravenclaw, Escher knew he should be disappointed. His family for as long as he had been taught (or at least told and possibly lied to about), they had all been Slytherins. It was a legacy, like them being French. Frenchish anyhow. But nevermind that, the boy sat still on the stool for a moment after the hat was removed and thought it over briefly. He.should.be.upset.

But he felt free.

Walking across the front of the Great Hall, Escher stole a glance at his brother now in the sea of green and met the glaring eyes. It was not going to be good meeting up with him later. A pang went through his body as he dropped the eye contact and headed for the Ravenclaw table with the other blue clad people. Escher smiled briefly though at the realization that he could hide from his brother any time he wanted to. No, he was not afraid, but sometimes Bishop's exploits were not of the same desire as his own. It would be much easier to plead the fifth if he had his own Common Room to duck into where the boy couldn't follow. So yes, in effect, Escher was free for the first time in his life from the constant responsibility of his brother. It was amazing.

It didn't mean he didn't like his brother a whole lot, but the thought of laying in his dorm, sprawled out on the bed, staring at the ceiling with no worries that his brother would come in with the newest trouble he was in was just... amazing. Realizing that he was sitting at a table now, people chatting all around him, Escher snapped to and reached for a roll close by and began pulling it apart as he looked over the rest of the feast. His appetite was sapped with the newfound knowledge that the hat had given him, but it was thrilling nevertheless. People chatted near him and he thought about joining in, but his brain refused to cling to anything concrete. Besides, some of this talk about being a "minion" or "mine" was a bit too much for the boy, so he simply glared and chewed thoughtfully on his small bread products until they were dismissed and headed out.

At the door to the Great Hall, Escher watched his brother heading off to the side and he paused. Should he go talk to him? It would only take a moment... and he should probably stop his brother from the swishy motion of that.... AMG THAT PREFECT... Escher rolled his eyes, caught the glare from his brother, made a gesture with his hand before turning on his heel and heading off with the Ravenclaws. Obviously his brother was going to be fine soon enough. Escher had a room to go relax in and think of as little as possible for the night...

Elaine Gwynedd

Glancing around her Elaine saw Bryce stare at her for a moment, then his head turned between her and his friends smiling excitedly. She smiled back, yah she hadn’t annoyed or offended him, and this was why Ravenclaw is the best house ever; because you can correct people on their grammar without feeling stupid.

Elaine heard Bryce whisper something excitedly to his friends then turn to her and say ”Hey Ickle! I mean Elaine! “ She blinked, again with the Ickle? Elaine hoped she would get used to it and not find it demeaning soon. Hey, at least he corrected himself for her sake, she thought. The hall was quite loud and boisterous, so at least that’s what Elaine THOUGHT he said, because for all she knew he could have insulted her or something.

Bryce then said to her "Your under the protection of Bryce Bryner now. You are officially my ickle." Elaine beamed delightedly, even more happy than she had been all day, and that was hard to top because she felt she may just have had the best day of her life and began a new chapter altogether. I’m. Protected. By. A. Fourth. Year. Student. Yah! Elaine felt incredibly thankful all of a sudden, she wasn’t scared or intimidated by an older student this time, much at any rate, and it surprised her. Who needed bravery when you were curious, that was the thing that kept her going. Perhaps, she thought, he was just a really nice guy, or so she hoped if she were to ‘officially’ be his ‘ickle,’ it was an odd idea but a pleasant one at that.

”Er…thanks then. That’s great! So what does that entail?” said Elaine, she didn’t want to jump into any agreement without knowing the details otherwise that would be stupid, and she certainly wasn’t stupid. Her house now proved it.

Around her Levi and Kyla continued their conversation and new students ate whilst smiling, or glaring in some cases. Elaine decided it was a good idea and grabbed more delicious food, ”Could you please pass the potatoes?” she asked someone kindly.

Edited by Elaine Gwynedd

Meryl Bright

Meryl was trying not to goggle too much at the girl on her right. "House elves?" she said. "Like in Lord of the Rings, only they're like servants?" She couldn't believe that there were real elves here too. Maybe that meant that Lord of the Rings was real, and all the people that her mums had read to her about were real too! "Yeah, I am Muggleborn, some people think that's a bad thing though, like this boy I met at Diagon Alley who's probably in Slytherin now. But I don't think it's a bad thing! It's like diversity, isn't it?"

"Could you please pass the potatoes?" the girl said, and Meryl handed the bowl over after taking a few spoonfuls for herself. "No, but really, are there elves here?" she said. "What about you, are you Muggleborn or Wizard born?" She felt a bit bad for pelting the girl with questions, but she had so many to ask and no one else had really spoken to her yet.

Bryce Bryner

Bryce was drinking pumpkin juice when one of his friends told a joke so tremendously funny, the juice sprayed out onto the student across from him. Which was just even funnier. While he was mopping the table and his face, his new found ickle asked him a question. What did her being his ickle entail? Entail, good choice of wording. Bryce thought. "Well, let's see. Well since I will be a mentor this year you will be my mentee." It was true. Bryce planned on mentoring. Since he missed Mari so much. But what did a mentor do. "I'll help with your homework that is tough. Introduce you to the cooler people of this fine school. Show you around it. Maybe even see the Grey Lady. It was what Mari had done for him. Minus the Grey Lady. Although as an ickle, he did get to see the Grey Lady. "Anything you want Elaine." He decided to only call her ickle occasionally now.

Bryce thought a bit more with things Mari had taught him or done with him. "And even after your ickle year, you can come to me if you need help. And if any Slytherins, excluding Eleora Chance who is the best dueler ever, bother you, I will personally jinx them back to their mothers. Sound good?" he asked grinning. He really would enjoy the jinxing of Slytherins, excluding Ele, Benji and Lyceus, back to their mothers. Of course, Benji might deserve a good jinx now and then though. Especially when he snogs Bryce later. But that hasn't happened yet. Benji wasn't all bad though. "Oh! And I can show you things I can make. My dad's a jeweler. I can make awesome stuff."

Speaking of which, Bryce had made his first actual piece. It was a charm bracelet for Anne. Silver chain with a small golden book with blue trim. There was a broom on it as well. He would add on to it though. "And I can show you the amazing creatures that... Oh wait would she let me? Yes. Fairchild would. Yeah Fairchild has amazing creatures I could show you. Really awesome stuff." He turned back to his friends and kept his ear sharp for his ickle again. "So do you guys think we can win the House Cup this year? I bet we can!" The new year had started. Bryce lifted his hands up cheering "Ra Ra Ravenclaw!!" The year would be great.

Elaine Gwynedd

After Bryce wiped his face of pumpkin juice he replied thoughtfully to Elaine's question; he explained that he'd be her mentor, help her with homework, introduce her to cool people, including the Grey Lady, and more. Elaine grew happier and happier while she listened to Bryce as he continued to speak. Yah! She simply couldn't believe her luck; on the first day of her new schooling adventure she had found, and attached herself to, like, the coolest person she had meet so far, just by commenting on his grammar. I should do that more often, she thought, maybe it's how the amazing people of Ravenclaw communicate.

She went through it in her mind; although Elaine considered herself pretty good with homework she was sure one day she may need help and now she knew who to go to if the need to arose, being introduced to the cooler people of the school sounded like a wonderful way to meet others – Wait, there were people even cooler than her new mentor? Elaine found it hard to believe, but if it was true she was sure to have a wonderful seven years here. Anything you want, Bryce had said. It felt like a lot to take in due to the fact that everything he had mentioned seemed like more than what Elaine had wanted or even expected but she decided to think on this if anything else came to mind.

"And even after your ickle year, you can come to me if you need help. And if any Slytherins, excluding Eleora Chance who is the best dueler ever, bother you, I will personally jinx them back to their mothers. Sound good?" Bryce said grinning at her. Elaine was beaming; they could be friends even after she finished her first year, or at least that’s what she took it to mean, and he would protect her from nasty Slytherins, except for a girl called Eleora Chance which Elaine mentally noted to stay away from because she was apparently the best dueler ever. She now felt fully sorted for the year, after all what more could she want; she had an awesome mentor, food, Ravenclaw, new friends and much more.

"Oh! And I can show you things I can make. My dad's a jeweler. I can make awesome stuff." Bryce added, which made Elaine swiftly turn her head around blinking in amazement, “You serious?! Your dad’s a jeweler? What an incredible coincidence; my mums a jeweler too, infact she made me the very necklace I’m wearing” she said gesturing to the purple amethyst necklace of celtic design around her neck “I’d be honored to see some stuff that you make, I believe you.” Perhaps he’d make something for her one day, Elaine thought, after all she had come to respect jewelry due to her mum’s passion for it.

“The Grey Lady? That’s awesome, isn’t she the Ravenclaw house ghost or something?” Elaine asked practically jumping out of her seat with excitement “Thankyou so much, it all sounds wonderful. Ravenclaw has got the best people ever! I’m very grateful to be your mentee, thanks.” She almost wanted to leap out of her seat and hug Bryce, but embarrassment stopped her. Elaine also heard him go on about seeing some magical creatures, this intrigued her and she suddenly looked forward to the year ahead very much.

Elaine was passed the potatoes by the same girl who asked about the very food she was now serving onto her already full plate. She would sleep well and full tonight. "House elves? Like in Lord of the Rings, only they're like servants?" She heard the girl ask. Elaine giggled, she liked muggle movie Lord of the Rings very much, except her mum made her close her eyes at the scary bits. “Yes, really, house elves. Er...not really like in Lord of the Rings; they’re not tall, mystical and graceful but short and often scruffy like wearing rags.” when Elaine said this she felt suddenly sorry for them in a surge of sympathy, they worked so hard…“I don’t consider them servants, some do though, especially Slytherin Purebloods. However, as I said, they like doing work oddly enough.”

Nodding, in what she hoped was an understanding way, at the girl, who said something about being muggleborn, then about how some people thought that was a bad thing, and then asked about her blood status, Elaine said whilst smiling reassuringly “Oh noes, don’t listen to them. My cousin is muggleborn also and she’s awesome. I’m of half-blood, me dad’s a muggle and my moms a witch. So I got the best of both worlds. By the way, not sure if I already said this, but by name is Elaine.”

There seemed to be a house cheer erupt down the table of which Elaine promptly joined in on “To Ravenclaw and to a great year ahead!” she said to those around her whilst holding her cup as if she were giving a toast.

Jezi Jones

Jezi rushed to the Ravenclaw table as soon as she got the hat off of her head. She was excited to see who else was in her house. She noticed that the girl with the bag of chips from the train was in her house as well.

Jezi knew the girl had definitely spoken too soon when she had said that they would never see her again.

Julliet Willow Rae DeBelle

Julliet sat in stunned silence. That couldn't have been Ravenclaw the wise old hat had shouted in her ear could it? She wasn't clever enough to be in Ravenclaw! She wasn't bright....was she? Jules could not believe that the house she had so desperatly wanted and so desperatly thought she could never be in was in fact the one she was heading towards. Her bright blue eyes shone even more as she beamed towards the many faces of applauding students.

As she walked towards the Ravenclaw Table - her future - she shook her head with disbelief. Her grandmother had been right..she did belong with the eagles. Jules had taken after her mother but she couldnt help but feel confused as to why she wasn't in Gryffindor. She reminded herself afterwards that the hat had debated between the lions and the eagles but in the end knowledge had overruled but she already knew that. Somewhere deep in her heart she always knew she'd go to Ravenclaw like her mother but she had always wondered if she was good enough to go there.

She grinned at her friends as everyone of the went to Ravenclaw but she was very upset that Ginernia went to Hufflepuff. She looked on as a slightly disapointed Nia walked towards the badgers and couldn't help but feel sad. Although Jules was happy for her seeing as most unique people go there and she knew that Nia was unique. She'd still be friends with her obviously and probably best which the others could be too.

As the group of first years waiting to be sorted began to dwindle Jules felt at home as she looked around her spoting the colours of blue and (silver?) knowing that this was where she belonged.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.