Gullveig

Ravenclaw House Table

Eriya Hacket

Oho! So she only answers to provocations eh? This Feige girl was really starting to annoy her yet at the same time, she finds were amusing. She looked like the oddball among her Ravenclaw peers - if she did have those amongst the blue-clad students.

"I was just trying to be polite.", Eri shrugged. So much for civility. What was the girl's problem anyway? Eri rarely encounters people like her and 99% of them were men - old men. So what was she playing at? It's not like she did anything to offend her - she hasn't even done anything yet. Still, the girl insisted on being rude, obtuse, mean, incivil and -- rude. Really, she should stop trying but her curiosity just won't let her.

Heaving a deep sigh, "Hey. Feige. Why are you so hostile?" She'd been trying to be nice but a bit of bluntness wouldn't hurt. Plus, she can't think of a better word to express herself - the girl was truly hostile.

Feige Jarkeni

"Hey. Feige. Why are you so hostile?"

At this, Feige had to grin. Finally! Someone in Ravenclaw had figured out that beating around the bush was simply ridiculous and irritating. She turned toward the direction of the voice and paused, her grin fading fast on the petite Asian features, when she saw who it was. Well, then. Atwood's new friend. She figured that, since the girl had at least granted her the gift of being blunt, she would grant her with an answer. Feige sniffed before she launched into a brief reply.

"I'm not hostile; you're merely annoying," said she in a haughty tone of voice as she turned back to her food once more. She did have to admit that she appreciated the bluntness, though. But how to explain this? Atwood's friend had actually taken a tiny bit of Feige's affection.

But that was a tiny bit, mind you. Tiny. Feige was still waiting for this girl to prove herself.

Eriya Hacket

"Well, I do get that a lot.", Eri admitted, thinking. She really was annoying at times, she'd give her that but that was no reason for her to be so -- so mean about it. Why, Feige didn't even give her the chance to redeem herself. Then again, who was she for Eri to bother getting her approval? Just a snobby second year who thinks she's better than the first years, apparently. " - but your the first one to react like this to me."

It was true, most people just ignore her overtime - but not instantly! - or try to convert her into something more timid - like a flower or something. She was often told she was more a butterfly than a flower - always making the first move, never leaving the flower until it yielded to her persistence.

Then she remembered she was hungry. Spearing a piece of potato with her fork, she began to eat it bit by bit. "Anyway, it's getting tiring talking to someone who looks like she's ready to stab you or something." She wasn't really intimidated anymore once she found out that Feige wouldn't really hurt her. Eri tried again at being soft, maybe this time it would work. Well, if it didn't - she could always tell that to her face. It was, after all, quite amusing to see a person get affected by eher mere annoyance. Eri managed to just smirk as she took another bite.

Attia McKenzie

"I'm not hostile; you're merely annoying,"

Ths was the first thing Attia had heard as she went to take a seat with some other third years. Recognizing the voice as a fellow quidditch player Attia turned around and headed back in the direction of Ickle Feige. Yeah, she wasn't first year, but she was still an Ickle to Attia. And where did she get this attitude?

*smack* (Mind you a small and non-painful one on the head)

"Feige, where are your manners?" She exclaimed as she wedged herself in between Feige and some other girl.

Football Cavell

Football stared down the Ravenclaw table at Attia McKenzie, who had just struck Feige (his Feige) on the head. Oh, hellz no! The dark-skinned boy stood up, walking down the table towards his best friend, and seated himself between Feige and the first year with whom she had been arguing. "Hello, love," he said, nudging Feige over to make room for himself. "Move your fat butt." He stared at the first year, who was taunting his dearest Feige Jarkeni.

"And who on earth are you?" he said. "Why are you being so rude to my friend?" He blinked, very aware of his side pressed against Feige's. "My name's Cavell, and you'd do well to remember. That's it. Just Cavell." He turned to Attia. "And what business have you striking people? You're not that much older than we are, you know. I believe manners call for a lack of hitting people, as well, whether in public or private, though I admit it's much more embarrassing to be smacked by someone in public."

Well, maybe Feige just wanted to play the tough kid, and Attia had tried to show the poor ickle that Feige was really not very dangerous. "How are you, Feige?" he asked, turning to his best friend and trying to ignore how close their hands were. "The food is great, isn't it?"

Attia McKenzie

Attia was amused by Football's reaction to her smack. Jeez it was just a tiny smack, talk about over protective. She would have to mention this to Tristan, maybe he should put Football on as a beater while Feige was chaser or seeker, there was no way she'd be touched that way.

"Hmmm Football chill out," Attia said as she took a bite into a muffin. This really was a delicious muffin, really, she had to go see the house elves and thank them for all thier hard work.

"It was only a tiny smack, and yes I know you aren't that much younger than me, but it still qualifies me to put some half hearted terror into your ickles hearts." She finished with a playful smile. Attia was really much to nice to actually want to scare anyone, at least not permanantly.

At this Football turned towards Feige and Attia scanned the table with the newcomers. She didn't recognize any of them from train or from features. She knew some people had brothers, sisters, cousins etc coming this year. Apparently none of them were in Ravenclaw, or none that she knew of.

She sighed.

Feige Jarkeni

((I'm slow. >> <3 you all. xD))

Ready to stab someone? Well, that was highly probable, considering the Hacket girl's unfortunate disposition of being female. However, she was, in fact, quite blunt, and Feige appreciated that, so she might as well inform her that she wasn't nearly as annoying as any of the other new girls (or old girls, for that matter, she thought, thinking of her roommates). Feige tossed a bit of her long hair over her shoulder and turned to face the girl, about to inform her of her bluntness-appreciation when three things happened at once, leaving Feige feeling confused, angry, and amused, all in one.

First, Attia McKenzie from the Ravenclaw Quidditch team smacked her lightly in the head. It didn't hurt, but Feige was annoyed. Who did Attia think she was? She looked up at the not-so-much-older girl with a pointedly annoyed expression on her face, thinking of all sorts of Shakespearean insults in order to tell her off in an intelligent manner. However, it seemed as if fate did not want any words whatsoever to come out of Feige Jarkeni's mouth in those few seconds, for Football Cavell had just interrupted the situation once more and told Attia off for her. Feige was also a tad bit irritated at this, since she had wanted to be the one to issue the telling-offs, but either way, Attia had received one, she supposed.

That, and she didn't mind that Football wanted to protect her.

Still, she was a little irritated that he continually seemed to think she couldn't take care of herself. "I'm just fine, thanks," she said coolly, but she grinned at her best friend anyway. "Thanks for saving me, but I was doing just fine on my own. This here is Hacket," she said, introducing him to the ickle on Football's left, for Feige was now wedged between Football and Attia (and quite frankly, Feige was surprised that Football had forgotten Attia even though he hadn't played in most of the Quidditch season the previous year, since Attia seemed to remember him just fine). "She's okay," she informed him, giving a brief, not-so-cold, cordial nod to Eriya, hoping that that would be enough to let her know that she was okay with her. "And you know Attia already," she continued, arching an eyebrow. Did he really not remember her, or was he playing the cold game?

Needless to say, Attia and Eriya had just switched places on Feige's girldar. For being blunt and not caring? Eriya had gone into the positives. For smacking her in front of ickles? Attia had gone in the negatives. "And I have manners," she told Attia pointedly, biting back the impulse to stick her tongue out at the "older" girl. "I just choose not to use them." And with that, Feige leaned her weight on the hand that she was hoping wasn't as close to Football's as she thought it was and grabbed her fork with the other, ready to dive into her pumpkin pie.

Her family would have been appalled.

Eriya Hacket

"Feige, where are your manners?" A smack that launched a series of consequences.

Eri was quite glad and a bit indignant. Did these people really think she can't take care of herself? Or were they just really on bad terms with the second year? The latter seemed more likely. Feige was the kind of girl that struck Eri as hard to get with. She really seemed to hate people in general. Eri waited for Feige to retort but someone else came - another somebody.

"Move your fat butt." Hey! That wasn't nice at all! Her brain wanted to shout but nevertheless, she scooted over to make room for him. Great. Another second year. What was their problem? Picking on first years. They were one just last term for pete's sake! But then the second year continued on with bullying the ickle, attempting to intimidate her somehow? Well, Eri would never be intimidate - afraid maybe. This kid was crazy.

"And who on earth are you? Why are you being so rude to my friend? My name's Cavell, and you'd do well to remember. That's it. Just Cavell." So many questions Eri felt her head would explode. She doubted he was realy interested in her answers but she still did.

"Eriya Hacket. Can't say it's a pleasure to meet you.", she began, trying her hand at being haughty. It felt odd - she was way better at being annoying. "Maybe you should ask that question to your friend. I haven't done anything - yet." Her courage was starting to fail her. It was hard to stand up to older people, no matter how little the gap is but she had to try. She didn't want to be bullied all term. "And I don't think I'd want to remember your name."

The smacker - er the girl who hit Feige - said something too. Eri wondered if the boy could understand both of them talking at the same time. The older girl seemed like another bully but Eri was glad her attention wasn't directed at the ickle. That would just be too much. Feige was being awfully quiet but then she seemed to have found her voice. Eri expected her to side with the boy and start telling off everyone.

But - "She's okay." Feige had said after introducing her to the mean boy. Eri blinked. That was fresh. Maybe Feige wasn't really referring to her? But she nodded at her direction, there's no doubt. So the girl finally got over her prejudice, huh? Did this mean Eri wasn't annoying anymore? Too much questions again. Feige spoke to the other girl again before digging into her food.

Eri just smiled smugly. Maybe the year wouldn't turn out too bad at all. "See, I wasn't being rude to her." She just couldn't help but goad at the boy.

Attia McKenzie

Attia rolled her eyes. Why couldn't people just get along? They weren't at the Slytherin table for goodness sakes, and Attia had a mind to remind them.

She had noticed the new ickle who had been next to Feige and who was now next to Football. She looked at Feige, then Football and then at the ickle.

"If you all want to continue acting like five years olds, I suggest you go pay the Slytherin table a visit." and she flashed them each a charming smile. She then stood up, and went over to the gap between Football and the ickle.

"Move your fat butt Football," and she sat in between the two, putting her arm around Football but completely ignoring her Quid teammate who could apparently not remember her, or respect his elders.

With her other arm she extended her hands towards the Ickle, who had just introduced herself as Eriya.

"I'm Attia, nice to meet you."

Eriya Hacket

"If you all want to continue acting like five years olds, I suggest you go pay the Slytherin table a visit." Eri had the decency to feel embarrassed and color a bit. After a bit though, her mind began to defend her. She wasn't exactly that much older than five, that should count for something? Yep. Stupid. So she let it go and enjoyed the next scenes. It was much like a typical school play back in her muggle school.

The girl and Cavell seeemed to be good friends and Eri thought it would be to her best interests not to cross them. She needed to have a plan to avoid these two all term - just in case they prove to be really mean. Her meal was going real swell. She was about to return to her potato and ignore the older kids when --

"I'm Attia, nice to meet you." Hmm. Was she talking to me? Uh-huh. Her hand was extended in her direction. "Nice to meet you too." Eri grinned back, reaching for Attia's hand. The tables seemed to have turned already. Eri suddenly lost track of who was friends with who and decided to take a different route. "I take it you're not a second year?"

Edited by Eriya Hacket

Attia McKenzie

"Hmmmm no, Third" Attia said reaching for a bun. She looked at Eriya and decided she liked her. She stood up to Feige, who was sort of a bully. She could be a sweetheart to, but she liked attitude; something Attia did not enjoy, although, Attia had to admit that it was very useful on the quidditch pitch. Overall Attia like Feige, just in doses.

Returning her attention to Eriya Attia took a sip of whatever it was in front of her and continued with a barrage of questions.

"How are you liking it here, where are you from, who are your mentors?" She paused for a breath and to take another bite of her bun. It was a little test, she wanted to see how patient this ickle was, if she would instantly become irritated at so many questions or cooly/even enthusiastically answer them.

Attia wiggled her eyebrows in encouragement. Yeah she was a little weird.

Edited by Attia McKenzie

Eriya Hacket

So, Attia was a third year and Eri figured she had to reevaluate her judgement. Everything seemed backwards now it was starting to get confusing. The girl just looked at her and Eri tried to ignore the attention. It was discomfitting so she picked up her potato and bit some more. She heard a sip - and that was her only warning.

"How are you liking it here, where are you from, who are your mentors?" Honestly, were Ravenclaws supposed to be like this? Asking questions by sets? It was getting really irksome but Eri decided to oblige. She was just as annoying - though she has a different approach. Dropping her potato - will she ever finish it? No one knows -Eri looked at Attia. She was eating her bun and waiting for her response. Heaving a sigh, Eri began --

"It's been fun, though I'm still getting used to stuff here. I do get homesick a lot though. Anyway, I came from Fulham - Muggleborn, you see. My brother's one too so I'm not too ignorant about stuff. No use finding him here, he's already graduated." Then she paused to catch her breath. "Oh yeah. My mentors are Mark Elven nd Alec Berglund." Yep. That's about everything she asked for - and more. Attia was odd - in a cute sort of way - and Eri thought the girl deserved some respect from the ickle. Weirdness was quite hard to attain in a castle full of students who're odd they all seem normal. Anyway, Eri grinned at her - she was quite glad Attia's questions actually allowed her to be talkative.

Feige Jarkeni

((o.O Stampede of posts...))

Okay, so perhaps the Hacket girl wasn't being rude. But she was a girl, and everyone knew that Feige didn't like girls. Except acceptable girls, like Maly, but Maly was gone now. Feige tolerated the girls on the Quidditch team, but she really had no female friends. Maly had left Hogwarts and gone back to muggle school (something about a family problem?), and she had been Feige's only female friend. Ever. It wasn't these girls' faults; it was the fault of a few select girls who had taunted her and ostracised her as a young girl, and for a blameless crime: that she was being too boyish. It wasn't Feige's fault that she found dolls and talking about boys in odd ways boring. But the girls had made certain that Feige wasn't liked by any female in her primary school.

Well, that wasn't so hard.

Feige had sworn off girls after that. The boys were much nicer--after she had proven her worth at her favourite sport, football, and had kicked that checkered ball into all oblivion, the boys had welcomed her with open arms. They enjoyed having the football prodigy on their team, and they fought over her, at times, to ensure that the other team wouldn't get her. They enjoyed having her and she enjoyed spending time with them. And from that point forward, nothing changed. It didn't need to change.

But it seems like the girls around Hogwarts were far friendlier than the girls from her primary school. They didn't ostracise her until she pushed them away. At the same time, though, she found them annoying. Not one particular girl; all the girls, and so the Hacket girl was no exception. However, Feige had been taken-aback by her bluntness and remembered that Maly had retained the same quality. So, Feige had decided that the Hacket girl wasn't so bad merely because she was blunt. Like Maly.

It was quite a contrast from last year, Feige's attitude. The previous year, she had waited anxiously, bouncing in line, completely full of energy and practically bursting with energy. This year, her downtrodden demeanour was due to the fact that she had thought of the Sorting ceremony in a new light: that other girls would be invading her house. Younger girls. Girls who would be all like, "howdy-do" and what not. Irritating girls.

Now, Feige was finished fuming inside. She reached for the pumpkin juice and poured a bit of it into her goblet, observing the people next to her carefully. Football's fingers had nonchalantly (and nearly unobservably) grazed hers when she moved to reach for the pumpkin juice pitcher, and she could still feel the tingling on her fingertips as she watched Attia's arm calmly settle on Football's shoulder. Instantly, Feige could feel the fire in her underdevelopped chest reignite, but she fought to control her temper. NO ONE put her arm around Football but Feige. No one.

As Hacket and Attia continued to talk, Feige yawned very obviously, reaching her arms to the sky. It was difficult to get her arm around Football's shoulder, as he was considerably taller than she, but she did as her other arm fell down. "Great food, isn't it, Balls?" she asked amiably as she very obviously and very intentionally flicked Attia's own arm off Football's shoulder, making certain she knew that Football was hers, although she did not meet the older girl's gaze. "Although, I do seem to be a touch tired; care to accompany me up to the common room?" She grinned at him with her signature mischievous smile, then cast a sideways glance at Attia and Eriya.

"Hacket," she said, directly addressing Eriya, and hoping to interrupt the girls' conversation. "It was nice meeting you." She did like the way that Hacket seemed exasperated to answer Attia's round of endless questions. Perhaps Eriya would be a good minion after all.

Attia McKenzie

Attia was used to Feige so she did not even wince when Feige flicked her arm off Football's shoulder. She found that more amusing than anything, it confirmed that Feige had fallen hard for Football. She wondered if Feige herself knew it.

Even more non surprising was the way Feige decided to interupt and purposely ignore Attia as she rose from the table. As she walked away with Football Attia called out to her.

"Nice seeing you to Love!" With a backwards wave of the hand.

She returned her attention to Eriya. Student politics was dumb. Attia was not going to fight with Feige, if the girl didn't want friends, she didn't want them. Attia was not going to let that get in the way of being herself.

"That's all really interesting Eriya. Mark and Alec will take good care of you too." She paused a moment wile she took another bite of her bun. She wanted to ask more questions but didn't want to overwhelm the girl. She decided to see if Eriya would carry the conversation furthur.

Eriya Hacket

So Feige liked her after all. Well, that was quick. That was one less person Eri had to avoid this term. She did not, however, like the sound of her name on her lips. Feige had called her Hacket and it sounded like she was having a coughing fit. It kind of irked her. Eri also noted how there seemed to be a rivalry between the two girls - over Balls. She had smirked at this name. Maybe that's why he didn't give his name - just Cavell. She shook her head, fighting the urge to laugh - she didn't feel like getting into a fight just now. The ickle figured she just had to stay clear of the love triangle throughout the year - maybe even her stay at Hogwarts.

Eri just smiled at Feige - a sweet smile just to annoy her - as Attia said something, undoubtedly provocative although Eri didn't really care. That was a problem between them, she didn't need to force herself into it. And it was back to their conversation about mundane stuff. It was pretty nice to chat - just chat - and not argue for once during the meal. Her appetite was the real victim there.

"That's all really interesting Eriya. Mark and Alec will take good care of you too." Eri pondered a bit on how best to answer this without sounding too ungrateful. Truth be told, she had never seen both men since the RaMen hunt. Sure, she'd probably see them again since they're organizing the Red Snitch, Green Snitch for the year. Maybe that's why they've been so scarce - they were busy. Poor Eri, Anne and Archie - they seemed mentorless.

"I ho -- guess so.", she said, taking another bite off her potato. She was nearly halfway through it now. "I suspect they've been real busy these past days. We - me and my co-mentees - haven't seen them for a while now. The game must be taking all their time now." She pouted a bit but regained her composure. "Are you, by any chance, joining the game by the Quidditch Pitch?" Eri shuddered at this. The mere mention of the pitch sent chills down her legs. Flying - so dangerous. Well, at least they wouldn't be playing on brooms.

Football Cavell

Football ignored Attia, who was chastising him and telling him to calm down. He wasn't going to 'calm down'. He had no reason to calm down. She had no reason to tell him to calm down. If someone was going to be rude to his best friend and smack her, then he didn't think there was such a thing as an overreaction. Maybe Attia wasn't worth talking to, anyway. Hmmph.

The girl smiled at him and he stared blankly back, ignoring her half-hearted attempt at playing nice again. Feige, at least, was grateful towards him. She was talking to him and being nice. The boy beamed at his best mate and listened, until she mentioned that she had been fine on her own, and his smile slumped a bit. "Oh, well..." He was about to tell her that he could leave if she wanted him to, but she began introducing him to the first year who had been seemingly annoying her.

He supposed that Feige really was okay with these people, which made Football feel very stupid. He closed his eyes, taking a bite of tomato and shaking his head. "Yeah," he said pointedly as Feige told Attia off slightly. He watched Feige's hands move around her plate, preparing for a feast upon the pumpkin pie in front of her. He stared at his eggs and tomatoes, shrugging. He wasn't in the mood for anything but eggs, really.

Something about Attia was really bothering him. If they were going to play Quidditch together all season, he wasn't going to enjoy it very much. She squeezed between him and the first year, which he didn't appreciate, considering she had called him fat in the process. "Whatever," he said, finishing his egg and standing up. He was leaving. He didn't feel like putting up with girls right now. They were hopeless, all of them. Ugh.

Parsley

{{OOC - this table needs some ambience character love too!}}

Pattering around the tables in the kitchen a few feet below, Parsley carefully balanced the massive jug of pumpkin juice in midair, and slowly refilled all of the jugs that kept reappearing. Either there were very many little big people this year, or the little big people were actually bigger little big people and were drinking a lot of juice.

Carefully moving her hands whilst filling up a jug, one reappeared and crashed into the side of the other, causing pumpkin juice to start flying over everywhere. Panicking, Parsley hurriedly lowered the massive jug and popped onto the table to grab the jug when pop! It disappeared with Parsley up to the floor above. Suddenly finding herself being watched by many pairs of little big people eyes, she shivered a little. This was far too many peoples! This be not good at all! Slowly letting go of the jug, and clicking her fingers to clear up the mess she had made, she was about to pop back to the kitchens before anyone noticed that she wasn't doing her duty when.....

What was Turnip squeaking and looking so panicked about? Popping over to where her fellow elf was, she tried to get the elf's attention, but missed her. Returning to the Ravenclaw table, she stood by the jug and looked around the hall. "What be going on?"

Paddy

((Continued from Here!))

Paddy couldn't help but laugh hard as he watched the fur-ball fall into the bowl of sticky, red stuff. But that didn't mean that he could just stop running and watch it as it tried it's best to get out. And to see it's face as it was faced with the challenge of running while soaking wet and being red.

Paddy was having a hell of time trying to do it...but that could be because he was so short. If only that little boy would have left it in the bowl. It would have given him a lot of time to get his lead back. The lead he had before being stuck in the food from the first table.

Looking back over his shoulder once again, he saw a new participant in this chase. A house elf! Weren't they supposed to stay out of sight? I thought that was what the elves lived by.... Well that's like the pot calling the kettle black. Leprechauns were supposed to stay out of sight as well and look at what Paddy was doing.

"You'll never catch me, I'm smarter than you." he squeaked as he hopped off the second table and made his way towards the third one. Instead of finding a way on top of it though, Paddy decided to run underneath it. Dodging the feet, he made his way underneath it, trying to think of a good plan of safety. What if he hid underneath someone's cloths?

Spotting a perfect target, he sneaked as fast as he could and pulled the bottom of the robe over his head and shut his eyes. The cat would never catch him under here. *insert evil laugh*

Pepper Channing

Pepper blinked rapidly, as she stared off into space, images of giant robots, and superheroes flickered in and out of focus. Oblivious to the goings around her, she thought about which invention to work on next. She swung and kicked her feet absentmindedly, and drummed her fingers on the table.

“La de da de da!”

Pepper had to admit, the people who cooked the food here did an absolutely smashing job! For a vegetarian to have a full plate like hers was beyond unusual, and utterly impressive! Wait, was she saying something positive about Hogwarts? Was she nutters? Pepper looked around suspiciously as her housemates chattered unawares. She shook her head stubbornly. Best not to get attached. When it all came down to it, she would do whatever she could to survive in this jungle!

She felt a sudden movement near her feet and look down underneath the table? There was nothing in sight. She must have been imagining it, right? There weren’t invisible things in this place, right? Pepper resumed swinging her feet, her concentration already back to its initial line of thought.

Mrs Norris

The cat sputtered and flailed wildly in the punch bowl. She hated, absolutely hated being wet. There were reasons she tried to avoid going into bathrooms, the Herbology Greenhouses, and in general outside. Mrs. Norris yowled angrily and tried to find a grip on the slippery glass, but her claws just couldn't grab ahold of the smooth sides. She was not a happy cat and it was all that green thing's fault! It was the one that tied a shoe to her tail! It was the one that ran from her and didn't give her pleasure of trouncing it! IT was the one that led her straight into the punch! Yes, it was all it's fault.

As Mrs. Norris splashed more punch on the surround food and midgets, she suddenly felt herself being lifted up and out. Once her feet were on solid ground again, Mrs. Norris took a moment to give a curt meow of thanks to the midgets. She may have hated them, but even she knew when someone had seriously done her a huge favor. And then she was off again, leaving a trail of sticky wet droplets behind her.

For a moment, she lost sight of creature, but then she heard a high pitched squeak and spotted a flash of green. There! Stupid thing gave itself away, but it was good for her in any case. The cat ran towards where she had last spotted the thing, all the while getting nasty bits of dust and other particles stuck onto her fur. The cat was not looking forward to cleaning time tonight. In fact, she was probably too dirty to want to clean herself and that meant she had to get wet...again. Her temper flared again at the realization and her determination to catch the tiny delinquent doubled.

Mrs. Norris arrived at the spot where she was sure she had seen the thing, but where was it? The cat looked all around, but all she saw were pipsqueaks laughing and eating. The cat wasn't a cat for nothing though. Despite not being a horrid dog, she did still have a heightened sense of smell, which she put to good use. She wasn't going to stoop to the level of a dog, though, and stick her nose to the ground and overtly sniff all over. No, she was more subtle than that. A few quick sniff sniffs in the air-as iff she were turning her nose up at something-and she caught a peculiar scent. Time to investigate. Mrs. Norris's nose brought her to a particular twerp, but the thing was not anywhere in sight, yet she knew it was close. The cat poked around the edges of the many black robes, already planning the creature's demise.

(to here)

Edited by Mrs Norris

Marion Reed

Marion could barely contain her excitement. Though some of her friends ended up in other houses, a few did end up in Ravenclaw. Of course, sharing pets with Gabe would require some planning since they were in different houses, but Marion was confident they could make it work. She waved to Gabe as she sat down at the Ravenclaw table.

Marion smiled to those around her, so glad to finally have arrived at Hogwarts, and anticipating the start of classes the next day. Marion spied Willow and smiled, glad that she didn't end up where she didn't want to be, recalling their conversation on the train earlier that day.

The train ride seemed as though it was a thousand years ago, when Hogwarts was still just a place, somewhere...and now she was here. When some of her other friends got placed in Ravenclaw, Marion couldn't keep the grin from her face. When the sorting was over, she looked to the people around her and smiled sheepishly. "Hi...I'm Marion...nice to meet you," she said to the person next to her, an older student.

Tovius Westcott

After being the last to be sorted, Tovius hurried to the Ravenclaw table. He had wondered what house he would be sorted in even since learning about Hogwarts a few months ago, and Ravenclaw seemed to be the best fit for him. He sat down across from a young girl, who he heard introduce herself to another student as Marion. “Hi,” he said, to no one in particular. “I’m Tovius,” he added, figuring if people were going to laugh at his unusual name, they would have when his name was called. He looked down at the empty plates, and he suddenly realized how hungry he was. He had trouble concentrating, as his stomach was being a huge distraction.

Rhiannon Avalon

Rhiannon smiled warmly, as she bounced over to the Ravenclaw house table. This was hear house, and it seemed the sorting hat had agreed. Rhiannon was beaming; the hat had called her intelligent and creative with observatory practices and theories. She realized some of her friends were in other houses, houses more suited to their personalities. Rhiannon accepted this nodding wisely, she’d still be friends with them but she’d also make new friends.

She was soon surrounded by joyous first year students like herself, Marion and Tovius just said hi and introduced themselves. Rhiannon smiled at them “Hiya, guys! My names Rhiannon! How are you guys going?” As she waited for their reply Rhiannon glanced down the table of blue and started eating the marvelous food laid out before her.

Acton Folkard

Acton was glad at first for the quick shuffle into the blue house, after all no one else in his family had managed that one. And he wouldn't have to deal too much with Nate's torture, sure he would still get the grief, but at least it would be less subtle. And now he could run for prefects to protect him. He slid on to the bench and waited for the rest of the sorting, despite his desire to not leave Azalea alone there was still that little part of him that wanted her to get placed some place else.

He didn't need that girl following him around for the next seven years.

aap, and then she got sorted the same way, of course. Great. This will be wonderful. At least the food should be good.

Azalea Milano

She was still cold when she was finally called to the chair. Azalea sat down with pride and when it called out Ravenclaw she smiled smugly with pride. She bounced off the chair and headed towards the table. That is when she realized the only seat open was next to Octagon.

Azalea's eyes widened and narrowed as she looked at her enemy. Because of him she looked almost like a puff ball, her hair frizzed out and she was cold. She was touched by an icky squid because of him and now she was stuck with him for seven years? Where was the justice in that?

Glaring at him as she sat down, Azalea crossed her arms and she leaned over reaching for a piece of bread resisting the urge to attack him with it. She had to calm down. She didn't want them to think she was crazy or anything.

"Octagon." She said cooly. "Mind passing me the mashed potatoes." They were next to him after all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.