Gullveig

Hufflepuff House Table

Natalia Larson

OOC: Determined to get this thread some action again! Where are you Huffies? Let's eat!

BIC:

Extremely hungry after that brutal lesson in Defense Against the Dark Arts, Natalia bustled into the Great Hall and sat down at her beloved Hufflepuff house table. It wasn't quite the peak dinner time yet, so the crowd at the table was slim to none. Hopefully, more fellow Huffies will arrive a bit later.

Appearing on the table before her was a feast fit for hundreds of people. The smell alone of the large portions of food in front of her caused her green eyes to water. Natalia eagerly filled her plate with grilled chicken, creamy macaroni, and green beans for her main meal, and a scrumptious smelling treacle tart for dessert. After having cut her grilled chicken, she stabbed a piece with her fork and placed it in her mouth. As she chewed on the tender and delicious grilled chicken, she looked towards the Great Hall door to see if anyone would join her for dinner.

Fat Friar

The Fat Friar could hardly hear himself thinking ghostly thoughts to himself over the chatter and clamor of the Great Hall. It was his second favorite place to be in the castle, other than the Hufflepuff common room, of course. Here he could not only socialize with students, but also with the other ghosts. He and the Bloody Baron had had many a conversation while watching the students and staff stuffing their faces.

Sometimes the Fat Friar missed food- pastries and meat and other delicious House Elf delicacies . . . The ghost sighed as he watched everyone eating. While being a ghost wasn't as terrible as some might think, he did miss being alive at times.

But enough of that.

"I bet that's still as delicious as it was when I was a student here!" he said conversationally to a nearby Hufflepuff sitting at the black and gold table. At least others could enjoy the kitchen staff's talents even if he couldn't.

Natalia Larson

After having almost resigned herself to eating alone tonight, Natalia continued her meal in silence. As she took a sip of her pumpkin juice, a bubbly male voice rang out beside her. Surprised to her wits end, her juice spilled all over her outfit. "Ugh!" Disgusted, Natalia looked to her left to see who caused the abrupt surprise.

The Fat Friar, the Hufflepuff house ghost.

"Oh, hello, you startled me," lightly chuckling as she spoke. "Yes! The food is and always has been delicious! But.. um, sir... um, I hesitate to call you "Fat Friar", despite what people say. I would have thought it to be offensive. Even though you are... a ghost.. I am sure you have feelings?"

Natalia has always been more concerned about the feelings of others... even a ghost... more than her own. Suppose that is what makes her a Hufflepuff. Sometimes, though, caring can be a burden. She knew it all too well. Natalia received her caring nature from her mum, who is a healer. Her mum has been so focused on her patients, she forgot about the people at home - her family. Despite how much Natalia admires her mum's hard work, she wishes she saw her mum more often.

Realizing she was in a thoughtful daze, Natalia shook her head slightly.

"Sorry, um, how are you this evening, sir?"

Fat Friar

Oh dear! In speaking to the girl on his left, he'd made her spill on herself. "So sorry," he apologized. If he was, well, not a ghost, he would have cleaned it up in a jiffy. But what was he to do. Surely third years had learned the cleaning spell? Or had things really changed that much since his years as a student- fully alive and well- in the hallowed halls of Hogwarts.

He chuckled when the girl addressed him. He'd gotten used to being nicknamed for his size, even if he liked to fight the power when he was feeling particularly rebellious.

"Yes, my dear, even if I am, for all intents and purposes, dead, I do still have feelings," He replied with a smile. He enjoyed it when students had a healthy curiosity. Questions weren't only for Ravenclaws, you know! "I'm really not fat at all, don't you think?" the ghost asked, turning to he could get a look at his flab. "Just a little chubby, yes?" And no, he was not in denial.

He smiled again as the girl seemed to drift away from the conversation. Maybe he should leave> It was obvious that she was far into her imagination! But no, she spoke again. "I am perfectly wonderful. How are you, dear?" The Bloody Baron teased him for being too much like a fretting mother hen, but the Friar didn't care. He'd tell the Baron where he could put his opinions.

Well, if he weren't so nice.

Nathaniel Morgan

wasn't that weird or not... Nate ending up in Hufflepuff. Not that he cared for Heaven's sake no. He didn't. It was just weird. Guess the hat knew what it was doing after all. The little boy, smiling saw the applauds coming from the Hufflepuff table and quickly approach, watching behind his shoulder towards the Gryffindor table where his cousin Lilly was. Now that was something. Finally he was watching happy faces and welcoming mood. He sat down, trying to introduce himself to others, when he noticed right next to him a GHOST!

For a moment he stood there blinking and pinching himself secretly. He knew about ghosts, what he didn't knew however was the fact that they were able to you know...pop out of nowhere and come sit with other students. And if he had to guess this one was the Hufflepuff ghost or as his name was the Fat Friar. Nate curious enough to begin a conversation with the ghost ( like he would have another opportunity... ) he asked. "Excuse me sir, but...do you have a proper name, like John Peter or Thomas. I think it's a bit weird to just call you the Fat Friar... i don't like it. Sounds too.... general." in lack of better terms and still in shock of what had happened this night, Nate just kept staring at the ghost having a smile on his face.

"Oh excuse me, my manners...i am Nathaniel Morgan by the way. Sorry father." Wait...what.... what a blunder. His mother believed in God. And he was raised to believe in Him as well. But calling a dead priest ghost father...that was spooky and weird. Spookweird. New word! Nate blushed, changed a million of colors and just did the first thing that popped in his head. Lower his head and grabbed the salad and the rice plate in front of him. Gosh was he hungry or not!?

Joseph Parkhurst

He woke with his head feeling odd and fuzzy. A little less fuzzy after a quick shower, he had barely entered the common room before he was assailed with tales about how he (and others) had made fools of themselves at the Dustin Tieber party. It had been the punch. He heard descriptions of behavior that he vaguely recalled. He remembered it all just well enough that he knew it was the truth. He'd better find Ollie and think of say something to her.

Joseph passed his own table and walked toward the Hufflepuff table. She was there. She hadn't seen him. She would probably get up and leave the minute she did. He didn't know exactly what all he'd even said to her yesterday. He could remember being crazily in love with her. He took a seat next to her.

"About yesterday... " he started in. "I'm not usually soo..." he didn't know how to finish. He had been thinking of saying he wasn't such a jerk. But Jasper and a few others were always telling him not to be a jerk so maybe he was usually a jerk or at least a pain. "Well I am sorta sometimes but I don't usually, just... you know... kiss girls! "

There he'd said it. He had kissed a girl, a third year girl from his house but she'd been standing there at the kissing booth so that was different and he certainly wasn't going to mention that.

Ollie Tobias

Ollie was sad. Usually, she tried to eat her breakfast quickly and neatly, so that she could simply clean around under the tables and such. There was always a mess to clean! But today... She just felt so sad. After... Well... Last night, Ollie had cleaned not only the entire astronomy classroom, but the Hufflepuff common room as well. She nudged her food around a bit. That's when Joseph plopped down next to her.

Ollie turned a very deep shade of red, and peeked up at him. He was very handsome, in all truth. But something was much different about his eyes today... Now was the time for apologies. She tried to open her mouth to speak, but Joseph seemed to beat her to it.

Ollie's heart fell a bit. Okay, more than a bit. He hadn't really meant to kiss her. He was trying to apologize for...

Ollie didn't want her eyes to fill with tears. She couldn't deal with that, not now. Not while she was at a table with so many other people, she couldn't bother them with tears. She couldn't bother anyone with tears.

Why was she even crying? She should have known better- she'd either bothered this boy yesterday, or... She'd definitely bothered him. She couldn't look at him.

"I-I-I-I'm s-s-sorry, s-s-sir."

Joseph Parkhurst

Was she crying? She looked like she might be. But was she crying because she was still mad at him for what he'd done yesterday or was she crying over something he'd just said? He was confused. Girls were confusing. She hadn't acted like she liked him yesterday and had hurried off to clean. He had been given several detailed descriptions of his behavior yesterday to reinforce his fuzzy memories.

She was calling him "Sir" again too. "You have to call me Joseph. " he reminded her. "I am just not a "sir " kind of person. " "I kind of remember trying to feed you pumpkin pasties. " he confessed. "I hope you won't be mad at me for all that." He hurried on before she had a chance to say anything. " I just wondered if we could be friends. " he said.

Ollie Tobias

He wanted to be friends.

Ollie looked at Joseph. However much pain she'd caused him that night... Did he remember? He was the very first person who'd ever looked at her like... that. That was her first kiss.

Was anybody going to ever look at her that way again? Ollie felt shallow for even contemplating the matter. But here was Joseph, asking to be her friend.

Ollie didn't really have many friends. Any friends. And then there was Joseph's command - "You have to call me Joseph." It somehow made Ollie smile. It made the tears stop, and Ollie blushed once more. Quietly, the girl admitted the truth to herself - she wanted a friend, perhaps more than anything. Perhaps even more than cleaning. Only perhaps, though.

"Y-yes, p-please, J-Joseph. I-I-I w-want t-to b-be y-your f-friend, t-too, p-please."

Hester Q. Sebastian

vh 23 Feast

Hufflepuff! The hat had sent her to the yellow house. It must have known that her favorite colors were pink and yellow. At least she would be allowed to wear a little bit of yellow. Her happiness was complete when the hat called out her brother's name right after. She knew they would be together. She couldn't imagine anything else. Her cheeks blushed pink as the Hufflepuffs at the table clapped a welcome.

Just like on the train there didn't seem to be any assigned seats. She thought the school lacked organization. "Do we just sit anywhere?" she blurted out.

Annie Jones

She was overwhelmed. Annie wasn't sure what she had gotten herself into. Her deciding to take every single elective seemed to be too much. The only bright side was Sorting day. And it was much to look forward to.

Annie waited anxiously on the edge of her seat as the newest batch of ickles prepared to be sorted. She wanted one thing and one thing only. To make sure her brother was going to be with her. She wanted to keep an eye on the little irritant. And then next year, she'd have to deal with her baby sister. As soon as she heard the magical words. As soon as "Jones, Michael" was called, Annie held her breath. The minute she heard "HUFFLEPUFF!" she took a breath and smiled.

Time to find and congratulate the little monster. <3

Jarek Foxx

Ahh yes, your house will be a big part of your life - but we must remember not to let it define us! You can be whoever you want to be, no matter what house you end up in. For example, your ambitions would see you well in Slytherin, but I can tell that's not really the house for you. You're more concerned with doing the right thing, and working hard to get somewhere in the world. Your loyal and humble nature is what really defines you. HUFFLEPUFF!

-----

The cheer which erupted from the Hufflepuff table overwhelmed Jarek. None of them knew him but yet they were ready to accept him into their house. He smiled, the reaction made him realise that Hufflepuff was the right house for him. Of course he had never doubted that he would make a good Hufflepuff but it could have been a toss up between here and Ravenclaw, so imagine his surprise when the hat mentioned Slytherin. That split second when Jarek heard Slytherin whispered in his ear was perhaps the single most frightening experience of his life.

He removed the hat from his head and left the stand to join the Hufflepuff table. "Hi I'm Jarek." He said, introducing himself as he took his seat. There were still more students to be sorted so he waited for the next Hufflepuff to join.

Azalia Rod

Hufflepuff. She had been sorted into Hufflepuff, just like her father. Beaming with a smile bright as a thousand suns, Azalia walked down to sit with the rest of her housemates. She couldn’t believe it! This was going to be a great year, for sure! She sat down at the nearest empty seat she could find, breathing heavily with excitement. All the people around her seemed wonderful, and even though she couldn’t have Sallacia Crystal as a mentor, she was sure whoever turned out to be her mentor would be just as amazing.

Watching the other ickles getting sorted, Azalia cheered and clapped like a madwoman! Even for Asher Schmidt… no one was left out. The whole train incident didn’t even cross her mind for an instant after the sorting hat talked to her, she was so full of bliss. She couldn’t wait to make friends with everyone.

Hester Q. Sebastian

Hester was glad to be back at school. She had had enough of her brother and boys and had looked forward to seeing the girl friends she had made last year. She couldn't wait to get all the second year girls together and sit at the table, whispering, giggling and sharing all the things they'd done over the summer. She missed the girl friends she'd made at school last year. But the train ride had changed it all. She wanted to see her brother. The deatheater had attacked her compartment and injured several of them. She was feeling much better and had been checked out by the healer and given a potion to ease her pain and soreness as well as some of her fear. But she wanted to see Johann. She wouldn't believe he was okay until she laid eyes on him.

Hester snapped back to attention when the sorting hat called "Hufflepuff" several times in a row. Hester clapped and scooted over to make room for a new Hufflepuff. "Hi, I'm Hester. " she told the girl. "Are you glad you got Hufflepuff?" she asked. She probably didn't need to have asked the girl seemed enthusiastic enough. "You're going to like this house. " she added as the hat called Hufflepuff once more.

Annie Jones

Another year was looking a certain brunette in the face as she took her seat at the Hufflepuff table. Annie was still shaken up from her encounter on the train. She ran into Mikey, who seemed to be just fine as he chatted away with their cousins who were being sorted. She had spent the rest of the ride with Bri, comforting her and making sure she was just fine. But she never got the chance to see Joseph. As funny as it seemed, Annie needed him at the moment. The tears that were building up from the fear that so much could have happened were being saved for her pillow later that night.

Seeing everyone in her family get sorted, she cheered as Mari joined her at the Hufflepuff table. And although Gilly went to Slytherin, she still adored her cousin. While Max joined the Lions, Annie held her breathe for the most important name of all. When Maddie took her seat on the stool, Annie held her breathe. It was like a starnge sense of Deja Vu. She had done the same for Mikey. But with Gilly with the snakes, she knew anything was possible. Closing her eyes, Annie forgot to breathe. It wasn't until the hat yelled "HUFFLEPUFF!" and Annie stood clapping furiously, did she feel better. She had her brother and her sister alongside her in the house of badgers.

When it was all said and done, Annie waited and waited. The feast was as warming as always. But she couldn't help to crane her neck towards the Ravenclaws to see where the boy who captured her attention seemed to be. Turns out, Annie was missing him in all the madness of the day. Her main concern was whether or not he was alright.

Johann Sebastian

Johann thought he'd felt guilt before.

He was wrong.

There was nothing...NOTHING...like the feeling of total failure to learn that your sister had survived a Death Eater attack, clearly was more than shaken up and he'd known nothing of what was going on until after the fact.

In fact he still wasn't entirely sure how that had happened. One minute he'd been gorging himself on sweets from the candy cart with friends doing his best to ensure that Hester didn't find him and scold him for blowing so much money on candy and the next thing he remembered was being shaken awake at the Hogsmeade Platform by an Auror wanting to know if he was ok. Apparently melted chocolate on your face could look like blood in the right dim lighting - who knew?

He'd spent the next minutes scrambling to try to figure out where Hester was and if she was ok, but the best he could find out was that she'd been attacked, had been helped by Aurors and Healers and was at least ok. More than that he'd been unable to find out.

So when he entered the Great Hall for the sorting feast and spotted Hester sitting at the Hufflepuff table he wasn't sure if he should run to her or run and hide from her. But the sense of relief from just knowing that she was ok - or at least mostly ok - won out and he rushed over, sat down next to her and gave her the biggest hug he'd given her in quite a long time.

"I'm so glad to see you and that you're ok Hester!"

Gladice Pookins

Gladice walked in the room and spotted her friend Hester sitting at the Hufflepuff table talking to an unfamiliar girl. Gladice had missed Hester over the summer. She found that Hester was quite a bit like her, in the same stressed way. Gladice began to sit down on the bench, but in her rush she missed it entirely, and instead fell backwards to the flagstone floor. She stood up quickly, brushed her self off, and quickly sat down. "So what happened on the train?" Gladice asked. " I sat there under my seat eating my extra sugar wand" She said shamefully. :blush:

Arianna Wright

As head recruiter for the Adventuring club, Arianna felt it her duty to make sure that everyone knew about it, so at breakfast the morning before the club meeting, she decided to go to each of the house tables and put fliers on them. After distributing them along the Gryffindor table, she moved to Hufflepuff, carefully placing flyers every 10 feet or so.

Attention all First Years!

Do you wonder what is hidden in the deep dark depths of Hogwarts?? Do you long to discover every secret this castle has to offer? Then this is the club for you!

Introducing

The Adventuring Club

A band of witches and wizards dedicated to adventure, fun, and discovery.

First Meeting

When: After Dinner

Where: The Great Hall

Have any questions?

Talk to Greg Argos, Aara Aydelston, or Arianna Wright

Edited by Arianna Wright

James Lockwood

~~vh27~~

It was a new year and new James Lockwood. He spent a glorious summer amongst his muggle primary mates and more importantly, their new girlfriends. and their friends. With the onset of puberty and beautiful, and slightly scantily clothed, muggle girls, the Hufflepuff had a new and finer appreciation for the fairer sex. The muggles didn't know about James' less than excellent Hogwarts reputation or his fondness for farting. In fact, they thought he was a genius that went to a boarding school for the academically and artistically brilliant. Hahahaha.

But thus, James became obsessed with correcting his reputation around the magical school.

'Why am I back here again?' James thought to himself wistfully. He had a lot to do if he wanted to change girls' opinion of him.

"Sorry, one second." James held a finger up to Greta to demonstrate how mature and dateable he now was, as he didn't want to speak with his mouth full. "Yeah, I think we'll get a lot of new first years. Who wouldn't want to be a Hufflepuff? We are the best house, after all."

James shuffled uncomfortably as he fought the urge to fart and/or burp. It was always difficult to say goodbye to your first love. Sigh.

Greta Lunes-Lockwood

“James, I-oh, sorry.” Greta’s mouth closed at the motion of her friend, reminding her to finish chewing her trolley cart candy before speaking again. It had certainly been an eventful summer for both of them, although it appeared their experiences were affecting their behaviors in conflicting manners; James was actually more concerned about manners and Greta was being the rude one.

It didn’t help that her mind was somewhat preoccupied at the moment. While Greta’s heart was ever bursting with love, even she had learned to be a bit more cautious with unquestionably accepting the outwardly innocent actions of others. Or blatantly not innocent, as was the case that she had been stewing out for weeks now. Craning her neck upwards, the fourth year tried to glance over towards the Slytherin table for a certain brunette, but failed to see over the crowd.

“What?” Distracted from her original comment, the Hufflepuff swallowed the bite of Lick-O-Rish spiders that she had been ruminating on for at least twice as long as necessary before turning back to her housemate. “Oh yeah, of course. We’re definitely the best. We better get a bunch, because I made all these prize bags for them.” Greta gestured to a pile of small cellophane bags that were tied with pretty yellow and black ribbons, nestled in a box beside her on the bench. “Did you want one? I’m sure there will be extras.”

Lumina Hensley

Lumina knew that she should be paying more attention to the sorting. After all, it was a huge deal. These new Hogwarts students would be put into their respective houses, houses in which they'd be for the rest of their Hogwarts careers. They would eat with that house, go to class with that house, share a common room and dormitory with that house. It was very important and deserved her attention, but well... Food.

Food was important too.

The second year's stomach rumbled noisily and she tore into a buttered roll with her teeth. She supposed it was better this way. Last year at this time, when it was her up there in front of the entire school, she hadn't wanted the prying looks of everyone. She'd been scared and nervous, and it was a personal experience having a hat delve into your head. Lu was doing the first years a favor by not adding her eyes to the mix.

Still, Lumina added her cheers to the crowd when the sorting hat yelled out her house's name. "Great job! Congrats!" she yelled and made sure to have an empty space beside her, in case any of the new Hufflepuffs decided to take it.

Coleen Hambledon

The moment that the sorting hat spoke Hufflepuff, Coleen threw it off her head and charged towards the table, keeping her head down low and a grin plastered to her face. In truth she hadn't really cared which house she ended up in, as long as she was nowhere near Macabre Worms or any of those other scary First Years. Also, she had been placed in the same house as her brother; Cole Hambledon. A small part of Coleen was happy about this, but another part was sad; what if he wanted to pull pranks on her now? He'd easily be able to do it.

Sitting down next to the girl, Coleen grinned. "Thanks. I'm Coleen by the way and none of my friends are in Hufflepuff." She explained, realising a small pang of sadness for the first time since she had arrived at Hogwarts. Walter Ogden had just been sorted into Gryffindor which was just absolutely heartbreaking. Who on Earth was she going to annoy make happy now? Tragedy.

"Who're you?" She raised her eyebrows. If this girl was in her house then it also meant that she might be able to be Coleen's friend, even if she was older. After all, Coleen had been hanging around with a pensioner for most of her life up to now; a couple of years older was definitely not old.

James Lockwood

"Sure! Thank you, Greta!" See? So much manners. James grinned at his close friend and not for the first time that day, felt relief that this ceremony appeared to be going so much better than the Leaving Feast. The only good thing that came out of the terrifying experience was the appreciation, fondness, and even love(?) James had for all of his friends. Even Alexis and Ewan. James felt determined to show it this year. "That was very nice of you Greta to make the bags for the firsties."

When each new student got placed into Hufflepuff, James loud carrying voice and cheers rang through the Great Hall. Manners or not, James still loved yelling and being as loud as possible. Craning his neck, which no longer looked too elongated for his body, thanks puberty, James spotted a new Hufflepuff not too far from where he was sitting. Cheerfully, he spoke loudly to be heard over the cacophony of the Great Hall. "Welcome to Hufflepuff mate. Best house ever."

It was close to the Kitchens, had 6 bathrooms within reasonable walking distance and in the House itself, and the beds were the best.

Lumina Hensley

Thankfully it didn't take long for someone to slide into the vacant spot beside Lumina. She felt a wave of relief; after not making as many friends as she'd wanted to the year before, she was afraid that something was wrong with her. Did she smell? Did she not looking inviting enough? The reason eluded her. Just in case, she'd slipped one of her mum's bottles of sweet smelling spray into her trunk to take along to Hogwarts and made sure to have a smile plastered on her face as often as she could.

"Hi Coleen. I like your name. Are you happy to be in Hufflepuff? I'm sorry none of your friends are in it with you. It's okay though, really, you'll make new friends. I'm your friend now," she assured the girl with a wide grin. Maybe too wide of a grin, actually, because her cheeks were starting to hurt. Was she being too forward? Oh well, she couldn't take it back now. This was a new year and a new Lumina, and she was determined to have more buddies than last year.

Lumina stuck out her hand to shake. "I'm Lumina. I'm a second year, so I did that whole sorting hat thing last year. It was strange hearing the hat in my head. Do you remember what it said to you?" she asked.

Axel Flint

Axel knew that he should be paying attention to what was going on around him but so many things had happened since he had left for the train station that morning. One thing was that he had quite the awkward conversation with Abi. While it was almost amusing having conversations with her, he couldn't help but feel a bit different when she appeared looking rather adorable.

Why on earth was he thinking this way? A few short months ago, Axel had only thought of girls as having cooties or being good friends. That was it. Things had changed over the summer when he noticed the girls in his neighborhood for the first time and they had in return noticed him.

Then there was the fact that Ingrid had graduated and was now preparing for adulthood. Axel didn't want to grow up and wanted to remain a child forever. His thoughts were the next five school years and the electives he had to take this year when the last person was called up to the hat and sorted. "CONGRATS NEW HUFFLEPUFFS!"

At least he was supportive right? But now onto the boring speech when all he wanted to do was eat as though he was in another contest to see who could eat the most.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.