Gullveig

Hufflepuff House Table

Sarah Millister

Sarah breathed out and got up almost running to her house table. Trying to catch her breath Sarah sat down and started looking around. This was a new world to her so it caught her attention when a little man was on his knees begging a cat? Sarah couldn't help herself she had to do something. "You ok little guy?" Looking between the cat and the green man it wasn't hard to figure out something was VERY wrong. Sarah really liked cats but this one just rubbed her wrong. It just looked mean! Sarah put out her hand on reflex in front of the man "want some help?"

Edited by Sarah Millister

Elle Morofgod

Elle's mouth dropped open, resulting in her nearly choking on the oatmeal she happened to be swallowing at the same time. There was no doubt about it, this was a leprechaun. What was a leprechaun be doing in the middle of the Hogwarts? And in the middle of the Great Hall, too. She managed to swallow the oatmeal and turned to him. "Um, sure." she said cautiously. "What do you need?" She was a little hesitant to accept his request for help, but again, the Hufflepuff in her couldn't deny him.

Mrs Norris

She could smell him; she could! Now where was that thing? Mrs. Norris poked her kitty nose around the edge of the robes some more. Whoosh! The cat looked up from her nosing around at a slight disturbance in the air and came face to face with her prey. Ahha! Unfortunately for her, in that split second that it took to realize what she faced, the creature had upped itself and dashed off. Mrs. Norris ran after it, hot on its heels.

As they rouned another corner, the cat realized that they were heading back to where the whole mess had started. There at the far end was where she had been calmly observing the whole scene of the feast and imagining all the trouble the squeakers would get into before a certain something had attached a nasty, smelly shoe to her tail. Just ahead, Mrs. Norris caught sight of an interesting midget. It only had one shoe! THAT must have been the pipsqueak whose shoe had been tied to her tail! Mrs. Norris would deal with it later...but wait, the creature was headed straight for that midget. Maybe...just maybe she could kill two birds with one stone.

Mrs. Norris kept her eye on the creature as it leapt up onto the table yet again. By now, the chase had slowed a bit-both of them were tired, well at least she was. She had done a lot of running around the Great Hall and causing a lot of havoc and she wanted to just mush the creature. Actually, she would've settled for just nipping it by now. Thoughts of her own punishment or disappointment at her for her behaviour had not in the slightest crossed her mind. She was the punisher, never the punished.

Try as she might, she could not find a place to jump up onto the table after the creature. The entire bench in that area was filled with pisqueaks, chattering away, eating, and generally not paying attention to the two of them. Wait, was the thing actually pleading to her? Was it saying it was sorry? Mrs. Norris gave it a skeptical glance. It appeared to be genuinely sorry. Perhaps under normal circumstances, the thought would have never crossed the cat's mind, but she was tired and wanted to stop the chase. Her ego would not allow her to give up or to lose, but a concession from the thing? She could take that. Maybe she SHOULD stop chasing it...

Valentine Valentein

Valentine was a Hufflepuff now. For one of the first times in her life, she didn't quite know how to feel. She knew that Hufflepuffs had a rough deal. After all, the good qualities were already taken by the other Houses: bravery, intelligence, cunningness. What did that leave Hufflepuff's with? The fact that they were nice? Whenever Valentine heard the stories of great magical heroes, Hufflepuffs were always the groupies, the spectators, the ones on the sidelines. That was not what Valentine wanted.

Valentine let out a huge breath as she sat down. Her sigh sounded just like it would have if she had learned the secrets to the universe, and found out that they weren't so great after all. Hufflepuff. The young Valentein muttered her new House's name under her breath. Try as she might, it didn't sound right. Ambience was a Hufflepuff, in fact she was the first Hufflepuff the whole Valentein clan. Little Valentine couldn't imagine what that must have felt like. Still, Ambi was awesome, so that had to mean that there was some hope for this House after all. Valentine perked up a little and saw the food on the table. She suddenly realized that she was feeling famished.

As Valentine loaded up her plate with dinner, she heard a rhythmic chanting coming from the far end of her table. She listened carefully, but still couldn't quite believe her ears. "Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger, MUSHROOM, MUSHROOM" Valentine felt her familiar smile work its way back onto her face. Did her new House really own a chant that amazingly random? Were things looking up? Again, Valentine heard the chanting, this time accompanied by people beating their fists against the table in time with it. "Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger, MUSHROOM, MUSHROOM!" At the same time: bang-bang, bang-bang, bang-bang, bang-bang, BOOM-BOOM, BOOM-BOOM!"

Valentine let out a laugh. She reached into her pocket and touched her wand, Dmitri. She felt herself entering into her almost perpetual state of cheerfulness. As the chant started up again, Valentine laughed and joined in. Maybe all the stories were wrong. Better yet, all the other Houses were just jealous.

Andi Zymine

What a beautiful, wonderful, magical day! She was back at Hogwarts! Tomorrow's going to be great too, Andi could tell it was going to be a good day. Oh great...now it's not going to be since she's cocky. Just watch, she'll fall over a few times before getting to her first class, she'll be the victim of a spell gone ary...then she'll be in the hospital wing for the rest of the day. Maybe it won't be that dramatic.

Andi sat down next to her fellow classmates at the Hufflepuff table for some breakfast. It was her third year at this school and never for a moment, has she regretted coming to Hogwarts. Not one moment. It's an amazing school with amazing people. How amazing. :) Andi remembered her first meal at this Hufflepuff table. The food just appeared! It was so weird, but a cool weird. She sat closer to the end of the table, and ate some chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, chocolate cake...the works. It was so delicious, she could barely move when she had finished. One other thing she remembers about that night was her disappointment. Her disappointment of being placed in Hufflepuff. She just felt worthless; as if she was just an extra.

She's grown since then. Hufflepuff is the best house to be in, especially for her. Who wouldn't love being with a group of people who are so friendly and inviting? It's not like Slytherin. Honestly, she wasn't too disappointed the night of the sorting...once she got back to the Common Room. It was awesome! So warm and friendly. Then, she met her best friend, Devin. If she wasn't placed in Hufflepuff, she probably wouldn't have met him. They've gotten extremely close since then, until he left.

Andi watched as the new Hufflepuffs entered the table, as she clapped and greeted them.

Ally Castillo

It was a sunny Monday morning in the first few weeks of June when Ally sat down at the long hufflepuff house table in the great hall for some lunch and got a great surprise. She had just reached across the table to grab one of her favorite things, an apple when through one of the large windows a group of mail owls came swooping in.

Usually Ally didn't pay any attention to the owls bringing in the mail. She never ever got mail, except around her birthday of course. So she really wasn't expecting it when one of the school owls plopped right down in front of her and lifted up his leg showing her the letter tied to his leg. She looked at him curiosly, wanting to ask him if he was sure he had found the right person. But of course it would be silly to ask an owl anything really, its not like he could answer.

So she carefully, and gently intied the note from his leg and started to open it. She stopped though when the owls beak nudged against her hand and he blinked at her expectantly.

"Oh, of course. I'm sorry." She said, rubbing the top of his head with the back of her knuckles quickly and then grabbing a small crust of bread and feeding it to him. It was no mouse but it seemed to do and he flew off with the rest of the owls that were now flying out, having sucessfully completed their missions.

Then she tore open the letter and found it was from her mother.

My dearest daughter,

Hope you are doing well. I trust that you are studying and working hard in those classes. I do not want another bad term from you young lady. Good luck on your exams this week. I know you were not expecting any letter from me so I hope this is a welcome surprise but I had some wonderful news for you. I wanted to let you know that we will be spending the summer in London this year. I thought it would be a great fun for the two of us to spend some time with our family and see some of the city as well. We've been invited to a soltice party with your cousins and Nana Petrenko as well. Make sure you tell Astrid hello when you see her. Anyway my dear, I will see you next week on the platform to pick you up and we're drive out to the lodge together. That will be much nicer then having to sit on another train to Durham now won't it. I love you and I shall see you soon.

Love,

Mum

P.S. I hope to see all EE's and O's!!

Ally smiled at the note from her mother. This summer suddenly sounded a lot more exciting then she thought it would be. She would get to see her cousins and Nana and hopefully spend some time with some friends from school too. London for the summer would be glorious.

Eldnak Milner

((Starts the new year!))

Eldnak's grin was still from ear to ear as the food magically appeared in front of him and he was still staring at Weasley and waiting for him to say 'Gotcha'. Surely, this couldn't be happening! Ten years, an entire DECADE, without the Tournament being held and he was not only lucky enough to see it take place but was also lucky enough to possibly participate in it. He knew for a fact that his name would be entered. The thought of all the fame and praise that he would get if he got selected as one of the four Hogwarts Champions, not to mention if he won it!

He couldn't help but picture in his head, the cup being raised above his head and seeing Astrid run down to greet him with a big kiss. Not that, that would actually happen. He highly doubted that she would kiss him in front of the entire school. Not to mention, the fact that he wasn't entirely sure what was going on between them. Even with his late night excursion to her house.

Turning his attention to the food, there was only one thing that people were discussing around the table and for good reason. How often could someone tell their kids that they had been a part of 'history' well unless your name was Harry Potter or Neville Longbottom. Glory hogs!

A Hufflepuff really needed to get some fame and not the kind of fame that comes just because you were killed. God rest his soul. The kind of fame that came with winning and actually staying alive to celebrate the win. Something that Eldnak would be happy to bring the house. Yep!

"I'm still in absolute shock!" Eldnak said to the table. "I never expected that I would actually be at Hogwarts to witness the Tri-Wizard tournament! Too bad about Quidditch being canceled, though."

Ali Killingsworth

Ali was still quietly brooding over her tragic loss with the company of mashed potatoes before her mentor, sitting a few seats over across from her spoke up. Normally, the little blonde girl was quiet and reserved, kept to herself rather nicely, but Eldnak was totally getting the wrong idea from that opening speech. There were much bigger problems than Quidditch floating around here! Didn't anybody even hear that their most glorious professor would be absent this year?

With Eldank's open-ended statement, the burgeoning socialite of a Second Year popped up to give her own opinion, albeit, a tad over-dramatic.

"What? QUIDDITCH? Is that all you can think about at a time like this?" the little blonde protested, standing from her seat. The noise around her dwindled a bit, mostly from the First Years, but the other tables seemed unaffected by her outrage. Before she could even elaborate on her question, that very silence reached her ears, the murmur and ruckus from the other tables so deafening she couldn't hear it.

She calmly retook her seat, a pair of red patches slowly inching across her cheeks on onto her ears. First Year Ali was back after that outburst, and she was very interested in her mashed potatoes.

Alexi Lane

Alexi for a second sat on the stool even after the sorting hat announced where she was going to spend the next seven years of her life. Hufflepuff sounded great, she had nothing against them, but current Quidditch cup winners? Didn’t that hat understand she wanted to be known for her brains, not her sport ability. Shaking thoughts of the hat not listening to her she slid off the stool and headed towards the table that was clapping.

Yellow and black wasn’t so bad, she quite liked the colours, and there were a few people she had met on the train at this table too. She looked around for Wallie but didn’t see him down the table. It then hit her that he wasn’t in Hufflepuff either. Slightly saddened she watched the rest of the sorting waiting for some of the people she met to come sit with her.

When the sorting ceremony finished the Headmaster spoke, and to Alexi’s relief...or later her disappointment, there was to be no Quidditch this year since there was to be a tri wizard tournament. She had no idea what that mean, but hopefully she could stay out of it and focus on her grades. It wasn’t like she was taking Geography anymore, she needed to work hard on this magic thing and sports would only get in the way.

Once the booing and the cheering died down food appeared with a pop. Alexi’s eyes grew wide as she poked the food with a fork. “How?What?” She muttered still in shock. There wasn’t a line for a lunch lady, or servants, or anything really. It just appeared. Looking under the table she expected to see a trap door or something that would allow food to pop up. But nothing. This was going to be one of the greater mysteries for her.

Since no one else seemed bothered by the food just appearing she closed her mouth that was hanging open and did as everyone else did. There were normal foods all about, turkey, pies, and then there were the unusual for her – pumpkin juice, chocolate frogs, and more. All this was too much excitement for her in just one day. To her relief an older student started calling for all first years. Sliding off the bench she followed the other first years towards the girl, not really sure what was happening. Alexi hoped they’d be shown the dorms. All she really wanted to do now was sleep.

Ally Castillo

Ally was just a little bit in shock. She had not expected any of this news. First, Quidditch was cancelled? She really didn't care too much about that, she didn't play and had no interest in playing really. She had enjoys watching a game every now and then but it wasn't a past time of hers.

Second, Professor Longbottom was gone? Did he get eaten by his own monster plants and they'te trying to cover it up or something? She had a hard time believing he'd found something better to do then teach. It always seemed like that was his life. Making third years lives absolutely terrifying. She may have been a little bitter.

Oh well.

But the biggest piece of news, was the Tri-Wizard Tournament. What?! She never dreamed she'd get to see such a sight. She'd read stories about the last time, and heard about it from her Mum. It had been spectacular to see. Of course this time there would only be three and none of them would be Harry Potter, but who knows maybe some one from her house would get to compete.

She was glad she wasn't a fifth year, because then she wouldn't be tempted to put her name in. She looked around to see who might be in the running. But the only older student around her happened to be Eldnak. They hadn't gotten off to the best foot when they met over the summer. But perhaps it would all be forgotten by now. She was over it, she'd seem Britney since then and they had been fine. So maybe he was over it too. Besides, he really didn't know her.

Plus, she was pretty sure he was close with his cousin, chances were they'd have to be nice to each other some day.

"Eldnak, so are you thinking about putting your name in?" She asked.

Allegheny Stevens

"I had a dusting right before I was put in front of you, thanks!"

Ally jumped slightly at the sound of the voice in her head. She glanced around to see if anyone else had heard it. Everyone was still staring at her, however, and Ally cast her eyes upward. I'm going crazy, she thought. Demetri warned me this was going to happen and I didn't believe him. Great, just great. I've been here less than an hour and already I'm heading off to the looney bin!

"In any case, I see a charming young lady in front of me, calm-headed and tactful."

Ally snorted. Yeah, she was calm-headed alright. She could just picture the letter Nana would recieve sometime in the next day: "Dear Mrs. Stevens, it is our deepest regret to inform you that your grandchild, Allegheny Stevens, has been judged mentally insane. We have been advised by highly qualified professionals to lock her away for the rest of her days in a mental-care facility. Yours sincerly, Head of the Hogwarts School."

Her life in a nutshell.

"You're loyal and willing to do anything for your friends – you might want to consider putting yourself first sometimes, actually! You are very much a people-person, and people are going to love you. HUFFLEPUFF!"

When the last word was announced to the occupants of the Great Hall, Ally realized belatedly that it was the hat on her head that had been talking to her. Oh. She felt incredibly stupid at that moment, and was quite glad no one else could read her thoughts. That would be too embarrassing to even bear thinking about. She hopped down from the hat and stepped down off the platform.

Now that that little fiasco was out of the way, Ally let the reality of what the hat had said sink in. It thought she belonged in Hufflepuff. She thought of all the things she had heard about the house. Not much, if truth be told. Most of the other students she had talked to were more interested in the other houses. They had just mentioned that the house of badgers was known for being just and loyal.

Ally looked at the table of students in yellow and black. Most looked back with acceptance in their eyes. She sighed in relief. This was a house that wouldn't judge her too harshly if she screwed up. They'd take her for what she was and give just as much back in return.

She found a space just large enough for her to squeeze into somewhere along the middle of the table. She sat down, taking care to tuck her robes in behind her, and turned to watch the last of the sorting. When at last it was finished, a man at the adult's table stood up. The hall immediately fell silent.

Confused as to who this man was that he could garner such attention, Ally turned to the nearest student. "Who's that man?"

The student, a boy, looked suprised. "That's Professor Weasley, the headmaster." He sounded as if everyone should know who the man was." A real nutter, but don't tell anyone I said that. His grandkids attend Hogwarts and they'll jinx me quick as anything if they knew I'd said that."

"Your secret's safe," Ally promised, turning back to listen to the headmaster. He introduced a few new teachers and announced that one of the professors, a Mr. Longbottom, would not be back this term. People along the Hufflepuff table expressed some disappointment: apparently this Longbottom fellow was quite popular with the students.

After making an announcement about some tournament, Professor Weasley sat down. Almost instantly, the plates in front of Ally filled with food. She looked at it in surprise. How'd that happen? Nana would definitely like that trick. She took a couple of helpings of several items in front of her.

"So," she said to no one in particular, "What's this whole tournament thing about?"

Edited by Allegheny Stevens

Eldnak Milner

Eldnak stared open-mouthed at his mentee. What had gotten into her this Summer? Did she get a new personality blown into her? Never, would he have believed that the timid first year that he had met last year would stand up and basically yell at him and cause the entire table to quiet down. Scaring most of the first years to jump in freight. Silly little midgets.

"Calm down, Ali!" Eldnak said, amused. "No need to get so worked up over it. You know for a fact that I couldn't stand that hack of a teacher, Longbottom." Okay, maybe she didn't. But if she didn't, then she knows now. He wasn't afraid to let the whole entire world know that Longbottom was the worst teacher in the history of teachers and all the first years should consider themselves lucky to not have to deal with that ego-driven loser.

"Besides, I'm not really worried about there not being any Quidditch. I think people can deal with that for a year. The Tournament is the only thing I care about." Eldnak stated again, his excitement still being hard to contain. "Of course I am! I don't think anyone can stop me from entering." his attention turned towards Ally, the girl who he had met during the Summer. He ignored the fact that the last time they spoke, it was not in the greatest of situations. If she didn't bring it up, he wasn't either.

He wasn't mad at her, anyways. Nor was he mad at Britney, to be honest. Let's just chalk it up to teenage hormones and his parents being butt holes. Okay? His attention was then caught by a little ickle. Or midget. Because they were REALLY short. No way in the world he was that short when he got sorted. It looked as if a good flick would send them flying across the room.

"The tournament is very rare! As you heard Weasley say, it hasn't been held in a decade. It's a series of tasks that will test each competitor. They'll be champions chosen from Hogwarts, Durmstrang, and Beauxbatons. The last two are other Magical schools. Believe me, the tournament is going to make up for not having any Quidditch!"

Allegheny Stevens

"The tournament is very rare! As you heard Weasley say, it hasn't been held in a decade. It's a series of tasks that will test each competitor. They'll be champions chosen from Hogwarts, Durmstrang, and Beauxbatons. The last two are other Magical schools. Believe me, the tournament is going to make up for not having any Quidditch!"

Ally wanted to tell the fifth year boy who had answered her question that she didn't give two hoots about Quidditch, but decided he might not take too kindly to such a remark. She forked a helping of mashed potatoes in her mouth thoughtfully. This tournament sounded pretty neat. It wasn't like Ally was going to enter or anything, of course, because that would be plain stupid. She had no knowledge of any sort of spell and besides that, the Headmaster wouldn't allow it. It'd be neat to be a spectator though.

"What's Durmstrang and Beauxbatons?" she asked the fifth year boy. He seemed to know what he was talking about. "I kind of gather that they're like Hogwarts, but there's got to be more to it than that."

Ali Killingsworth

"HACK? Who are you calling a hack!?" Ali snarled back at her mentor. "Professor Longbottom was a beautiful man of a professor who worked very hard here at Hogwarts and taught us lots of things about, uh, well, plants! Like the Sakura Tree and, and, and stuff!" Well that was a convincing arguement, Ali. Eldnak would surely fall for such eloquent words!

The little blonde pouted at her spot on the bench. She could care less about this Triwizard stuff. It sounded like something intrinsically designed to keep the students from their studies in yet another way, and maybe kill off a few people as an added bonus. Surely her mentor would agree with th-

"You can't sign up for it, Eldnak!" the Second Year protested. "Didn't you just hear Headmaster Weasley? They're trying to kill you! Besides, it's not like you'll get anything out of winning like money or something!" This was an interesting development in the character of Ali. A year had passed since she was the shiest girl of them all, tugging gently on Eldnak's arm to inform him of her presence. Now, she was openly debating him in the Great Hall. Evidently, becoming a "woman" changed a few things about a person.

"Now if there was money, I'd consider it," she mumbled, as if conversing to her dinner plate. It was nice to know that at least Ali was still shy enough that she was rather narrow-minded, only talking to Eldnak and her potatoes. What? There were people around her? No, she was pretty sure that wasn't the case.

Francesca Harrison

Fran had grinned back the eyes that had been watching her as the sorting hat called for her join her Hufflepuff mates, and so she did. Bouncing all the way, Francesca Harrison plopped down next to a fellow first year. Oh, she couldn't wait to write to her mum and dad! She wondered what they would say? She was barely listening when she started to hear the fuss of this tourney thing...Fran's minds flipped back to her reading. Did they mean jousting? Isn't that a little dangerous, she thought, and then went to wonder how it would go with magic. She let her mind wonder, getting lost in her thoughts for not the first time this night.

Alexi Lane

It was a few weeks after the sorting ceremony, and Alexi had been enjoying her new found freedom. Things like staying up all night, eating candy non-stop, and bouncing on her bed. It was awesome to be able to do everything she could never do at home. Plus, she learned a new spell. She could now do the auto-focus spell for telescopes. How awesome was she? Very!

Unfortunately, with all this freedom comes learning experiences. Alexi had stayed up late the night before and was now trying to stay awake. Every now and then she’d started to nod off. Her eyes would close and she would lean forward inching closer to her porridge and then she catch herself and open her eyes. When she was awake she’d eat a bit of her breakfast while trying to keep awake. It wasn’t easy for her

Looking around and blinking a few times she tried to reach for what she thought was orange juice a few places down. “Could you please pass the orange juice?” She asked, however she didn’t realize that it was pumpkin juice. It wasn’t expected that they have pumpkin juice at every meal, she thought it was maybe like a treat or something.

Adele Babineaux

{The boy is Kaoru <3}

Adele did not know whether or not she was expected to sit alongside her fellow Beauxbatons students, but she had no intention of doing so. Her eyes traced the foreign hall carefully in an attempt to spot somewhere that looked welcoming. One table, dressed in a shade of yellow, stood out. The people sat around looked friendly enough, and they weren't as clamorous as the other tables. Walking over, Adele picked out her victim at random and made a beeline towards him.

"May I seet 'ere? Merci." She never even gave the boy a chance to reply before squeezing in next to him, possibly causing brief discomfort. After a little rear-end readjusting, however, Adele found herself to be quite snug and comfortable. "My name ees Adele Babineux. Eet ees nice to meet you." Perhaps her face suggested otherwise, but Adele was actually pleased to be talking to a different person for a change. Not only that, but he was from Hogwarts. Oh, and what was that? There was a glimmering badge which labelled this boy a 'prefect'. Adele guessed that those were the British equivalent of a state representative, and she smiled before nodding at him with her approval.

Adele could only assume that they were allowed to begin eating, and so she grabbed a plate from across the table and placed it in front of her before eyeing up the food with a hint of caution. A very picky eater, was Adele. She could not eat chicken off the bone without being absolutely revolted; it had to be filleted or in thin slices. Her pasta had to be of the penne variety, and she preferred skimmed milk instead of whole milk. At Beauxbatons, she knew what food she liked and what she didn't like, but here...goodness knows who made it and what it contained!

"I am not sure where to start! I am very, er, difficile. what would you suggest I 'ave?" Adele asked the boy beside her, readjusting her rear once more.

---Merci - thank you

---Difficile - difficult

Kaoru Li

Kaoru was eying the Triwizard Tournament Cup the entire time, his heart beating slightly. With the arrival of the foreign students, the cup had been revealed and the possibility of entered loomed evermore over his head. It was nerve wracking, to say the least. First of all, it would be highly out of character for him to enter into such a dangerous competition. Being the kind of boy who avoided danger when necessarily, why on earth would he put his name into a tournament that would only mean an increasing chance for a serious heart attack? But for some absurd reason, Kaoru was seriously considering it. He could prove himself to Shay and to the rest of the school that he wasn't just the same cowardly boy that had entered into Hogwarts six years ago.

... Well, maybe he was, but it wasn't that bad now!

Sighing softly, Kaoru began to fill his plate with food, loading the usual familiar food, a particular pasta that looked rather good, and placing little bits of some unfamiliar dishes onto the edge of his place to try. With the visitors here, Hogwarts was going to have an increase of strange, foreign dishes at their meals which would be interesting to try, as long as they don't take away the familiar stuff too.

Just as he was about to reach for the Parmesan cheese, someone suddenly squished into the space right next to him after a quick, "May I seet 'ere? Merci." Jolting slightly in surprise, Kaoru immediately shuffled a bit to the side to give the girl room and then proceeded to stare at her. That's when he noticed that he didn't recognize her at all, which meant she was most likely one of the visitors. Those Beauxbaton robes helped give that away too. "My name ees Adele Babineux. Eet ees nice to meet you." She said, introducing herself.

Flushing nervously, Kaoru gave her a grin and held out his hand to shake. "H-Hi. I'm K-Kaor..." He swallowed before trying again. "I'm Kaoru Li, it's really nice to meet you. Welcome to Hogwarts." He said, succeeding in sounding less like a dork this time. He turned to the food when she did and glanced his eyes over the dishes available. She was difficult? A picky eater? Erm... what did French people not mind eating? "Do you enjoy calamari?" He asked, pointing to a plate near them.

Anton-Luc Roux

All these different coloured-robes.

Why did anyone at Hogwarts not go crazy?

Anton-Luc was a big fan of the powder blue robes, especially since everyone else at Beauxbatons was wearing them. But at Hogwarts, apparently you can wear different colours? Were the different colours supposed to represent your mood for that day? It was all too confusing. But, this different colours thing did make it somewhat easier for Anton-Luc to pick a table to sit at. He needed to make sure that he stood out at the table (because he didn't stand out enough already, being a foreigner and whatnot), but not clash with the people around him.

And it was kind of an easy decision, since Anton-Luc was not really into fashion at all. Though, Hogwarts could use a lesson or two about french fashion. All of these plain clothes...gross. They needed to go more bold! More avant-garde, even. Maybe Anton-Luc could introduce french fashions to Hogwarts. Actually, better scratch that. It would be too difficult of a job.

Sitting down at the table of yellow, Anton-Luc smiled. At least Paul had followed him, so he wasn't the only one sitting at the table. The two boys were attached at the hip too much. It was quite unhealthy. "'Ello!" Anton-Luc greeted everyone, before surveying around the table. "Pleez zell me. Why do you wear ze different coloured-robes?" Anton-Luc asked the nearby Hufflepuff. Maybe they meant something special?

Or maybe he was right and it all represented their mood. The weird thing, though, was that everyone was segregated by colours. They MUST mean something.

Paul Prescott

Paul was actually more inclined to sit with the blue robed people. They had blue robes and so did her. Sure they were different shades and all.... but he didn't mind some familiarity at this time. Though he wasn't going to leave his buddy hanging and sitting without him. Paul would rather have the familiarity of a friend than just a simple color of the robes. Plus the yellow robed kid table didn't look so bad.

He followed Anton-Luc to the table and sat down. "Bonjour!" Paul followed in greeting with a friendly wave. Maybe some of these students would become good friends of his... or perhaps even his opponent if they were chosen as champions.

The blond snorted at his friend's question. "Eeet is very important question." He told them with a serious nod. Though, Paul was curious as well. He obviously didn't read the 'Hogwarts: A History" book his grandparents had sent once they had heard Paul would be visiting the wizarding school they graduated from.

Shane Banagher

All these new people! Shane looked around wide eyed as he shoved some eggs into his mouth. He was never a fan of eggs but right now he didn't care. All these new faces, it was like sorting all over again! They were all here for this thing called the Tri-Wizard Tournament. Shane didn't know what that was exactly but he knew he was too young to participate. He had been watching younger kids throw their names in and horrid things happen to them... so he was going to do it the smart way and have an older student enter his name.

Moving onto toast with some butter on it Shane jumped when he heard an unfamiliar accent. Those new students were sitting with them to eat! This was perfect! He could convince one of them to put his name in the cup. That way no house points would be lost and he would have his name in the cup!

Listening to them talk was the best. He loved their accents! Sometimes he didn't understand a word they were saying but that was mostly because he only spoke English.

"The colors?" Shane looked around and realized what they were talking about. "Oh! So when we first get here we are sorted into different houses. It's a way to keep better track of all of us. Also you are put with people that you have a lot in common with. The colors, animals, and things are a way to keep the houses together." Shane took a drink from his glass of water. "We are all wearing yellow because we are all in the same house." Shane really hoped he had explained it right.

Teagan Rourke

This was not at ALL how Teagan had thought this whole Tournament thingy would go. No. The foreigners weren't supposed to be sitting at the table... RIGHT WITH HER! No. Hogwarts had a long, long history of separating people into their appropriate tables and that was that. Now, here Teagan sat, among her Hufflepuff housemates with BLUE PEOPLE around her. Ugh. Their crazy accents. At least she could sort of understand the Durmstrang people. Or at least she thought she could. She hadn't actually spoken to them, but when this whole dodgy business of people coming to the castle had come up, she'd taken their side. The French couldn't be trusted all that bad, but all the e's and z's were killing her ears.

Stabbing at her salad (one of the few things she recognized as a safe food), Teagan listened to the people around her. While the questions were probably legitimate, Teagan was saved from speaking by the people around her. Kaoru mentioned calamari and Teagan looked over at it, waited for an answer, heard none, and unceremoniously stabbed a piece of squid and chewed on it a bit harder than she needed to. HA! Take that for ignoring a prefect's riviting question!

Having them so close to her wasn't allowing her time to make a decision about them at all. She wanted to be fair and objective, but it just wasn't happening. Chewing on some more salad while trying not to sulk Teagan reached for a roll and shoved it in her mouth. Maybe if she could keep things in her mouth she'd avoid saying something awful.

Cataline Ambroise

How interesting Hogwarts was! The Great Hall (which is what they called the large room they ate meals in) was very grand, Cataline supposed, for the school. It was rather amazing. How it could hold this many students was spectacular. And now, with all of the extra students from Durmstrang and her own esteemed school, Beauxbatons, it was even more interesting and amazing to her.

It seemed that all of the students had specific seating arrangements. When they entered the Hall, certain students went right, others went left. Cataline followed suite with the rest of her school and sat at the table with students who had yellow lining to their black robes. Speaking of the robes...how hideous. Black robes? How plain! Beauxbatons robes of powder blue silk were much more stylish and comfortable. Though probably not exactly practical for the weather at Hogwarts. But that is why they invented cloaks no?

"Pardon mee" Cataline interrupted politely, "but may I sit 'ere?" After a few seconds, she sat down anyway. The food was terribly extravagant. Much like what she was used to. But from the looks of the little girl next to her, who looked rather angry while she ate a different variety of food, it was much more than what they were used to. Before she introduced herself though, Cataline took a little bit of food from different plates in the center of the long table.

The benches were very uncomfortable. Couldn't they provide their students with chairs like the professors had? Those looked rather comfortable. Cataline shifted awkwardly as she looked for something else to taste. There! There were some tasty looking desserts on a tray. However it was just out of reach and since stretching across the table to get something was rude (and as a guest, it would be doubly so) she would have to ask someone else to retrieve the tray for her.

"Excuse mee." Cataline interrupted politely again, tapping the person next to her on the shoulder. "Could you pass mee zat tray over zer? Ze one with ze dezzerts on eet?" Would they? Cataline dearly loved her sweets!

Adele Babineaux

After shaking Kaoru's hand with a smile, Adele looked at the 'calamari' in front of her with a curious eye, and considered it briefly before some rude girl stuck her fork right in to it. Without a word, Adele turned to the girl and observed her. She definitely had a problem, and by the looks of it, she had a problem with her and her fellow classmates that had also just taken a seat on the hufflepuff table. If anyone should have a problem, it should have been Adele. Being around people like this was not good for her temper, and the way that she was shoveling food into her beastly trap was, quite frankly, revolting.

"excuse-moi..." Adele said to the prefect, before turning swiftly to face the monster. "Do you 'ave a problem? I cannot 'elp but feel zat you do." the french girl asked with a sharp tone. Problems could be resolved if the people who had them were made a fool of and then banished. There was something else that Adele was dying to say, and she tried her best to refrain until she could not stand it not longer. "And do you realize zat ze more you eat, ze fatter you get?"

Without another word, Adele turned to face her more friendly host. "Je suis désolé. Bonjour, Kaoru. Zat name ees quite unique. I like eet. I am going to eat some of zees!" she offered excitedly, before placing a scoop of baked beans on to her plate. After munching for a little while, Adele spoke again. "Zees castle ees very large! Where ees ze dueling chamber?"

Excuse-moi - Excuse me

Je suis désolé - I am sorry

Bonjour - Hello

Edited by Adele Babineaux

Teagan Rourke

She'd been touched. One of the Blue-ies touched her. Trying her hardest to not recoil from the touch, Teagan looked as close to curiously at the girl as she could manage. Tray? With desserts? Oh right. Teagan swallowed her mouthful, nodded slowly as she glanced at the girl and passed the tray to the requester. See? She could do this. They were just... people. People in blue with funny accents. Ok, this would work so long as she vaguely understood them.

Apparently her calamari stabbing was about to be avenged as one of the girls next to Kaoru spoke up. Hmm, she was hitting on some truly fascinating points indeed. Maybe she was psychic? Maybe she had that special skill that some people could learn but Teagan had no idea what it was called because that would require caring about it. The best part was, if the girl truly WAS psychic, then she'd know that the problem lie not with the foreigners, but in Teagan's own knowledge that she was the one having the problem. Honestly, what was the point in trying to make someone mad at another when they were more upset about themselves and the situation they were put in.

Also, this girl didn't know that Teagan had become used to the likes of Julian and Juliet and therefore insults were required to be of a very high caliber than most people could muster. And calling Teagan fat was just, well, stupid. Self centered people weren't apt to be insulted by the likes of perfect strangers. Besides, the girl' schoolmate had just asked for the TRAY of dessert to be handed her way. Obviously she was just going to vomit it up later if this other girl's logic was correct and Teagan was fat for eating salad and rolls. Ugh. Frenchies were sooo overrated.

And obviously bulimic.

Feigning a yawn, Teagan looked at the girl for a brief moment, "Fascinating observation. I'm sure a dull wit like that's really going to help you against a dragon." She squinted a little, "Oh, I'm sorry, or did you just come to just be a cheerleader and not an actual Champion?" Bah, long way to come to not seek glory. Even Teagan could see that about these people. They all seemed to be foaming at the mouth for a chance to look stupid in front of as many countries as possible.

No matter, the girl was back to fawning on Kaoru and Teagan was left with her salad that was making her fat while the girl next to her presumably noshed an entire plate of sugary concoctions. How much long were they required to be here trying to work on "international magical cooperation?" She'd done plenty for the day in her mind.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.