Gullveig

Slytherin House Table

Chesna Mercer

She was too nervous to eat! For one of the few times in her life she was nervous. She needed to knock it off. Think happy thoughts she told herself. Her mum would be so proud of her right now getting sorted into Slytherin. Her mum and dad hardly noticed her existence most o the time unless she was getting in their way or doing something wrong. Perhaps they would send her some sweets and maybe they would even get an owl after she wrote them to tell them the news. She would definitely try to press them for an owl. After all she did just get the house they wanted her to, it was really the least they could do for her. Although, she almost got Ravenclaw. That was a rather shocking turn of events. Not that there was anything wrong with Ravenclaw. Actually there was one major thing wrong with Ravenclaw and that was Delia Mercer! Chesna wasn't sure she she could tolerate her for another three years! A couple of hours on the train was enough thank you! She hoped that next year when Delia's sister got sorted she wouldn't get Slytherin. Livi was almost as bad as Delia.

Chesna felt something hit her head. She looked around, curious as to what it could have been. Thinking it was only her imagination, she continued pushing her food causally around her plate while eavesdropping on the people sitting across from her. Then it happened again. Puzzled, she looked at the small object that had just hit her in the head and rolled onto the bench next to her. She picked it up, only to discover it was a PEA! She took another good look at the others sitting around her when. She felt another one hit her square in the forehead when she gazed a few seats down to spot RHETT MERCER! Her blood boiled. She had completely forgotten he was a Slytherin! Great! The king of all gits was in her house! Well that just plain ruined everything! On top of it all he was throwing peas at her! She glared at him. She grabbed a roll out the basket in the middle of the table. She broke off a piece of it underneath the table. She waited patiently until he turned to talk to the guy next to him when she seized her opportunity. She aimed and fired! She watched as the piece of roll flew through the air and hit her intended target. That's right. Game on, Rhett

Edited by Chesna Kaiser

Finlay Barclay

The thing that had surprised Finlay as much as Ady making prefect was the fact that not even her own brother had known about it. He wondered when she would have spilled it to him if he hadn't walked into the prefect compartment with her. Her family would know now that he spilled the news to Rhett. Speaking of Rhett, the little imp was pushing his way into a spot next to Finlay. Finlay wondered what he wanted. He didn't have a chance to find out. He was distracted by a girl saying "not you !" Finlay recognized her at once. It was the girl that had frozen him solid with a wave of her wand and made him come crashing down on some first year and very nearly on Professor Oswald.

"What do you mean "not you"? " he asked her quietly but with a threatening under tone. "It was't me that used an imobilizing spell on you now was it? " he asked her. "I'll probably be in trouble with Oswald all year for the trouble you caused in there. " he said. He knew she hadn't caused the trouble alone. The little trouble maker Meggison had done her fair share. He would have found some reason to take points from Daryl if she hadn't been in his own house.

Finlay was distracted by food whizzing past his face. He elbowed Rhett saying , "knock it off. You're supposed to eat it, not play with it. " he told his girlfriend's brother. Rhett's intended victim returned fire just as he finished speaking. "See what you started. " he growled.

"Now, now behave Slytherins!" he said out loud. "We are supposed to be setting an example for these new first years. " He looked around. "You don't see Mortimer here throwing food at the feast. Mind your manners. This boy just introduced himself as Mateo." he pointed out. "I'm Finlay. " he told the boy. "and this is Rhett. C'mon introduce yourselves. " he said to the others around him. Why was it Slytherins couldn't be nice. The Hufflepuff table was practically mobbing every new first year with affection.

Mortimer Nece-Dorland

In order to do this Mortimer would have to do his part. This shouldn't be an issue considering there were plenty of house points to get from both classes and doing all his owls. Owls. The thought of it made him want to go to sleep and wake up a year from now with him having already taken those troublesome exams. There should be to much to worry about. The thing that was bothering him the most was the process of getting to that point which would most likely mean spending all his waking and sleeping hours studying.

As an afterthought he said, "Welcome to Slytherin. The best house there is. My name is Mortimer Nece." On that note Mortimer started to eat the food which he had put on his plate absentmindedly while talking to everyone around him. He still couldn't believe it had been just a few years ago when he sat there not speaking to anyone but Silvia or Benji while letting everyone else do the talking.

Boy things have changed since then.

When Finley mentioned him setting an example Mortimer replied, "I could start throwing food if you wanted me to. I guess listening to one of my best friends talk non-stop on the train made me to exhausted to lift a finger unless it meant shoving food into my face and not on the ceiling. Laughing a little he continued saying, "I am sure you are excited about becoming part of this house but calm down a little. We don't want to start off the year being in the negative numbers with house points."

Edited by Mortimer C. Nece

Tybalt

Tybalt has awfully proud of himself for having made it all the way down to the Great Hall from Oswald's office. It had taken him days, and now he was here where all the food was! He was so excited that his little tail wiggled in anticipation. Maybe someone would drop an apple slice, or even better, a strawberry! He trudged diligently and determinedly forward until he was underneath the Slytherin table.

He made his way slowly along the length of the great table, stopping to snap up any dropped morsels, and bumping legs and benches on both sides as he was really rather too large to fit in the enclosed space.

Rhett Mercer

Rhett was having so much fun throwing food at Chesna it took him a minute to realize Finlay was yelling at him. Hey, that wasn't cool! D: He got enough of that from his siblings, Finlay wasn't supposed to be all boring and responsible. Where was the fun in that? Rhett was back to pouting at Finlay when a chunk of bread smacked him in the face. Turning to glare at Chesna he grabbed a handful of whatever happened to be on the plate directly in front of him, some sort of goopy brown stuff, and tried to take aim.

But then Finlay was going on about setting an example and just who was Mortimer and was he cooler than Rhett? Cause that wasn't okay. So Rhett sighed and went to put the goop back when something started bumping his leg and what the hell was under the table? HOLY CRAP IT WAS A GIANT SOMETHING! Rhett couldn't get a good look at it but whatever it was it was as big as a HOUSE and it was trying to eat him!

"AHH!" Slamming his hands down on the table to push himself up and out of his seat quickly and away from -was it a turtle of some kind? He didn't really know- whatever it was, Rhett didn't realize the goop that had been in his hand had sort of splattered around towards his house mates when he'd slapped it onto the table.

. . . Oops? .____.

Hopefully he'd gotten some of it on Chesna, at least.

Edited by Rhett Mercer

Napoleon Testaburger

Napoleon mauled over what the sorting hat had whispered in his ear just moments ago as he wobbled towards the Slytherin table. He had never thought his intentions were that transparent and he didn’t appreciate that a measly hat had just judged him as bluntly as it did in front of the entire school. Although he wasn’t disappointed with the decision, Slytherin seemed like a good enough house to be settled into.

He joined the end of the long table and waited for the rest of his new classmates to be sorted, growing ever more impatient because a feast was expected to begin any minute. And it did. Napoleons eyes widened as all of his favourite food appeared in front of him, pizza, chicken and pie. It was as if his dream had come true. With few words to anyone else and the advice from his mother to “go easy” on the food completely forgotten, Napoleon began to pile his plate.

Rhys Arawn

Rhys watched as what appeared to be a giant tortoise entered the Great Hall, and began his somewhat epic journey around the Slytherin table. Cool.

'I wonder if the tortoise will let me ride him across the lake in exchange for some food?' thought Rhys, excited at the prospect.

He turned behind him to address the nearby creature. "Hello my fine shelled friend. It appears you have made an arduous journey to receive some food. Would you like a scone? maybe two? I will assume that you can comprehend what I am saying," Rhys continued respectfully towards the great beast. "Thus, nod horizonally once for 1, twice for two, nod vertically once for butter, and finally, twice for jam."

He placed a small cereal bowl full of tea on the ground in front of the tortoise and awaited it's response.

Tybalt

There was something of a commotion from several students, Rhett in particular, as the giant tortoise either bumped their knees or trod on their feet on his journey beneath the Slytherin table. One small boy poked his head beneath the table and spoke kindly to him. Tybalt didn't understand what he was saying, but he felt the warmth of the tone, and when Rhys set down a bowl he did understand that.

Tybalt hurried forward, although his quickest pace was not much faster than ice melts, and stuck his face in the offered bowl. To his great disappointment it did not contain apple slices or olives or any of the things he had been hoping for. He snorted the tea from his nostrils and began to move on ... but wait! What was that?

He spied something long and stringy, it looked edible, it looked good. He moved forward and snapped it up in his tortoisey mouth, chewing determinedly on one of Rhys's shoelace.

Emmett Mercer

Mets welcomed Chesna into Slytherin with a smile and wave from across the table but any joy he had was short lived as Rhett decided that spoiling the evening was a far more constructive way of spending his time. Finishing his meal in record time Mets went to vacate the area and leave Rhett and his pea throwing to Finlay, that was what he was paid for right? Mets assumed prefects got paid or at the very least special privileges for their troubles. As he went to stand up something trod on his foot, Mets pulled it back as he lent down to look under the table. There was a giant tortoise eating a shoelace.

A giant tortoise eating a shoelace.

Why was no one else finding this strange? He couldn’t see due to the shadows under the table, but in case the tortoise was looking at him, he smiled and said hi. When he was sitting up straight again with a slightly wild look in his eyes, he started muttering darkly under his breathe about making it through a meal without bleeding animals, food throwing and/or unpleasant surprises. Sometimes Mets felt like he was in the middle of a bad melodrama. Lucky he was such a drama queen. After the day, afternoon and evening he’d had, Mets was absolutely leaving this time, the feast be damned. As he stood another piece of food went flying past him, he spun around to see who’d thrown it but all he could determine was that it was one of the Gryffindors.

As Mets walked past Finlay, he bent over a little and said. ‘I don’t know what they said you’d get or how much they are paying for being a prefect, but mate, it isn’t enough.’ Mets patted him on the shoulder and went down to hide in the common room, where flying legumes weren’t a problem and everything was ordered and neat.

Rhys Arawn
Seeing the tortoise eating his shoelace, Rhys realized that tortoises probably don't eat scones. Thus, he searched around the table for something in the vegetable or fruit categories, coming upon a small handful of carrots, some fruit salad, and a jar full of Vegemite. Taking a bit of each, he made a plate for the tortoise, hoping to get it away from his shoes, and placed it on the ground.

Halder

It might be Valentines Day but Halder saw no reason to celebrate the holiday. He knew of no great battle that had taken place on this day. There were no victories over his enemies to celebrate. When the prefects wound the red and pink garland around his neck and stuck a paper heart on his chest his humiliation was complete.

Against his will with a small pink note clutched in his hand he left his place at attention near the wall and marched to the Slytherin table. His target and direction already given, he strode straight to where the boy was sitting. He thrust the note out and dropped it on the table directly in front of the boy's plate trying to keep his visor closed to muffle the strains of some old love song that he couldn't seem to stifle. Music and all he marched back towards his place at the wall.

To: Giddeon Pike

Dear Giddy,

I think I like you even more than Prince Charming. Happy Valentine's Day.

Halder

No sooner had he returned to post against the wall closest to the large doors than Kristen was poking another message on the end of his pike. He tried to remain in place at attention without moving but it wasn't possible. The prefect had been given charge of him for the day and with a flick of her wand he marched straight toward the Slytherin table again. *Clang* Clang* the sound of his steel feet against the stone floor announced his presence once again. He wished these students would hurry and eat the Valentine supper the house elves had prepared and leave the hall so he wouldn't have to endure delivering any more love messages.

He jabbed his pike forward directly under the nose of the seventh year boy and stood at attention waiting for the Slytherin to take the message.

To: Wesley Kennedy-Porter

Has anyone told you that you're quite handsome? Because you are. Just like Gilderoy Lockhart.

xoxoxo

Wesley Kennedy-Porter

And then Wesley found his nose in mortal peril.

The Slytherin had just raised a sausage to his mouth when a very sharp pike was thrust before it instead, on its end a folded piece of parchment quite obviously meant for him as a death threat. Blinking at the shock of being nearly speared in the process of spearing a sausage, he reached up and slipped the note off the end of the spear and nodded at the suit of armor who had delivered it. Slightly flustered, he unfolded the note.

He breathed a sigh of relief when he realized it was not a message from someone lusting after his head on a silver platter. Then he blinked some more when he realized that maybe it was something else of his they were lusting after. It wasValentine's Day, after all.

The Seventh Year, despite his limited interactions with fellow students in the past six months due to an inordinate amount of time spent studying for NEWTs and tutoring History of Magic, could not recall anyone he'd met recently who would recall to mind princesses or anything of that sort. He was very bad at guessing (though he would never admit to it) and, upon finished his breakfast, spent the rest of the day with his brow furrowed, trying to crack the code of who had sent the note.

And also being smugly flattered at being compared to Gilderoy Lockhart.

Halder

Halder had been sent to the Slytherin table again and again with little pink and red messages. Why did the prefect continue to send him to visit the snakes. If the students seated at the table with their green ties had any idea of the battles he had fought in, they would know he deserved more respect than being forced to deliver these trivial messages of love and affection. He did have to admit to himself that there had been plenty of battles in his day sparked by love and romance of one kind and another.

Halder saluted smartly and held out the message to the fifth year who sat eating.

From: Your True Love THAT'S RIGHT NEXT TO YOU, STARING YOU IN THE CHEEK.

To: Elijah Sexyface Ellis THAT'S NOT EVEN A NAME! Plus it sounds like a girl. A very manly and sexy girl but not too sexy because ew How is that possible? YOU DON'T MIX FEMALES WITH ANYTHING UNFEMALE. DON'T. QUESTION. ME. OKAY. *QUESTIONS*

Short 1 or 2 sentence message: Your body is a wonderland. You should let me lick your ears one day. The end. She's creepy :3 Not creepy, just in love. Love is weird .___. No, love is magical. AND ICKY. AND PERFECT SO SHH WHAT AM I SHHing ABOUT? JUST...JUST EVERYTHING OKAY.YOU SPELLED THAT WRONG. SHE CORRECTED IT. SHE SPELLED EVERYTHYNG WRONG. NO IT'S A LIE. A TOTAL LIE. STOP LYING I'M NOT LYING. IT'S THE TRUTH. YOU CAN SEE THAT INK BLOT COVERING UP YOUR MISTAKE. WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO SELL ME OUT DON'T YOU LOVE ME? I'M NOT TRYING TO SELL YOU UP. IT'S THE TRUTHHHHH. ;A;

Halder

This was absolutely the last trip that Halder would make to the Slytherin table. Thankfully even the prefect realized she had been sending him to the same table, time after time to deliver one small pink or red valentine message at a time. She had fortunately changed her tactics. This time as the suit of armor approached the Slytherin table with clanking feet he held his pike high. He rapped it on the floor as he reached the table and hoped the students whose names appeared on the envelopes stuck to his weapon would notice and remove them as promptly as possible.

Flynn Carroll – Mind your own business.

From Me

To: Diego Sinclaire

I know we're not dating,

But I just wanted to say

That I really like you

And happy Valentine's day

to: Bobbie Welch

message: I miss you. Where have you been? Happy Valentine's Day.

To: Malcolm Ebblewhite

Bet you thought you were popular there for a second. Bet you thought there was one person on this earth who didn't despise you.

Fat chance.

Hope you have a truly awful day, Ugly.

Edited by Halder

Chesna Mercer

All potential god modding has been approved <3

Ahh this was Chesna's favorite time of the year! Fall was in the air and she was back at Hogwarts once more. Only this time she was a third year and rising up in the ranks. This year she had a strong indication was going to be a great year! Possibly the best year ever! It appeared that they gotten a great crop of new Slytherins this year and she got to pick an elective for her classes! The only thing that upset her a bit was that fact that Mets had graduated. While she no longer worshiped the ground he walked on, she would still miss him after all. He made her smile and laugh a lot. She hoped that maybe they would run into each other again one day.

She sighed as she helped herself to seconds of the mashed potatoes and made small talk with the other Slytherin girls around her. She gazed around the room and located her older brother sitting at the Hufflepuff table. He waved to her and she waved back she couldn't believe that he was already a sixth year! It was going to be sad when he graduated. Chesna could not say the same for Casimir's girlfriend best lady friend. Chesna rolled her eyes internally just thinking about her. Of all the people her sweet, naive, and innocent brother could date, it had to be her. She really would have been content with anyone else, REALLY ANYONE ELSE, but Delia! Going farther down the Hufflepuff table her eyes landed on Regan, who was not look particularly pleased. Chesna supposed it all had to do with Rhi getting Hufflepuff. She would have to limber up her ears for Regan's rant about her. Chesna's vision then went to the Ravenclaw table where her eyes landed on Kitty, Elysia, and Holly. They were all talking animatedly about something. Chesna kinda wished she could go sit with them, however, there was always breakfast tomorrow.

Booming familiar laughter echoed in Chesna's ears. She groaned and fought the urge to vomit. She turned her head to see Rhett laughing with his band of cronies. She couldn't honestly see what Holly saw him. There was absolutely NOTHING cute about him! Was she the only one with good taste in boys? Chesna was beginning to think so!

By the time the feast was over Chesna had come up with a plan. She felt like she needed to start the year off with bang if you will. Stealing glances over her shoulder to make sure Holly wasn't looking she got from her spot at the table and quietly walked up behind Rhett. The pile of cookies he appeared to be saving were off to the side of his now empty plate. He seemed to distracted by some girl he was talking to. Chesna gently slid the whole pile of cookies into the pocket of her robe and quickly ran out of the Great Hall. Once she was at a safe distance, she slowed down and took a cookie out of her pocket and took a bite. These were probably the best cookies she'd ever had mainly because they tasted like sweet sweet victory! It was really almost too easy! Like taking candy from a baby....literally since Rhett and babies seemed to have so much in common! Chesna chuckled at her own joke.

Arianna Wright

As head recruiter for the Adventuring club, Arianna felt it her duty to make sure that everyone knew about it, so at breakfast the morning before the club meeting, she decided to go to each of the house tables and put fliers on them. After distributing them along the Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw tables, she moved to the last, Slytherin, carefully placing flyers every 10 feet or so.

Attention all First Years!

Do you wonder what is hidden in the deep dark depths of Hogwarts?? Do you long to discover every secret this castle has to offer? Then this is the club for you!

Introducing

The Adventuring Club

A band of witches and wizards dedicated to adventure, fun, and discovery.

First Meeting

When: After Dinner

Where: The Great Hall

Have any questions?

Talk to Greg Argos, Aara Aydelston, or Arianna Wright

Edited by Arianna Wright

Kingston Bass

When Kings stumbled out of bed that morning he was so tired he put two different shoes on and threw his uniform on sloppily. He was pretty sure his tie wasn't supposed to go around his head, but he put it there anyways. As he rubbed his eyes and stumbled out into the corridors. Oh Merlin, he was going to navigate stairs. Of all good merciful things, why stairs? Why him?

He scowled as he proceeded to stumble and trip down what seemed twenty four flights of steps. He was fine - really - until the last flight. Until which he almost fell face first on to the stone floor. Catching himself on the banister he mumbled and followed a flock of ickles.

He didn't even pay any any attention as he flopped on a bench at a random table and began piling up his plate. Food, he needed food. Nourishment. He grabbed everything in sight. Ham, scrambled eggs with cheese blueberry pancakes, waffles, sausage, and a cinnamon roll. Life was complete. As he shoved a bagel with strawberry cream cheese into his mouth he grumbled and opened his eyes to finally look around. Slytherins, just great.

He didn't even bother to make conversation as he heard some screechy girl announce an Advancing Club or Avaunting Club for first years. He picked up his fork and stabbed some food to shovel into his mouth. Mmm, cheese. He must get energy, he had some Transfiguration or crap next. Boring. Maybe he could try to take a nap through it. He doubted it though, they probably would throw an erroneously large textbook at him.

Word Count: 272 words

Emery Roux

Emery had been minding his own business avoiding Wes. However, eventually you just get too hungry to spend all your time and energy avoiding someone so the Slytherin made his way to the Great Hall where he planned on eating everything in sight. Emery's eyes quickly narrowed when he noticed some Gryffindor sitting at their table. "Hey!" He called out pointing towards the man. "Are you stupid? you're at the wrong table get off the bench. Reserved for Slytherins only ya blockie head." He crossed his arms and he dropped his plate on the table in front of him (he still didn't have a chance to put any food on it, so luckily no food went flying anywhere).

Emery quickly reached out and ripped the boy's plate closer towards his body. "You're not allowed to eat our food!" He said grabbing a fork and throwing it at Kings. "Go back to the stupid Gryffindor table and eat all their food, fatty!" He said as he glared towards the Gryffindor table to see they weren't suffering from a shortage of food. So why bring his butt over here?! D<

Riley Jaxon

The second day at Hogwarts was just as horrible as the first. Riley had already been punched in the face, tried to get cake three times and failed each time, and was rooming with Hufflepuffs. Awful awful awful. The only that that was worse than this would be if an earthquake struck Hogwarts and toppled the castle to the ground. Actually, that might solve more problems than it creates.

Riley slid into a seat at the Slytherin table and grabbed a muffin. He slowly began peeling the paper off the treat and then grabbed some butter and spread it all around. Mmm, warm blueberry muffin with melted butter. Okay, so at least not everything was horrible (yet). Today was going to be better than yesterday- that was Riley's goal.

Edited by Riley Jaxon

Alexa McPherson

The first night had been far from amusing. Sorting had brought forth a tidal wave of new ickles, and then they'd all been pitched out in tents. Tents with Hufflepuffs no less. But she had claimed James as her buddy which meant she had one latch on sanity left.

Slouching into the great hall she slid into a seat at the Slytherin table, not noticing who she sat next to, still trying to understand what was meant to be happening with all the apparent changes the Luna woman had made. Grabbing a slice of toast she reached for the butter only to find it in someone elses hands.

Spider boy? Oh god no. Say it ain't so?

"Why in the name of merlin are you putting butter on a blueberry muffin? That's gross." She asked him, secretly thinking it looked incredibly tasty. Toast seemed boring now :C

Riley Jaxon

An older, uglier creature sat down near him and he frowned. "YOU?!" He pointed at her, starting to back up. The nutcase from the pet shop. "YOU?!" He asked again, making sure he was seeing things clearly. She was from HOGWARTS?! No only Hogwarts- THEY SHARED A HOUSE TOGETHER?! SWEET MERLIN!!!

"My blueberry muffin has nothing to say to you," Riley pulled the muffin closer to his chest. "Go get your own. Or get me some cake- that would be great too." Riley frowned again and took a big bite of his lovely, buttery blueberry muffin. "Leave me and my muffin alone, or else I'll have to challenge you to a duel." Riley looked her up and down. No, actually, she looked like she was good at dueling. Riley didn't know any spells yet, so why would he put himself in that position? "Or maybe a game of badminton," he suggested, saving himself from the dueling chamber. He would practice on Mara first, then he would duel this creep.

Alexa McPherson

She scowled at him, eyes narrowing more and more as he spoke. She smirked when he challenged her to dueling, and that smirk grew into a full blown look of condencisation when he brought up badminton.

"Fine then Muffin Boy. Let's go." She said simply, grabbing the slytherin tie that he was not worthy to adorn just yet, and dragged him from the hall, still eating her slice of toast happily, smiling and nodding at those who passed the pair looking alarmed.

"To the Lawn we go!" She declared.

Riley Jaxon

"HEY!" Riley demanded but it was far too late. Alexa grabbed him by his tie and he was whisked away to play badminton with his second arch enemy- after Mara. Both Slytherin girls, both ugly as heck, and both annoying. He much rather preferred Hufflepuff girls who were polite and caring and BAKED YOU CUPCAKES WHEN YOU ASKED.

"LET ME GO YOU SLIMY MUGWART!!"

(onward)

Alexis Endicus

vh26

The blonde made a face when bowls of oatmeal appeared on the table, along with all of the fixings. Her least favorite breakfast option. Why couldn't the elves do eggs more often? They were delicious, healthy, and didn't have the gross texture that oatmeal did.

"Ugh, does anybody hate oatmeal as much I do?" Alexis whined as she pushed the bowl away from her, grabbing some toast to eat instead.
Edited by Alexis Endicus

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.