Gullveig

Slytherin House Table

Lai Harthorn

Lai paused, a look of curiousity on his features for a second before he decided to smile again. "Well, I was justboredovertheresoIgrabbedmyfrienda-"

"Grabbed, more like forced, I was perfectly fine where I was at!" Aoi spat out at Lai, glaring at him, obviously rather cross.

"Oh, don't be like that Beanstalk." Lai commented. "AnywaysohereIam. Sides,Ididn'tseeaseatingchartanyway.."

He was smiling innocently as could be while sitting there. "Sides,nooneoverthereknowswhatthis Quadwizard thingy isandIfiguredthatyouguyswouldknowwhatitwas. CauseyouseeI'ma what was it again? Muffinborn?"

"Muggleborn, honestly, I do not want to know what goes on in that head of yours." Aoi commented, sowing a waning patience that only a second year would provide.

"Yeah that, soIdon'tgetallthisstufflike what's Quitditch?" Lai inquired.

"Quiddich," Aoi corrected.

"Yeah, whatever Beanstalk just said." Lai wanted to know.

"I'M NOT A BEANSTALK!" Aoi was obviously starting to get rather frazzled by Lai's antics, but then again he hadn't figured out how to shake the idot since they met on the train..

Edited by Lai Harthorn

Isolde O'Seighin

Isolde tried to ignore the random intruder at the table but the more he spoke the more she wished he'd shut the hell up. Not only was he speaking at a rate that mushed all of his words together but the idiocy spewing from his lips. It was enough to drive anyone mad. After a but, she couldn't take it anymore. She turned to the boy and gave him a nasty look.

"For the love of Merlin would you kindly Shut. Your. Mouth." she told him harshly. "Honestly, I'm sure there are plenty of people at your own table who know exactly what a Triwizard tournament is, what Quidditch is and anything else you'd like to know but they'd all go completely mental if they listened to what you were actually saying." This idiocy reminded her of the stupid girl on the boat who thought the merpeople were pulling it. "Honestly, I'm starting to wonder if all Muggleborns are dead stupid or if it's just the ones I seem to be running into today. If you have questions you should ask them one at a time and try a little harder not to sound so bloody stupid!" She took a deep breath and let out a sigh, going back to eating her peas. This was ridiculous. He was bringing down one of the greatest days of her life.

Alexis Reethes

Alexis heard the words "all muggleborns" and "dead stupid". She looked up and saw another Slytherin girl at her table. This was worrying; she thought muggleborns were only complete idiots at the beginning of school. If they were going to be imbecilic the whole year... well, she wasn't sure she could cope with that.

"Sorr - excuse you, but did you just say all muggleborns were dead stupid? I only thought they were annoying for just a little bit. If they are dead stupid for the whole year, I'm not sure I'll stay sane..." Alexis caught herself before she said sorry. She almost never said sorry, unless her brain told her it'd get her out of trouble.

Jennifer Excel

Jennifer listened to the talk at the Slytherin table. Apparently some Gryffindors had come over and sat at the Slytherin table. Her fellow Slytherins seemed to be behaving very unpleasantly towards the Gryffindors. She wondered if all Slytherins were mean to other houses, and if there was a reason for it. These Gryffindors certainly seemed rather annoying. And then someone said that Muggleborns were stupid. Jennifer wasn't Muggleborn, but she hardly knew anything about the wizarding world, having been raised by her Muggle mother.

Jennifer had no idea what was going on and felt that she better ask some questions. So she spoke to one of the Gryffindors. "What are you doing at this table?" she asked. Then she blushed because the question sounded rather rude. Maybe she was too rude. Oh well, it didn't seem like the other people in her house were being any nicer.

Isolde O'Seighin
"I didn't say they were all stupid. I said I'm beginning to wonder if it's all of them or just the ones I've met." She pinched the bridge of her nose. She didn't really feel like being labeled a blood purist or something on her first day just because some dolt was jumping on her nerves. "I've only really heard two speak that I know of and one of them thought merpeople pulled the boats." She rolled her eyes, remembering the stupid girl. Edited by Isolde O'Seighin

Lai Harthorn

"Lookit Beanstalk IthinkIjustmadeanewbestestbestbestfriendinthewholewideworld!" Lai cheered grinning happily. "You'remy new bestest best best friend in the whole wide world now aren'tchu Harpy?" He was grinning as he leaned up into Isolde's face. "Aren'tyouaren'tyouaren'tyou?" He inquired.

"Don't worry too much about muggleborns being too annoying I think it's only him," Aoi informed Alexis, "I'm Aoi Bianchi, trust me if I thought I could escape from that" He gestured towards Lai "I would've headed back to my own table."

Lai grinned as another question came his way. "Iwasbored over theresoIdecidedtopickupBeanstalkandcomeoverhere,whyistherea seating chart orsomethin?" Lai inquired cocking his head. "Oh yean and allyourbasebelongtousnow, okay?" He smiled sweetly at Jennifer.

Isolde O'Seighin
Isolde winced and leaned back away from Lai with an uncomfortable look on her face as if he had an odor about him. Her hand fumbled around for her pocket to get hold of her wand should it be necessary. "My name is Isolde, not Harpy and Someone needs to teach about taking a breath between words and personal space." She managed to grasp her wand but realized that she didn't really know any spells that would help her in this situation. Having it in hand made her feel better, however, so that's where it would say. She didn't brandish it, mind, she simply held it in her pocket.

Tristan Troy

Tristan licked the sticky sweetness of his last piece of cake from his fingers as he approached the Slytherin table. Lai was talking very quickly. Again. Tristan couldn't make out what the boy was saying, so he simply stopped listening and walked up to the table as he wiped his ‘clean’ hands on his robes. "So here's where you've gone." He said as he slipped in between Lai and some girl who had left a rather large gap between them. It was almost as though she’d been saving a seat for him! How wonderful. Seeing as he was meeting new people, he started to listen again.

"Hey there." He said as he waved his hand and smiled. "I'm Tristan. Tristan Troy. Friends of these two." He added as he tilted his head quickly to the side to point at the two Gryffindors beside him. Briefly studying the faces around him, who didn't exactly look all too thrilled to see him, Tristan realized he was sitting at the Slytherin table. Hadn't his father said some not-too-friendly things about Slytherins? Oh well. Dad was picky with his friends. "What're your names? Are you all first years here too? Sure is exciting, isn’t it?"

Isolde O'Seighin

Isolde could hardly find words as another Gryffindor boy sat down,this time between her and the obnoxious one. This one was cheery and overly enthusiastic. But at least he was speaking in proper sentences with spaces between his words. All she could get out at first, however, were three words.

"You're all mental," she stated, her brows furrowed and raised simultaneously. Shifting herself to be seated more comfortably she gave the new boy a very strange look. "But at least you can speak properly. That one's a idiot. My name is Isolde O'Seighin and yes, I am a first year. I'm pretty sure none of you are supposed to be here, though."

Tristan Troy

"I'm not mental." Tristan quickly shot back at the girl beside him. "And don't call Lai an idiot." He frowned at the girl, whose named was Isolde, and furrowed his eyebrows. "He's not an idiot. Lai's cool and fun."

"And that's racist. We should be able to sit anywhere we like." He nodded, his dark curly hair swaying into his eyes briefly before flopping against his forehead. He crossed his arms, but only for a brief moment. His attention was quickly drawn to the platter of those sweet and sticky cakes in front of Isolde. He leaned over her to get to the cakes, not realizing that he was probably getting too close for comfort, before resuming his previous position and taking a large bite out of the cake.

"You have to try these," he said between bites, "They're so good."

Lai Harthorn

"Ididn't know there was a seating chart!!!" Lai commented incrediously. "Sides,Istoleyourbase,youloseIwinandwecansitherecauseIconqueredit and it's Australia and Australia's mine so I canruletheworld!! Cause it's Pinky and the Braiiin Pinky and the Braiiin one is a Genius the other's insaaane." Lai grinned. "Right Beanstalk, right Meat?"

Aoi groaned. "Now look what you've gone and done, you've gotten the idiot wound further up if that is at all possible." He commented, shaking his head.

"HeyheyHarpy, when'reyougoingtoconqueracountry? You'll lose if you don't soon,causeI'mbuildinguparmies!" Lai cheered. "The game of Riskyougottaconquersomeland,otherwiseyou'lllose, isn't that right Meat?"

Edited by Lai Harthorn

Isolde O'Seighin
Isolde blinked a few times with those pale but defined eyes of hers. She couldn't help but be hopelessly confused. Were all Gryffindors like this? The hat was right, she wouldn't have done well had she been sorted that way. The curly haired boy was eating her food and the loudmouthed one was talking to her again. Something about Aaustralia and...pinkies and brains? She just sort of sat there for a little bit longer. "I...er.....What?"

Tristan Troy

"You know," Tristan began after swallowing a mouthful of cake. "Pinky and the Brain? The cartoon? The mice?" He stared at Isolde for a long moment before realizing that maybe, just maybe, she'd never heard of it before. "Do you have cartoons at all? How do you live?" Mouth hanging open, Tristan couldn't believe what he'd just realized. Wizards and Witches didn't watch cartoons? Ridiculosity!

"Haven't you heard of Risk?" He put down the remaining piece of cake on the table and spread his arms wide in front of him. "You conquer the world! The whole world!" He spread his arms a little wider for emphasis before putting them back down and grabbing his piece of cake. "Great game, Risk." He said as he took a bite. "Good for strategy. Good for Football." Poking his temple while nodding, Tristan added. "Makes you think. Great game."

Isolde O'Seighin

She was getting more and more confused as the boy spoke. She was trying to understand, but he wasn't making any sense." I do know what pinkies and brains are but what do they have to do with carts or tunes? And yes I've taken risks, we all have at some point. What in Merlin's name is 'football?' It sounds grotestque..." After a moment another thought caught up to her and she shook her head and furrowed her brow. "And would you get your friend to stop calling me a harpy? I resent it and have half a mind to jinx him right here and now."

She was bluffing, of course, she didn't know any useful spells yet. But these boys didn't seem to know the first thing about the Wizarding world so she'd chance it. Even if called out on, it was still a valid enough statement. Even scrawny people could threaten to punch someone in the face regardless of their ability to actually cause any sort of damage.

Aoi Bianchi

Aoi smiled at the poor girl. "Trust me, there's no changing his mind on this." Aoi pointed out, simply. "If there was I certainly wouldn't be called Beanstalk and he wouldn't be referred to as Meat." Aoi gestured towards Tristan. "And giving Lai a nickname doesn't seem to work either since it only makes him think that you're even more of a best friend to him for some reason wish it did though..." Aoi muttered.

"Noyoudon'tsillyBeanstalk! You'rehappy for it cause it means we can conquer the world!!!! I feel bad for you you don't get to watch cartooons, Harpy!"

Aoi sighed. "A cartoon is a thing that is shown on a tv or so my Step Dad claims. They're moving pictures inside this box with sounds and bright colors. Commercials, movies, and telly shows work like that. Football is in reference to a muggle sport in which you kick around this ball, without touching it with your hands and the goal is to get it into this net like thing on the other end of the grassy field that they play on... Um... The other team tries to keep you from doing so I think." Aoi pointed out. "Right Tristan?"

Giselle Churchill

After catching up with a few other students she was familiar with, she decided to sit down where she belonged, at the Slytherin house table. She sighed, smiling to herself at the mere thought of belonging somewhere - other than at another stupid charity ball.

However, all was not well at the Slytherin table, as it seemed there was a bit of a dispute with some Slytherins and a few Gryffindors. She scowled. Can't they annoy their own table, she thought to herself.

Pushing one of the Gryffindor's aside so she could take her place at the table, Giselle asked the girl nearest to her

"What on Earth do these losers want?"

Tristan Troy

At first Tristan couldn't believe that Isolde had never heard of cartoons. He then couldn't believe that she didn't know about Risk, which was a spectacular game. What he could not tolerate was that she had never heard of Football before. Football: the best sport in the world. His lower jaw felt as though it were twenty pounds heavier and dropped, making a slightly audible cracking sound as it did. Isolde's comment on Football sounding 'grotesque' was like an arrow through his heart. "Football isn't grotesque!" He nearly squeaked, overcome with emotion.

He took a deep breath as Aoi calmly explained about cartoons and briefly about Football. Tristan nodded as Aoi clearly explained the concept of Football, though he didn't go into detail about the magnificence of the strategy used in the sport. "It's the best sport in the world." Tristan said, his hands shaking as he held them up in front of him, palms up as though he were to drop them quickly and cry out 'WHY?!'. A look of anguish washed over his face and he grabbed Isolde by the shoulders. "You need to see Football!"

Sitting up suddenly straighter, an idea came to Tristan. "We're going to play Football." He let go of Isolde's shoulders and looked back at Aoi and Lai, his eyes all aglitter. "Right now. My ball's in my trunk. We can do it." He smiled and turned back to Isolde. "Let's do it!"

He was just about to stand up when suddenly a girl pushed him aside and shoved herself between him and Isolde. "Oi!" Tristan pushed the girl with his arm to catch her attention. "Don't butt in! I need to teach Isolde about Football!"

Giselle Churchill

Giselle raised her eyebrow. A boy, a Gryffindor, just nudged her, a Slytherin.

...Was he out of his freaking mind?

"Well it's nice of you to blabber on about nonsense that you call football but obviously the the girl doesn't give two hoots about what you are saying. Now go back to where you belong, like a good little boy." she said while patting the boy on the head.

Lai Harthorn

"Don'tberude! Meat's only here cause I'm here! And- and- and because Beanstalk's here too! And and- and cause my armybeatyoursandAustrialia'sallminesnow!NextI'llconquerBeanstalk'sAsia!AndafterthatI'mcoming

foryourLithuaniaMeat!" Lai smiled at them. "And Football's not barbaric Harpy! Nomorethanwhat'sit you call that? Squid- ditch? Grumblesdon'tgivemethatlook!." He mock glared at Griselle. "Nah, I'm just joking! You'remybestest

bestfriendinthewholewidewideworld!"

He tried to hug her, but Meat was in the way... So sadly he got caught up in the hug too!

Aoi sighed. "You gone and done it now! He'll never shut his yap! I warned you guys but nooo, you decided to not listen to sound advice, I'd head back to the Gryffindor ta-" Aoi was interrupted by Lai who had gotten up and moved next to him and had him seemingly in a strong grasp of his hands. "Nonono, Beanstalk,youcan'tleeeaave, you're our translator!"

Aoi sighed. "What do you mean?"

"Imeanyouspeaklikethensoyou'reourTranslator?" Lai batted his eyes innocently at Aoi.

"You aren't going to let me go are you?" He inquired.

"Nevereverever! You'remylittleBeanstalk,how'reyougonnagrowwithoutme?" Lai inquired.

"I'm NOT little! You- You..." Aoi was steaming mad.

"Aww... Someone's gettingtiired!" Lai chuckled.

Isolde O'Seighin

Isolde was getting a bit overwhelmed. She found herself in an odd situation. She absolutely could not stand the one who didn't know how to breath between words but this Tristan boy didn't seem all that bad. He was just very...well...Muggle. And a tad excitable, but he was a boy and sports had been brought up. Apparently that dynamic didn't change with blood lineage. But these boys were Gryffindors and here another new Slytherin girl had shown up and Isolde found her demeanor to be in rather poor taste. She was the same age as these boys, so why did she act like she was more mature? Calling them little. Sure, they probably weren't supposed to be there but the way this girl was handling it...well it didn't make much sense. If you're going to be rude to someone or act superior you should do it properly and this girl was most certainly not. Isolde found herself not liking the black haired girl very much. She addressed her first.

"You know, you're going to make a lot of enemies like that. You catch more pixies with honey and all that, you know? You're right about them not being where they ought to but why are you pretending you're older or something? Not to mention that while I appreciate your concern I can tell people what I think for myself." On that note she returned her attention to Tristan. "As for you, you should keep your hands to yourself and use your brain. It's the middle of dinner, we can't go play anything anywhere. You can be excited all you want but if you don't slow it down a bit you'll be as obnoxious as that one." She gestured to Lai. "Besides, that sounds dreadfully dull. Kicking a ball around? It sounds like a child's thing. If you'd like a real sport, try Quidditch."

Tristan Troy

Tristan's mouth dropped open, but it wasn't out of anger at what the Slytherin girl had said. It was that she had known what Isolde was thinking. Well, at least that's what Tristan thought at the time. "You can read minds?" He asked, his lower jaw continuing to hang open after he spoke. "How come I can't do that? Is that a witch-only thing or somethin'?"

His attention was drawn away from the girl when Taters had begun talking about the countries owned by each of the players, or previously owned in some cases. "Wait, how come Aoi has all of Asia and I only have Lithua--?" In mid-speech he was thrust toward the girl as Lai reached out to hug her. Of course, since Tristan was in the way, both were caught in Lai's grasp. It wasn't that Tristan cared. He didn't understand personal boundaries, so he didn't realize the possible repercussions of his elbow hitting the Slytherin girl's gut in the process. Oh, the clumsy fool.

The hug lasted moments, and soon Lai's grip was turned toward Aoi, who had insisted on returning to their home table. This, of course, was unacceptable. Tristan was about to pipe up on the multiple reasons why Aoi should stay with them at the Slytherin table when Isolde's voice caught his ear. Lai would keep Aoi at the table anyway, so it seemed more important to listen to Isolde. That is, until she addressed Tristan. "But there's always time for Football," Tristan whined as his lips curled downward into a frown.

He rolled his eyes at the mention of Quidditch and reached over to grab yet another cake and bit down into it. Between bites he said, "I don't get what's so great about sitting on a bloody broom." He swallowed and stole what was probably someone else's goblet of pumpkin juice. "Where's the sweat? There's nothing like a good sweat." He took a swig of the juice. "Sittin' doesn't lead to sweatin'." He said matter-of-factly as he crammed the cake into his mouth for another hearty bite.

Influenced by Isolde's comment that he should 'keep his hands to himself', Tristan scooted more toward Lai and Aoi's direction to give the girls more room. Why did it matter at all, anyway?

Lai Harthorn

"COOL! Can youseewhatI'mthinking?Canyoucanyoucanyou?" Lai inquired, his grip on Aoi never ceasing. "What about Beanstalk, can you see what he's thinking right now?"

He held up Aoi as though to make a point that this was who he meant. "Oh, and you get Lituania cause you're building up your army to steal China from Beanstalk, Meat, don't you remember that?" He inquired, frowning slightly at the other as though he was crazy for not remembering... "Riding a broom? Like the Wicked Witch of the West? Muwahaha!!! I'll get you my pretty and your little ickle too!" Lai obviously had totally watched that movie a billion times over. "What is an ickle, anyway?"

Aoi sighed. "An ickle is what you and you and you and you all are. Anyone older than me obviously would call me an ickle, I get to call you all ickles cause you are younger than me." He pointed out. "I think it's derived from the term icicle, but I think here it means the same as newbie."

Micah Cassidy

Ordinary Wizarding Levels. Most fifth years dreaded those three words - Micah Cassidy wasn't most fifth years, though. She was absolutely Lady Gaga over them. Exams were her favorite part of the year - it was utterly chaotic, she could feel it in the air. Everyone crammed into the library, their noses in books, their faces feverish. It was like heaven.

Since lessons had already started, Micah was on full steam ahead, and didn't seem to be slowing down any. She'd done all the required reading, had carefully organized notes, and was halfway through extra credit. Still, she had to eat. She wasn't a robot, after all.

The hall was full of chattering first years, but for once, Micah didn't mind. She'd gotten wise over the summer (haha) and realized she was probably exactly like them when she was their age. She was more tolerant now.

That didn't mean, however, she would let anyone sit on her bench at the Slytherin table. "Move, please." Micah demanded of a black haired boy who was sorting out his chocolate frog cards. He scowled, but did as she said. Clearly he understood the hierarchy. Lovely.

Micah sat her books down and took a seat. When she finally looked across the table, she saw Nicodemus Blackthorne grinning at her from the Gryffindor table. She tilted her head to the side and mouthed "what?" at him. He put down his fork, still grinning, and sidled over to the Slytherin table.

Yes, sidled. Ooh la la.

Nicodemus Blackthorne

Nico hated getting up early. As far as he was concerned, nothing good could happen before noon, so what was the point of even being awake before then? Unfortunately the professors at Hogwarts seemed to be of the opposite opinion. Nico shoveled some scrambled eggs into his mouth, gradually becoming less and less groggy. He drank a few glasses of pumpkin juice before remembering he hadn't done his homework.

He took out the dreaded homework, which happened to be due in about twenty minutes, and aimlessly began scratching away with his quill. His mind kept wandering, however, to things that had nothing to do with the essay he was trying to write. He thought of the few weeks he'd spent in Italy with his mum's family; days spend outside in the warm sun without having to be rushed for anything. At Hogwarts it always seemed to be freezing, and there was never enough sunlight. All the fifth years were panicking over the upcoming OWLs. Nico couldn't be bothered to worry about them just yet.

Ugh, no way was he going to finish this homework. He went back to eating, still letting his mind wander. Being at Hogwarts wasn't all that bad. He liked a couple of his classes, the food was decent, and it was nice to see old aquaintances and so on.

Speaking of aquaintances, wasn't that Micah Cassidy over at the Slytherin table? Now there was someone he hadn't spoken to in forever. Merlin, he'd had such a huge crush on her for the longest time, before he started dating Zoeigh. He grinned, thinking of the way they had met way back when. Micah spotted him, and Nico decided he couldn't pass up the chance to say hello. He left his stuff at the table, glaring at the second year who had been sitting near him as a warning not to touch anything. Not that the second year was in any way interested in Nico's stuff.

Nico plunked down next to Micah, grinning ear to ear. "Hey, Cassidy," He said. "Stressing about lessons yet?" If he remembered correctly, Micah was much more into school than Nico ever had been. "How was your summer? Please don't tell me you spent the whole time reading." He shuddered.

Micah Cassidy

Oh, he thought he was clever, using her surname, didn't he? Apparently so. He certainly seemed to be getting a kick out of himself.

Whoa, negative Nancy, back up.

Micah rolled her eyes. "No, I didn't spend the whole summer reading....Blackthorne." She said pointedly. In the past, Nico had been able to sympathize with her messed up home situation. It was refreshing - but would he be able to know? She hadn't even told Laurie about it yet. She wasn't sure she wanted to. Then there would always be the question she hated most in the world: are you okay?

"I pretty much had to take care of Bethany and Thomas this summer, though. That's why I was a week late getting back, they're a handful. Really great kids, though. Had a pretty good one. What did you do? Please don't tell me you spent the whole time being a delinquent." She crossed her eyes at him.

"So how awesome is this year? I heard you have a girlfriend. That Zoeigh girl? She's really pretty. Isn't she a prefect? Good catch." Micah crossed her eyes again. "My brother is here, though, did I tell you? He's a Ravenclaw. He's really excited."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.