Gullveig

Gryffindor House Table

Louis Weasley-Ashcroft

Taking some pumpkin juice, Louis started to finish it all in just a few short gulps. He listened as people all around him started to talk to each other. It was so nice being back here at Hogwarts at the Gryffindor table. There couldn't be a better hours unless it was sparklypoo. As usual, Louis was surrounded by a bunch of first years. He wondered where Monique and Skye were. Even though he had been on the train with Moni, there was so much catching up to do with her and Skye.

Deciding to make small chat with the two girls by him Louis said, "Hi guys. Congratulations on getting into the best house. My name is Louis." Nodding in agreement with the them he said, "The food here is the best. Just wait until you see the kitchens though. That is one of my most favorite spots in this castle." This was true. Even all the houselves knew him down there. Louis knew each of their names to and which gifts to bring to them each time he visited the kitchens.

Aoi Bianchi
Aoi Bianchi looked out among the students as the hat spoke to him. 'Loveaphobic' yes, he needed to work on his body's autopilot responses to physical attempts to show love and affection. He felt nervous though, as he chose a spot along the long table- he could see the students studying him as he sat calmly down at the table. He presently didn't know what to do or say, really, it's not like he'd had a ton of practice at this kind of thing, so he got out his journal and started to write in it as he sat there. He wasn't one to start a conversation, and luck wasn't with him as his quill snapped just as he got ready to write in his journal, leaving a huge inkblot on the page. He then noticed how the ink had apparently splattered someone else at the table. He felt his face turn a slight tinge of pink. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to make a mess of your robes." He apologized. Edited by Aoi Bianchi

Maisie Torrent

The whole thing was wonderful and amazing. The hall, the ceiling, the sorting hat, just everything. Maisie didn't think she had ever had a more exciting day in her entire life. When the sorting hat sent her to Gryffindor with Hector and Danny she smiled a huge smile and waved at her cousins who were already seated (presumably). She listened to the Head Master's speech but most of it didn 't make a lot of sense to her. She perked up a bit at the mention of the forest they were supposed to stay out of. They had a forest they were supposed to stay out of at home too. It didn't mean that they did.

Maisie sat down next to a boy. She was just checking out the golden plates on the table when she felt a splash on her arm. She looked over to see the boy writing in some little book. "How can you be writing when it is so exciting here?" she asked him. " Well unless you are writing about how exciting this all is." she added. "But then you might miss something. " she said gesturing around the room. "Like that! Did you see that? There is a little green man with a cat chasing after him and the cat has a shoe tied to his tail. " she pointed towards the head table. (read the opening feast post)

Maisie saw an older boy sitting near her talking to a couple of girls. She called to him. " Hey did you see that?" she asked him. "What is that little green man?" she asked.

Matthew Taylor

"Ahh, another lover of adventures. Reckless, independent and impulsive - and what big dreams, too! You want to Captain a Quidditch Team? Well, I know just the place for you; the home of our resident Quidditch Champions: GRYFFINDOR! "

"Yes!" Matt couldn't help grinning as he got up from the stool and made his way to the Gryffindor taable. He was almost there when he spotted what looked like a nasty looking old cat chasing a leprechaun. Oh my !. Is that supposed to be the entertainment ? He wondered. Looking around for someone he knew he spotted Maisie and went over to talk to her. "Hey Maisie! Can I sit here? " Without even waiting for an answer he sat down. " Did you see that cat and the leprechaun? Is that supposed to be the entertainment?"

He heard the name "Nancy Torrent" called to the sorting hat. Torrent was Maisie's last name. "Maisie, is that girl one of your cousins? Is she nice?" he asked, wondering if he could make another friend.

Edited by Matthew Taylor

Turnip

It was the start of a new year. The house elves had been working on the feast preparations for several days. Turnip took a look around the hall. It all looked spendid. Turnip had used the excuse of checking on the feast to get out of the kitchen but he was actually looking for someone. There he was, Louis was back. Louis was one of Turnip's very favorite people in life and Turnip was happy to see him back at school. He was seated at the Gryffindor table surrounded by first year students. Turnip hurried over to him. He wiggled his way between the two girls and stood on the bench to greet Louis. He had just welcomed Louis back to Hogwarts when he heard what the two students on the other side of him were saying. A cat.... a green man....

Turnip looked up and down the room. Then he saw them. Paddy the Leprechaun was in the castle. Ohhh this could mean trouble. Mrs. Norris, was after the little leprechaun. Mrs. Norris had someone's shoe tied to her tail. Turnip wasn't too worried about Mrs. Norris. She always seemed to be able to take care herself but the young elf was afraid the she might eat Paddy the Leprechaun. Turnip decided to help besides he didn't want a disturbance to reck the feast they'd all worked so hard on. Turnip jumped on the table and down to the bench on the other side. "Turnip must catch the cat!" he yelled back so the others would know why he left their table so quickly and ran after Mrs. Norris.

OOC See feast topic for Mrs. Norris and Paddy's post.

Louis Weasley-Ashcroft

Where in the world was Turnip? Didn't he know there were some special crayons awaiting him deep down in Louis right pocket? Usually houselves didn't show their faces in the great hall. Later there would be a trip to the kitchens since Turnip was bound to love the new crayons he had purchase. These special crayons produced more then one color when drawing on paper.

Yes. Louis was now surrounded by first years. Ones that were eager to be here in the house of the Lions. A splash were heard, people were covered in ink, and for once Louis remained dry. A little green man? Where? Louis turned around and saw what the girl was talking about. Impressed he said, "This is quite the feast. Best one that we have had since I started coming to this school. I wonder what is going to happen next?"

What came next was something very unexpected. The one houself Louis had been wanting to see appeared at their table. Turnip was quite commical jumping up onto the table and then back onto the bench. Calling after him he said, "Hey Turnip. I have some special crayons for you. Come see me when your not so busy okay?" Louis watched as the houself was coming to the rescue.

Victoria Irons

When Morganna complimented her name, Victoria smiled. She did like her name.

"Yes, I love being in Gryffindor. It's amazing! Its gonna be great!"

Yes, she was very excited. She was over excited with all this amazing tip-top wow-ing things, but this food was starting to make her feel sleepy. They didn't drug the food...did they? They better not!

Then an older boy turned around and congratulated them on getting into Gryffindor.

"Thanks, I'm really pleased." Victoria told him honestly.

Then Morganna complimented the food. Victoria took a mouthful of roast chicken and the nodded in agreement.

"Its the best I've ever tasted."

The older boy (who's name was Louis) said they should check out the kitchens sometime. Victoria nodded in agreement.

"Yeah! Wanna go sometime Morganna?" She asked.

She hoped she'd say yes, they could have some real fun.

Then Morganna told Victoria she had two brothers here and asked if Victoria had any sibilings. Well, might as well be honest, eh?

"No," she said, smiling sadly. "Just me. My Mother died giving birth to me. So they'll be no more of the likes of me." She shrugged. Then deciding to carry on the conversation on a higher note, she asked,

"Are your brother's in Gryffindor?"

Aoi Bianchi

Aoi listened to the girl. "Well um... Ah... You see..." But he couldn't get a word in edgewise, before the girl was calling out to someone else.

Now what? He blinked, quietly looking around at the rest of the table. He wasn't as daring as Shoten, not nearly daring enough... He sighed, man, how he just wanted to get this over with. He sat there looking around for anyone familiar, but didn't see anyone really that he knew. "If only Bruce were here," He murmured. Really, language had never failed him before, why was it doing so now, of all times? He finally got up the courage and nodded. "The little green man is a leprechaun, and that cat chasing him I believe must be the notorious Mrs. Norris, if I'm thinking right." Aoi commented. "If you want, I'm sure there's someone here who knows a stain removal spell of some sort." He added.

Louis Weasley-Ashcroft

Most likely Louis was going to find his way into the kitchens. He had plans to go there later on that night. Turnip was his favorite houself. Sometimes Louis wished he could take him home with him. Mum might appreciate it only if he was a good cook and did all the housework. Louis didn't like seeing the creatures work so much. He would much rather have them playing and going on adventures with him. Did houselves even have fun? Louis made a mental note to himself to talk to Turnip about this.

It was time to mingle just a little bit longer. The food was getting low on supplies which meant soon gramps eternal speech then if he was still alive by then going back to the commonrooms or the kitchens depending on how late it was. "I can even take you to the kitchens. I go there way to often myself. Just send me an owl when you want to go and I can skip out on homework."

The two girls then continued to talk to each other while Louis ate the rest of his food. The sooner he and that speech was done, the sooner he could get out of here.

Samantha Jaydon

Samantha was struck dumb by the strange things going on around her. Although she was a half blood, she had never known about things like leprachauns, house elves, food appearing magically out of nowhere. She had been taught that such things were just make belief and childrens' imagination. Well, of course she did not. She grew up like a muggle, her magical identity hidden from her by her own father.

Of course he just wanted her to learn to live without magic and hence he hid it from her, but he had also deprived her of getting to know such amazing stuff. Hearing the other first years talking about the cat chasing the leprechaun like it was a normal everyday occurrence she felt left out and out of the loop.

She was extremely curious about the house elf. It looked really cute and funny.Samantha had heard that they were kept as slaves in certain families but she had no idea that Hogwarts had them too. She decided to ask the boy who had just accidentally spilled some ink on another girl or any of the other students sitted around her . It would also be a good time to make new friends she realised.

" I didn't know that Hogwarts has house elves too! Do you know what they do here?" she asked to no one in particular, her golden brown eyes twinkling with curiosity. She did not mind who replied her really. She was excited to make friends.

Edited by Samantha Jaydon

Aoi Bianchi

Aoi glanced at the girl who was across from him, obviously she was new to all of this, he smiled, blue and green eyes twinkling slightly at her. He moved his blonde braid of long hair behind his right shoulder carefully. "I would imagine that they cook and clean, as most of them do for families." His soft voice commented. "However, here at Hogwarts, they at least have it a bit better, I think anyway, they aren't forced to do things to hurt themselves and such at least I don't think they would."

He smiled at the girl knowingly. "Do you happen to know a stain removal spell, I seemed to of spilt ink when my quill snapped on... I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name?" He inquired of the other girl, worrying his lip slightly.

Samantha Jaydon

"I would imagine that they cook and clean, as most of them do for families."

"However, here at Hogwarts, they at least have it a bit better, I think anyway, they aren't forced to do things to hurt themselves and such at least I don't think they would."

Samantha listened as the boy explained to her what the house elves did in Hogwarts. She became upset that there were people out there who actually forced them do to things that caused them physical or emotional hurt.

"Do you happen to know a stain removal spell, I seemed to of spilt ink when my quill snapped on... I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name?" the boy continued.

"Oh sorry, I have no idea what spell would work. I'm a halfblood but my knowledge of the magical world is far worse than that of any of the muggleborns here I'm sure," she replied him, a small frown forming on her face.

She saw that for a boy he had rather long hair. Much longer than hers she noticed, as her "long" black curls stopped at the tip of her shoulders. She wanted to ask him about it but was afraid of insulting him. Afterall, she was known for making rather sharp, sarcastic comments by her family and even the friends she had made in the train.

Samantha realised she had not responded to the last of his question.

"Oops, I'm Samantha. And you are..?" she continued, a wide grin pasted on her face.

Edited by Samantha Jaydon

Aoi Bianchi

Aoi noted how she had glanced at his braid and wondered what she thought about it, looking around here not to mention the muggle realm showed that it wasn't common for a boy his age to have such long hair. But he'd grown it cause Bruce liked to brush it, and Aoi let him. "Aoi Bianchi." He smiled lightly in return. "And it's alright, my step Dad is a muggle born, well, maybe it's kinda hard to tell since he was abandoned as a kid on some orphanage doorstep." He stated. "But Dad loves him and Shoten's not a bad step, so who am I to complain?"

He looked at the other girl. "If my servant Bruce was here, he'd know how to get it out without leaving a trace of the stain, I'll have to owl him a letter or something for you." He explained.

Maisie Torrent

Maisie thought that the house elf was cute. The older boy sitting near them seemed to be friends with the elf. He said he knew how to get into the kitchens. "I want to go to the kitchens too if you go." Maisie wasn't quite sure she'd been invited but she put her bit in anyway. It never hurt to speak up. Another first year girl joined them at the table and asked about the house elves. The Torrent family didn't keep any elves so Maisie didn't have too much experience with them. "How come you don't know anything about magic if you are a half blood?" Maisie blurted out to the girl who had just introduced herself as Samantha. Maisie was friendly and fun but she wasn't particularly tactful and usually said whatever came into her mind.

The boy with the long braid introduced himself as Aoi. "Our hair is just about the same length. " she said. He was still worrying about the ink he'd splashed on her. "Don't worry about it." she said. "I had to have dumb hand me down robes anyway. They have a little tear in the bottom too. But it's not so bad you'd notice. " she told him. Well, her cousin Phoebe would notice she was sure. "I'm Maisie Torrent." she added remembering she still hadn't introduced herself.

Paddy

((Continued from Here! BTW, Paddy is swimming across a big bowl of Fruit Punch. :)))

Oi, this was getting crazy now. If it hadn't been for that nice little boy over at the other table, Paddy would have been a small snack that crazed cat. It should really just take a breather or something, Paddy was just trying to have a bit of fun and spice up the boringness of this sorting business. How could he possibly know that it would cause this much disaster.

Hopefully the big people in charge won't kick him out of the castle or even worse, make him leave Hogwarts all together. He didn't have anywhere else to go. He definitely couldn't go back to Ireland to be made fun of and be shunned.

After being released from the fluffy white stuff, Paddy didn't know what else to do. But he did know one thing! He wasn't going to stand still and let that evil cat get him. Nope, not going to happen. So, with a quick thank you to the boy he jumped off the table and landed with a grunt on the ground. He didn't know where he was going but he wasn't going to stop running, not until the cat bit his legs off or until he got away.

Oh look another table! Making his way on top of it, he heard a few people talking about him. How awesome, maybe everyone's eyes were on him and the cat. Maybe not.

Running across the top of the second table, he made sure he avoided the fluffy stuff he got caught in on the other. He was NOT going to be caught this time. Taking a quick look back to judge the distance between himself and the cat, he gulped as he saw that it was still chasing him and the shoe had been taken off of his tail somehow. Stupid kids, they should have left it on there. Didn't they realize that it was trying to eat Paddy? A shoe would have slowed it down somewhat.

Turning his head back forward, he realized that he was running straight towards another food. Great! He smacked right into the side of the bowl and did a flip into it. Paddy wasn't sure what it was but he knew that it was red and sticky and even tasted pretty good.

Luckily it was a liquid and not a solid, so getting stuck in it this time wasn't possible. Taking a few strokes to get to the edge, Paddy climbed out of it, soaking wet and exhausted. Maybe he should stay out of the castle from now on. His leg was covered in white stuff and he was now sticky from his head down to his little feet.

Mrs Norris

((In case Ms. P. Torrent is reading this, your actions are quite alright. :))

It was quickly becoming quite clear where the midgets loyalties lay: with the rulebreakers or with the rule abiders. The ones yelling at her and helping that insufferable green creature along were obviously part of the rulebrearkers, miserable miscreants they were, while the ones that threw murderous and indifferent glances towards it were the the rule abiders. That's right runts, just let her do the work and it will all be ok.

Now, the shrimp that had freed her of the shoe was on neutral territory; Mrs. Norris didn't know what to think of the it yet. One the one hand, it had gotten rid of the shoe, but on the other, she had broke the golden rule: Never coddle the cat. The cat had squirmed rather violently when she had felt herself held rather tightly. She did acquiesce to being held momentarily when she realized that the shoe was loosening away, but not to being held aftewards. One determined twist later, the cat was free again.

The delay had allowed that unfortunate creature to get ahead, so the cat doubled her efforts. There was no letting up on the chase. Why weren't more of the mini two-leggers trying to stop that thing?! Mrs. Norris was a bit incensed at the lack of effort on their parts towards an unruly rulebreaker. Of course, it was all up to her wasn't it. The cat heedlessly, leapt between two runts off the Slytherin table and then unceremoniously used another midget's robes as a step ladder, using them to get up onto the next table.

More utensils, food, and pumpkin juice went flying as the cat ran on. There it was! Perfectly in her line of sight was the green wretch. If it didn't stop soon, it would be sorry that it ever existed! The cat grinned an evil grin when it saw the thing fall into the liquid. Maybe it would drown, but of course, Merlin's Law said otherwise. It just began swimming. SWIMMING. Mrs. Norris gave a look of digust as the creature's complete lack of decency as she raced close, determined to catch it without getting wet. She was almost there, almost to the bowl! She would catch it right as it got out! The cat pushed off her haunches with a great leap and....*SPLASH*

(continued here)

Edited by Mrs Norris

Aoi Bianchi
Aoi Bianchi jumped up- helping to fish the cat out of the bowl, he wasn't surprised that the soaked and starting to become sticky cat looked rather... Angry. Aoi knew better than to tick off a mad animal anymore than necessary, he'd probably already done too much by interfering. "Sorry," He apologized, setting the wet bundle of fur down on the floor. Edited by Aoi Bianchi

Turnip

Turnip clattered his way over the Slytherin table but not fast enough to catch the leprechaun or stop the cat. The Slytherins were interferring enough in their own way. A slytherin boy helped Paddy out of the mashed potatoes but a Slytherin girl helped remove the shoe from the cat's tail. Paddy had made it successfully out of the punch bowl but the cat was gaining on him. Turnip jumped up onto the end of the table. Doing a funny obstacle course dance over and around the plates and bowls he made his way down the table.

He slid to a halt as the cat gained on the leprechaun. Turnip covered his eyes and yelled. "Oh he is being eaten. " But that wasn't true. The cat had fallen into the punch bowl and was being fished out by a young Gryffindor boy with a long braid. Turnip remembered his friend was at the far end of the table as well and called out to Louis. "Louis! Being saving the Leprechaun!"

Hector Farquhar Torrent

Hector Farquhar Torrent quite enjoyed a quiet dinner.

The Great Hall was not a place for that. Over the years at Hogwarts, one freckled Gryffindor had to get used to eating with a bunch of people yelling in his ear -- and then a bunch of people yelling in other people's ear. All the while Hector ate, making quiet remarks that subtly boasted about himself, but usually he stayed content with his chicken and noodles.

Except for the this night.

Enjoying his dinner, scooping the pasta in spoonful by spoonful, Hector looked to his left. Apparently there was pandemonium breaking loose right next to him. How dare it. How dare it break loose as he was enjoying his nice golden chicken. The boy scowled, and threw down his meaty drumstick in disgust. He wasn't going to take this business.

"House elves, cats, and leprechauns. Yeah not how I want to spend my dinner."

He hastily got up and left the Great Hall. Maybe he'd starve.

Then he rejoiced because he had 300 posts. ;D

Jake Anderson

Never before Had Jake seen such chaos. A cat a house elf and a lepercaun were causing havic to hhis nice dinner. He watched as the cat fell into the punch bowl and the house elf he recanized as Turnip yelled for a boy named Louis to save the lepercaun he desided to ask a question.

"Hey Turnip whats going on?" He asked trying to be heared.

Courtney Deluxe

Courtney woke up from another nightmare of being kicked out of the house she had lived in for twelve years, all because she had bad grades. She hated those nightmares. She had them too often. Too often.

Courtney rushed down to the Great Hall. Before her second term of her second year, when she had a sudden realisation of great truth, she never came down here. But Courtney needed her five-a-day and her three meals. Speaking of meals, it was lunch time. Everyone loved lunch time. Including Courtney, well now she did. It was now, anyway. Nothing better than the present, as the old saying would say. Courtney was not going to look back over the first term of her first year. Horrible term. She had kept getting owl mail from her father, most were howlers. Why was he so angry with HER? She had not chosen to go to Gryffindor. She had been chosen. Truth be told, she was starting to like it.

Courtney piled her plate high with food. Most of it was stuff that was good for her though. For every ten pieces of good stuff, there was a bar of chocolate, or a packet of crisps. Food was certainly delicious at Hogwarts.

Louis Weasley-Ashcroft

At long last Louis was back at Hogwarts and about to experience his Owl year. This was the year he had most been dreading. Making Prefect made thoughts of what was to come a lot smoother. Perhaps Prefects had special privileges when it came to exams? He doubted it since the Professors were here to torture the students and in no way would favor anyone.

Louis was partially looking forward to experiencing having the badge on his chest but wasn't sure whether or not he wanted the extra responsibility. This probably meant less time for the better things in life such as dueling. All last year the Gryffindor had worked hard and managed to get just as good as his dueling rivals that is except Raven. Louis bound to spend the rest of his life doing that.

Here he was yawning loudly at the table. There has been so much drama on talking with friends on the train that he hadn't had much time for a nap.

Just as his Grandfather got up to gave a speech, Louis placed his arms on the table and laid his head down. He didn't even care that this was probably setting a bad example being a Prefect and all. Just a short nap during the speech wouldn't hurt right? Besides, Louis could hear his Grandfathers voice even in his sleep. Louis hardly realized that he slept right up to the end and that people started eating and talking all around him.

Lai Harthorn

Lai grinned as he went and sat down at the Gryffindor Table, he grinned as he plopped right next to Aoi, obviously one of two that he knew already for this year. "HelloBeanstalkIcan'tbelieveIgettositatthesametableasyouI'm

starvinghowaboutyou?" He inquired, smiling as he gulped down food like a maniac.

"I can't believe it's not even the start of the year and they've cancelled something already! But it was for the Triwizard Tourney whatever that is!" He sounded excited none the less. "Why don't they have a football team though?" He wondered. "Oooopie!"

Aoi had to roll his eyes at these antics of Lai's before the idiot shut himself up by cramming a pie in his face, thank God.

Edited by Lai Harthorn

Tristan Troy

"Taters!" Tristan said with a smile as he plopped into the seat beside Lai and Aoi. "We're in the same house as Aoi! Isn't that great?" He grinned as he reached over and shoveled food onto his plate, which really looked like what his mom used as a 'platter', as she called it, to him, though he didn't mind. There was a lot of different food, and he wanted to try it all!

"So how bad are the classes here, Aoi?" Tristan said before taking a large bite out of a roll of bread. He cleared his throat with a few gulps of pumpkin juice before taking another bite. Once he'd swallowed, he leaned forward to see Aoi past Lai. "And what's that Triwizard thing the Headmaster was talking about? Dad never mentioned that before."

Jasmine Martirio

Jasmine practically JUMPED into the Gryffindor table. She looked around like a chicken with it's head cut off. There were SO MANY GRYFFINDORS!! She practically bounced in her seat, looking over at her brother Ben at another table. She frowned for a second, realizing they would be in different houses, but quickly began looking around for people she knew.

She watched the rest of the ceremony quietly bouncing with exitement. After the last X, Y's, and Z's had been called, HM Weasely went up to the podium and began to talk, though she was too exited to finally BE at one of these tables that she had heard storys about to actually hear anything he said.

She jumped-yet again-when food magically appeared at the table. She would look at everyone later: her stomach was ROARING. Jas picked up anything that looked good an chowed down, not caring if anyone saw. She hadn't eaten since the train ride, for goodness sakes. "I'm gonna LOVE this place!" she mumbled between stuffing mashed potatoes in her mouth and drinking this wonderful tasting juice...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.