Sign in to follow this  
Gullveig

Gryffindor House Table

Fletcher Torrington

Fletcher pulled the hat off his head, wincing barely as a hair that was trapped inside the hat got pulled off. He grinned as the roaring applause from the Gryffindor table reached his ears, and searched for a particular fourth year Hufflepuff before shrugging.

He sat down, grinning for innumerable reasons, in a vacant space. Fletcher was already planning a letter to his mum. "Um...'ello...I'm...Fletch Torrington." He half-smiled, looking around at the Gryffindor table.

Nicholas J Hamblin

Nicky sat down next to Nicole and her little sister. "Hey, girls!" he said. "And Jess! congrats! You're in the right house!" He took a long slip of his pumpkin juice. "We sure had fun this summer, didn't we? All that visiting and pranking and having fun."

He grinned. "I love magic! I wonder what we'll be doing this year." He looked over the new crop of first years, then picked up his glass of butterbeer and said “Congratulations new Gryffies! Welcome to the best house ever! You’re going to love your stay. Be prepared to be pranked and to prank back!”

Nicole Amber

Nicole watched as her sister began speeking to another kid and sat there for a moment thinking about where her friends were. Then BAM, There was Nicky. Before he could stop her she barreled into him giving him a bone crushing, gut squeezing hug.

"Welcome back," she said pulling him down onto the chair again as he was already sitting down but when she hugged him she sort of pulled him up. Then he congratulated all the new Gryffindors.

"Yeah, what he said," Nicole added not wanting to make a speech of her own. It wasn't like she was a gifted speeker. Well Nicky wasn't one either but she didn't want to give a speeck or what ever. "So how have you been?" she asked Nicky glad he was here and not sick at home.

Fletcher Torrington
Pranks? Fletcher--ahem--Fletch's ears perked up hearing the word. He pranked all of his friends at home at least once a month. That was what he needed here! Hmm... Fletch craned around, forest green eyes searching behind the thick lenses of his glasses for a likely "partner in crime."

Nicholas J Hamblin

"I still can't believe you guys pranked me so bad on the train!" he laughed. "I was so mad! But the next day I was missing you so I was glad you all came to fly at my house." he laughed some more. "I was thinking of putting something in the ickles drinks, or giving them some of those treats that turn them into canaries!" He laughed some more. "That would be so fun!"

He looked over to her and said, "So how's the sister? Will she be fun to have around or will she be a pain in the patoot?”

Jess Amber

Jess stared at the boy next to her who was looking for someone. She heard him say his name once which was Fletch. "Hey Fletch. Are you looking for someone?" she asked the boy who had glasses on.

He didn't look much like a prankster but then again you never knew. Then she heard her name mentioned and she whirled around intime so see Nicky was there congradutaling her. "Thank ya," she said but too quietly and wasn't her over the growing noise. She could barely here him but she didn't miss it when he asked where she was.

"Right here. And I will not be a pain in the putooty. What ever that is? Haven't you heard what the hat said. It called me a prankster. It said was mischevious. I shall be genius, genius I tell you," she said to him and then turned back to see if the boy had said anything.

Fletcher Torrington

(OOC: oh, all right... :P )

Fletch's eyes gradually roved back to the guy who'd suggested pranks first. Bingo. He would have to bone up on wizarding pranks, for he had been raised in a Muggle neighborhood. That had been his dad's only insistence when Mum was pregnant with him, or so Fletch had been told. But the stories of the womb can be explored later; right now we're interested with one young four-eyed coconut-head first year, aren't we?

"So...what kind of pranks do you do here?" Fletch asked, seemingly casual, though the fire in his green eyes could not be disguised, mostly because fire is red, his eyes were green, insert fancy sounding Latin quote here, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Alessandra Sapphire

As Alessandra waited for a response to her earlier statement, she looked around the table at those sat with her. Goodness, everyone looked so excited to be here! Smiling at everyone and anyone who looked her way, Alessa caught snippets of the conversations around her. Looking between the boy with the glasses, the two sisters and the other boy, Alessa tilted her head slightly before looking away once she understood what it was that they were speaking about.

Pranks.

No thank you.

Alessa was as fun-loving as the next student, but she'd longed for so many years to be in the place she was in now that she wasn't going to risk it. Not so soon after first arriving anyway. Exploring - that was different somehow. If they got caught anywhere they shouldn't be, they could put it down to being new. Pranks were something you couldn't really put down to being a bit green around the gills for. Though she would probably participate in plenty of tricks later on, Alessa made sure to keep out of that particular conversation for the moment. Instead, she raised her goblet to her lips and took a sip of pumpkin juice, enjoying the sweet taste and using the time to gaze around the Great Hall.

Nicholas J Hamblin

"Oh, Hi," said Nicky to the four eyed kid sitting near him. "I'm Nicky Hamblin. And those girls!" he pointed at the Amber sisters, "put makeup on my face while I was asleep on the train going home from Hogwarts last June!"

He looked at them giggling. "Yeah!" he said in a semi-serious voice. "Laugh it up! Then they took pictures of me asleep and altered the shot to make it look like I was dressed up like a GIRL!" He fought back a snicker. "They made me so MADDD!" Then he lost all pretense of being angry and just bursed into laughter. "I get embarrassed every time I see one of those pictures! I don't think I'll ever live it down!"

He shook his head and laughed some more. "Want a biscuit?"

Nicole Amber

Nicole looked at the boy. He had fire literally in his eyes. It was wicked. Then she listened as Nicholas explained what they did. "And don't forget. We also made it so the moving picture made you blow kisses.

I still have on of them with me. It's one of my good luck objects," she said sticking her hadn into her pocket and digging deep in feeling her way around two fart bombs, a few Edible Dark Marks, her Bounce Back Balls and then her hand wrapped around a flat object and she pulled it out.

There stood little Nicky blowing kisses at all of them. She snorted. "You look so beautiful," she laughed. Then after she had laughed her guts out and realized that Nick would probably try to rip it up she put it in her pocket where it was safe and sound.

"We do tons more stuff though. Me and my sister. We call ourselves the P Squad 'cause we are so pranksterific. It stands for Pranking Squad if you haven't figured that out. So how about you..." she said ending it there since she hadn't caught his name

Fletcher Torrington

"No, thanks, but could you pass the rolls?" Fletch grinned, that was one of his best jokes. Says a lot, doesn't it?

Hmm...Makeup...not a bad idea...Fletch looked around again, his mouth almost hurting because of all the grinning. He was in Gryffindor, he was discussing pranks, he was going to leave the line of first years (hopefully with a friend) to get into some mischief...Life was not better than this.

Adelaide McQuaid-Corvin

Adelaide had enjoyed her summer vacation with her family but she had missed school and she had missed her friends. She planned on hunting down Melinda the first chance she got. She had a ton of stuff to tell her.

Adelaide found an empty spot at the crowded Gryffindor table. It seemed like the hat had given her house an extraordinary amount of ickles, but maybe it just looked like a lot. There were three or four new girls near her and a first year boy and Nick. He seemed to know some of them already. She introduced herself to the first years, "Hi, I'm Adelaide. Welcome to Gryffindor. We are the best house! You'll be glad your in Gryffindor. " She really couldn't imagine anyone wanting to be in another house.

She greeted Nick. She couldn't help but smile at the thought of Nick in his first year at school. It seemed like the kid was forever spilling something on himself or someone else. "Hey Nick, How was your summer.

Nicholas J Hamblin

"Hi Adelaide!" he smiled at her. "We're just discussing this summer!" Nicky's eyes flashed with a real deep emotion that he wasn't too excited about sharing as he leaned back to Nicole and Fletcher. "Oh, that Picture!" he growled. "That's the one I was talking about. I was so angry at the picture that I almost dumped them as my friends. I mean I wasn't so angry at the make up, it was that Picture!"

He reached over to Nicole to grab the offending piece of art. "Now they have something to hold over my head for ever and ever! Proof that I was pranked by them. Well, tell them about the vegan dish that I put a potion in the next week when you guys came over to fly on the gryphons! tell them what happened to you!"

Edited by Nicholas J Hamblin

Nicole Amber

"You put something in the vegan dish?" Nicole asked amazed that he had done that. What was a vegan dish? "What's a vegan dish? I am only twelve. How am I supposed to know what that means? It's not in my vocabulary," she told Nicky wanting to knock some sense into him.

"Oh and by the way. You know the major prank we were all going to do! I thought of it along with Jess. We have created something so simple and yet so major and we have to discuss it with you guys but it has to be in secret without any of these other people who could steel it at any time.

"Secret I tell you!" she told him and then she remembered. "Ah, you poisoned that stuff? That was what made me throw up three times on the Gryphon on the way back and feel nauseous. I thought it was just the food. As soon as I got home my mother did a spell and it was all better.

That was nothing palease. That picture is perminent and as long as I hold one of the photos and Jess holds one of the photos and one of them is locked in a vault in our a thousand vaults room it aint going to be gone anytime soon," she said with a devious look on her face. "Plus I have four more because I didnt give them out after you stormed away and broke all of our hearts," she added.

Fletcher Torrington

(OOC: man, I needa reeda da posts!)

Fletch cracked up at the sight of the photo. It was good! He only had enough time to halfway form a thumbs-up before he burst out laughing at the picture.

After a few moments, the laughter subsided, and he got back on the bench, finishing his roll, still giggling a bit.

Nicholas J Hamblin

"Sorry," he said. "I was just upset. And I really didn't put anything in the vegi food. I just told you I did! Remember the potions professor's lesson on Placibos?" He then kinda smiled. "I can't wait to hear about your prank. You wanna pull it on the new firsties?" He looked over at the new students. "I wonder which of them have figured out yet not to eat a biscuit offered by a Gryffindor." He smiled as he pointed at Fletcher. "Good one, mate!"

He turned back to the older Gryffindor girl. "So tell me, Adelaide," he said. "How was your summer?"

Jess Amber

Jess listened as they talked about the pranks and she did remember clearly both of them. Especially the one that Nicholas did. As soon as Jess openned the door to let Nicole in she threw up on her. And the picture. She laughed at that.

"Mine. I edited it. Now while blowing kisses Nicky, guess what? You wink also. I also made your lips really fat and puckery. I shaved off part of your head and gave you eye lashes and high hells," she said wishing she had brought hers in her pocket instead of in her trunk so she could show it to them. Then Nicole mentioned the ultra secret prank that they had spent days brainstorming.

"It's the best prank. We came up with twenty but it came down to this one. Completely original and easy and stuff," she said happily. She glanced at the giggling boy next to her. He was strange.

"Yeah, well Nicky. Well you were off playing Malfoy I took to rummaging through your bags and found this," she said knowing for certain that she had this picture. She held up the picture of the girl/ woman. Maybe his mother... but who cared. "Care to explain?" she asked loving every minute of it preparing to run off and around the hall if neccesary.

Keira Paddock

OOC note, just as a precaution: This post is NOT in any way supposed to offend Ravenclaws. Or Miles. :P

Miles was officially a loser.

Keira cupped her hands to either side of her mouth to shout, "Better luck next time, Miles!" above the cheers of the Ravenclaw table that threatened to drown her out. At least they were enthused that he was joining them. Keira, on the other hand, had been hoping he would be sorted into Gryffindor and maybe even play for the Gryffindor quidditch team like her and Cammy. Giggleswick always spawn off some good quidditch player, thanks to their little league team.

But alas. He was destined for loserville.

On the bright side, now that they were down to the W's, it wouldn't be long before it was time to feast. Even after eating three treacle tarts, a cauldron cake, four chocolate frogs, two pumpkin juices and half a bag of Bertie Bott's, Keira was famished. She was eager to dig into the good food that Hogwarts promised, and the house elves nearly always outdid themselves for the first meal of the year. Sure enough, it wasn't long before the hat sent the last ickle scurrying to the hooting Slytherin table and Headmaster Weasley rose to give the customary welcome back speech.

It was the same boring drizzle as the previous years, and the only thing that interested her was the news that the people cursing the costumes at the ball last year had been reprimanded. Keira hadn't really enjoyed being the Fairy Godmother for the evening. She had done too many stupid, nice things for people... it had been a little bit embarrassing, once she came to. Finally, with a "Now, let's eat!" a sea of glorious dishes appeared on the table. Mmm. Here was the moment she had been waiting for!

"All right!" Keira cheered as she started piling food high on her plate. The returning Gryffindors were used to the fourth year's unsatiable appetite, that her lean figure failed to betray, but she could see feel the gawks of the newer members of the house as they watched her pile her plate higher, higher, and higher still.

As she bit into a chicken drumstick with fervor, Keira spotted Dominique's little brother sitting a little way away down the table, already getting himself acquinted with the other Gryffindors, and gave him a cheery wave hello.

"Alright there, Louis?" she said. " 'Grats on getting into Gryffindor, by the way. I was afraid you'd end up in Ravenclaw like Viccy."

Or Miles, the loser. <3

Kailey Duerre

"GRYFFINDOR!" the Hat shouted after a few moments on Kailey's head.

She had heard it talking to her, which kind of creeped her out. Then again, it was magic. She still had expected a warning, but then again she figured people wanted kids to be freaked out.

So, anyway, Kailey walked to the Gryffindor Table! She was so excited, she was still smiling widely. She took a deep breath, trying to calm down before she squealed.

Kailey sat down next to one of the older students, leaning her arm on the bench. How many more? she asked herself. She turned to the older kid next to her and tugged at their sleeve.

"Does it always take this long?" Kailey asked expectantly. "Will the feast come out soon? Do the House-elves really make good food?" she added as follow-ups. She blinked curiously at the student for a few seconds.

Ingo Aetos

Wow, the hat had said Gryffindor. Ingo had no knowledge of whether his mother was a Gryffindor or not but as he stepped off the rickity stool he knew; he was in the same house his mother had been in. It made his heart surge with pride and Ingo pumped his right fist in the air. He made is way to the cheering Gryffindor table by doing a skip/hop/jog mixture. He had forgotten to act cool for that second but he didn't care, he had made it, an official wizard in the Gryffindor house.

With the last name Aetos, Ingo was sorted fairly early and it was a little intimidating when he had to sit around the older students. But soon all the rest of the 1st years were sorted and he was surrounded by kids his age. While Ingo was busy loading his plate he overheard girls talking about exploring, and some people talking about pranks. "yes," he thought, exploring, pranking, all that was missing was the "late night" of the two. Exploring and pranking in the dead of night. Now that would take some real nerve. But then again, that picture they're holding is pretty hillarious. Ingo nudged the boy they called Nicky and said, " You know I don't think that dress suits you. . .You're much more of an Autumn. "

"I'm Ingo by the way."

Skye Rowan

Skye was buried now in mashed potatoes and chicken wings. She was so stuffed, but was acheing for dessert. She turned to Brian to try and make conversation.

"So, I heard that Amile got in Gryffindor as well. How's that for a coincendence? Are you happy with your house Brian?" Skye asked as she once again reached for the everlasting gravy boat.

She watched the teachers at the head of the Great Hall, eating as dignified as cats. Certainly much better than the students at any of the house tables. She smiled to herself as she gazed into the ceiling. The night sky was illusioned on the ceiling with floating candles and passing clouds.

The hat sorted a girl by the name of Kailey into Gryffindor, and she watched the girl walk at a fast pace towards the table. Skye flashed a smile at the new Gryffindor.

"Congratulations." She told her.

Fletcher Torrington
"Not at all," said Fletch, putting up a hand. He had a last bit of toast (yes, toast with applesauce, why?) and was full. Now...when did the feast stinkin' end so he could prank someone? Now, let's see... who all did he know here right now? There was Nicky, Alex from Hufflepuff, the pink and blue haired girls whose last name was Amber, and....and that was it, really. He grinned as the Amber girls one-upped Nicky once again. "Oi, for a pranker, they sure do bugger your arse," Fletch hinted to Nicky, smirking.

Jordan Ceci

Jordan was not at all nervous when he approached the hat as he knew nothing about any of the houses. But he was a bit nervous as he hated when people we staring at him.

After the hat said he was in Gryffindor he smiled and ran to the Gryffindor Table. He had to wait for a lot more kids to join their tables as he was near the beginning of the line for sorting.

Jordan was starting to get extremely hungary, seeing as he lost most of his chocolate frogs from the train because they kept jumping away. Once the last student was sorted, an amazing feast appeared before all of the students eyes. Jordan had never seen anything like it.

He kept adding food onto his plate until he was so full he felt like he was going to explode. After the main cource disappeared, the desserts came. He only had one bowl of pudding and when he was done he tunred to the girl that was sitting next to him.

"Hi! I'm Ceci, is this how we eeat normally because I am not used to these kinds of things, I'm used to more of pizza and wings. Is it a good thing that I'm in Gryffindor, everyone at the table looks a lot nicer than that table that has the green around it."

Nicholas J Hamblin

"That picture isn't mine," he said to Fletcher. "I have no idea where she got it from!" Nicky was suddenly interrupted by a short blond boy. "Hi Cici," he said. "I'm Nicholas Hamblin. But, you can call me Nicky. --erm-- when you get up to the Gryffindor tower, Register for a Mentor. That's the best way. Especially if you have no knowledge of magic. I am mentoring this year so maybe one of you will be in my mentoring group."

"That's not mine, Jess!" he called to her. "I think you must have gotten it out of Dev's bag. Sorry!"

Skye Rowan

"Hi there, nice to meet you. My name's Skye." She placed her chicken wing down and wiped her hands on her napkin.

"That's...Rowan...Skye Rowan." She smiled. "Are you glad to be put in Gryffindor?" She asked the boy. "You want some potatoes?" She asked him, passing the shiny bowl down the table.

"I guess then your a muggle-born? I am too." She smiled. FINALLY someone else like her.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.