Weasley

Announcements

Weasley

An animated drawing caught the Headmaster's eye when he passed by the bulletin board near the doors of the Great Hall. Peering close, he understood that the bright orange hair framing the stick figure's bald pate meant the drawing represented him. What he couldn't figure out was why in the world he was throwing chickens at... was that supposed to be Professor Brighton?

Chuckling, he removed the drawing from the board. "Excellent likeness, really." He declared to those within earshot. "But this board is for staff only."

((This topic is for announcements from staff members about anything you feel needs a greater audience than your classroom or office news threads.))

Derek Trimble

OOC: Apologies for the the OOC-ness of this post. I hope this is okay.

I just wanted to remind students that many of your grades for this year depend solely on your exams. Please visit your classrooms to find out the requirements for each subject. If you want to earn a grade and/or house points, your time is quickly running out.

Also, first year students, I just posted your exam.

Weasley

Posted Image

The prefects have organized a magical winter carnival to welcome you all back to Hogwarts. Keep a look out on the lawn for the forum to appear Sunday. The carnival will be open for roleplaying for 2 weeks (though ICly it's just one day, of course).

Miss Nomura

Shabby and torn, the posting appeared completely out of place as it lounged on the message board one fine May morning. As the little Hogwarts darlings peered closer, they’d realized that this poster had arrived fresh from the ministry.

Though, the word “fresh” might have been a bit too polite of a description.

Scrawled in a messy hand, the parchment had been quite obviously stained by something and gave off a deliberately shoddy and suspicious air.

And not to mention, quite…misspelled.

Aperition LESSONS!! Sign up NOW

MUST BE 17 by Awegust 31st

BRING SOME GALLEONS

MUST HAVE COMPLEATED FIFTH YEER!!!!

AND GIT REEDY TA LERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Click Me, Please!

Edited by Miss Nomura

Weasley

It's been too long since we've had a ball, hasn't it? Announcing...

Posted Image

The ball will begin mid next week, around the 12th. Costume rentals and further details will be posted this weekend.

Derek Trimble

(Once again, I apologize for being lame and posting OOC. I blame it on procrastination.)

Have you graded before?

Are you online right now and able to help grade for a while?

Add me on msn and lets chat!

I need help. I hadn't realized that McGinnis never posted grades for first term (2nd & 4th years) either and I'd like for students to get points/grades for their work.

prof_trimble@hotmail.com

I'm all good! Thanks so much to everyone who helped and/or offered to help. :D

Edited by Professor Trimble

Professor Marchbanks

Your OWL and NEWT exams for this term are all posted now. Please be aware that unlike previous years, the topics will be locked after one month. February 2nd, to be exact.

Your professors will accept late exams, of course. But procrastination is such an ugly habit, youngsters. Remember, the best way to get something done is to begin!

Derek Trimble

The Dueling Chamber is hosting a Dueling Challenge.

All those who participate will be awarded extra WP simply for keeping their posts between 50 to 200 words in length. That's it. You are fully encouraged to pop into the chamber and toss off a few quick duels of 60 word posts and earn double the WP that you might normally get. (Remember though that you won't earn bank money for posts shorter than 100 words).

There will also be extra rewards for the best-written duels for the challenge. For details, read this topic.

Note: Unlike the duels you'll be writing, the challenge itself is OOC (and Derek Trimble is not currently at Hogwarts).

Madam Knight

The Hospital Wing is in need of some new Student Assistants. If your future aspiration is to help others and become a medi-witch, then this is the perfect opportunity for you. We are currently looking for students in 5th, 6th, and 7th year to help out around the wing, as well as take in some IC training while helping those injured ickles.

If this sounds like something you'd like to do, proceed here.

Thank you.

Edited by Madam Knight

Weasley

Students of Hogwarts,

It's my pleasure to announce that the contingents from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and the Durmstrang Institute will arrive at 3pm Monday afternoon. Please join the Staff on the lawn after your classes to greet our visitors from abroad. Do remember that you are all representatives of your school and nation and comport yourselves accordingly.

A feast will follow in the Great Hall tomorrow evening. All students interested in representing Hogwarts would be wise to attend.

Your Headmaster,

Arthur Weasley

Alexa Lestero-Dotchev

VH16 HOGWARTS TALENT SHOW: RESULTS (finally)

--- PRIZE WINNERS. . .

Group members: Carpe Izepic & Benjamin Nece:

The group’s talent: Acting

Title of the act: Carpeo and Benliet

Link to thread: Carpeo and Benliet

Ribbon awarded:

Ribbon for the Most Awkward Onstage Kiss

aka; making Shakespeare turn in his grave

Group members: Rachael Pinkstone, Renee Katz & Ruby Flame

The group’s talent: Singing, dancing, crowd surfing?!

Title of the act: Amortentia

Link to thread: Amortentia

Ribbon awarded:

Ribbon for the Best Song/Dance Routine

Group members: Boyd Weber & Brett Trengrove

The group’s talent: Comedy & Rapping/Singing?

Title of the act: Soggy Knickers

Link to thread: Soggy Knickers

Ribbon awarded:

Ribbon for the most professors insulted during an act whilst still managing to escape without a detention? *cough* Best Pair?

Group members: Simone Halliwell, Simon Daniels

The group’s talent: Limericks

Title of the act: The Spectacular Simon(e)

Link to thread: The Spectacular Simon(e)

Ribbon awarded:

Best Thinking on Their Feet?

Group members: Camden Milner, Jodie Jaszczak

The group’s talent: Motivational Speaking?

Title of the act: Getting the Girl: 101

Link to thread: Getting the Girl: 101

Ribbon awarded:

Ribbon for the Most Cringe-Worthy Act

or Best Star Wars Reference of the Talent Show

Group members: Leda Chapman, Miles Weber, Orson Winchester, Sebastian Montague

The group’s talent: Muggle Magic Tricks

Title of the act: Leda’s World of Magic

Link to thread: Leda’s World of Magic

Ribbon awarded:

Ribbon For Most Distressing Act

(and managing to scare the audience silly)

Group members: Lunaria Pendragon

The group’s talent: Gymnastics

Title of the act: The Black and Gold Gymnast

Link to thread: The Black and Gold Gymnast

Ribbon awarded:

Ribbon for Managing to Look Most Like a Pretzel

Group members: Elle Morofgod

The group’s talent: Singing

Title of the act: The Totally Awesome Magical Musical Elle Morofgod

Link to thread: The Totally Awesome Magical Musical Elle Morofgod

Ribbon awarded:

Ribbon for the Best Tear-Jerker

Group members: Bryan Thompson

The group’s talent: Playing the Electric Guitar

Title of the act: Iron Maiden – With 100% more guitar solos

Link to thread: Iron Maiden – With 100% more guitar solos

Ribbon awarded:

Ribbon for the Best and only Guitar Solo

Group members: Paddy

The group’s talent: Raining Gold on People?

Title of the act: Paddy’s Spectacular…Stuff

Link to thread: Paddy’s Spectacular…Stuff

Ribbon awarded:

Ribbon for Best Performance From Magical Creature

--- PARTICIPANTS . . .

Ben Young

Anneliese Ashcroft

Alucx McKinley

Ashley Reload

Eriya Hacket

Doon Magen

Phoebus Alexanders

June Pachinko Johnson

Ali Killingsworth

Aedan Reid

Torchide Saevity

Simone Valentein

Roxanne Alders

Declan Roberts

The Hufflepuff Quidditch Team

All prize winners will be receiving a yummy prize sometime in the near future, and all participants will be receiving a be Karaoke Licorice for their efforts. Judging was done by Professor Mason and Professor Sheffield, so feel free to kick down their office doors if you're unhappy with the results. Thankyou everyone for being part of the VH16 Hogwarts Talent Show and sorry it took so long for us to get back to you.

Madam Knight

Hospital Wing Roleplay Challenge

Usually around this point in everyone’s life, they are bound to get cuts and bruises here and there from roughhousing or falling down. Then there is the whole broken bones bit, which is very easy for me to heal. Too easy, almost, but those are common physical injuries that just seem so… muggle.

We live in a magical world where many things can happen outside of the ordinary. We would like to see more of that. Examples range from: hands sprouting from your chest, steam pouring from your mouth or your ears, dragon pox, ringing like a bell every time you move… and oh so much more.

I challenge you to challenge us.

Prizes range from shop items to house points!

CLICK ME!

Madam Knight

The Hospital Wing is in need of some new Student Assistants for VH22. If your future aspiration is to help others and become a medi-witch, then this is the perfect opportunity for you. We are currently looking for students about to be in 5th, 6th, and 7th year to help out around the wing, as well as take in some IC training while helping those injured ickles.

If this sounds like something you'd like to do, proceed here.

Thank you.

Professor Oswald

History of Magic Contest/Project

INTRODUCTION:

This contest will be on historically significant witches or wizards. This can be an actual historical figure, an original character, or a creation of J.K. Rowling. Try to stay away from figures mentioned in History of Magic lessons and the Hogwarts founders. If you are unsure if the person you want to do is covered in a lesson or not, PM Professor Oswald or Tara McQueen and they can tell you.

INFORMATION:

INCHARACTER:

In character this is a History Fair taking place in the Great Hall with a panel of judges. You may include a short roleplay of your student presenting his or her report.

ENTRIES:

• All years may enter this contest.
  • Your report on the historical figure should be about 500 words but no real word count limitation is set. You may go above or below 500 words. 500 words is just the recommended minimum word count.
  • Visual aids (that are original work) are encouraged.
  • Post your entry as its own topic here in my office.
  • Upon entering, you are agreeing to allow me to use any and all information and/or graphics included in your post for future HOM projects.
JUDGING:
  • All entries will be reviewed by Professor Oswald, Mr Guiterman, and Tara McQueen.

PRIZES:
  • All entries will be awarded House Points out of 75 possible points (Projects will be judged/graded and Points given accordingly, 75 points is the maximum per entry).
  • The winner of the contest will be given the full amount of House Points and will win a small monetary prize of 5 galleons.
  • The winner of the contest will also get access to Tybalt the tortoise’s account to play him for the remainder of the year.

DEADLINE:

All entries must be submitted by January 1, 2012.

QUESTIONS?

Questions may be posted HERE and Tara and I will try to get back to you ASAP.

Good luck to all!

Aurora Braelin-VonHaus

Now Hiring! VH25 Hospital Wing Assistant

Posted Image

So, I'm losing 3 assistants once this VH year is done. If you are about to be a 5th, 6th, or 7th year in VH25 and are looking to add a little more ambiance to the castle and the Hospital Wing specifically, then apply here. :)

Mr Guiterman

Vh26 apparition sign ups for 6th and 7th year students are open here!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.