Sign in to follow this  
Weasley

The Gryffindor Table

Janus Sparhawk

"Ready as I'll ever be I guess." Janus answered with a sigh. He still had mixed emotions about the upcoming return back to normal wizarding society and the fact that he wasn't going to be back here in the fall. It was going to take some adjustment that was for sure.

"I'm sort of glad it's finally here, but sort of not at the same time if that makes sense. How've you been Keith?"

Keith Corvin

Keith nodded his head like he understood and the shook it when he realized he really didn't. But, Janus had changed the subject to Keith.

"I'm good, but I'm totally ready for summer vacation. This term was just a bit too boring for me, what, without the quiddtich games to watch or any astronomy meetings to go to and the what seems like down hill slide of the school's population," Keith took a bite out of a chicken leg. "All in all, nothing too exciting has been going around. Well, I did hear rumors though." Keith took another bite of the chicken and took a nice gulp of pumpkin juice. After swallowing all the contents in his mouth, he leaned more towards Janus and in a low and serious voice said, "I heard that Death Eaters were attacking students again. Is that true?" Keith wasn't going to admit it but it kinda scared him.

Samantha Stone

Sam walked into the Great Hall, carrying her bulging bookbag. She had just come from the library and had TONS of new books to read! Sam slung the heavy book bag onto the table, making a few dishes near her shake. She smiled at her two friends. "Hello, guys! Whatcha been up to lately?" Sam had taken her Potions exam earlier today, so she was still a bit jittery from it. Poor Sammy had forgotten to study. She had been so busy taking care of her bat that she had spaced on her exam.

Sam scooped a small helping of salad onto her plate. Sam was about 65% vegetarian. Sure, she'd eat meat, or else she'd be extremely skinny. Sam was already thin, but there was a difference between thin and skinny. Skinny was more of a sickly thin. Thin was just.... not fat? But, anyways, Sam was sort of small for her age, weighing a mere 74 pounds. That was considerably small for a twelve year old girl, or so says her Muggle doctor.

It suddenly occurred to Sam that Janus would not be coming back. She must capture him in picture! Sam quickly reached for her book bag, opened a side pocket and took out her sketch book and many pencils. Her hand began to rapidly move across the paper as Janus' big head began to form on it. Soon there was a nearly perfect sketch of his big-headedness. Sam began to color in his head with detail and stuff. Not just the regular doodler, Sam had certain tools for shadowing and smudging and smearing. Fun, fun, and more fun! Soon, it almost looked like it was actually him, stuck on a sheet of paper. Sam put a small black dot in the corner of it. The dot was very tiny, but Sam would notice it. This meant that Sam was going to hang this one up at her house. Sam smiled and nodded.

Janus Sparhawk

"Hey Sam...just gettin some food between studying for Exams...they're brutal...NEWTs...don't reccommend them."

Janus laughed. Obviously people had to take them just to get out of here, but man...what a horrid way to end your school career...they were just soooo exhausting.

Janus continued to eat his food and was nearly done when he realized that not only was Sam eating, but also sketching. "Hey...whatcha sketching there?" he asked. He wasn't quite at a good angle to see it.

Tiffany Li

Having just been sorted Tiffany was dazed, she never thought of herself as the Gryffindor type......*I guess I was wrong, oh well, I hope I fit in*.....Sitting down at the table she noticed a group of older students and decided to introduce herself, after all they can help her, not only with getting to know the place but maybe teach her a few tricks and possibly even a bit of English.

"Hello, my name is Tiffany. I is just sorted. Me is still a bit lost with what is happening around here. Can you help?" Tiffany smilled tentatively, her english was slowly getting better.

Then a thought occured to her, *Oh no, I'm interupting their conversation, maybe they don't want to talk to little students*

"Uh....me sorry......was I interupting you conversation?" She said nervously

Tiffany reached down the table and started filling her plate up, those lollies weren't very filling.

Chris Foxwell

Excitement ran through Chris's viens when the Sorting Hat told him and everyone else he was in Gryffindor. He hurried over to the table to sit with his fellow Gryffindors. Chris was unsure about wear to sit until he heard a girl name tiffany introducing herself to a bunch of older students.HE quickly walked over and sat by her and introduced himself " Hi, Im Chris." Chris could tell that Tiffany was a little nervous because she then appoligized for interupting thier conversation. hris didn't know what to say so he decided started to fill up his plate.

Monica Blackwood

After having heard these expected words "Gryffindor!" Monica boldly got to the Gryffindor table. She was a little bit confused, when she noticed lots of older students that were talking and having fun. There were only two persons that seemed to be a little bit aback, a boy and a girl. Monica didn't know what to do. She could sit down and eat, or start a conversation. She chose the second option and joined them.

New here? My names Monica Blackwood.. , she started and waited for the answer.

Tiffany Li

Tiffany turned and smilled at the other first-years. She turned and started talking to them whilst waiting for the older kids to reply.

"Hello, yes me is new here too. What do yous think of hogwarts so far? Did you expect to get into Gryffindor?"

*I suppose Gryffindor is not to bad, everyone is friendly* Tiffany was still getting used to being a Gryffindor herself

Aeryn Sydric

Aeryn slowly seated herself at the Gryffindor table. Her insides were a mixture of shock, happiness, anxiety and a whole lot more. As she sat down, it was calming to find that there were a few familiar faces seated there as well.

She had sat down next to a bubbly girl on her left.

"Hello, yes me is new here too. What do yous think of hogwarts so far? Did you expect to get into Gryffindor?"

Aeryn turned to reply to her in hopes of her 'awkward-ness' soon disappearing.

"Well, it seems a lot larger than I had imagined. As for the sorting, I was utterly clueless on which house I should rightfully belong in," Aeryn stated with a smile.

"Oh yes, how silly of me. I'm Aeryn Sydric," She told the two girls with an outstretched hand.

Tiffany Li

Tiffany smilled at the new girl, then she realized that she hadn't introduced herself.

"Sorry, I'm Tiffany. Nice to meet you." Taking Aeryn's hand and shaking it.

"I didn't think I was in Gryffindor. I thought maybe Ravenclaw, but looks me wrong. I is agreeing with you, this castle is very big. I hope we is not getting lost easily......"

Tiffany was happy, she loved making friends almost as much as reading.

Aeryn Sydric

((OOC:I sense that you’ve got a flair for the dramatics Miss Sydric. Don’t worry though I find that admirable, admirable like your other traits. You are loyal and sociable and carefree, the perfect Gryffindor. Godric welcomes you…GRYFFINDOR! Note to self: Tone down the dramatics. lol.))

Aeryn's smile grew even larger as the girl introduced herself. "Hello Tiffany, a pleasure meeting you," She greeted. "Tell me about it, I knew Hogwarts was big but I didn't think it would be this big."

Aeryn then turned her attention to the girl Tiffany was talking to before. "Hi there, I'm Aeryn Sydric," She stated once more with a smile and an outstretched hand.

Edited by Aeryn Sydric

Tiffany Li

Tiffany grinned, "Well, we is get lost together! Tell me, what class you looking forward to? What is you like doing?"

Tiffany looked around and noticed that no one else was replying. *oh well, at least i made a new friend*

Turning back to Aeryn, Tiffany waited for her reply.

Aeryn Sydric

'Why was everyone so quiet?' Aeryn thought to herself. "Well, we is get lost together! Tell me, what class you looking forward to? What is you like doing?"

"Haha. That would be nice," She laughed heartily. "Umm.. I think I just might take a liking towards Defense Against the Dark Arts. Hobbies would be reading and trying to play Quidditch," Aeryn said with a smile.

Edited by Aeryn Sydric

Ewan Mcgowan

Ewan had just been sorted into Gryffindor he walked over to the table very happy about it to he sat down next to some girls he saw get sorted he filled his plate and started eating he took a gulp of pumpkin juice "So how are you" said Ewan to the girls acroos from him.

Tiffany Li

*Wow, we're very similar* Tiffany thought

"Really? Me thinks will like Charms, my brother told me it was the most .....practical? and.....useful? subject. and me is liking playing qudditch and reading too!! What...position? do you play?Do you have any.....siblings??" Tiffany stumbled over a few of the words unsure of whether she had translated them correctly.

Eva Kamaria

Eva beamed as the hat was lifted off of her head and made her way over to the Gryffindors. She quickly scanned the table for any empty seats and found one near two girls and a boy who looked around her age.

She caught the tail end of their conversation as she stood behind the seat across from the boy. "Jeez, I'm glad that's over," She smiled. "Hey, my name's Eva. Mind if I join you?"

Amy Bennett

Amy entered the Great Hall, excitement buzzing through her veins. She was a Gryffindor! And she was with Iviera! She couldn't wait to meet more people. Her mind cautioned her, though. Probably not everyone is going to want a first year buddy, she reminded herself. Take it easy.

She sat down in an empty chair at the Gryffindor table and glanced around at the various faces. Her eyes went wide as she recognized one of the faces. "Aeryn!" she exclaimed. "You're in Gryffindor too?" Amy remembered the girl from Diagon Alley and their convoluted plan to sneak into the Quidditch shop. Aeryn had seemed like an all-around fun girl, and Amy was glad to have another housemate that she semi-knew.

Dawn McNaught

Dawn sat on the very far end of the Gryffindor table nearest the sorting hat itself so as to get a better view of the new first years. She clapped for every new one that was sorted, but clapped expecially enthuthiastically for each new Gryffindor.

For now she was alone at the very end of the table, but as more and more people got sorted, the shorter the distance between herself and the rest of the students became. Sooner or later someone would have no choice but to sit right next to her. ;)

Vanessa Stone
Vanessa beamed with excitement and joy as the hat was taken off her head and made her way towards the waiting gryffindor's. Vanessa quickly looked up and down the table and saw an empty seat next to a beautiful girl with glasses. Vanessa headed towards her and sat down saying"Hello, I am Vanessa or just nessa and you are?"

Aeryn Sydric

*Wow, we're very similar* Tiffany thought

"Really? Me thinks will like Charms, my brother told me it was the most .....practical? and.....useful? subject. and me is liking playing qudditch and reading too!! What...position? do you play?Do you have any.....siblings??" Tiffany stumbled over a few of the words unsure of whether she had translated them correctly.

"I don't exactly play serious Quidditch, but I do find it very interesting, especially the position of Chaser," Aeryn smiled. Another girl sat herself down at the table. Aeryn greeted her with a bright smile. "Hey there Eva, I'm Aeryn, nice to meet you," Aeryn was going to open her mouth to ask Eva more about herself when a familiar face came in her line of vision.

"Aeryn! You're in Gryffindor too?" "Amy! You don't know how glad I am to see you!" Aeryn nearly screamed. Finally, someone she had met in Diagon Alley!

((OOC: P.S.- sorry for the late reply.. was spacing out.. hehe))

Another girl as well added to the number of first years at the Gryffindor table. "Hello, I am Vanessa or just nessa and you are?" Aeryn turned her attention to her to be polite. "Hey there Vanessa, the name's Aeryn, nice to meet you," Aeryn smiled. When the girl had seemed to have made herself comfortable, Aeryn continued to chat with Amy and Tiffany.

"So, what were you two doing before you got to Hogwarts?"

Edited by Aeryn Sydric

Tiffany Li

Tiffany blinked, she was remembering playing qudditch with her brother. When Aeryn's reply brought her back to the present.

"Oh ok, I used to play Chaser too....."

Looking around she noticed there were three new additions to their group.

"Hello, sorry I......drift off. I'm Tiffany how are you?"

Noticing that Aeryn asked her another question Tiffany turned around.

"Oh well, I only been here about 1 week. I just came here from China. You?"

Edited by Tiffany Li

Eva Kamaria

"I guess we're multiplying," Eva chuckled as she turned to the blonde girl who had just sat down. "Vanessa, right?"

Dawn McNaught

Ahhhh, finally, one of the new Gryffindors had found the courage to sit next to her. She could understand their trepidation; she WAS 17, after all. It must have been like looking at an adult. This curly-haired new person's name was Vanessa.

"Nessa! What a pretty name. My name is Dawn McNaught - I'm one of your prefects. Pleased to meet you. So, are you excited to be in Gryffindor? Is it what you wanted?"

Dawn leaned her entire body backward so she could see around Vanessa to a group of students a little further down the table. "And you all? Happy with the hat's decision?"

Vanessa Stone
Vanessa smiled at Aeryn and said"It's nice to meet you too, Aeryn."Vanessa noticed Aeryn had got back into another conversation and looked for someone else to talk too..Vanessa didn't have too wait long before another girl from across the table shot her a question. Vanessa shot her a bright smile and said"Yes i am Vanessa, but i prefer just nessa.. And you are?" Edited by Vanessa Stone

Amy Bennett

Aeryn continued to chat with Amy and Tiffany. "So, what were you two doing before you got to Hogwarts?"

Amy shrugged. "Not a lot. Staying away from home as much as possible, which meant that I became rather good friends with a bunch of six-year-olds in our neighborhood." She giggled slightly.

Dawn leaned her entire body backward so she could see around Vanessa to a group of students a little further down the table. "And you all? Happy with the hat's decision?"

Amy quickly looked to the older girl. She was very pretty, and seemed very nice considering that she was attempting to make the first years feel comfortable. Amy smiled and nodded. "Yes. I wanted to be in Gryffindor as soon as I heard about the different houses." She glanced up and down the table. "There are a lot of students here, though. It's a little overwhelming."

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.