Sign in to follow this  
Weasley

The Gryffindor Table

Janus Sparhawk

"That'll be nice for you once you've rejoined. Too bad others don't recognize you, but like you said, it's to be expected somewhat. And I'm sure you'll make new friends in no time....just throw a grape at Samantha." Janus jokingly suggested.

He nodded his acknowledgement of being in the tourney. "Yeah. Hoping to do well, but with the twist they've given us regarding spell selection I'm not sure just what to expect. Time will tell I guess. My first duel's with Ali Allstar tomorrow. I'm cautiously optimistic. And thrilled since it'll mean a duel...even if it's just the tourney, I've been itching to get back to dueling...hopefully I've not lost my touch over the break."

Samantha Stone

Sam had finished drawing the bowl of fruit was not hungry, and well, bored. Looking at what she had in front of her, she found rolls, fruit, sandwiches, utensils, and lots of other yummy foods. She walked over to Janus, took out her sketch pad, she stood across from Janus and began to sketch his head. Not taking in the weird stares she was getting, she began to walk back to her spot. Grabbing a roll and 2 bananas, she began to peel one of the bananas and then sliced it up into thin strands. She set the roll on her plate, grabbed a few globs of peanut butter and began sticking the banana strands onto the top of the roll.

She took two olives and took the little red thingy out of the center. She used some more peanut butter to stick the olives to the front of the roll. Using the peanut butter as glue, she stuck more items onto the roll until she had a face. Then, she stuck the second banana through the bottom of the roll. It became the body! She then stuck two forks through the sides of the banana for arms! She stuck two knives near the bottom for legs. Surprisingly, it resembled Janus.

Sam carefully took her creation over to Mr. Big Head Boy, and set it down in front of him. In ketchup, she had written on the plate, "Ta da!" Sam walked back to her seat and began to munch on a cookie.

Marika Blake

Marika laughed a bit and picked up a grape, acting like she was about to throw it but she ate it instead. Like all the food at Hogwarts, it was amazingly delicious. She wondered if all house elves could instinctively cook well or if those that worked at Hogwarts were just so experienced with it. Maybe it was the magic...

"Twist regarding spell selection?" she asked curiously after finishing her grape. As it was too late to join the dueling club this year, Marika had no idea what Janus was talking about. Honestly the gist of it was easy enough to figure out, but she wondered what twist it was.

"I'm sure Ali will be excited to duel as well...she seemed a little down about it the other day, you know, with the Chamber having been closed." Marika had given her an article on Claudio Mancuso, the famous dueler from Italy...though most people in the UK had never heard of him. Janus was very into dueling though, so Marika asked, "Hey Janus, have you ever heard of Claudio Mancuso?"

Marika knew that both Janus and Ali would duel magnificently. She'd dueled Ali once or twice during her first year, and everyone in the school knew that Janus was an ace at dueling. Perhaps she would try to go and watch that match...she was sure it would certainly be informative as well as entertaining. But who to cheer for? She suppsoed she'd just cheer for both of them...

Janus Sparhawk

"Claudio Mancuso...the name rings a bell...is he on the Italian Quiddy team?" Janus asked after thinking about it for a few moments. He was quite sure he'd heard that name before, but just couldn't recall when or where he'd seen or heard it.

As he'd been thinking, Sam had been being quite creative. He hadn't been watching what she'd been doing, but when she placed the plate in front of him, he laughed. "Hey...is that supposed to be me Sam?" Janus called out. And why on earth did she keep sitting down that far away...why didn't she just move down here? "That's cool. It even stands up...great job! Um...am I allowed to eat part of it?"

Janus wasn't sure he wanted to as he didn't know if it would all go well together. Well most of it would be ok, but peanut butter and olives he wasn't quite sure about.

Marika Blake

Marika smiled. "Close. He's a dueling master. I saw him in the Nationals in Italy over the summer. He's from Urbino, where I went to school...but I'm pretty sure he studied somewhere else because they don't allow dueling at that school." Claudio was amazing. His strategy always seemed flawless, and his reactions were very quick. She'd never seen him get hit, as a matter of fact.

Marika looked down the table to Sam. "It's Sam, right? That's cool, I've never seen someone make a sculpture of someone entirely out of foods!" Offering a friendly smile, Marika looked back to the plate again. "It's a shame the clubs closed down...although...was there ever a visual arts club?" Marika asked. "You could always start an unofficial arts club--In fact I think I saw someone sketching away yesterday in the common room."

Janus Sparhawk

"Ah! Dueling master! Yeah, well at least I remembered the name. Sort of tough keeping my addictions separated," laughed Janus. "That must have been incredible to see. I went to the All England tourney a few years back and had a blast. Got to see the final which was just awesome!"

Janus nodded his agreement on the club thing, though truth to tell, most of them he'd been involved with had seemed to be petering out anyway, En Garde included. But still...it had been something to do which was always good to help keep people out of trouble.

Marika Blake

Marika nodded fervently. "I have a whole roll of pictures from the Nationals!" she said with excitement and a light laugh at his comment about magical addictions--being dueling and Quidditch of course. Marika smiled and stood. "I'll be right back."

Marika ran from the Great Hall, all the way up to Gryffindor Tower. It was a shame she didn't know how to apparate and that it wasn't allowed at Hogwarts. Arriving back in the Great Hall she resumed her seat next to Janus, a small book in her hands. Within the book were pictures from each dueling match of the Italian Nationals. She handed it to Janus. Each picture contained the duelers of course, and they continuously went through the duel as it happened. Some of the pictures had signatures on them, including one of Claudio's matches against Rome's champion. Pointing that one out, Marika said, "That was the final match of the Nationals. Mancuso had just enough power to use the Disarming Spell." At that moment, the miniature picture-sized Claudio Mancuso cast a silent Expelliarmus and the wand of his opponent soared into his hand as he caught it expertly.

"He was near exhaustion after that match," she added.

The only club Marika had belonged to was the Dueling club, which she very much intended on joining again next term, although for now she couldn't. Marika took another sip of her pumpkin juice after refilling her goblet, quenching her thirst after such a run up to Gryffindor tower and back in so little time.

Samantha Stone

Sam, being lazy, decided to sit by Janus and his girlfriend. She sat down and listened as Marika talked. She was talking about Mancuso. Sam decided that it was cheese. She had come in the middle of the conversation and was clueless. Sam blurted out, "Mancuso. That sounds yummy. Does it taste like cheddar sort of?" As Sam was talking, Bibble had crawled out of her pocket and was waddling down the table to a first year's plate of grapes.

He was about to dive into the grapes when Sam screamed, "BIBBLE! NO!!" She leaned out and grabbed her bat. Raising him to her face, she scolded the creature. Wagging her finger, she said quietly, "Naughty, naughty." Pulling out a bat treat, she put it in her other pocket and Bibble followed. "Sorry." Sam said quietly, mainly to the first year with the grapes.

Janus Sparhawk

"Really? Cool!" Janus exclaimed as Marika ran off to get them. She could have just waited and showed him later on in the tower, but apparently she wanted her excercise. ;) lol

"Does it taste like what?" Janus asked as he was flipping through the pictures once Marika had returned. "He's a duelist, so I doubt that Sam." Janus chuckled. "Though to be honest I don't intend to check either."

He turned his attention back to the pictures and Marika. "Wow, these are great! You got some great action shots. Who's this putting out that fireworks spell with the deluge of water? I love that spell combination."

Bibble seemed to have a propensity for trying to steal other people's grapes. "He can have a few of mine if you don't mind Sam..." Janus said trailing off as he indicated the small bunch of grapes still on his plate that he'd not eatten just yet.

Marika Blake

Marika looked closely at the picture Janus was speaking about. "I don't remember his name, but..." She squinted a bit, as the words on his robe were very, very small. "He's the top dueler from Venice," she concluded. Marika laughed as Janus replied to Sam's question.

She looked toward the small bat and with a smile to Sam, she said, "He can have some of mine as well if he likes." She sat back and took a sip of her pumpkin juice. "That spell was amazing. "Look at Mancuso's dodge, I never would have thought it possible to jump that high like that without injury."

In the moving photo of the dueling wizards, Claudio Mancuso was dodging the very spell Janus discussed. He was jumping into the air, easily over the height of his opponent's head, his feet rising high into the air as he did what seemed like a slower-motion backflip and landed on his feet again to cast a successful disarm, catching his opponent's wand with a swift bow and ending the photo duel.

Samantha Stone

Sam nodded. "So he isn't cheese. That makes sense." Sam nodded and sighed. Bibble had helped himself to Janus' grapes. She watched the pictures move. She wasn't used to that and it still creeped her out a little bit. After all, Sam was muggleborn. Sam wondered if the pictures could feel. Might as well try!

Sam looked at Janus. "Can they feel? Like, if I poke the Marcuso guy, will he feel it? Or is it just like watching a movie?"

Edited by Samantha Stone

Janus Sparhawk

"Whoa...geez...I'm surprised he landed without hurting himself. That's a really high jump!" Janus exclaimed as he looked at the next image Marika was showing him.

At Sam's question, Janus grinned. "Nah, these are a bit different than portraits. You can see actions in them, but they don't react. Portraits though...they're almost like real people, and I'll bet if you poked one of them you'd get a reaction. Not sure you'd like it though."

"Thanks for showing me these Marika, they're awesome. I think it'd be fun to tour the world and try to get to all the major dueling tournies. Maybe I'll be able to do that some day." he said hopefully.

Marika Blake

Marika smiled to Sam and Janus, nodding to him. "You're quite welcome. It was fun, and I learned some things...well, I hope I did, time will tell." She laughed. Looking to Sam, Marika smiled. "When I first saw pictures like these they startled me. I think it was the same for my mother, who is a Muggle. My dad had to do a lot of explaining." Curiousity set in as Janus mentioned perhaps travelling to see a bunch of dueling tournies...

"Janus, what are you doing after Hogwarts?" She wouldn't be surprised if he'd been drafted to play Quidditch professionally or if he had been invited to duel professionally. But there were so many wizarding jobs. Marika had a few ideas about what she'd like to do, but it was always interesting asking other students as well.

Samantha Stone

Sam sighed. Darn. She wanted to see if she could mess up Mr. Cheese Man's spell. That would've been fun. Sam sighed and then picked at a piece of food on her plate.

(Sorry, what is with me and these cruddy post?!)

Janus Sparhawk

"Not quite sure yet to be honest. I've got a few things I'd like to do, but no idea if either is feasible." Janus answered as he reached for his drink and took a sip.

"Ideally I'd love to do something comparable to muggle search and rescue, but I'm not sure if such a thing exists at the moment. If it does I'm not sure where in the Ministry to inquire about it and if it doesn't I've no idea how to go about trying to get something like that started. My fall back plan would be to run a dueling gym, but I'm not sure where I'd get the funding to start something like that. Maybe my folks or Grandparents, but still...it's got to cost quite a fair amount to manage."

Janus shrugged. "Or I guess I could shoot for Quiddy, but most teams have their keepers in pretty decent shape, so I'm not sure what my odds would be there either."

(and dude...are there only three of us in Gryffindor that eat anymore? LOL)

Marika Blake

Marika listened intently, afterall, the time of "after Hogwarts" approached for everyone, sooner for the older students of course. "Hm...maybe the head of the Auror Office could at least point you in the right direction?" Marika had no idea where something like that could be found...

"You could do both, I mean...if that department exists or can be created. And if you wanted to. I think you'd be great at running a dueling gym." She didn't think that a single student here or dueling official could refute that opinion. It was well known throughout Hogwarts that Janus was one of the best duelers.

A career in Quidditch sounded exciting and fascinating. Of course, one would have to be comfortable with the idea of being famous. "Where would you want to open up the gym? Hogsmeade?" Hogsmeade would ensure him clients, if it could be worked out that students got to leave the castle to go to the dueling gym.

((Lol, maybe. C'mon Gryffindors! The table is practically empty!))

Edited by Marika Blake

Samantha Stone

((Post, or else Bibble will eat your head off! Mwa ha ha ha!))

Sam listened as Janus and Marika discussed the after Hogwarts topic. Sam didn't like that subject. She was a twelve year old girl! She had a long way ahead of her. But, if she had to, she'd probably be a teacher here. Oh, that'd be fantastic!

Marika and Janus began to talk about Janus' dream of running a dueling gym. Sam smiled. "You would definitely rock at that gym, Janus. I can see it now!" Sam motioned with her hands as if she was reading a Daily Prophet headline. "Janus' Dueling Gym open for business! Run by Janus the Great himself! A bit long for a headline, but still." Sam grinned. "I want to be a teacher here."

Janus Sparhawk

"Yeah, I guess if I was doing the search and rescue stuff I could do that at the same time as the gym...I hadn't really thought about that. But it's not like there's wizarding kids that get lost every day of the week, right? And I'd need something to do in between. Good call there Marika!"

Janus smiled...things were gradually falling into place for him, at least mentally. Now to find a way to actually make it all come to fruition. Maybe Caitlyn would want to help him out? It was worth asking at least.

"As for where I'd do it, I'm not sure. But I was thinking more Londonish perhaps. If I hit my folks up for some seed money, then they could help me get things up and running pretty easy since they live there as well. I guess anywhere where there's a high concentration of duelists though. Not sure Hogsmeade would work too well since we only get to go there a few Saturdays a term."

Janus grinned as Samantha named his gym for him. "What are you interested in teaching Samantha?"

Samantha Stone

Sam nodded in agreement about the Hogsmeade thing. Janus' Gym wouldn't stay open for very long if they only got about a Galleon a month. Janus asked her what she would like to teach. Sam hadn't thought about that. She thought for a few minutes, then she was satisfied with an answer. "I'd like to teach History of Magic. It's my all time favorite subject. I was really upset when Mr. Dervish left though." She said, pouting.

Marika Blake

Marika smiled to Janus before taking another drink of her pumpkin juice. She listened happily to her fellow Gryffindors, not paying any mind to the time of day. How long had she been in the Great Hall?

As though answering her unspoken question, the great clock could be heard chiming away. "Oh no!" she said, standing hastily and gathering her things. "Class has started! I've completely forgotten!! I'll see you guys later!" she called to Janus and Sam. She'd be returning to the Great Hall anyway after class because it'd be time for another meal...even though she hadn't really had one just now. Pumpkin juice and a few grapes did not count for a a full meal.

Her stomach grumbled slightly at her as she ran along the corridors to class, hoping that it wasn't the type of lesson that would be nearly impossible if she arrived late.

Marika had been enjoying talking with Sam and Janus...class would seem dull after a good conversation.

Samantha Stone

Sam looked on as the fourth year ran quickly and swiftly out of the Great Hall. "Bye!" She said loudly. Sam waved and then went back to picking at her food.

((Sorry. I just wasted all my muse on another post.))

Janus Sparhawk

After saying goodbyes to Marika and Sam suddenly Janus found himself alone at the Gryffindor Table. And while he had no immediate need to rush off to class, he also was done with his eating and if he had nobody to talk with, there wasn't really all that much use in just sitting there, was there?

With that thought in mind, Janus took leave of the table as well.

Samantha Stone

Something had been bugging Sam. She really needed to know what Janus' hawk's name was. Ok, so she didn't need to know it but she wanted to. Sam turned to Janus and opened her mouth. But, before she could say anything, Janus had stood up and was leaving. Sam sat there with her mouth hanging open. Was it something I said? :mellow: She wondered to herself. Sam shrugged and then promptly left. Although she loved the Great Hall, it was still a bit creepy by one's self. There was not another sound except you. CREEPY!

((I didn't realize I left the table. 0.o I just wanted to make my point.))

Janus Sparhawk

(oops...sorry, misread your post before Sam. :) Know we PM'd bout it, but figured I put it here as well for others to see it was my mistake.)

Man...where was the time going. Term was over halfway complete and Janus just didn't know how he was going to fit in all the last studying. OWL's had been bad...NEWT's were worse...way worse.

But...one needed a full stomach to study on, so Janus made sure to take a study break and head on down to the Great Hall for lunch. He greeted everybody else who was there and started to fill his plate.

Keith Corvin

Guuuuurrrrrrrrrrrggggggggg

The evil empty stomach of doom was back! He didn't know why but Keith was always hungry now a days. It was like his stomach was a bottomless pit! What was up with that? Well, whatever was up, made Keith walk down from the Gryffindor common room to the Gryffindor table. As he walked down the isle, he looked for a nice friendly Gryffindor to sit next to. His eyes targeted non-other than Mr. Head Boy himself, Janus Sparhawk. Keith walked over to Janus and took a seat next to him.

"Hey, Janus, how's it going?" Keith started piling up food on his once bare plate. He loved Hogwarts food. The kitchen staff worked marvels. "So, you ready to leave this place?"

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.