Sign in to follow this  
Weasley

The Gryffindor Table

Morgan Madding

Morgan plopped down at the Gryffindor Table for lunch, banging her bookbag down next to her.

"Only been to one class and I already have a load of homework. That's what you have to look forward to when you're a NEWT student..." she said darkly at a first year nearby.

Skipping the normal part of lunch that usually consisted of normal food, Morgan pulled a large plate of cookies over to her and began munching. With her wand, she set an orange to begin peeling itself, and stared dazedly into space.

Matt Hamblin

"Morgan!" cried Matt as he scooted into the bench beside her. He hugged her and said "Man it is so nice to be home at Hogwarts again!" he was serious. School was much more like home to him than home was. "So what did you do over the break?"

He pulled the kidney pie to him and scooped out a rather large serving. "Boy this stuff is better than what the house elves at home cook!" He stuffed his mouth with the delicious savory substance.

Janus Sparhawk

"Hey guys...how're classes going for you? Sure seems weird...we're getting the normal lectures, but they don't seem quite as into the whole 'do the work' thing as they had in the past." Janus mentioned as he sat down with Matt and Morgan and reached out to snag a roll.

He was still famished, even after his early morning visit to the Kitchens with Shanian.

Skyler Blake

Dropping down into a seat a few spaces down from Janus, Skyler arrived just in time to over hear his question. She looked up from the very serious business of securing herself a decent portion of chicken and smiled wryly as she noticed that his question had been aimed at two of his fellow seventh years.

"Having fun with NEWTs?" She asked, waving a little with the fingers of her left hand as they noticed her. "You have no idea how glad I am right now that I'm not you guys. Or in your year. Whatever." Skyler added brightly before proceeding to stuff herself with chicken, the white meat of the gods.

Janus Sparhawk

"Oh sure....a blast." Janus said wryly as he returned Skyler's wave and playfully stuck his tongue out at her. "And I'll be feeling the same thing next year." he laughed.

Janus sliced open the roll and liberally buttered both halves before taking a bite from one. "You thought OWL's were bad...HA!"

(actually I don't think any of my NEWT's posted last term, so it's been much nicer so far. lol)

Skyler Blake

Skyler chuckled through a mouthful of food, wondering how likely it was that she'd be receiving an owl from Janus next year with the tongue in cheek question, 'having fun with NEWTs?' printed on it. Hmm. Maybe she shouldn't antagonise the seventh years ...

Nah.

"I liked OWLs," Skyler said after she'd swallowed. "They were a fun kind of stressful. Like Muggle extreme sports. Only without the ever present threat of a nasty, pancake-shaped death."

Realising she still had a plate full of chicken and that she was making vaguely disturbing gestures with her fork (looked suspiciously like she was pantomining someone hitting the ground at high speeds), Skyler winked at Janus and speared another piece of chicken with aforementioned cutlery.

Janus Sparhawk

Janus laughed at Skyler's comparing OWL's to extreme sports. "What sort of extreme sports have you been watching Skyler?" he asked once he'd stopped laughing enough to do so.

"Though I have to admit I didn't really mind my OWLs all that much either. Yeah, they were sort of tough, but it was really more of a challenge than a bad thing."

He finished off the first half of the roll and took a drink of milk before continuing. "How'd the holidays treat you Skyler?"

Trinity Goldiair

Walking down to the great hall she had to say she rarely spent any time here, but well maybe for once she should consider actually sitting down and eating. Hopefully there would be somebody she got on with around, but one never knew. All the fifth years, well not that they consisted of many with the female population of Gryffindor, what Trin Aeris and Ava but when was she actually seen? Never, Trin rarely saw her.

Arriving at the great hall, the table was practically empty but that was okay. No giggling first years asking stupid irrelevant questions. Oh god she was glad she wasn’t a prefect. Arriving at the table, she took a seat by Janus, then placing a few things onto her plate.

‘Hullo J.’ She said softly then looked over to the other girl, gosh she knew her name. Had spoken to her once, she was sure of it they were in the same house after all. ‘Skyler isn’t it?’ Then pausing momentarily waiting for an answer she also left them to get back to their conversation, she’d join in once they had finished what ever they were discussing. Since to be honest, she couldn’t just totally butt in now could she, that would just be weird and rude. Considering she hated it being done to her.

Zeva Warner

Zeva made her way groggily into the Great Hall. So what if it was already mid-afternoon, the day had already taken enough out of her to make her feel like it was the edge of twilight evening and she was much too far from her warm bed in the Gryffindor tower. The thought struck her then that it might just be more enjoyable to spend her afternoon snoozing comfortably in that very bed, but the pangs of hunger in her stomach carried her all the way to the Gryffindor table, where she sunk, yawning, into an empty seat.

Much to her surprise, their table seemed to be the emptiest of the four. She felt a slight blow to her unwavering House Pride and decided to get herself and Catrina here for every meal, where they could chat in loud and excited voices, just so the underclassmen could see how involved and interesting Gryffindors were. These were the musings of a half-asleep mind. Er...a very uncreative, half-asleep mind.

Surveying the lunching possibilities, Zeva quickly filled her plate with a few boring staples and a couple of foods she didn't recognize. She liked to mix things up, after all. This was when she actually started to look at the faces of her fellow lunchers, noticing with happy little moments of recognition that she knew many of them from past years at the school. She put on her best smile then, deciding that looking horridly tired was no way to make friends, and poored herself a reviving cup of pumpkin juice.

Another interesting year was beginning.

Keegan Adair

Keegan practically jogged to the Great Hall, thinking of sandwiches and hot tea. Her growling stomach made her pick up the pace, and she arrived to the Hall slightly out of breath. Once there, she made way to the Gryffindor table, and vaguely made note of the other people sitting down. They all seemed to be upperclassmen, and she hadn't really talked to any of them before. Well, no time like the present, Keegan thought before skidding to a stop, sitting down, and grabbing the nearest edible item. Taking a bite of the substance, she took her first breath since entering the hall, and sank back into her chair. She looked around at her fellow Gryffindors. They certainly were a bit older than her, but that didn't really make a difference in her mind when there was food to eat. Smiling at them and nodding in greeting she took another bite. Mmm .. ham and cheese.

Edited by Keegan Adair

Skyler Blake

"Only the most potentially fatal," Skyler assured Janus with a pleased, self-satisfied sort of grin. She always liked it when people found her funny. But then, who didn't? "Exactly!" She added in a half-blurt, acknowledging Janus' 'challenging' comment with a frantic, emphatic nod of her head. "It was like ... knowing you could do well but that you had to work for it and that you had to do the best that you could and ... yeah; Muggle extreme sport right there."

The brunette snorted quietly as her train of thought continued by way of internal commentary. How difficult would it be to sell the idea of OWLs to some Muggle TV station and make a killing? They'd probably pull in an audience just for the supposed pyrotechnics and lack of visible 'wires' alone.

"The holidays?" Skyler repeated, attention flicking back to Janus. "They ... were. I'm sure you had a much better time. How were yours?"

Skyler's gaze suddenly ticked over from where it had been earnestly studying Janus, to where the new arrival - a familiar Gryffindor girl - had just sat down. Smiling, the older Gryffindor nodded her head once in affirmative. "Yup. Skyler Blake. Would be me. Huh ... Trinity, right? You have a ... cat. How's the little critter doing?"

Fairly impressed with herself, Skyler sat back and, having somehow polished off the rest of the chicken and salad in the interim, contented herself with fiddling with her knife and fork and watching the younger students approaching with friendly curiousity.

Trinity Goldiair

Oh wow, how amazing was she? She had actually remembered the name of somebody she had spoken to once or twice, although she was sure it was the girl who managed to see her kitty going insane. The kitty that kills the evil killer kitty plants, yep that’s right.. SUPER KITTY… Had the costume and everything! It was just like the superman costume (it Trin actually knew who superman was)

‘Yep, I have the Kitty. She still as insane as the last time. Out to kill those evil cat eating plants, still her favourite past time.’ She said with a smile, she loved Myst to pieces even if she was really stupidly annoying and sometimes evil. She lulled people into a very false sense of security, then BAM! Attack of the black and white ware-kitty!

Then eating some of the salad of her plate, she wasn’t really hungry but just… peckish, but greasy foods were ack! Not that she was a health freak or anything.

Janus Sparhawk

"Hey Trinity, long time no see...how'd the holidays go for you?" Janus asked as she took a seat next to him while Skyler was assuring him she only liked the really fatal extreme sports.

He returned his attention back to Skyler, nodding to Keegan as she took a seat and filled her plate. "Well, sorry to hear yours just 'were'...I had a blast. It was so nice to actually see Caitlyn for more than an hour or so on a Hogsmeade weekend. Mostly just hung out. And watched the WWN's broadcasts about what went down here...what a surprise. Glad I didn't stick around, that hurried evacuation must have been tense."

Keegan Adair

Keegan had devoured her ham and cheese sandwich in a mere nanosecond, and was now moving on to some tasty looking applesauce. The topic of conversation seemed to be evil kitties and holiday vacations. The norm. Janus, head boy, nodded at Keegan and she smiled inside. How cool to have a head boy from our house, she thought absentmindedly.

Keegan was most concerned, however, with the applesauce that she was inhaling. Probably the best she'd had ever. Before she could stop herself, she felt the need to proclaim it's brilliance to the table. "You gotta try this applesauce," Keegan sputtered, her mouth half full of chewed applesauce. Glancing around the table, she swallowed the leftovers.

Edited by Keegan Adair

Marika Blake

Marika Blake walked into the Great Hall, sitting down at the Gryffindor Table somewhat nervously. It'd been so long since she'd been here, and, having returned mid-year didn't help either. No matter though, she thought as she set down her books beneath her seat on the bench and helped herself to some pumpkin juice. Marika scanned the lengths of the table for familiar faces, to find out that she was sitting quite near someone she knew.

"Janus! How are you?" she asked happily after waiting for a moment in the conversation to speak, not wanting to interrupt anybody. She recognized some other faces as well, but two and a half years away from Hogwarts Castle made her memory fade a bit. She'd remembered Janus from her first year because the first meal other than during the sorting that she had in here, he'd been the first to say hello to her. Being that he was a prefect and also Head Boy now, also made it so that everyone pretty much knew him.

Samantha Stone

Sam was not the least bit hungry, but she had some free time and maybe some of her friends would be there. Sam was carrying her sketch-pad in one hand and a bag of colored pencils in the other hand. Her wand was tucked behind her ear. Hey, it was a handy place to put it, so why not? As she walked along the table she saw a familiar blonde head. It was JANUS! Wanting to make herself noticed, she poked him ever-so-gently in the back of the head :P and kept on walking. She sat down and began to sketch a bowl of fruit in front of her (convenient, no?).

Janus Sparhawk

"Marika...long time no see...where've you been hiding yourself?" Janus asked as the girl that he'd not seen in quite some time made an appearance at the table once more. "I've been doing quite well...can't decide if I like or dislike the fact that this is my last term, but oh well...I'll live. How about you?"

Before she could give him any sort of reply, he was poked in the back of the head and spun around...unfortunately the wrong way as he saw nobody who could have been the culprit. but when he turned the other way he noticed that Sam had taken a seat just recently ans was doing her best to ignore him and sketch something. "Watch this..." he whispered conspiratorially to Marika as he plucked a grape and lobbed it in Sam's direction, quickly turning back to face Marika and doing his best to look oh so innocent.

Marika Blake

Marika smiled sheepishly and said, "My father got transferred to Italy, and my parents didn't want me going to school so far away, so they enrolled me in a school in Urbino. Just a few weeks ago though we moved back to London. I'm so glad to be back here! Not that the other school wasn't nice." Janus's words reminded Marika that she was not the only person for whom time had passed. Sometimes, when she was in Italy, because she'd missed Hogwarts so much, she could rely on memory alone, and so nothing had changed. The last couple weeks had been really quite strange. She'd wished also that she hadn't transferred back in the middle of a school year...she knew she missed many of her core classes. "Congratulations on becoming Head Boy, by the way!" It was pretty cool for the Head Boy to be someone in Gryffindor.

Just then, a younger Gryffindor poked Janus in the head. She nodded to Janus's whisper and covered her mouth with her hand to suppress the small laugh that was trying to escape as he threw the grape. She wouldn't have laughed if it was done in malevolence, but Marika knew Janus meant no harm by it, and as the girl had poked Janus in the head first, Marika was certain all would be taken in jest.

Samantha Stone

As Sam sketched, she heard a slight whizzing sound coming at her. Before she knew what hit her, something with the force of a strong flick hit her in the ear. The thing seemed to explode on her ear and Sam reached up to see what it was. On her fingers was a greenish pulpy sort of thing. "EWWW!" Sam squealed, wiping the grape off the side of her head. Looking around the almost empty table, Sam narrowed it down to two people. Janus and a girl covering her mouth, but obviously laughing. Of course, Sam had never met the girl in her life, so she assumed it was Janus. Sam grabbed her stuff, got up and walked over to Janus. She kept poking him in the back of the head, waiting for him to notice her.

Janus Sparhawk

Janus saw Sam reach up out of the corner of his eye and winced slightly as he realized he'd actually hit her with the grape instead of having it land in front of her as he'd intended...that wasn't gonna be good. It had been only as he'd released it that Janus had realized that it had been a bit softer than he'd thought and was probably going to be rather messy once it hit. However, the fact that she'd not yelped maybe meant it hadn't done anything.

He unconciously tensed up as she drew nearer, and as she stopped and started poking him in the back of the head once more he lost it and laughed out loud. "Sam! What brings you here?" he asked as he turned around, doing his best to maintain his lost sense of innocence.

Samantha Stone

Sam stopped poking Janus in the head and smiled. "Hi! Thank you for that lovely present. I appreciate it so much. Luckily, Bib likes grapes." Sam pointed to her bat, who had grape all over his tiny head. He squeaked in happiness. "But, next time, could you maybe not throw it at my head? It does sting quite a bit." Sam said, with a slight frown. "It would be much obliged. Thank you." Before Sam left, she did a quick little measuring of how tall Janus was sitting down. He was almost as tall as her, and she was standing up! "Whoa." Sam muttered. Sam turned quickly on her heels, and went back to her seat and started to draw the bowl of fruit again.

Edited by Samantha Stone

Marika Blake

Marika spotted the small bat on the girl's shoulder. "Oh, he's cute!" she said happily. Deciding that, since she was not only in the same house as the girl, but also that she didn't know her, Marika introduced herself. "I'm Marika, nice to meet you," she said cheerfully.

Marika looked toward Janus, of course knowing that he hadn't meant for the grape to hit her head. As soon as it had of course Marika had lost the urge to laugh, but Sam seemed to have a good attitude.

"It is so surreal being back here and not knowing so many people, especially from Gryffindor.." she said with a light smile. It was surreal, but not bad. The timid quiet first year that she had once been was gone now, and she had no trouble introducing herself in the prospect of making a new friend.

Janus Sparhawk

"Erm...yeah...sorry 'bout that." Janus said blushing slightly. "Really didn't mean to hit you, just wanted to startle ya." he said chuckling as he did so. "But I'm glad Bibble liked it at least. So it didn't go to waste."

He turned back to Marika as Sam walked back to where she'd been sitting. "Yeah, I'll bet. But at least we're a friendly bunch. I'm sure you'll be back in the swing of things in no time at all. Are any of your old friends still around?"

Marika Blake

Marika smiled to Janus and nodded, her expression hopeful. "I've run into a couple of people..most of them either don't recognize me or they don't remember me, but after two years, that's to be expected. I'm looking forward to next fall, to joining the dueling club again."

Marika had been angry with her parents for a good long while for taking her away from Hogwarts and dueling. She would have so many spells by now if they hadn't! Not to mention experience and friends, and certainly not in that order. She had been a dueling mentor too, at the start of her second year, for the one month she was here before haivng to leave for Italy.

"Mostly there are a lot of familiar faces, but the names are sometimes a bit harder to recall. It's okay though, I've only been back for a little while, and ease is never promised." She smiled again before taking a sip of her pumpkin juice.

"You're in the dueling tournament this year, aren't you?" she asked curiously, having yet to watch any of it, but as the Chamber had only just reopened she didn't expect the tournament was very far along. She had asked if she could join, but everything had already been set up so she had to wait until the following fall.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.