Sign in to follow this  
Weasley

The Slytherin Table

Neville Longbottom

Professor Longbottom strode quickly up the isle to the Head Table for his breakfast. He was not looking forward to spending the day with the first years, since all they did was whine and complain about his hard work. Ah, there was one just in time for his mood.

"Don't chew with your mouth open Miss Kincaid. Five points from Slytherin."

Craving a coffee, the Professor continued on to the Head Table without sparing the first year a second glance.

Mildred Kincaid

It was as if her thoughts of Herbology had conjured up the professor of said subject. She heard the stout man before she saw him. And his words left her so shocked that her mouth hung open for several seconds before she managed to shut her trap.

"Five points?!" she muttered. She hadn't even been chewing with her mouth open!... had she? ..huh. Frowning, Mildred sulked by slumping slightly on her chair and prodding at the remainder of her toast. Well that certainly stunk. Now she looked forward to Herbology even less.

With a sigh, Mildred got up and collected her things. If she wasn't afraid of someone seeing her, she would have stuck her tongue out at the professor. Too bad he was already at the Head Table or else.. alright, she probably still wouldn't have done it. But she wanted to.. really bad.

Stupid Herbology. It was the source of all evil.. and all her problems it seemed. Still pouting, Mildred went back to the common room to get her books for the day. Perhaps she could find a way to accidentally do something in Herbology today.. then again.. she'd probably just try to be as invisible as possible, so she didn't lose anymore points to Ill-tempered Longbottom. Like it was her fault Longbottom taught such a dirty subject. Psh.

Maeve Epans

Maeve blinked at what just happened. Why'd Professor Longbottom do that? She thought he was a pretty cool teacher, and then he came over here and deducts points for one of the Slytherins chewing with her mouth open? Wow, that changed her prospective on teachers.

Maeve sighed. Oh well, that was out of her hands. She picked up her juice and sipped a little out of it. She wasn't eating today. She wasn't hungry for much, just thirsty. She put her elbow on the table and slid her fingertips along the rim of the glass, making it whistle lightly. She smiled at that. You have to love making some sort of peaceful music when all you hear is people talking and yelling in your common room and the Great Hall.

Maeve sipped a little more juice and went back to slidding her fingertips on the rim, listening the best she could to the whistle.

Celebrons Dragoon

(March 3? Thats the last time one of us have posted? Lets get it started back up again guys)

Celebrons stared down the long table at which he was sitting at. In a long, almost single file line, stood the new first years waiting to be sorted. Celebrons could remeber we that old hat lay upon his head. Trudge-away, he thought, was the perfect place for him, he had done great so far. Most of the first years who looked toward the Trudge-away table were terrified. It seems that most of the new students thought the Trudge-away house was "evil". Celebrons garuanteed that not one of those first years were saying " Trudge-away" to that old hat. Yet, as it has done so many times before, it changes a few students wishes and sets them here with us. "Look at them" said Celebrons to himself. "They can hardly wait to see whats ahead." He sat there as he noticed a few were being sorted into Trudge-away, and instantly they were joking and causing little bits of trouble at the table. " Just wait till they meet Proffesor Giordano", said Celebrons with a slight grin. Then he turned back to the table and reached out for more food.

Kai Suzuki

It was the moment of truth...the house of which he'd be sorted into. He closed his eyes as the hat dropped over his head and eyes. He was a small boy, which you could tell from his 4'9" height. "Trudge-away!" the hat had called out. "No way," he whispered to himself. He was in shock to tell you the truth. Trudge-away was the last place he'd ever thought he'd be sorted into. Sure he hadn't had a house preference, but the fact remained that his and Ray's past dream of being in Gribblewindow together were crushed. He didn't really care anyways did he? Sure enough he didn't, but he was still in shock. With a heavy sigh, Kai got off the stool and went over to the Trudge-away table. For a moment it didn't seem real.

Kai sat down with his hands jammed inside his pockets. He lowered his head, unable to look at his twin. Both Gribblewindow and Trudge-away were said to be rival houses...would this create sibling rivalry among him and his brother? Perhaps.. He sighed again and looked over at the Gribblewindow table where his brother now sat. He'd known all along that his brother would be a Gribblewindow. Would it be hard to face his brother in the end? Maybe..he didn't face his brother anyways. He was never quite the same after their real mother died.

So..classes were going to start soon. The journey of classes and Hogwarts would soon start. Kai...who never smiled, gave what appeared to be a half smile. He had a feeling this year was going to be interesting, even though he was a quiet one, he had a feeling that he'd soon have to get over that and his pride. He blew air out his nose in a rush of amusement. 'Well Ray...guess we just weren't meant for the same house.' His stomach growled and he felt hungry.

Rocío Espinosa

Rocío had just been sorted into her dream house, so why was she so scared to sit with them? She shrugged and sat down near an older boy who had been talking, and seeing that he was already eating, felt her stomach growl. Well, she hadn't eaten on the train over, and all this food had been torturing her since she entered the room... she began to reach for a few things near her, and then saw a basket of biscuits down the table.

"Excuse me, can you pass me a bread?" she asked the boy, pointing to the basket.

Nolee Hawthorne

Nolee couldn't eat. Why did it look like only upper classmen were eating at the table? Maybe she would go read Chapter 1 of her Astronomy book....again. She stared at the toast she had selected. She hated toast. She made a face at the bread that only her, hopefully, would know about. She looked up and looked around the table. She could see everyone had someone to talk too. She looked for Valeska, Alexis, or Kayla, but she couldn't see them. So she sat there and watched everybody interact in friendly, warm ways. It was weird to say the least. Maybe she would be nice if someone talked to her. She stared into her glass and waited and waited....waited and waited.

((OOC:She's not emo, I swear! By the way, *wink,wink* *cough,cough* someone needs to talk to her!))

Edited by Nolee Hawthorne

Valeska Rose

Valeska spotted Nolee at the other end of the Slytherin table and shooting a smile at the girl who had started talking to her but hadn't answered got up and ponked herself in the seat next to Nolee, hugging her,

"Hey Nols! What you up to? Done your Astronomy homework?"

She grinned and took a chicken leg and somerice and began to eat, she was soo hungry.

(ooc: sorry bout the lame post)

Julian Crawford

Glancing around the Great Hall, Julian took a moment to once again admire the ceiling before making his way towards the Slytherin table...which to his suprise looked pretty empty. For once. Okay, so why was he here again? Oh yeh... he was hungry. Plus, he needed to hang around with some friends for a while if possible, he'd spent too much time in the dormitories earlier on. Running a hand through his hair he glanced up and down the table, the small smirk on his face slowly turning into a grin as he spotted Val and another girl who looked familiar...

"Hey, you okay?" he said, placing his hands on her shoulders before sliding into a place next to her. Glancing at the other girl, he tilted his head and gave her a polite smile. "I...think we've met before, right? You're..."

He paused for a moment, unsure of the girl's name, and not really wanting to get it wrong either. Didn't it begin with N..? He was sure it did. It had sounded unusual to him when he had first heard it...

"Nolee...?" he finally managed to finish, followed by an apologetic smile just in case he had got it wrong. "I'm Julian just in case you can't remember."

No way. He wasn't about to make Nolee go through the same thing, searching every memory just to try and find a person's name. Shooting her a grin, he gave Val a look as he watched her eat.

"Am officially hungry." he stated, smiling as he reached forward to grab a chicken leg. Potions and Astronomy were tiring. Actually, no, it was the homework that was tiring. He felt sorry for all the people spending hours in the library every day just to finish off some random essay or project. Hopefully he'd never resort to that himself.

Valeska Rose

Valeska jumped slightly as she felt a pair of hands on her shoulders, she looked up to see Julian standing there, as he sat down next to her she smiled at him and kissed him on the cheek saying,

"Heya. Nolee this is Julian, my....let's say my best friend.Julian this is Nolee...my good friend from my dorm."

She grinned at both of them and flicked some rice at Julian saying,

"Copycat! The chicken legs are MINE!"

She smirked cheekily and turned back to Nolee saying,

"Boys are just SO annoying, I don't know what to do with him."

She glanced at Julian, showing that she was just joking around.

Julian Crawford

Julian nodded politely at Nolee once again, before turning back to his food, only to feel himself being pelted with rice. Grinning, he turned to Val.

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't flick rice at me." he stated in what he hoped sounded a very serious tone. "And its not my fault I had the same stuff as you...you were eating it...and it...just...made me feel really hungry, thats all."

He rolled his eyes and smirked, turning back to his food, hearing the vague murmurs of Val next to him.

"I could say the same for you." he replied, grinning slightly. "Val, you're just so irritating to be around, honestly."

He nudged her gently, showing her that he was teasing before scratching his head thoughtfully and turning, once again, to stare at the ceiling. He was never going to get over that, seriously. It was amazing.

Valeska Rose

Valeska mocked-gasped and said,

"Oh, really. I'M irritating...Julian darling look at yourself. Him and his messy hair..."

She smirked at him and turned back to Nolee, grinning widely, she then looked back to Julian and said,

"Well...if I'm so irritating...then I suppose I'll have to irritate Nols instead of you!"

She pouted unhappily and turned her back on Julian, grinning at Nols, while biting into a corn cob.She flicked her hair behind her shoulder and winked with one of her green eyes at Nols.

Nolee Hawthorne

Nolee stared at this exchange and decided she would bug Ska about it later. She looked at Julian and nodded.

"I'm Nolee. You must be Julian. I've heard So much about you. And I think we've met before." Nolee grabbed some mashed potatoes. She wouldn't eat because she didn't know anyone. She knew people now, so she could eat. She grabbed as much as her plate would hold and chowed down. Hopefully, Professor Longbottom wouldn't notice and take point away from her. That would be embarassing, since she was only a first year. She watched Julian and Ska some more and she knew tonight in the dorm would be ful of gossip and boy talk. Ska just didn't know.

When Nolee hear Ska mention something about annoying her, Nolee about gagged on her food. "I don't think so." She flug her sppon of potatoes and Ska. And she......

Valeska Rose

"Aaagh!"

Valeska screamed at some mash landed on her robe, she narrowed her eyes at Nolee, took her pumpkin juice and poured it over hr head. Their wasn't a lot of juice left, but enoguh to wet Nolee. Valeska smirked and wiping the mash away with a napkin said,

"Revenge is sweet."

She giggled.

Nolee Hawthorne

Nolee gasped and her mouth hit the floor.

"Yes. Revenge is sweet." She grabbed some peas and put them down her shirt. She looked at Julian and decided he needed a make-over too. She grabbed a spoonful of gravy and flicked it at him. It landed right on his nose. "Bulls-eye!!!!" Nolee snorted. Hopefully, they wouldn't get in trouble for this.

Valeska Rose

Valeska screamed as some peas went down her, she burst out laughing as Nols threw some gravy at Julian, which landed right on his nose! She held her stomach as she leaughed so much and grabbing some ketchup, squirted it all over Nolee's robe.

"Haha!!!"

She said, evilly. She glanced over to the teacher's table and said,

"OK, we should stop, otherwise we're gonna get detention.."

She smirked and continued to eat her chocolate ice cream.

Nolee Hawthorne

Nolee laughed with Ska at Julian. It was funny. But Nolee didn't laugh as hard as she did. Maybe because she didn't know him as well.

"Yeah we should stop....that way Julian doesn't have time to get me back." Nolee said, snorting into her potatoes. Or what was left of them. "Where did you get ice cream?"

Valeska Rose

Valeska laughed along with Nols, she was happy that they were getting on so well. Then she replied,

"Right in front of you you dimwit."

She grinned cheekily then said,

"Have sme of the chocolate one....it's delicious, seriously."

Nolee Hawthorne

"I was going to get chocolate, meany pants." Nolee snorted as she scooped ice cream into a bowl. She hadn't said meany pants since she was like five, or younger.

"You're awfully quiet Julian? What's up? Still shocked that I threw food at you? Well don't be. Because I'm mean and evil." Nolee stated this and then, "Insert evil laugh here!" She said, using the bunny fingers to quote the evil laugh. She turned to Ska and aked," So, when are we going to meet some new guys?"

Julin Ginene Rugby

Julin scraped her fork noisily across the plate and ground her teeth harder. A new year, a new set of ickles that needed to be put in their place. And why was it always her that got landed with such an awful job? Associating with underclassmen at all was one, but knowing that these pompous new-bred Slytherins would have the audacity to argue with Julin was another thing entirely. The sixth year rolled her eyes as she helped herself to more stew. The house-elves cooked such wonderfulmarvelousbeautiful meals every night and day! Compared to the fancy crap one received from dining out every summer night, this stew was the best thing that happened since fire whiskey.

Unfortunately, Julin was unable to take her usual pleasure in her food. Why? Because there was a huge band of newly sorted baby-faced idiots trying to prove themselves worthy of Slytherin by picking fights. Did they have to do all of that while people were trying to eat?! For Salazar's sake, take it outside for the rest of the table (mainly Julin) can eat in peace, dammit.

Food flying, name calling- HELL NO.

GAWDDAMMITTHATSIT "You there," Julin sighed loudly and hit her hand on the table, "What is your problem?" The upperclassman stood, folded her arms across her chest, and bit the inside of her cheek. At least give the 'Nolee' girl a chance to redeem herself. Curse her later. "Are you trying to make a fool out of this house? If you and your little people don't find some class, and soon, you can try Hufflepuff because Slytherin doesn't need people like you. Act right, or you'll find the next seven years of your life to be pure hell." At least the next two... Julin would make sure of it if they didn't pull themselves together and show some effing dignity. A shapely brow quirked upwards the least little bit (an expression perfected by years of good ol' practice) as she waited for something along the lines of an apology, or at least some form of groveling.

Valeska Rose

Valeska looked up at the older year who had stood up and started shouting at them, apparently she was aiming the outburst at Nolee, Valeska stood up and even though she was small against the upper year, she stood her ground. When the girl had finished, Valeska had gone slightly red. She was right of course. Food fights were extremely immature. It hit Valeska especially hard when the older girl mentioned them going to Hufflepuff instead of Slytherin. Valeska plucked up the courage, and faced the girl, who's eyebrow was raised, a trait that Valeska did a lot.

"Listen, I'm really sorry. You're completely right. We are being very immature. The house of Slytherin is not a silly one, you're right I should be in Hufflepuff if I want to be silly...I promise it won't happen again."

She looked at the girl steadily in the eye, being completely honest. Never had Valeska been genuinely sorry, but she definitely didn't want to have her Hogwart years made hell just because of one stupid mistake she had made.

Nolee Hawthorne

Nolee gave the upper classmen a cold smirk and cocked her head.

"Sorry 'bout that. I'll mind my manners next time." Nolee never gave apologies, so she better be happy with that. Nolee really did understand, but she had pride. This is why Nolee didn't have friends, because they made her do stuff that she doesn't do, but she wouldn't blame her friends that she enjoyed having. And she did start it, so she needed to suck it up. Nolee ate the rest of her ice cream in peace, left the table with a short nod at the upper classmen (As a sign of truce) and left for the dorm room. Hopefully, people wouldn't think any less of her for this.

Julin Ginene Rugby

One of the Nolee girls stood and apologized as was expected and said Julin was right. Damn right Julin was right! She was only scolding them for their sake, you know. Excuse her for trying to help, right? She flashed a slight smile of appreciation to the Slytherickle, but was not going to let the other off so easily. "And you?" She asked, well... rather demanded, actually. The Nolee girl twisted her face into an odd expression and brushed Julin off with a half-arsed apology. Good enough. Slytherins weren't big on the whole owning up thing. Instead of the somewhat warm gesture sent to the other girl, Julin rolled her eyes and scoffed in irritation.

"Pompous little brat. Welcome to Slytherin, the rest of you. Have fun." Julin sauntered down the aisle between the Ravenclaw and Slytherin tables, her needle-thin heels clicking painfully against the stone floor. 'Tards. All of them. Strutting around the school like a damn stereotype. She thought as she made way to the kitchens to eat in peace. The house-elves saved all the good stuff for visitors, anyways.

Chelsea Marie Blythe

As Chelsea entered the Great Hall for the first time since her sorting, she noticed a slight commotion at the Slytherin table as she approached. It seemed a few of the younger students had gotten into a slight food fight, and were being told off by an older student.

Chelsea wanted to thank the girl for putting them in their place. Slytherin was supposed to be a noble house. How was silly antics such as a food fight supposed to bring their house glory? Hadn't their Head of House's speech that first night told them anything? They needed to act with more decorum, and know just think they were superior, but act superior.

"Glad to see I missed the antics just now. Everyone else ready for a relaxing meal, because I know I sure could use one right about now."

Charles Fortiori

Charles had arrived in Great Hall as the food fight came to end. In his head he was relieved, but on the outside, Charles just rolled his eyes as he approached the Slytherin table. "Causing trouble, are we?" He smirked, whispering to Valeska as he passed to get to the empty seat near by. He was only teasng, so he was sure the girl wouldn't take it as an insult. After all, Slytherins and trouble more often than not went together anyway.

When another girl spoke - Charles didn't know her name - Charles couldn't help but think 'you're not the only one' but didn't speak that aloud. Instead, he smirked. "We're in a confined space with Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs we're not among our own." He was of course referring to their fellow Slytherins. He didn't mention the Ravenclaws as they were quite respectable. Compared to the ohers, anyway. "This is as relaxing, peaceful and mature as you're going to get." After reaching for some dinner, Charles looked back to the girl. "Charles Fortiori, by the way, nice to meet you."

After taking a drink and eating some food off of his plate, Charles turned back to Valeska. "How are we doing, Valeska? I haven't seen you in a while."

Edited by Charles Fortiori

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.