Sign in to follow this  
Weasley

The Slytherin Table

Jaxson Slugthorns

Jaxson strolled over to the Green table, trying his best to emit an aura of confidence. He looked around at what were now his new housemates, he could see two people he had met. Alexi from the train journey here, and Mali from diagon alley. Jaxson made a decision to go and it by Malia, he hadnt spoke to her lately and neeeded to catch up with her.

'Heyy mali, looks like were housemates' Jaxson grinned

Noelle Reeves

“There is nothing wrong with being a half-blood,” Noelle assured herself for the umpteenth time as she descended the stairs into the entrance hall, making her long way to the Great Hall for breakfast. It seemed as though live snakes were writhing inside her stomach as she clutched the banister for support, taking deep breaths to calm herself down. She had truly never in a million years expected to be sorted into Slytherin, and she wasn’t in the least bit disappointed. She was only scared – terrified – of not being accepted by her pureblooded housemates.

What was wrong with her? She was usually pretty used to marching into a place with her nose thrust in the air, her eyebrows arched cockily and her lips curled in an expression of utter superiority, possibly with an enormous book clutched tightly and possessively in her arms. Which brought her to her next question – how had she ended up in Slytherin? She was a typical bookworm; her parents owned a library; she was a half-blood! Had the Sorting Hat made a mistake? But that was impossible. She pondered over the matter for some time, before fear rose in her again, reminding her that she was supposed to be inside the hall, not dilly-dallying outside it.

Swallowing her fear, she stepped through the double-doors into the Great Hall, her eyes immediately darting to the clear-blue sky that was reflected by the ceiling. The sight made her feel slightly better, as she tottered unsteadily down the steps, trying to appear completely at ease and confident. Her heart thudded madly inside her as she approached the table on the far right, her tongue darting out nervously to lick her lips. A hand rose to push the square-rimmed glasses further up the bridge of her nose as she paused right next to the table, looking around uncertainly.

“Hello, all,” she said brightly, trying not to betray any sign of fear. Shoving her trembling hand inside the pocket of her robes, she slid quickly into a seat before her legs gave away. “I’m Noelle Reeves.” A half-blood. She shook the thought out of her mind like a pesky bug, and eyed the delicious food before her hungrily. Quickly piling a couple of eggs and a buttered toast into her plate, she dug into it.

Emerald Rosemary

Emerald walked over to her table. And for all this time, I thought I was going to be in ravenclaw, she thought.

She sat down at a free seat and looked and the other people, who's spines were tingling to know there future.

Emerald thought hard about what would happen if she was in ravenclaw. Would her adoptive perants be nicer. Now to think of it, would she get a howler containing the words "GET OUT" on it. Only time would tell. She came back to earth when someone said,

"Hello, are you okay?"

Alexis Edwards

Alexis walked over to the Slytherin table trying not to look overly confident. She looked around the hall and seen Hailey sitting happily at the Gryffindor, she always thought Hailey would be put there. Everyone else Alexis knew was in Slytherin she seen Jaxson at the end of the table talking to one of his friends. Bindy was also at the table looking as confident as always. “Hello everyone,” she greeted everyone at the table and sat down. She looked up and down the table to see if there was anyone else she knew, and there wasn’t at the moment. She gave a sigh of relief that she had not seen that Brianna girl she had gotten into the fight with at Diagon Alley.

Emerald Rosemary

Emerald looked up to see Alexis. She shot her face down, hoping that Alexis wouldnt see her. She had met Alexis at Diagon Alley, and was not proud of her demonstration of her life.

Bindy Green

"Hey Alexis" Bindy said smiling, she was pleased to be in slytherin. She hadn't really expected anything else, but still she had been nervous underneath the hat.

She hadnt met that many people but she saw the guy from the train, Jaxson, she smiled at him, she was pleased that he like her had got into the house he wanted.

"I knew we'd be in slytherin together" She said to Alexis

Emerald Rosemary

Emerald didnt look but she heard Bindy.

Great, more 'friends', she thought. Maybe if she just kept low, and ate low, and looked in the other direction, she could pass the night not being noticed. But didnt they have to share the same dormitories. Oh great! Emerald took a deep breath and looked at the new girl heading towards hufflepuff table.

Clark Orwell

Clark took his seat at the slytherin table, he couldnt belive it, he was in slytherin, but he was a nice guy, and he was a half blood. He felt like putting the sorting hat back on and telling it it was wrong. He had watched as his friends he had met on the train were sorted, he saw star go to hufflepuff, he had thought she would go there.

Slytherins couldnt be as bad as he had thought, he was a slytherin and he certainly wasnt a mean pureblood manic. he smiled with this thought feeling slightly easier and looked around at the rest of his fellow housemates

Emerald Rosemary

Emerald saw the boy walk up to the table.

"hi," she said. She wanted at least one friend from slytherin.

"I'm Emerald Rosemary,"she just wanted to talk, she just hoped the boy might talk back.

Alexis Edwards

"Hey Alexis" Bindy said smiling, she was pleased to be in slytherin. She hadn't really expected anything else, but still she had been nervous underneath the hat.

She hadnt met that many people but she saw the guy from the train, Jaxson, she smiled at him, she was pleased that he like her had got into the house he wanted.

"I knew we'd be in slytherin together" She said to Alexis

Alexis smiled back at Bindy, "Hi Bindy. yeah I did to." Alexis seen Emerald trying to keep low and not draw attention to herself that made her laugh. "Bindy look," Alexis whispered to her and pointed to Emerald.

Emerald Rosemary

Emerald felt like someone was watching her. She didnt turn, just incase there wasnt anyone and Bindy and Alexis looked, so she just continued looking at the boy.

"What's your name?"she asked him.

Clark Orwell

"I'm Clark" Clark said smiling she didn't seem like an evil slytherin, although the girls behind her who were pointing at her did. "Whats yours"

Findbahair Devalgras

Findbahair hid her anger as she calmly walked over to the Slytherin table. 'I am so not selfish!' she thought. 'Don't know what that hat was thinking.'

She whisked a piece of hair behind her ear and tried to mapear calm as she sat down next to a boy who appeared to be in her year. 'Well, mother and father will be proud,' she thought, giving herself more confidence.

She turned to the boy next to her and stuck out her hand, "Hello, I'm Devalgras, Findbahair Devalgras. And you are?"

Giselle Monroe

Giselle walked up to the Slytherin table. It came as no suprise to her that she was a Slytherin. She knew she had the stuff for it all along. She smoothed her robes, then gracefully sat down next to some of the other first years. Some of them seemed suprised to be sitting at the green clad table, and others looked very pleased. Giselle herself was extremely happy. Her father would be so proud!

Giselle combed hand through her dark, big, loose curls. She sat there looking calm, staring into space, kind of trying to avoid contact, but not so much. It was her philosophy to always let the other person make the move, because what if she herself made the first move, and ther person didn't want to talk to her? This is why she always tried to remain calm and quiet in social situations.

Adele Woods

The previous day had been a blur: good chunks of it just didn’t seem like they were real, although she had no real reason to think or believe otherwise. Being sorted into Slytherin wasn’t a surprise to her, although the fact that she had been sorted, and that she had spent her first night in Hogwarts inside the Slytherin dorms, was slightly surreal. There was nothing surreal however about the fact that the beds were utterly and completely comfortable, and that it was exceedingly unpleasant to pull herself out of them for breakfast.

She slowly made her way down to the great hall. She had a good sense of direction, and wasn’t perturbed by the fact that her trip was made without a companion. She, without incident moved to the table and sat next to a girl with an abundance of dark curls. The other girl showed no interest in talking, and Adele wasn’t one to waste time staring into space, so she decided to start to pen a letter to her parents.

Eating at the table while writing isn’t easy. She got as far as “dear Mum and Dad,” before spilling a large gloob of marmalade on her letter. She scowled and realized that her own napkin had been a victim of the marmalade spill. She turned and made a general sort of announcement, “anyone have anything that’ll remove marmalade from a letter?”

Findbahair Devalgras

Findbahair noticed the new girl who had just sat down. Her appearance gave her a calm, nonchalent look, but Findbahair could tell there was something else underneath thta mask. She was definately someone who coudl hold her own in this cunning house. Findbahair seized her up and gave an approving nod. Yes, she'll need some allies and that Giselle girl looked liek just the one.

She turned a cool smile to the dark haired girl and held out her hand, "Devalgras. Findbahair, Devalgras."

Noelle Reeves

Noelle watched as several other students joined them at the table, and noticed that some of them seemed as young as her. It was evident that they, too, were first-years; and not all of them looked completely comfortable. Maybe she was being stupid worrying her head about the issue. So what if she was a half-blood? It didn't matter half as much as what colour socks she wore. Here she was, practically the most brilliant first-year around - her chest swelled with pride as the thought crossed her mind - hiding away because she was scared of not being accepted. Hadn't the hat identified her confident nature when it had put her in Slytherin? It did probably expect her to be confident and bold, not timid and shy. She ought to live up to the hat's expectations, at least!

“anyone have anything that’ll remove marmalade from a letter?”

Noelle eyed the girl with slight amusement, and her eyes then darted to the letter she held in her hand. She wrinkled her nose in slight distate, then racked her brains to see if she knew any spell that would clear up the mess. "There's the Vanishing Spell," she informed the girl in her typical know-it-all tone, "but it's clearly a very advanced spell. You'd probably have to ask an older student to help you." She nodded as if to emphasize her statement, then stuck out her hand. "Noelle," she introduced herself, offering the other girl a smile.

"Devalgras. Findbahair, Devalgras."

Noelle glanced at Findbahair and nodded in a friendly way. "Noelle Reeves," she introduced again. "Nice to meet you, Findbahair."

Edited by Noelle Reeves

Luna Dragonblood

"SLYTHERIN!" the hat shouted and, grinning, Luna Dragonblood sat down at the end of the Slytherin table.

She looked around at her to-be-classmates and smirked. How glad she was to be in Slytherin, where they were mostly purebloods!

She looked around for her friend Alisha, who had also been sorted into Slytherin, but she was nowhere to be seen...

Abigail Battier

Abigail Battier walked up to the Slytherin table. She smirked to herself. Her father would surely be proud now. But she wasn't surprised, oh no, she definately knew Slytherin was where she belonged.

She took a seat, and looked around at her fellow housemates. There were faces she had recognized from some parties her family had thrown, but she shrugged it off. This was school. It was different now. There were no formalities here. And she accepted that. She loved being in a new environment. Anything that was challenging was always something Abigail looked forward too.

She ran a hand through her hair and randomly looked to the person next to her. Might as well start socializing, "I'm Abigail Battier. Who are you ?"

((hi Luna. [winks] nice seeing you again !))

Edited by Abigail Battier

Giselle Monroe

"Devalgras. Findbahair, Devalgras."

Giselle zoomed out of space, and back to reality. She turned her head to look at the girl who had just spoken. She had an arrogant look about her, and she seemed like the type of person Giselle wouldn't mind hanging around with. She lightly grasped her hand while saying, "Giselle Monroe."

She searched her brain for something to say to the girl. It didn't take her long though. Her brain was always bustling with new schemes, and Ideas, and general things to say."So, what are your ambitions for your first year at Hogwarts?" She asked. Giselle didn't feel like wasting too much time with idle chatter, so she cut right to the point. Everybody had ambitions, and she wanted to know what Findbahair's were.

Edited by Giselle Monroe

Adele Woods

Adele wrinkled her own nose at the spoiled parchment. No need to trouble and older student, she thought, as she enthusiastically tore the letter into tiny pieces. She smirked at her handywork before discretely pushing them off of the table. As more people joined the table, she figured letter writing could wait. Keep her parent’s guessing (she could already guess their response, ‘Good for you. Grandma Welgrave will be proud. Don’t slack on your studies, love Mum and Dad’). She made her second general announcement, “My name’s Adele,” after a few seconds (and after recognizing a few faces from parties and other social gatherings) she added, “I’m Gavril’s daughter.”

Giselle Monroe

Giselle turned her head towards Adele. She had been to a few of her father's social gatherings, seeing how her father had insisted she attend with him. Adel and her father had also been to a few of Giselle's fathers social gatherings. Giselle recognised her face and name. She was sure that they had met before, in some odd social environment. Business fathers were always pushing their children to become freinds. It made for allies with other businesses.

"Giselle Monroe," She stated," Daughter of Wesly and Anette Monroe."

[OOC:Is there a way we can veiw the sheet we put into the sorting hat? I forgot some minor details I put, and I want to check them out.]

Findbahair Devalgras

Findbahair gave an approving nod, "It's a pleasure to meet you Giselle."

She eyed the hall around her and watched the other first years' sortings. Some of them seemed so scared, true she had been as well; but she knew better than to let everyone in the room aorund know that. You don't let anyone know your weaknesses, they could be used against you.

"How foolish," she muttered to herself. It was then that she wa startled by Giselle's question, "So, what are your ambitions for your first year at Hogwarts?"

It was an easy question and Findbahair gave a small smirk while she answered, "Why to uphold the family name, can't fall behind some bloody Hufflepuff, would be so embarrassing. Plus, the Gryffindors have become too brave around us Slytherins. Our house just doesn't command the respect it used to. Don't you think we shoudl change that this year? I wouldn't mind bring them down a notch or two."

She sniffed at one student who had just been named a Gryffindor. 'So bloody impossible,' she thought, annoyed.

Edited by Findbahair Devalgras

Clark Orwell

She turned to the boy next to her and stuck out her hand, "Hello, I'm Devalgras, Findbahair Devalgras. And you are?"

"Clark Orwell" Clark smiled and took her hand "Thats an unusual name Findbahair"

Clark wasn't arrogant, well he was a good looking guy but that didnt make him arroggant, he hated the sorting hat. And another thing why was he always sorrounded by girls, not that he minded of course, he liked girls, but seriously did no guys go to hogwarts

Adele Woods

Adele nodded her head in recognition. She had always liked the parties, being able to see other children besides her brother, seeing the families try to outdo each other. She didn’t necessarily mind being used as a social pawn for her father. When she gained friends he gained useful contacts. When her father gained useful social contacts, she not only gained more friends, but there would be a good chance the useful social contact would equal a particularly exotic summer vecation…

She noticed Findbahair’s eyes falling briefly on her. Adele had been guilty of the same act, sizing up her fellow students like pieces of meat, jogging mental notes to herself, but at least she went through the trouble of trying to enjoy herself. And of course, getting things from other people was much easier if they thought you were a happy, mildly unpredictable, but otherwise harmless girl. Much easier.

She listened intently before adding her opinions on the matter, “It’s important to have a solid foundation. I wish to prepare myself fully for future years. Honestly I’d rather hold up my own name then my family name. I’m not saying that I don’t enjoy my families,” She paused for the right word, not wanting to appear overtly elitist, “Status.”

She chose to reserve information that her mother was a Hufflepuff, and smiled serenely, “Slytherin shall have its glory,” she cast a look over the table, “we look to be a competent bunch.”

Her smile turned slightly dark as she said this, her voice heavy with suggestion, “It’s not ‘bloody impossible’ he simply wasn’t—competent enough to join our ranks.”

She suddenly giggled, “Oh dear I sound simply horrid.”

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.