Sign in to follow this  
Weasley

The Ravenclaw Table

Sara Marshall

"Ravenclaw!"

Sara sighed with relief, put the hat back down on the stool, and walked nimbly to her house table, the one clapping the loudest. Half of the table was empty, but she recognized an older girl she'd met in Diagon Alley. Gabby, was it? Sara sat four spots across from Gabby and her group.

"Hi, is it okay that I sit here?"

Edited by Sara Marshall

Audrey Teller

Audrey was sitting exactly two seats away from the conversation going on, and was fine with eating as many chicken legs as her stomach could hold, but when Quidditch was mentioned, the tall girl felt it neccesary to speak up, interested as she was in the game. Watching it, that is - not playing.

"How is the Ravenclaw Quidditch team?" Audrey asked, raising her voice a bit to be sure she was heard. She had to bite her tongue to stop from bragging about her gran and her mum both being on the Quidditch team during their Hogwarts years. Her gran still had the trophies tucked away somewhere in her dusty attic, but Audrey thought she secretly took them out and relived her glory days.

"I mean, what sort of brooms do you all have? Do you play Quidditch?" Audrey questioned, putting down her chicken leg and staring at the older girl with blond hair.

Gabby Lotston

Gabby turned from the fanaticism of the group she was in, enough to give Naima a smile and a quick hug, before she was asked another question. She sighed, but smiled. She was back in the rushed feeling of being at Hogwarts. She shook her head as she heard the tail-end of Naima talking to Shanian. Quidditch...what else... She smirked and then turned fully to this new girl.

Obviously a Ravenclaw. I mean, apart from the fact that the young girl had actually sat at the Ravenclaw table, you could tell this girl was a Ravvie by the looks of her. Slightly timid, though she had a look about her in those eyes. A thirst for the unknown and the knowledge about it. She smirked and nodded her head.

"Of course. Take a seat." She scooted over to make room for this tiny girl, a lot like herself and smiled up at her. "So, I take it you're happy about being sorted into Ravenclaw, am I right?" Hoping that the girl's answer was a positive one, she thought about those who did not want to be in the house of the eagle. Who wouldn't want to? Sure, you didn't have to study. That wasn't all Ravenclaw was about. They loved being at Hogwarts and they loved the things they did. Completely non-specific, but who cared?

Gabby took a bite of her mashed potatoes in front of her, swallowing them after a few seconds. She paused enough to sip her pumpkin juice from her golden goblet. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the a ghost walk past the double doors into the Great Hall.

She suppressed a snicker at the few who gasped as they caught the transparent hang-around. Oh, to be a first year again. Gabby's head turned toward a girl mentioning Quidditch, Gabby did not hold back the grin that took over her face.

Oh, Nai and Shanian were going to have fun with this one. And where were her manners. "I'm Gabby, by the way. I think we've met previously. But, in case you didn't know. That's who I am."

Sara Marshall

"Oh, I;m delighted to be sorted into Ravenclaw. Both of my parents were in it, and I'm perfect for it." Sara took a roll and stuffed half of it into her mouth.

Kina Calderon

RAVENCLAW!!!

Kina slowly stud then ran all the way to her new family. As the next person was being sorted kina couldn’t help the smile that appear on her face. Yes, she was defiantly going to like being there. She tuck a look around the table and saw some of the new years talking to older students, already.

Edited by Kina Calderon

Sara Watson

"RAVENCLAW!!!" The Hat shouted. I never thought I would see the day that I was following the words of a hat, Sara thought strangely as she sat down at the Ravenclaw table. She sat quietly looking around her surroundings. People-watching, her favorite past time. She sighed and waited for the food to come.

Edited by Sara Watson

Shanian Love-Valentein

Just then Naima approached them and mentioned something about her playing quidditch for Slytherin instead of Ravenclaw. The thought really horrified her since for one Shanian had no idea she was even going to play quidditch until she had gotten done with cheerleading tryouts and found out that she didn't make it. It was through this she decided to try out for quidditch since she really wanted to get involved at this school and wanted to make new friends.

Laughing at Naimas comment Shanian said,"Since I know you Naima I will make sure to be nice to you and not take away to many points. Besides, I prefer giving out cookies way more then taking off housepoints so nobody better break any rules okay?" It was true Shanian had a kind heart and didn't really want to take points off from people especially those from her own house. Perhaps she should just give away cookies instead of taking away housepoints. At least the ickles would like her better this way.

"I will always be an ickle since I have so many big and older people around me even those that have graduated. When someone asked about quidditch Shanian said,"I am now a fifth year and have been on the quidditch team since I first came to hogwarts. Two years ago we managed to be undeated all three games and won the house cup. Quidditch got cancelled halfway through last year because the pitch was destroyed. As for brooms well we have many different types of brooms such as the nimbus 2001, Firebolt and Eagle Pros." Shanian then paused for a moment to let everything sink in and continued saying,"Anything else you would like to know about the sport or Ravenclaw let me know."

Charisse Doyle

Doyle rhymes with Goyle, boil and toil. I am a very smart hat as you can see, I can rhyme names and other…things. Ahem, Goyle’s always go to one house but that house isn’t for you, let’s start a new Doyle tradition…RAVENCLAW!

Bloody hell…that hat can talk in her head? While she was forewarned to an extent, it still managed to catch the young girl off guard. Fortunatly, she hardly had too much chance to show shock as she felt herself hop off the stool and hurried over to the table suitably decked in the her new house’s colours. She squeezed herself into an empty spot not quite check of apologizing to those she bumped while seating herself.

A moment passed and a few more were sorted before it finally struck her. It was official. She was a bonafide Hogwarts student. Ah! And a Ravenclaw no less!

Ravenclaw…

‘Father and Uncle will be none too happy to hear this…’ She thought to herself as she groaned and let her forehead hit the table.

“Well…It’s too late now…” she muttered as she looked back up meekly and glanced about at her new peers. Did she see some of them before?

Winter VonWiederwachse

After a moment on her head, the Sorting Hat said, "You are a very firm and grounded young thing, with a high-functioning, analytical mind. Your love of observing people shows a streak of intelligence rare in first years. Your talents will be well refined in RAVENCLAW!"

Winter's jaw very nearly dropped, until she thought how uncouth it would look. "Thank you, Hat, that is very kind of you to say so," she said quietly, adding after she had taken the Hat off and replaced it on the stool, "but it is not quite what I had envisioned for myself."

Making her way over to the Ravenclaw table in the midst of polite applause from her new Housemates, the little albino girl thought to herself, It could have been much worse. Ravenclaw is a respectable house. I do regret losing the chance to share Sorsha's room; still, towers are probably more salubrious for the health than dungeons.

She slid on to the bench at the table and smiled at her fellow-students and Housemates. At least now the waiting was over, and she would do her very best to honor the House into which she had been placed.

Kevin Adams

So. The Hat had spoken. And it said Ravenclaw!

Kevin was so excited as he leapt of the stool and looked for the Ravenclaw table. He saw a few hands clapping and waving his way, then noticed the proud eagle flag hanging above them, and rushed over.

Kevin's parents had told him to trust the decision of the Sorting Hat, wherever it placed him. Because his mom was a Hufflepuff so many years ago, he was almost sure he'd get placed there. But then Ravenclaw was where he was assigned, and judging by the smiles of the people at the table, he didn't think he got such a bad deal. Remember His father had said, Ravenclaws are smart. They can halp ou research and learn things that can help you with your stories.

Remembering those words, his smile widened.

Shanian Love-Valentein

It seemed like Shanian that she was getting surrounded by more and more first years and that all the other years seemed to be elsewhere. This was really odd since in past years she tended to sit around more people that were on the quidditch team. This year was going to be different though since Shanian was a prefect and for one wanted to get to know all the little ickles better. It was as though they made her feel like she was new again and anxious to get to know this place.

Taking some corn on the cob and biting into it, Shanian savored its sweet taste while just for a moment listening to all the chatter going on around her. It was then that she noticed that she was joined by two more first years. Deciding that it wouldn't hurt to get to know more people Shanian turned to the newcomers and said,"Welcome to Ravenclaw. So what do you think of hogwarts so far?"

Akemi Fujiwara

((WOW, I missed a lot...0.o))

Gah. Another year and SO MANY Ravenclaw girls, but hardly ANY Ravenclaw boys. Kem was slightly unsatisfied. She wanted male companions, not female ones, but it seemed like there were only going to be girls. And it seemed hopeless.

Kem sighed. Was there no possible way that girls could get into Slytherin and Gryffindor and boys could get into Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff? Aggh! Although Kem was a girl herself, of course, she still went with this philosophy. Hmm. Awkward.

And as girl after girl squealed with the Sorting Hat's decision, Kem slumped lower and lower into her seat, poking at her salad while she leaned her head on her right hand. Hopefully one of them was a tomboy. Hopefully all of them were tomboys, but Kem highly doubted that.

For no one was as much of a tomboy as she.

Johan Ng

The not-so-excited third year slumped down in his seat during the time of the sorting. He clapped when his house was called but mostly he was dead bored. He tapped the wooded table impatiently for the food to come and the sorting to end.

Finally! The Z's been called and the speech begun. When the speech arrives, you know food is coming. Johan stared at his plate and counted the seconds. 3, 2, 1. poof food had had arrived.

Putting his servings together, Johan took some mash patatos, chicken, corn, and chocolate pudding (though not mixing them together) he dug in. He skipped breakfast and lunch today and he hardly did that on purpose.

A quick glance up and down the table showed him that the population of Ravenclaw—if not all of Hogwarts—remained mostly of the female type. A better chance of finding himself a girlfriend. Taking that mental note, he stuck in the void n the back of head. Let him at least get through his electives and school work this year.

Alexia Frost

Alexia sat down after being sorted and looked nervously up and down the table. An asian looking girl caught her eyes for a second with a look that could only be described as contempt. Alexia's mood sunk instantly.

All these girls. She couldn't stand the chattering. They replaced brains with small-talk fluff. There was such a thing as being polite, but running their mouths at 500 kilometers per hour was actually rude the the listener.

Oh well. She was sure most of them would be nice.

Sierra Leonki

"Ah yes, you belong in RAVENCLAW." The sorting hat shouted. Sierra sat in her chair, stunned for a moment, as the Ravenclaw table burst into applause. She pulled the hat off and stumbled down the platform her mind working a hundred miles an hour. Ravenclaw, she thought, but I'm supposed to be in Slytherin. She felt as though she had burned too many bridges to go back this time. She had acted like a slytherin, made friends with mostly Slytherins, and now her face burned with shame. Who had she been kidding? The sorting hat had been right. She belonged in Ravenclaw, just like her mother had.

She made her way down to the table and sat down at an empty space, hoping against all odds that the person who sat next to her hadn't met her yet. Maybe she'd still have a chance at making a new friend.

Kelsy O'Brian

"RAVENCLAW!"

Ravenclaw. Ravenclaw. Ravenclaw. Yes.

Kelsy was grinning so widely she thought for sure her face would split. She had made it into Ravenclaw! Gripping the edge of the stool, Kelsy pushed herself to her feet. Just for a second, she paused to look at the many faces of the great hall and enjoy the loud applause from her new house.

With a purposefull flip of hair, she walked over to the Ravenclaw table and sat down. "Hello," She said to the nearest person, "I'm Kelsy O'Brian. Great to meet you."

Sara Watson

Sara looked up from the empty plate when she heard Kelsy's name.

"Kelsy! I haven't seen you in awhile, or 30 minutes," Sara said smiling, at least she knew someone in her house.

Kelsy O'Brian

"Oh, Sara, hi!" Kelsy turned and grinned at the girl. "Wow, we got into the same house. That's so cool! How've you been doing?"

Kelsy thought she might just bubble over with adrenaline; this was turning out better then she had ever thought.

Akemi Fujiwara

((The boy = Johan Ng. Apologies for the short post.))

And just when Kem thought that all hope was lost, a boy sat down right next to her. He seemed to be just a bit older than she, but she didn't mind--after all, it was nice to talk to more mature people, because they tended to be quite wiser, since they had been in Ravenclaw longer than she. And at least, if she managed to start a conversation with him, then he wouldn't talk about...Kem shuddered at the thought...hairspray.

And so, Kem decided to take a shot. To the boy sitting to her side, she asked, "Can you please pass the pumpkin juice?" motioning to the pitcher beside him. After all, what better way to start a conversation? That's how her brothers did it, anyway. And her sister, but Kem was convinced that her brothers taught her older sister in the first place.

Edited by Akemi Fujiwara

Shanian Love-Valentein

Shanian started to notice that it was getting late and that she would have to find Ian so that they could get ready to show the first years to the Ravenclaw dorms. So she ate as fast as she could and just listened to all the chatter that was going on around her. There were more first years around her plus a few others. Her other teamates were nowhere in site and Shanian made a note to find them later or tomorrow and to find out when quidditch tryouts were going to be held.

For now all the Ravenclaw could do was excuse herself and to straighten out her robes. Her badge glowed in the light and Shanian still couldn't believe that she was special enough to where a prefects badge. She stared at it for just a few minutes more and then went to find Ian so that they could take the new Ravenclaws back to their commonroom safely.

Sierra Leonki

Glad to see a familiar face, Sierra turned towards the conversation to her left.

"Sara, it's good to see you again. Kelsey," she nodded towards the girl that had sat down next to her, "I'm Sierra."

Brynne van Varick

"Ah yes, you belong in RAVENCLAW." The sorting hat shouted. Sierra sat in her chair, stunned for a moment, as the Ravenclaw table burst into applause. She pulled the hat off and stumbled down the platform her mind working a hundred miles an hour. Ravenclaw, she thought, but I'm supposed to be in Slytherin. She felt as though she had burned too many bridges to go back this time. She had acted like a slytherin, made friends with mostly Slytherins, and now her face burned with shame. Who had she been kidding? The sorting hat had been right. She belonged in Ravenclaw, just like her mother had.

She made her way down to the table and sat down at an empty space, hoping against all odds that the person who sat next to her hadn't met her yet. Maybe she'd still have a chance at making a new friend.

Conversation around her part of the table falling rather short, Brynne looked around to find a girl around her age, alone and seemed cut off from the people around her. She got up from her seat and sat next to the girl, deciding that she wanted to be her friend, or at least talk to her. "Hey, I'm Brynne," she smiled. "What's your name?"

Victoria Conway

Ravenclaw the hat had cried out after an extremely short conversation. Apparently she was one of the easy ones to Sort, as some of the kids seemed to sit up on that isolated stool forever. To a round of applause, she took her book and made her way over to the blue-and-gold table. Taking a seat slightly off by herself but still near enough to hear scraps of conversation if she so wished, she watched the rest of them go by in a blur. She had to wait a while, as her surname, beginning with C, was towards the front end of the alphabet. So many more letters in between Conway and the end of the alphabet where she would eat, drink, be "merry" (merry: (adj) laughingly happy, mirthful), and read.

And so she sat. And she waited. Her fingers twitched to open the book she had placed in her lap, but she restrained herself. Finally, the last name was called and, oddly enough, there was food on the table.

Where did the food come from? Did they have magical little elves under the floors or something? Knowing that, since it was physically impossible, that guess was probably correct, she began to distribute food on her plate. Chicken on one side, corn next to it but not quite touching, a dash of applesauce over here and then a buttered roll. Yes, she was a bit obsessive-compulsive, but what can you do?

She ate slowly, watching everyone around her and not quite sure what to expect from them. Here she was, in a school that should not exist, surrounded by people she never would have met had the laws of physics not decided to take a lunch break. She also ate politely, tucking her napkin over the edges of her book so that no food would ruin it or her skirt. She didn't mind the skirt too much, although it was a bit short for her. Just goes to show her conservative ways when it comes to her legs, which she was very self-concious of.

The food was delicious.

Sierra Leonki

"Hey, I'm Brynne," she smiled. "What's your name?"

Sierra smiled back at the girl. "Sierra. It's nice to meet you." She looked down unsure of what to say and berated herself. She'd always been the life of the party before, there was no reason for Ravenclaw to be any different.

"Some feast huh? I hear that the ghosts will be joining us any time. That's got to be interesting."

Edited by Sierra Leonki

Brynne van Varick

Brynne chuckled. The girl had turned out to be pretty interesting and she was glad she talked to her. "Yeah, though I wouldnt want to be one of the ones who have to sit next to them," she pondered on the thought. "Have you seen that Slytherin ghost? I swear, I think he can see right through me."

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.