Sign in to follow this  
Weasley

The Ravenclaw Table

Irinia Nightflame

Irinia made her way over to the Ravenclaw table, slightly relieved that she had gotten into a nice house. She looked around and noticed a seat slightly out of the way of the various chatting students and sat down. She noticed that the dishes in front of her held food that she absolutely adored and proceeded to fill her plate up with chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans. Propping her book against the pitcher of pumpkin juice in front of her, she picked up where she had left off on the Express. She was finding it difficult to concentrate on the pages in front of her and decided to close the book and simply watch the people around her.

Elva McKinley

Elva walked over to the Ravenclaw table, almost in a daze. All of the other students were applauding, making her blush from the attention. She didn't notice anyone she recognized at the table. Her "friend", Nyx, looked interestedly at the new Slytherins that were joining her.

Elva wished that someone, anyone, would talk to her. She certainly wanted to meet some new friends.

Emerald Knight

Elva walked over to the Ravenclaw table, almost in a daze. All of the other students were applauding, making her blush from the attention. She didn't notice anyone she recognized at the table. Her "friend", Nyx, looked interestedly at the new Slytherins that were joining her.

Elva wished that someone, anyone, would talk to her. She certainly wanted to meet some new friends.

Emerald was just going to run up to her new friend cassidy when she spotted another girl looking lonely so her being Emerald wanted to get to know her and maybe she can become one of her best friend so excitedly Emerald said "Hi my name is Emerald I'm from Gryffindor what's your name"

Anixously Emerald waited for the response.

Gabby Lotston

Yet another year. With a heavily-thumping heart of excitement, Gabby chose a seat at the Ravenclaw table, a brilliant smile gracing her face. She watched with twinkling eyes as many students were brought into the ranks of the colors bronze and blue. Some looking pleased, some not so much. Oh, they'll see....

True it was. Many who came into Ravenclaw doubting the amount of wickedness the house held, left or came around to it eventually. All these first years needed was time. She smiled as a just-sorted girl sat next to her. She gave the girl a friendly smile and looked at the goblet and golden plate in front of her. It was then that it hit her. She was muy hungry. Which was weird. Not that she was hungry. That it had taken her this long to realize it. Shrugging her shoulders, she put off the random thought and watched as the last student was sorted and the stool, along with the brilliant hat was put away.

Another year until we hear its next song...what a shame. Because Gabby knew that the song he sang would be in her noggin for days after. She looked up as Headmaster Weasley stood in front of them. Another year. Oh yes it was. Complete with.....QUIDDITCH?!?!?! Gabby roared with the rest of them. Oh, how she loved the game. Playing it was another thing all-together, but to watch it was a passion of hers.

And was that.....Headmaster Wigglesworth?! Oh, the things she'd learned about him. His brashness of human emotion, for one. But many others that could be found in the library. And what a brilliant way to start the feast.

Gabby looked around with wide eyes, like it was the first time she was seeing food magically appear in front of her, before she dug in and brought many afood to her plate. Now, sure she was hungry. But she could multi-task. Like, for example, eat and get to know her newly-sorted housemates. Particularly the girls. Because she'd be in the same dorm-wing with them. But boys, too. She supposed. She turned to the girl who had sat next to her and smiled once more [OOC: Do you mind if this is you, Irinia? If not, whoever posts first, I guess.].

"Welcome to Ravenclaw!" A nice way to start a conversation. Especially to a Ravenclaw. Though, it would have been funny to utter that to a Slytherin. Anyway.....

"I'm Gabby."

Elva McKinley

Emerald was just going to run up to her new friend cassidy when she spotted another girl looking lonely so her being Emerald wanted to get to know her and maybe she can become one of her best friend so excitedly Emerald said "Hi my name is Emerald I'm from Gryffindor what's your name"

Elva's head snapped up as a girl approached her.

"H-hi," she said tentatively. "My name's Elva. I'm in Ravenclaw."

Emerald Knight

Elva's head snapped up as a girl approached her.

"H-hi," she said tentatively. "My name's Elva. I'm in Ravenclaw."

"Hi Elva I hope we can be friends even though we're in different houses" Emerald said sitting next to Elva which made her recieve weird stares from the Gryffindors

Elva McKinley

Elva couldn't help but grin at this girl's eagerness. She nodded. It looked like she had found her first friend of the year.

"Okay," she said. "We can definitely be friends. Are you a first-year too?"

Gabby Lotston

[OOC: Emerald, dear...you're a Gryffie, you are not allowed to post at the Ravenclaw Table. Hence the Ravenclaw in the title. Just wanted you to know....So, I'm going to RP talking to Elva.]

A timid one. Oh, Gabby used to be like that. But, strangely, Ravenclaw takes that out of you. You're still left with the bookwormish, dorky qualities you have when you're first sorted, but they really work on getting the timidness out of you. Which was Gabby's mission now for this one.

"Elva." A simple name reieteration, but Gabby had a purpose for it, she swore. She was, at the moment, trying to think of what specific origin the name came from. Not placing it, she supposed it couldn't hurt to ask. After all, she was trying to talk with this girl. "What's the origin?"

Ateryu Terkaru

Ateryu was sure she looked like a fool as she walked to the Ravenclaw table. She could feel her legs shaking below her and though she couldn't see it, she was certain her face was pale; pastier than usual. She clutched her arms tightly, nails digging in. Fortunately for her, she was in her school robes as they'd been advised. She slumped into a seat, not bothering to look where she was and let her head fall to the table, burried in her arms. With a wave of nausea, Ru's stomach churned. Oh this wasn't real, it couldn't be real. How was it real?

She moaned quietly and shivered at the surreality of it all. A castle. A massive castle. And a talking hat. The hat SPOKE TO HER. Hats aren't supposed to talk! She felt faint suddenly again and held her breath until the feeling passed over.

"Bloody hell," she moaned. "I'm talking to myself now."

Elva McKinley

Elva watched, sadly, as Emerald was scolded for being at the Ravenclaw table, and then scurried off to her own table. She would definitely talk to her later, though...

"Elva," this other girl said, making Elva jump in surprise. "What's the origin?"

Elva looked at the older girl. She was the one who had told Emerald to go away. Well, she supposed it was for a good reason, so she turned to face her.

"I-I think it's English, but I'm not sure..." she answered hastily. She hoped this girl wouldn't yell at her...

Gabby Lotston

Now, one could say that Gabby was ADD, or Attention Deficit Disorder. One could say it's true. But, only what Gabby said was what counted. At least, when it concerned her. But, in this situation, they were right. As Gabby waited to hear from Elva, her attention was drawn away from a muttered curse and a heavily thunked head upon the table. Now that can't be good for the brain cells....

Tilting her head, Gabby watched the girl. It looked like she was in the middle of having a mental breakdown. Now this couldn't be good. Maybe she was overwhelmed with something. Maybe someone died. Maybe you should stop assuming and ask her youself, dorkwad. Scowling at her inner thoughts, she reached out to put a tentative hand upon this girl's shoulder.

"Um." Nice, Gabs. Clearing her throat, she tried again.

"Are you okay?" That was better. Still tragic, but better than 'um'. And she was back with this other girl. Okay, she could so do this. Taking a look at Elva's face, Gabby wondered if she thought she was going to attack the girl or something. She wouldn't. But, why this girl was possibily think that was what was getting to Gabby. First years keep getting weirder and scareder... Was that a word? Was now...

"Oh. Well, all the same, I really like it. It sounds exotic, almost. Mine's just plain Irish. And sorry about that." Indicating towards shooing off her friend. "It's just....it's rules. And I really don't think your friend would have liked points being taken away on her first day. The Gryffies would have had an uproar."

Elva McKinley

Elva looked at the hand on her shoulder and at the trying-to-be-kind face. She was trying to be nice. She smiled.

"Understandable," she said when the girl told her why she had to shoo Emerald away. "I'll get to talk to her later...What's your name?"

Gabby Lotston

Oh, the relief. Glad that this girl looked convinced that Gabby wasn't going to pull a Silence of the Lambs on her, she smiled. Wow, she really was weird. Glad for these people around her that they didn't have to hear the goings-on in her mind, she shook her head. But she still did. And it wasn't always nice to hear. But it certainly was always interesting.

Gabby's eyes followed the departing girl, of Gryffindor, rather, only quickly. She turned her eyes back to Elva and smirked. "Surely you can. There's so many places to talk with others, you're bound to start up a conversation with her later. For now, however, I'll answer your question. I'm Gabby." Another smile. Yup. That was how she worked.

"And like I said...all Irish. Though, I don't mind it. Sometime. I'm starting to curse the fair skin, though." She glanced down at her arms, the stark transparent, glow-in-the-dark white fairness of her skin being made clear to her previous statement. She really did need to move on. There was always tanning.

Speaking of moving on, she reckoned she should do that in the conversation as well. "So, how do you feel about being sorted into Ravenclaw?" A tough question to answer. One you needed to think over carefully when you're surrounded by hundreds of Ravenclaws. But, the answer was something she wanted to hear. The answer, however, needed to be thought out.

Shanian Love-Valentein

Shanian was sitting down at the table and hoping that the announcements would go quick so that she could eat. Her stomach started to rumble loudly just as the headmaster mentioned that quidditch would in fact return this school year. It was then that Shanian realized that she was standing up in her seat whomping for joy since now her beloved sport was back. This year was going to be different though since not only Shanian had owls to do but she also had the priviledge of being a prefect.

Looking down at her shiny badge, Shanian wonder just what Joshie would think about her becoming a prefect. She really liked the Gryffindor and felt bad that she had to decline his invitation to go out since she was to busy over the summer. He was in the back of her mind and Shanian was starting to think she should perhaps owl him as soon as things died down and that the two of them could have some romantic broomride across the lake.

She was oblivious to everything going on around her and without realizing it stuck her fork into her hand instead of into her mash potatoes."Ouch that really hurt," Shanian said outloud and her mind came back into reality. Noticing that there were new ickles all around her, Shanian decided to chat with them a bit and said,"Welcome to Ravenclaw. So how do you feel about being sorted into this house? By the way my name is Shanian Love."

Ateryu Terkaru

Now, one could say that Gabby was ADD, or Attention Deficit Disorder. One could say it's true. But, only what Gabby said was what counted. At least, when it concerned her. But, in this situation, they were right. As Gabby waited to hear from Elva, her attention was drawn away from a muttered curse and a heavily thunked head upon the table. Now that can't be good for the brain cells....

Tilting her head, Gabby watched the girl. It looked like she was in the middle of having a mental breakdown. Now this couldn't be good. Maybe she was overwhelmed with something. Maybe someone died. Maybe you should stop assuming and ask her youself, dorkwad. Scowling at her inner thoughts, she reached out to put a tentative hand upon this girl's shoulder.

"Um." Nice, Gabs. Clearing her throat, she tried again.

"Are you okay?" That was better. Still tragic, but better than 'um'. And she was back with this other girl. Okay, she could so do this. Taking a look at Elva's face, Gabby wondered if she thought she was going to attack the girl or something. She wouldn't. But, why this girl was possibily think that was what was getting to Gabby. First years keep getting weirder and scareder... Was that a word? Was now...

"Oh. Well, all the same, I really like it. It sounds exotic, almost. Mine's just plain Irish. And sorry about that." Indicating towards shooing off her friend. "It's just....it's rules. And I really don't think your friend would have liked points being taken away on her first day. The Gryffies would have had an uproar."

A hand on her shoulder left Ru jumping, quite literally jumping, in her seat. A quiet gasp wheezed out of her and she sat up, straight and rigid. Who touched her? And why? Whyyy? Tense and rigid, she looked around and realized the girl had spoken to her. She flushed, feeling foolish. This wasn't herself. She was not jumpy and skittish and afraid of people.

Raising her head defiantly, she nodded. "I am," she said. "I'm very much so fine."

Her voice sounded more bold than the normal first year - clue one that it was forced. Of course she wasn't fine. She was in a make believe world that wasn't entirely all that unreal. Her mind tried to grasp that very idea. It was real. A whole world of magic and wands and witches and wizards, potions and spells. Real. Her body shook slightly at the idea, terrified by its awesomeness. Real.

"I bet they've got dragons, too," she muttered out loud.

Gabby Lotston

Gabby watched with worried eyes as this girl jumped, actually jumped, in her seat. There really was something wrong with this girl. Not wrong as in, "there's something gross and wrong about her", but "something's bothering her" wrong. Could Gabby help fix it? Maybe. But, maybe with help from one of her older classmates. She bit back a comment, as this girl muttered something about dragons. Probably not a good idea.

Turning her head left and right, she spotted Shanian. She smiled and cleared her throat a bit, indicating her need of the Prefect. "Shanian? A little help." It was then that she realized that maybe Shanian didn't know her. "I'm Gabby." There. Fast and assured. "I'm thinking that she-" She stopped her to motion towards the shaking figure. "-Needs a bit of calming down. Maybe you could help me?"

Turning back to the girl, Gabby gave a slight smile. "Um. You're forced 'I'm fine' doesn't work on me. What's wrong?"

Ateryu Terkaru

Ateryu shrugged at the girl. She wasn't sure exactly if she wanted to spill her whole life for this girl, but she also seemed the kind who wasn't going to leave her alone until she knew every problem that ailed her. She could tell her some elaborate fictional story about how she was so distressed by coming to Hogwarts because she had to leave behind her ubercute boyfriend who was probably going to go out with her best friend and notorious flirty backstabber. She could tell her she was distressed about being in Ravenclaw and whine about how she couldn't have been in another house.

But alas. Ru may have been a creative mind, but she didn't lie. Not about stupid stuff like that, anyway.

She shrugged at the girl again. "Maybe I'm fine. Maybe I'm not. Maybe I'm just going crazy in a world that shouldn't exist but really does, thusly ruining my grasp on the world and baffling everything I know, making me second guess everything I've ever thought to think or believe. Maybe I'm going crazy because all the fairy tales of my childhood are coming to life right before my very eyes."

Maybe you're making a fool of yourself for all your House to see. Seven years. You're with them for SEVEN years yet.

OoC: Ack. I need to go. I'll check back here later. :)

Edited by Ateryu Terkaru

Gabby Lotston

Huh.

There are some things in life where you really don't know how to respond. Whenever you ask someone how they're doing and they respond with something like, "Well, my mum just died", you're left with a feeling of "What do you say to that?" This was how Gabby was feeling at this precise moment.

Sure, Gabby wanted to know what was bothering this girl. But, it seemed, that this was way out of her reach. But, had that ever stopped her? No, ma'am. Never had. Most likely, never would. Now, onto the problem at hand. "So....I take it you're Muggleborn." There, that was something she could say to the girl's outburst. It seemed to Gabby that this girl was most definitely having a mental breakdown. Should she take her to the Hospital Wing? Or would she freak out knowing the stairs could move on the way? No. She would stay right here. Because, as crazy as this castle was, the Great Hall was the most normal place.

Unless it was mail time. Then, she thought, this girl would perhaps die of shock.

Elva McKinley

((OOC: Sorry, I'm only going to be on for a few more minutes!))

"The Sorting Hat said that I would be best in both Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, but since I'm...artistic, I think it said...Ravenclaw won in the end," she explained to the Gabby, who seemed like her mind was wandering. "What about you? What did the Sorting Hat say about you? Does it really talk to everyone like that?"

Sythra Thaise
Sythra Thaise took a seat at the house table underneath a bronze and blue banner. She looked around at the students near her, watching their antics and animation. At first thought it was disgraceful, and not to mention that most of the students seemed a little rowdy. In a second thought she supposed that though this was a school, it also was a sort of home. You didn't need to act entirely proper at home with most families. Her gaze turned away from the house table to look at the blonde girl who had been sorted into Hufflepuff.

Ruby Jewel

Before Ruby could answer, the girl on the otherside of Brynne, interrupted saying she like Ravenclaw.

"It's so cool i already know you. It makes me feel not as alone," replied Ruby, playing with her long golden blonde hair sub consciously. "Yeah i'm happy i'm in Ravenclaw. Of course it would have been nice in Gryffindor cause my dad was in there but he's just got to live with the fact that i'm not like him. You know that girl Emelia who was in our compartment, she's in Slytherin. Clark, the extremely goodlooking one, is as well. That's a shame. I really wanted him to be in my house. He was so nice."

Edited by Ruby Jewel

Shanian Love-Valentein

Shanian was having a hard time trying to keep up with what was going on all around her. The new Ravenclaws seemed to be in all sorts of differents moods and she wasn't quite so sure how to handle this. One girl in particular introduced herself has Gabby. "So nice to meet you Gabby. If there is anything else I can do to help please let me know."

So much was going on that Shanian thought everyone just needed to chill out and calm down. They would never make it here if everyone was acting like this and classes hadn't even started yet. Shanian listened to the others talk about their sorting and thought about to her own four years ago. It was surprising how much she had wanted Slytherin and had instead gotten into Ravenclaw.

She wouldn't have it any other way and decided to share with everyone her own sorting saying,"It seems like so long ago since I was sorted. All I remember is that I really wanted to get into Slytherin and ended up here in Ravenclaw. I am really greatful this happened though. As for my sorting well it says I am cute but a charmer though don't know if that rings true." Shanian laughed at this last comment.

Naima St. James

“Also if you were sorted into Slytherin, you’d be playing quiddy for them and not us.” Yawning and trying her best to straighten out the wrinkles in her shirt, Naima smiled and sat down next to Gabby. “I dunno about you, but I like you right where you are.” She winked at the older girl and then let out a slight gasp. “And congratulations. I suppose we’ll have to look out for a Shan on the prowl now?” Laughing she reached for the nearest plate.

“Oh, and we do have new ickles, don’t we? Does this mean we’re to be taken a bit more seriously this year?” Naima remembered the conversation they had earlier during some quidditch practice about forever being an ickle. She didn’t mind it so much now… but still she wondered. “How about ‘not-so-ickle’ for us, hmm?”

(hides from short post)

Brynne van Varick

Brynne nodded at Jaz's answer and looked around the table. "Yeah, Ravenclaw is a nice House. The people here seem nice too, even though I only know a few people. I feel I have lots of potential friends!"

Before Ruby could answer, the girl on the otherside of Brynne, interrupted saying she like Ravenclaw.

"It's so cool i already know you. It makes me feel not as alone," replied Ruby, playing with her long golden blonde hair sub consciously. "Yeah i'm happy i'm in Ravenclaw. Of course it would have been nice in Gryffindor cause my dad was in there but he's just got to live with the fact that i'm not like him. You know that girl Emelia who was in our compartment, she's in Slytherin. Clark, the extremely goodlooking one, is as well. That's a shame. I really wanted him to be in my house. He was so nice."

"Yeah," Brynne agreed. Knowing someone in Ravenclaw was very comforting. "Oh, well, you're dad's going to get used to you being in Ravenclaw," she smiled and listened as Ruby talked about the people who had been with them in the compartment. "Really? That's a pity. Most of the other people I met on Hogwarts Express are in different houses, too."

She sighed but then perked up. "At least you're and some of my other friends are here."

Irinia Nightflame

The bits of conversations were a bit disorienting but Irinia was used to listening to multiple conversations at once. She noticed as the girl next to her, Gabby she thought, enlisted the help of a prefect to help calm another first year down a bit. Poor girl...it seemed like she was having a hard time assimilating things. She reached over and tapped Gabby on the shoulder.

"Excuse me, can I help?"

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.