Sign in to follow this  
Weasley

The Ravenclaw Table

Jaicob Greenblatt

Why did he have to open his big mouth? Jaicob, that is, not the boy who had just spilled some food.

Something about the boy's tone when he said "messy?" gave Jaicob a bad feeling. He nudged his book closer to his side of the table before Ian tried to fit too much food in his mouth. What was up with the older boy? It seemed almost like he did that on purpose. Accusing him didn't seem like a good idea though, so Jaicob tried not to sound too annoyed when he replied.

"Well, I guess you are then. I'll just have to finish up dinner so I can go read somewhere clean." He only half succeeded. If he had to, Jaicob could probably sneak out right at cufew, or a bit after, and just claim he didn't have a watch or know the time.

Jaicob muttered the page number he was on before closing the book and returning it to his bag. It was rather antisocial of him anyway. Then it dawned on him. That's probably why Ian spilled the food. He wanted to have a conversation with the 1st year who had his nose stuck in a book. It was ironic how wrong he was.

"I'm Jaicob Greenblatt. 1st year. I duel... well, I did before it was closed down. I don't play Quidditch though, cause I didn't learn how to fly until the beginning of this year. What do you do in your spare time? I don't think I've seen you around much."

As he waited for a reply, Jaicob ate his potato as quick as he could without appearing rude. The sooner he could finish the book and send it home, the less likely it would be that his parents discovered howlers.

Liv Summers

[Apologies: muse so dead, and computer time running out!]

Liv walked down to the Great Hall practically starving. She had been reading, then doing homework, and had completely forgotten about dinner. She hoped she hadn't missed it. Liv walked quickly down from the common room, running through empty corridors, and had to catch her breath before walking into the Great Hall. The chaotic noise of chatting students instantly filled her ears, and it was a happy noise. Liv smiled and located her House table, making her way towards it.

She found an empty seat and took it, sitting near a couple other Ravenclaws she didn't know. She wondered what year each of them was. She pulled one of the golden plates towards her and then turned to her neighbor (Jaicob). "Hey," she said, giving a small smile and starting to fill her plate. "I'm Olivia - Liv - Summers. What's your name?"

Orelinde Ancalime

Ah! food. Great Just what Orelinde wanted After a long day you would always need food, so with the flow of tides Orelinde was sort of late for dinner. Meaning that when she tried to enter everyone else was going the other way. finaly, on her third atempt she she got through into the great hall. It smelled...well..lovly... Orelinde smiled and headed to the Ravenclaw table where she sat down around the middle near a group of other clever Ravenclaws.

Looking around at the food she frowned, all the ribs had gone! lovly barqued ribs! Orelinde groaned and took a pork steak and some carrots, and mashed pototoes. While stuffing her face, she looked round at her fellow Ravenclaws. none of whom seemed to take any noticed of the first year.

Akemi Fujiwara

((Apologies for the shortness...I'm out of ideas on what else to write...))

Oh, fantastic. A table full of girls. What could be better??

EVERYTHING.

Kem was not at all thrilled about eating a meal with a bunch of Ravenclaw girls, the majourity of whom were older than she. What they didn't know was that she had about the same thinking capacity, as far as philosophy and general knowledge went, not necessarily in magical education, as they had.

But what else was she to do? Eat with the boys? Well, she would...but there weren't any Ravenclaw boys around. They were more fun to eat with, naturally. They didn't talk about hair and makeup and romance...ew. Kem was a majour tomboy, and she couldn't stand such conversations. She claimed that they made her brain fry as if hairspray were actually there.

Out of options, Kem reluctantly seated herself at the Ravenclaw table next to a first-year girl with fire-engine red hair and immensely pale skin. This slightly frightened Kem--could this girl be "goth?" Would she do some sort of voodoo on Kem? The little Asian girl was quick to make assumptions in her young and naive age, and this bright-red-haired girl was no exception. Kem merely nodded to the girl and quietly (rather uncharacteristically shyly for her usual outgoing nature) began to eat.

Edited by Akemi Fujiwara

Friedrich Ackerman

It was about half past twelve when he dragged his feet into the Great Hall for lunch after class. Herbology, where he’d just come from, was one of the most boring lessons to date as Professor Longbottom had decided to review what they had learned on Pearl Flowers and Garlic. ”Did he think we weren’t paying attention?” Friedrich asked himself. For this Ravenclaw, he could have easily read his class book which he planned to do for end of term revisions anyway.

Friedrich walked between his table and the one belonging to the Slytherins to find a seat. He was wary of them after what he’d done to Sam in the Dueling Tournament and he had no doubt that revenge was being considered. But Friedrich felt safest here with so many people and teachers around him or up in his common room where they couldn’t enter. Most from his house had sat down nearest to the entrance of the hall so he ended up walking most of the way up to the staff table before finding a spot where he could sit alone and wasn’t sparring against another house mate with his elbows. His back would be towards the Slytherins. Probably not the smartest idea if they wanted to hex or throw something at him. But at least he wouldn’t have to watch their jeers or looks that he’d been receiving lately. Winning his third round had been as much of a surprise to him as anyone and Friedrich continued to claim it was luck. Others however, didn’t all agree.

Trying to put it out of his mind, Friedrich slid himself into the seat and looked around to see what the kitchens had offered today. On the table were the usual sliced bread, cheddar, tomatoes and cucumbers with some ham on another platter. He picked a few pieces of the cheese and ham with his unused fork and looked at the steaming silver serving bowl with a ladle next to it. Inside was a chicken stew that looked ok and, taking a smaller bowl from the stack next to it, he poured two scoops of the stew which had carrots and some green celery looking vegetable. What it exactly was he wasn’t sure, because at Hogwarts all bets were off with Professor Longbottom and the Greenhouses nearby.

Satisfied that he had enough, Friedrich started in grabbing a few plain crackers to go with his stew. As usual, it was fine. The house elves he’d met always did a good job. But admittedly, it was getting late in the school year and it was only a little more than a month away before summer holiday was here again and he could have some of the things he only could get at home. Not paying attention to conversations near him as he picked from his plate and ate his stew, Friedrich’s thoughts wandered to what he was going to do for the weekend and the weather that they might have. If it was nice, unlike the gray, cool weather outside today, he might venture outside. If it continued like this, it was probably the library or dueling chamber again. Both of which didn’t seem particularly appealing or safe at the moment. So, with nothing better to do, Friedrich reached over and pulled out his Astronomy book to review random details about the sun for the umpteenth time. End of term exams would be here soon enough and he wanted the chance to enjoy outside when and if it ever became sunny and warm again.

Elizabeth Gardner-Golden

Trailing behind the rest of the class after Herbology, Elizabeth’s feet scuffed along, as she looked down at the ground. Her intentions were to duel after class before eating lunch but suddenly her stomach growled and she realized how hungry she was.

So she, like most of the class, headed towards the Great Hall. She trailed behind Naima a bit, and Friedrich was just up ahead, almost out of sight as they turned the corner. She knew what everyone had been saying about him lately, especially because he had dueled one of their own, Sam Craft who was quite a good duelist as well.

Honestly, Elizabeth had tried to ignore all the talk, not wanting to take sides as she had been Friedrich’s friend once, even though she felt a strong pull of loyalty to her own house.

She sat down at the Slytherin table, which was nothing unusual. She slid right into a seat next to Maddie and was about to start conversing with her, or at least get the food.

But of course she had to look at the Ravenclaw table. Didn’t she do this far too often? None of her pathetic attempts to catch Friedrich’s attention had worked so far. But quite frankly, with all the talk, Elizabeth didn’t know if she wanted to go and embarrass herself by going over to talk to him. It was much different then merely going over to talk to Naima whom everyone knew she was best friends with.

And besides it had been Naima’s birthday! It had been a memorable one, in which her brothers had given her a skunk of all things. Elizabeth’s own present to Naima had been decidedly more tasteful. Best of all Naima had given Elizabeth a wonderful present as well. But as for the boys, they had given her a disgusting, smelly skunk named Lord Horatio. She sighed and looked at all of the wonderful food on the table, about to scoop it all on to her plate. But something made her hesitate and Elizabeth had to wonder why she did. Her fork wavered and she looked back at the Ravenclaw table and then the Slytherin table…conflicted.

They still hadn’t spoken a word since she had been in trouble with Miss Quinn. And she’d be talked about, she knew it. She sighed. What should I do? Elizabeth wondered to herself. It was absolutely tormenting her. She licked her lips, looked around and bit her fingernails nervously. She knew what she wanted to do, what her heart told her to do. But a little part of her was still wary, holding her back, not letting herself be a fool. She gulped as she looked around the hall and then, aware that probably every eye was upon her, she got up from the table and turned around, as her back was towards the Ravenclaw table and moved towards it, and Friedrich. She had to wonder if she was just doing this to get attention. She did it in the dueling chamber after all…

Performing dances or singing songs. How fun. She took a deep breath then marched right up to the Ravenclaw table, hearing muttered whispers. Elizabeth glared at all of them. Yes, she had done this before, but the hall had been almost empty. And she walked up right to where Friedrich was sitting and slid down into the seat.

“Excuse me,” she said politely, on her best behavior, “Is this seat taken?” And she braced herself for a reaction wondering if it was going to be good or bad. She hoped he wouldn’t make a scene in front of everyone. But then again, maybe she did. But she would just have to wait and see, wouldn’t she?

Edited by Elizabeth Gardner

Friedrich Ackerman

Lost in how many Kelvin degrees there were supposed to be in the core of the sun and what percentage mass was which part, Friedrich reviewed each page of their class book and thought that this class was more muggle than a magical class. The truth was, he’d rather learn something else like more charms or have a class on dueling theory. But Astronomy and Potions would be his hardest exams this term and beginning to revise now meant more time outside when it warmed up. Yeah, right. He’d be in the Library with the rest of Ravenclaw. Who was he fooling?

Friedrich finished as much of his stew as he was going to have, pushed his bowl to the side so as not to splatter the pages with his lunch, and read on. A page later, and somewhat absent mindedly, Friedrich reached over and picked up another piece of cheese to nibble on when he felt someone sit next to him. A girl’s voice then asked if the seat was taken. It was a voice he had heard but it didn’t immediately click as he couldn’t recall who in Ravenclaw it was.

Looking up from his book, he found himself sitting only inches away from Elizabeth. “Um, no?” he replied more as a question and he glanced backwards behind him to see if the Slytherin table was unusually full. It wasn’t. Friedrich went on guard. Something was up. And telling Elizabeth that she was at the wrong table was pointless. She knew. ”Unless…?,” he thought briefly wondering if Elizabeth had been hit with an advanced Confunding Charm? ”Would that do it?” he asked himself as he looked back at her, cautious of what she might say. The last time they’d talked, it was before Yule holiday and Elizabeth had tricked him to go to the Dueling Club Sidelines by forging a note from Miss Quinn. Although she had apologized and claimed everything had been a mistake and huge misunderstanding, Friedrich couldn’t help but be wary as he closed his book and set it down in front of him. With everything else having gone wrong this term leading up to the dueling tournament, he had kept to himself and his books with very few friends to talk to.

Friedrich tried to think of something intelligent to say like, ”Did you want to ask me something?” but it all seemed rather stupid to him. Obviously she wanting something otherwise Elizabeth wouldn’t have sat there next to him in the first place. ”It couldn’t be for class notes.” he decided. She could have asked anyone in her house for that. And he didn’t think it was about dueling either because there were plenty of others to duel who were at her level which was above his. After thinking it over, Friedrich couldn’t really come up with a good reason and wondered if he wasn’t about to be setup for something. After all, she was in the same house that Sam was and he was sure they’d talked.

Quietly, Friedrich looked at her again and said nervously, “Not much longer ‘till end of term, is it?” It was a stupid thing to say and he knew it. But it was something. Summer holiday was about a month away and, even though he didn’t want to have to work around the inn, he looked forward to going home.

Elizabeth Gardner-Golden

An unusually long pause commenced after Friedrich said that the seat wasn’t taken. Well she had done the first step. But her heart was still beating like a jackhammer from nervousness. And she could hear the buzz in the Great Hall start to grow. Or perhaps she was imagining it. Perhaps it was what she wanted to hear. Elizabeth couldn’t really distinguish it at the moment.

Let them talk! Elizabeth thought to herself. I don’t care! Okay, she really did care, but she was trying not to show it at the moment. She had a reputation for being a duelist. People often talked about her for that. And of course not always in a good way.

But the long silence was weird. And she was aware that everyone in the hall was listening in, trying to catch snippets of their conversation. After all, it simply wasn’t done, a Slytherin going over to a Ravenclaw table. Sure there was some inter-house mixing, but normally Slytherins were definitely not a part of that. Elizabeth herself hadn’t been a part of that for a very long time.

She sighed and tapped her foot impatiently, wondering if she was going to have to make the first move…again.

Probably, with my luck, Elizabeth muttered to herself. And just as soon as she heard some of the buzz die down, Friedrich asked her a question saying that it was not too long until the end of term. Elizabeth blinked in surprise. That was a weird question, at least in her mind, after not having talked in so long. But it was awkward talking to him, when she had once talked to him almost everyday.

“Yes,” Elizabeth replied. “And I can’t wait. My parents finally consented to let me take horseback riding lessons.” She smirked. She was really happy about that. But then another awkward silence filled the air. Elizabeth knew she had to say something. But she had already apologized, and Friedrich had said he had needed time and space. And Elizabeth had given that to him. She had wanted him to come to her, but that hadn’t happened.

And so now, she was sitting at the Ravenclaw table twiddling her thumbs. She wondered if she should apologize again. Would another apology do what the first one had not? Elizabeth had to wonder. So she took a deep breath and began to speak.

“Listen, I know we haven’t spoken in forever.” Since Yule holiday to be exact. “And I apologized to you then. And…” she hesitated some more, resisting the urge to glance back at the Slytherin table. “And you said you needed more time. I, I really am sorry…” she trailed off, not really knowing what else to say. The whole charade was a complicated mess and Elizabeth really didn’t know what to do with herself. She carefully folded her hands in her lap and waited for Friedrich to speak.

Somehow, she knew, this wasn’t going to be as easy as she had hoped. She knew she should have tried and initiated this conversation a lot sooner. But she hadn’t, and now she would inevitably pay the price.

Edited by Elizabeth Gardner

Friedrich Ackerman

Friedrich looked down at the mostly empty plate in front of him trying to maintain a neutral expression. For a moment, Friedrich considered if something was up. ”Why here during lunch?” he asked himself as now felt particularly vulnerable sitting here at the Ravenclaw Table with much of his house mates obviously watching him since having anyone at their table, let alone a Slytherin, was almost unheard of.

Then the silence between them was broken again as Elizabeth replied. ”Riding lessons?” he echoed silently as his train of thought was quickly changed to recalling what she had said to him the previous year which seemed like forever ago. “Your mum? She finally agreed? That’s great.” he replied back with a somewhat forced supportive tone and smile. Friedrich knew that Elizabeth had wanted to ride but hadn’t been allowed to. This got him thinking again that maybe he’d ask the same. He used to wander, of course, down the road to the farm. But he hadn’t done so as much the previous summer. Maybe this one would be better.

But that would be then. Right now, silence was a barrier between them. Friedrich didn’t honestly know what to say. The whole fiasco had been more than he could bear. He just didn’t want to feel that hurt again.

Friedrich had half a mind to say something then and there. But something stopped him and as he tried to make some sense of what he still thought about all of it, he heard Elizabeth take a deep breath sitting next to him and speak. Friedrich listened but did not look at her. Nor did he look at the two fourth years sitting near him who were clearly interested in why a Slytherin was apologizing to a Ravenclaw. He ignored them. Or at least tried to as he began to feel uncomfortable sitting there feeling like many eyes were on them.

The problem was, Elizabeth was right. He had told her that he’d need more time. He’d said that because he didn’t understand and was confused. But mostly, he’d said it to get out of the Dueling Club. Plus Miss Quinn had been waiting for them to finish so she could talk to Elizabeth. ”I wonder what she made her do?” Friedrich wondered for a moment as he considered her words and how he felt.

How did he feel? He was hurt for one thing. And angry for how she had treated him for another. For starters, one question on his mind however was, ”Why now? Why wait six months to talk to me again if she really meant it?” But considering recent events, Friedrich just as quickly asked himself, ”I wonder if the Slytherins talked her into this. To set me up?” It was possible. Friedrich expected that she knew Sam quite well probably and would have certainly heard what had happened. She’d certainly be loyal to her house. Still…?

Finally, he turned his head slightly towards her and said in just above a whisper, “You’re right.” he responded. And then, after a pause Friedrich admitted for the first time to anyone, “What you did really hurt. And I still don’t really understand why.” Friedrich almost asked why she was talking to him now and not before class or something. But he held his tongue as he suspected his neighboring Ravenclaws were trying to listen in and he had enough issues in his house as it were without them ridiculing him.

Elizabeth Gardner-Golden

When Friedrich mentioned that it was good that her mom had finally agreed, Elizabeth had to grin, even if there was a touch of worry in it. “Yup,” Elizabeth said giving a small smile. “I was so happy.” But the small talk was over as quickly as it had begun. The serious conversation commenced.

Elizabeth was not going to cry this time. She had vowed not to. Whatever Friedrich said or did, she was not going to cry. She was going to be stronger then that. She had to be. She didn’t feel very strong at the moment, sitting at the Ravenclaw table against a flock of others, but she knew she had to be.

At least she had been brave for coming over here in the first place. Not many people would do that. In fact it was virtually unheard of, even in the darkest of times when Hogwarts was supposed to try for inter-house unity according to legend. The same sorting hat was still at Hogwarts. Elizabeth remembered trying it on.

She remembered that she hadn’t been afraid like other people had been in the crowd. She remembered that she had tried on the hat and almost immediately it had put her in Slytherin. And what a good feeling it had been. But the good feeling was gone at the moment.

Instead she felt a pit of dread in her stomach as Friedrich spoke. And the words immediately crippled her. She nearly broke her promise and started crying. But she held the tears in. She knew she had hurt him. She knew she had hurt him badly, but just how bad she hadn’t known until now. Just what would he think if he knew Owen kissed me? She wondered. Probably never speak to me again.

She bit her lip. Was she really going to admit here, in front of all these people that she liked him? Was she really going to put herself out on the line like that again? Elizabeth had to wonder. And she hadn’t talked to him in so long that she wasn’t sure that she still felt that way. But standing here now, she knew:

Elizabeth still felt the same way she had so many months ago…about a year now when this whole thing had started. Both of them were now 13, teenagers. And the teenager years, Elizabeth had been told her was the hardest. But at the moment this was pretty hard.

“I know it really hurt you,” Elizabeth started. “I just hoped after all these months you could forgive me and we could still be friends. Maybe I waited too long to talk to you again…but I…” she trailed off unable to finish. She also spoke quietly, hoping that no one was overhearing their conversation. But that was highly doubtful. As she spoke, she heard a silence in the background. And that silence was no doubt certain people trying to be the latest gossip in the school.

Sighing, Elizabeth looked up at Friedrich. “I keep apologizing, but it never works. This is the last time I’m going to apologize,” she said. She just didn’t want to be hung in this middle state of hoping. She wanted to know one way or the other whether they were still going to be friends or not.

Knowing that she still had to explain why she had done it, Elizabeth looked down at her plate. She really didn’t want to admit liking him in front of nearly the entire school. People would be talking within minutes. Besides, she just wanted to take things slow for now. That is, if Friedrich even wanted her friendship back in the first place. It had been a long time…too long. Elizabeth had to wonder something, Do we really know each other anymore?

Friedrich Ackerman

He sat there faced forwards not sure what to say or even feel. A feeling of resentment and mistrust coursed through him and he was struggling to find the answer as if it was black and white and the answer was plainly in some book upstairs in the Library that explained all this.

It was now nine months since this rubbish started and six since he last spoke to her in the Dueling Club. ”Why didn’t she just talk to me after class or something?” It just didn’t add up and he was suspicious that there was still much more to this than Elizabeth was admitting to. ”We really should go somewhere else to talk.” he told himself as he listened to Elizabeth ask to still be friends. ”Still friends? We stopped being friends in Diagon Alley! You chose to do that.” he silently replied with a bitter thought. Friedrich tensed and was ready to dig his heels in again. He wasn’t going to show weakness with his whole bloody house watching. Hell no!

With great effort, Friedrich summoned great effort to try and maintain a lack of emotion other than perhaps the tension in trying to keep his face from betraying his true feelings. Inside, however, Friedrich was close to trembling and, as he picked up his goblet of juice, it took everything he had to not shake and spill the contents. He wanted to believe her. He wanted someone he could talk to. ”Maybe just talking wouldn’t hurt.” he considered as he picked up another cracker to bite a corner of. But then she had to go and say it. ”What was that supposed to mean? What in bloody … were you expecting?” he asked silently.

Friedrich went to answer and couldn’t. His end of the table was silent and watching. Judging him whether he’d give in or stand his ground. THIS was the Ravenclaw table after all. ”Why did she pick now?” They had to have put her up to this.” he asked himself again. It wouldn’t even surprise him if someone in his own house was in on it. It was the only thing that made sense!

He wasn’t going to give in. He’d stuck it out this long. She wanted his trust back? ”If she did it once to you, she’ll do it again. She’s a Slytherin.” a small voice in his mind reminded him. Friedrich dropped the cracker onto his plate. Only turning slightly but not to look at her, because he didn’t want to show weakness, he opened his mouth slightly and in a somewhat bitter, monotone voice he said, “Fine.”

Elizabeth Gardner-Golden

“Fine,” Friedrich said.

That one word hit Elizabeth like a knife in the chest. What the heck was fine supposed to mean? Had she been too harsh when she had said this was the last time she was going to apologize? But god, how much more could she take? Not much. This had gone on long enough and Elizabeth was drawing the line.

But somehow Friedrich’s words hit her harder then she had expected. After all these months she had expected to feel…well she didn’t really know how she expected to feel. Not like this though. For one thing she felt vulnerable. She was doing this in front of nearly the entire school. And it was nerve-wracking.

For another thing, Elizabeth didn’t expect it to hurt this much. What was the old saying? Time heals all wounds or something like that. Wasn’t that it? Honestly Elizabeth didn’t really know. And it had been months. Still, Friedrich’s single cold word hit her hardest.

Don’t cry, she thought to herself. Don’t. She took a deep breath. Was he just going to walk away again like he had done so many months ago on the sidelines of the dueling chamber when she had gotten in trouble for the very first time? Maybe he was. Elizabeth could feel what little hope she had ebbing away from her. She tried to grasp onto it, but it just slipped through her fingers like water.

Elizabeth then took a deep breath and spoke. “Fine?” she questioned. “Is that all you’re going to say after all of this? Are we just going to throw our friendship away on one word?” Elizabeth asked. And then she realized...We don’t have a friendship anymore, do we? That was gone a long time ago. Too long.

Now she really wanted to cry. A soft, single tear rolled down her cheek. Elizabeth quickly swiped it away before anyone could see. Her eyes were downcast, and she stared at the floor, half bitter, half of herself lost of hope. She folded her arms across her chest after pushing away the food that was in front of her, not at all hungry anymore in the slightest.

So this was all how it was going to end. Even after the other times Elizabeth had some hope that it was going to mend. But that hope was finally shattered. The glass ball of friendship had finally hit the ground and broken into a million of tiny pieces.

Friedrich Ackerman

If this were somewhere else, he might have felt a little differently. But here, in full view for his own house and everyone to watch, he felt trapped. He might have even welcomed someone to talk to again. Someone he could trust as a friend who shared similar interests. Someone who didn’t talk about him with whispered ill intentions. But not here. ”She could have talked to you at anytime. This is just for attention or something.” he reminded himself and felt his composure failing.

“What friendship?” he asked defensively turning towards her. “Ok, you apologized. Fine. But a real friend wouldn’t have treated me that way.” he retorted, rounding on her. This wasn’t exactly true however, and he knew that. Trying to keep his grip, Friedrich paused. His lack of patience over this was getting the better of him. With great effort, he forced himself to relax and sighed. Then, in barely more that a whisper, he asked in an accusing manor, “They put you up to this. Didn’t they?” and nodded backwards slightly towards the Slytherin table.

Elizabeth Gardner-Golden

Elizabeth could not believe what she was hearing. She stared at Friedrich incredulously. He could not be serious. She looked at him like she had been slapped in the face.

“They?” she demanded. “They put me up to this?” she stopped and gave an accusatory glance at him. “What makes you think that?” She couldn’t fathom how Friedrich had jumped to that conclusion. It was unthinkable in Elizabeth’s opinion and she just could not believe it.

Her anger was growing, Elizabeth could feel it swelling up inside of her and she tried to hold it in, but was failing. “How could you think that?” she said, her voice raising one octave higher. “I would never do that to you,” she said her tone of voice very harsh and cold. She stood up. She couldn’t take this anymore.

This time Elizabeth would be the one doing the leaving. She had come over to apologize and she received this crap in return. “Believe what you want,” she said coldly, “But I did come over to apologize.” Elizabeth paused for a moment before speaking again. “And I’m tired of this. This is getting nowhere.” As far as she was concerned the friendship was over. Friedrich had proved that.

Elizabeth promptly walked back to the Slytherin table where she sat down next to her roomies once again and didn’t look back. She was also aware of people starting to mutter again. Elizabeth knew she had caused quite the scene. But honestly, she didn’t care.

Friedrich Ackerman

With Elizabeth’s outburst, he cringed wishing he could put some distance between himself and her. A lot of distance. ”Quatsch.” he mumbled to himself as he watched her push away from the table. ” How can I think that? How about that little forged note you sent me? That was ok to do.” he stubbornly thought trying to justify his opinion to himself. Not to mention that Sam wanted to hex him for what he did to him in the tournament. Friedrich was sure that the Slytherins weren’t too pleased about that.

He didn’t quite look up to meet Elizabeth’s stare, not sure what to believe at this point and was feeling very defensive sitting there at HIS table. But he was feeling that his whole lunch was ruined. And it had started ok too with him just wanting some peace and quiet. But the other table MUST have put her up to it. Or she was proving herself to them or something. Yup, that was it. It had to be. She could have easily talked to him elsewhere like in the corridor or something. But no. She had to do it here.

He did, however, have to concede on one point though. He too was tired of ‘this’. And now lunch wasn’t agreeing with him so much. Well, either that or with his feeling the looks from people around him, Friedrich had no interest in remaining. Shoving his plate further forward in front of him in annoyance, he got up displaying a sour look as he grabbed his shoulder bag from under the Ravenclaw table. He’d go to the Library where he knew he could find some real peace and quiet as well as put three floors between him and the Great Hall.

He ignored the s###### that came from the first couple of Ravenclaw students he past as he walked quickly past him as he headed for the open doors leading to the main staircase. ”Need bloody divination to guess what they’ll do next.” he sighed defeated. He’d never understand girls. Never…

Alicia Kensington

”YEEEES, QUIDDITCH!”

Alicia wasn’t the only one who leapt out of her seat when the headmaster announced the return of the beloved wizarding sport. All around the Great Hall, Quidditch enthusiasts of all ages and all houses were celebrating.

The meeting held between the Hogwarts teams at the beginning of the previous year had fizzled out without any ideas on how to raise money for the rebuilding of the pitch. Fortunately, those brilliant people from the Quidditch Cup had stepped up with a brilliant solution to the students’ Quidditch woes.

The fourth year had spent the summer praying for no other thing, especially after going to the final match of the World Cup and watching the Ukraine trounce those lame Bulgarians. Her father had complained of Alicia being insufferable when she returned from the game, and anyone who’d had to live in the same house as Quidditch-mad Alicia would have to agree. With the galleons her mother had sent over for new schoolbooks, she had procured half a dozen posters of Ukranian and Bulgarian players, not to mention an omnicular, enough rosettes to cover her entire body, and food for hundreds. All except the latter were stuffed into Alicia’s trunk, soon to be released onto the unsuspecting walls of Ravenclaw Tower.

The fourth year had to be tugged sharply back into her seat as an old man who proved himself to be either incredibly barmy or incredibly perceptive took the stand. As he went on to reveal lots of interesting little tidbits about the Hogwarts staff, Alicia settled comfortably into her seat and grabbed herself a nice biscuit to hide behind while she s######ed at the professors’ discomfort without running the risk of having five million points docked from her house.

“I always knew there was something shifty about that Longbottom,” she commented to the table in general.

Brynne van Varick

Brynne took a seat in the Ravenclaw table, still having not recovered from the shock. The opening remarks of the professors were amiss to her as she tried to take everything in. Sitting beside strangers and seeing her friends getting sorted into Houses different from hers made her feel, well, alone. She was in Ravenclaw, known to be the house of smart wizards and witches. Smart, she chided herself, I'm so not.

She looked around once more, glad to see a familiar face or two also in Ravenclaw. She ate her dinner peacefully and quietly, unlike her usual self. What if I dont make any friends, she thought and then shuddered. It would really be hard if she didnt have any.

The older students were noisy as they talked and got reacquainted with one another. She felt really out of place and wished she had someone to talk to.

BooBo Newt

BooBo was quite excited as she got down off the stool and went to sit at the Ravenclaw table. She didn't know anybody yet but couldn't wait for classes to start.

Listening to the opening speeches, she saw that some of the others were just as excited as she was. Suddenly, the speeches were over and the table filled with food. She started helping herself to her favorites and listened to all the excited voices around her. Her dad was right, she was really going to like it here.

Audrey Teller

Aha! I do love a good challenge. Let's see... Looks like you've got a strong rebellious streak. Confrontational. Adventurous. But you're a clever girl too, with abundant curiousity. You weigh your options before jumping into anything. Yes, I do believe Rowena's house will be the best place for you to sharpen your debate skills. RAVENCLAW!

Audrey felt suddenly dizzy. It wasn't that she was terribly dissapointed with being selected for Ravenclaw - quite the opposite. Ravenclaw was actually her second choice, Gryffindor being the first. It was just that the Sorting Hat had gotten her exactly right. Like it had opened her head up and peeked inside her brain. She felt a sharp nudge on her shoulder blade. "Your turn is over, Audrey," said the same stern professor who had called her forward seconds ago. "You've been sorted into Ravenclaw."

With a nod, Audrey stood and began her walk toward the table. She recalled words her Grandma Bunchy told her - how meaningful the first walk toward your house table was. And wouldn't you know it, Audrey stumbled over her too-long robes and fell flat on her face. She heard snickers and catcalls from the Slytherin table.

Harumph. Audrey jumped back up and brushed her robes off. "Shut up!" She shot back. Then she imediately reddened. Nice comeback, Teller. Where's that confrontation the Hat was talking about? She grabbed a handful of her robes and picked them up off the floor, making very sure she wouldn't fall again.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, Audrey had taken a seat at Ravenclaw. She glanced around quickly, but didn't make eye contact with anyone. The hunger started kicking back in and she eagerly grabbed for a chicken leg. "I heard the house elves were talented, but wow."Audrey murmured, looking at the numerous bowls and plates on the table in reverance.

Edited by Audrey Teller

Jazmine Connery

Jazmine Connery sat at the Ravenclaw table and just sat. It was finally over. It was done. She didn't have to anticipate anything anymore besides the new school year. This she was ready to do. She looked to her left and saw a girl with dark auborn hair and what she thought to be blue eyes.

"Hey, my name's Jazmine Connery but you can just call me Jaz or whatever. I think when the sorting hat called your name I heard the name..um...Brynne. Is that right?"

Ruby Jewel

Ruby was in shock as she walked over to the Ravenclaw table. What would her father say? She wasn't in Gryffindor. She glanced up the table and noticed a girl who she sat with on the train, Brynne. She went and sat next to her in hopes of a conversation.

Brynne van Varick

Jazmine Connery sat at the Ravenclaw table and just sat. It was finally over. It was done. She didn't have to anticipate anything anymore besides the new school year. This she was ready to do. She looked to her left and saw a girl with dark auborn hair and what she thought to be blue eyes.

"Hey, my name's Jazmine Connery but you can just call me Jaz or whatever. I think when the sorting hat called your name I heard the name..um...Brynne. Is that right?"

Brynne looked over to her right as she heard someone talk to her. She seems nice, Brynne thought. "Yeah, my name's Brynne," she smiled and hoped they could be friends. "Nice to meet you, Jaz. So... how do you find Ravenclaw?" she said, in an attempt to start a conversation. Earlier, she had been really scared at the thought of her not having friends here, but she found the thought slowly diminishing as time progressed.

Before Jaz could reply, another girl had been sorted into Ravenclaw, so Brynne joined in the applause. The girl sat next to her, and she was surprised to find that it was Ruby, a girl she had met during the ride to Hogwarts.

"Ruby?" she asked the girl, thankful that one of the girls she met in the Hogwarts Express had been sorted into the same house as she. "It's so cool that we're in the same house! I mean, you are glad that you're in Ravenclaw, right?"

Jazmine Connery

Brynne looked over to her right as she heard someone talk to her. She seems nice, Brynne thought. "Yeah, my name's Brynne," she smiled and hoped they could be friends. "Nice to meet you, Jaz. So... how do you find Ravenclaw?" she said, in an attempt to start a conversation.

Before Jazmine could reply, another person was sorted into Ravenclaw. so she took a minute to applaud with the rest of the table. The girl who was just sorted sat next to Brynne and Brynne realized that she knew her.

"Ruby?" she asked the girl, thankful that one of the girls she met in the Hogwarts Express had been sorted into the same house as she. "It's so cool that we're in the same house! I mean, you are glad that you're in Ravenclaw, right?"

"I like the fact that I'm in Ravenclaw. I really like this house," replied Jazmine.

Cassidy Mistood

Cassidy was ecstatic. her ears were ringing wildly with what the sorting hat had just told her.

'ravenclaw' she thought to herself and smiled. 'my mother and father will be so proud of me for once in their lives.'

she was walking down towards the ravenclaw table. it was only a few steps away from where she had been but it seemed to take forever. the steps she was taking didnt seemed be getting her anyway. when she finally got to the table after what seemed an eternity she began to sat down. somehow, her foot lost the grip on the floor. one foot going right, the other going left with a her face flat against some girls back. she blushed and attempted once again to sit down, this time successfully and buried her face in her hands.

'well. i certainly made an enterance' she thought.

Emerald Knight

Cassidy was ecstatic. her ears were ringing wildly with what the sorting hat had just told her.

'ravenclaw' she thought to herself and smiled. 'my mother and father will be so proud of me for once in their lives.'

she was walking down towards the ravenclaw table. it was only a few steps away from where she had been but it seemed to take forever. the steps she was taking didnt seemed be getting her anyway. when she finally got to the table after what seemed an eternity she began to sat down. somehow, her foot lost the grip on the floor. one foot going right, the other going left with a her face flat against some girls back. she blushed and attempted once again to sit down, this time successfully and buried her face in her hands.

'well. i certainly made an enterance' she thought.

"Oh Cassidy I'm sorry we didn't get into the same house but I promise we'll be friends forever if u agree" It was Emerald

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.