Sign in to follow this  
Weasley

The Hufflepuff Table

Sebastian Higgs

It seemed as though the Sorting Ceremony had only occurred mere moments ago, but young Sebastian Higgs was starting to adjust to the fact that he was now becoming more familiar with the grand castle and its customs. That evening, he had been able to make his way up to the Great Hall from the dungeons without having to request assistance – a remarkable improvement considering he had somehow managed to circle round the Astronomy Tower four times a night ago. Blinking eagerly, young Sebastian watched as the plate before him arranged itself properly; a full course meal materializing from thin air. Despite the numerous unsupervised visits the young wizard had taken to his father’s private library, he had never come across any such area of magic powerful enough to conjure an outcome as magnificent as this, but someday he would learn just how it all worked.

Now grinning from ear to ear, the eager child immediately leaned forward and seized the first piece of chicken his little hands could find, using his two buck teeth to tear it into more suitable pieces. Sebastian soon overheard a nearby group of students conversing about the Potions professor, who had started the primary lesson of the term with a far more challenging state of mind that the wizard had anticipated. Swallowing the scattered pieces of chicken in his mouth, he chuckled lightly at his housemate’s amusing remark when she had become aware of the challenging Potions assignment assigned.

“…D’you lot reckon the assignments will be harder next time? This is the first day, after all…”

Kay Hart

“…D’you lot reckon the assignments will be harder next time? This is the first day, after all…”

"Oh, don't say that!" Kay groaned as a boy she had never seen before joined the conversation. She leaned back and took a sip of pumkin juice. "I'm only 2 foot through it and have run out of ideas! You're right Annabelle, it's taller than me as well! So," Kay said, turning to the boy. "What's your name?"

Cira Silver

Harder assignments? Gosh, the first ones were horribly hard. Speaking up Cira joined the conversation “They were hard enough, I wasn’t able to get the spell in Astronomy class” She concluded by taking a seat across from Kay Hart. “I bet they’ll get harder. I’m not sure I can keep up. I’m so new to this whole wizardry and witchcraft thing” She admitted before reaching for a glass of pumpkin juice. If there was one thing Cira could get used to it was the food.

“I’m Cira Green, by the way” She added on while pouring some juice into her cup. Once she was done she smiled at Kay and asked. “How do you like dueling so far?” Cira enjoyed it. It was probably more fun than dance class. Looking down at her plate, it was suddenly full with potatoes, turkey, and yams. Yucky, yams. Cira hated yams, but ate them any ways, she was always told they were good for her. So, she played around with her yams by poking them.

Kay Hart

Harder assignments? Gosh, the first ones were horribly hard. Speaking up Cira joined the conversation “They were hard enough, I wasn’t able to get the spell in Astronomy class” She concluded by taking a seat across from Kay Hart. “I bet they’ll get harder. I’m not sure I can keep up. I’m so new to this whole wizardry and witchcraft thing” She admitted before reaching for a glass of pumpkin juice. If there was one thing Cira could get used to it was the food.

“I’m Cira Green, by the way” She added on while pouring some juice into her cup. Once she was done she smiled at Kay and asked. “How do you like dueling so far?” Cira enjoyed it. It was probably more fun than dance class. Looking down at her plate, it was suddenly full with potatoes, turkey, and yams. Yucky, yams. Cira hated yams, but ate them any ways, she was always told they were good for her. So, she played around with her yams by poking them.

"I'm not sure yet. I think I'll enjoy it but it seems a bit confusing at the moment. Our mentor though - he is going to be sooo easy to wind up, which is a speciality of mine! I think I'm going to have some fun there!" Kay laughed. "So, Cira, are you a Muggle-Born too?"

Sebastian Higgs

“I’m Sebastian Higgs,” spoke the boy with an excited grin upon his face, mindful to swallow the last piece of chicken still in his mouth before speaking, “Bloody hell, there should be a law against distributing assignments to students that are taller than they are…I’m frightened to even imagine what sort of work the older students receive here.”

For as long as he could, Sebastian had promised himself that he would never tip his parents off about just how intimidated he was to begin a new life at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, however it seemed as though keeping the vow would be a more difficult feat than he had imagined. He had failed to realize that he was no longer being schooled in a wizarding elementary school – this was a competitive private school, where only the most capable of them all would graduate with a high status: Sebastian was more than determined to be one of them.

“I’ve heard Dueling is fascinating – perhaps it’ll be one of the few activities I’ll actually enjoy, really. My father had to stop me from destroying half of Diagon Alley literally three minutes after I received my first wand at Ollivander’s, so naturally I've grown quite attached to it.”

Edited by Sebastian Higgs

Kay Hart

“I’m Sebastian Higgs,” spoke the boy with an excited grin upon his face, mindful to swallow the last piece of chicken still in his mouth before speaking, “Bloody hell, there should be a law against distributing assignments to students that are taller than they are…I’m frightened to even imagine what sort of work the older students receive here.”

For as long as he could, Sebastian had promised himself that he would never tip his parents off about just how intimidated he was to begin a new life at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, however it seemed as though keeping the vow would be a more difficult feat than he had imagined. He had failed to realize that he was no longer being schooled in a wizarding elementary school – this was a competitive private school, where only the most capable of them all would graduate with a high status: Sebastian was more than determined to be one of them.

“I’ve heard Dueling is fascinating – perhaps it’ll be one of the few activities I’ll actually enjoy, really. My father had to stop me from destroying half of Diagon Alley literally three minutes after I received my first wand at Ollivander’s, so naturally I've grown quite attached to it.”

Kay laughed at Sebastian's comment. "I thought Duelling would be fun too, but seeing as I know absolutley nothing about it I signed up for a mentor. It's quite helpful actually." She paused for minute, but then remembered something. "Are any of you going to the First Year Dance?"

Zack Ariat

Zack sat down at the Hufflepuff table. Being a first year, he had no idea what to expect from this place. It was all so new, and oddly exciting. He looked around at all the other students, most seemed comfortable, others, probably first years like himself, looked excited and nervous. Zack helps himself to some food, and sits quietly watching whats going on around him.

Melinda Parne

The meal in the hall was delicious, as always. Melinda pocketed a few spare rolls for later when she was bound to be hungry and stuffed up in the Hufflepuff dorm. On the few nights she hadn't exhausted herself outright during the day, the exciting buzz she accredited to the magic in the air kept her mind up and wandering. There were little surprises around every corner here at Hogwarts.

Packed and ready to roll, Melinda slid out of her seat only to drop back down into it again. She had looked up, straight up, toward the ceiling but into the sky. It was too warm inside for there to not be a roof, she knew that much. “How do they do that?” she asked, nudging the nearest person at the Hufflepuff table with her.

Kay Hart

The meal in the hall was delicious, as always. Melinda pocketed a few spare rolls for later when she was bound to be hungry and stuffed up in the Hufflepuff dorm. On the few nights she hadn't exhausted herself outright during the day, the exciting buzz she accredited to the magic in the air kept her mind up and wandering. There were little surprises around every corner here at Hogwarts.

Packed and ready to roll, Melinda slid out of her seat only to drop back down into it again. She had looked up, straight up, toward the ceiling but into the sky. It was too warm inside for there to not be a roof, she knew that much. “How do they do that?” she asked, nudging the nearest person at the Hufflepuff table with her.

Kay looked round as she felt someone nudge her.

"Sorry, what was that?" She asked the girl next to her. She knew it was something about the ceiling but wasn't sure what her fellow ickle had said.

Miranda Hyde

Well.

Besides the fact that a certain fourth year Hufflepuff girl loved those first year students of Hogwarts oh so much, Miss Miranda Hyde was one to be seen striking up a nifty and boring conversation (with no particular meaning what so ever) with these new arrivals to the castle...or anyone in general, honestly.

It was morning, and the horrible chiming of a hazed night and sleepless tossing and turning did nothing for the appearence of a fourteen year old girl; especially one that was so obsessive over her looks. Most definately. Straggling in late for a morning snack, muffins, most likely. First year seemed to be SO eager to get to class. Miranda found it quite disturbing. After four years in a school with the same people and same things...well, it tended to get bored.

But DE Attacks, The Triwizard and Tournament were nice little "day-brighteners" for the Hufflepuff.

"Oh great." Miranda snorted, noticing the tons (it seemed) students at the Hufflepuff table. "How am I supposed to study now." Grumbled the girl. She badgered her way through the crowd and found a not-so-very-comfortable seat with a very large notch in the wood under her. Putting on that normal, "I'm-very-happy-not." Smile, she beamed to the other students and brushed a strand of blond hair from her face.

"Morning to you all."

Jasmine Lau

"Morning," nodded Jazz. She bit into a yummy-looking blueberry muffin, smiling blissfully.

Annabelle Haven

Annabelle saw Jazz sitting down and sat next to her. She noticed the blueberry muffin in her hand

"Blueberry Muffin...yumm"

Annabelle grabbed 2 muffins

"Hello people....hello muffins"

She started to eat one

Jasmine Lau

Jazz cocked an eyebrow at Annebelle. "You realize that you're talking to your food, right? Or are you still asleep... and yet, you're strangely perky for the morning..."

Annabelle Haven

"I know...but its always good to greet your food...."

Annabelle giggled.

Jasmine Lau

Jazz shook her head and laughed at Annabelle's comments. "Okay, I'm just going to keep eat my delicious muffin..."

Annabelle Haven

"I'm not crazy...i swear...."

Annabelle finished her first muffin and was on to her second..

"yummy yummy muffins in my tummy tummy" Annabelle sung this to herself more or less

Jasmine Lau

Jazz's purple eyes widened and she raised her eyebrows at Annabelle's singing. She patted her on the back, "Don't quit your day job, just yet..."

Annabelle Haven
Annabelle pretended to cry, but grinned and took a bite of her muffin.

Jasmine Lau

"I want another muffin," laughed Jazz, taking an apple cinnamon one.

Jasmine Lau

"I want another muffin," laughed Jazz, taking an apple cinnamon one.

Annabelle Haven

Annabelle looked over at the different types of muffin's

"Merlin's boxers with hearts...theres so many...."

Jasmine Lau

"Yeah," said Jazz slowly. "And the variety's not limited to the muffins, either! I mean... there's practically a million and one types of food out here! Whoa..."

Annabelle Haven

Annabelle grabbed another muffin, this time a banana one.

She noticed Jazz's expression changed, she heard her say 'whoa'. Annabelle looked over

"ooo...what?" Annabelle asked all excitedly, sounding like a 5 year old

Jasmine Lau

"Look... there's like, a million different types of food!"

"How long do you think it took the house elves to make all of this?" she asked.

Annabelle Haven
"hmm...probably awhile, since theirs 4 tables...wow ...that'd take awhile.."

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.