Sign in to follow this  
Weasley

The Hufflepuff Table

Hannah Sea

Hannah walked slowly into the Great Hall and made her way for the Hufflepuff Table. Once there she slid into a seat and waited patiently for the food to appear. Rubbing her hands through her hair, she listened patiently as the Headmaster spoke. She yawned. She was starving.

Finally, the food appeared on the table and Hannah eagerly helped her self to some of it. Munching on it she glanced around at people around her. She knew most of them, but a few of them were new and she didn't know their names yet. She made a mental note to learn their names.

She rubbed her eyes and wished something exciting would happen.

Jessie Dark

Jessie was tired from the train ride but oh so happy to be back home - Oh yes Hogwarts had become home for her where all her friends were and where she could enjoy or time without worries about anything else like money or job. This was the life!

Walking to the Hufflepuff Table she saw a girl she remembered extremly well. Waving slightly to Hannah, Jessie came and sat in front of her. " Hello Hannah how are you? You look tired!" Jessie was a ball of energy and couldn't wait to be back in her dorm room to see if all the girls where still around.

Listening to the headmaster talk in front of them smiled and remembered how dangerous it had been before and vowed to stay vigilante. Looking around at the table she was SO happy to be back after all this was where she belong right?

When the food appeared in front of them, she took a plate full of food and started to eat. Looking up that Hannah she smiled " So how was your Christmas Vacation?" Jessie asked softly but still very hyper.

Hannah Sea

Hannah was pleased to see her friend Jessie talking to her. "Hey Jessie! I'm glad to see you!" Hannah beamed at the girl and gave her a thumbs up. Not many people were Hufflepuff Fourth Years, but the ones that were were really nice. That was... she coughed. Most of them were nice. All except for Guin. But Guin was different from all and super mean, so she didn't count.

She nodded to Jessie. "I am tired. Really tired!" But that was a lie. Even though she was yawning she didn't feel tired. She just felt... funny. "My vacation was great." Wow. She had totally forgotton that she had been on vacation. Probably the excitement at seeing everyone again had interefered with her past. And wait. Had she said her vacation was great? Right. Like totally not. She coughed. She didn't really feel like talking about her vacation to Jessie, as nice as the girl was.

"How was your vacation?"

Jessie Dark

Jessie nodded when hannah said that she was tired and agian when she said that she had a great vacation.

When she asked Jessie if she had a good vacation, the fourth year girl smiled. " I have a great vacation, went to L.A. for a week, spend some time with my firends over there. then I came back here and I met up with my ex Chris Irvine, made new friends, traveled up north London. I couldn't have asked for a better Vacation. I hope yours was as great as mine really." Jessie said feeling recharge and full of life.

Taking a few bite out of her plate she looked around the Great Hall and smiled at a few people that she knew. "Home sweet home!!" Jessie said with a happy sigh.

Hannah Sea

Hannah bit her lip when Jessie said how fun her vacation had been. She felt a little jealous but she knew better then to show it. She wanted to make lots of friends, and friends didn't like jealousy. "I'm so glad!" She said in response to Jessies' vacation. Chris.. she knew who he was but had never actually talked to him. Either way, she considered it too young to already have a boyfriend. Oddly, most people had one. It was odd how life worked.

She bit into some food and giggled at Jessies' 'home sweet home.' She had nothing to talk about, oddly. She ought to think about going to bed. She shrugged and grabbed some more food.

Andara Sorderstorm

Andara was never the type of person to go and have a meal in the Great Hall, but some how after the winter holiday, she felt the need to. She was lucky that there weren't that many people in the hall. She noticed a couple Huffies sitting at the table, so Dara walked over and joined them.

"Hey Hannah," she said to the girl that she was most familiar. She turned to the other girl. "You're Jessie, right? I've seen you around the common room."

"So did you two have a good holiday?" Dara began to flash back to her holiday with Iker. They had some good times together. Dara grabbed some food from the table and put it on her plate, then began eating it.

Jessie Dark

Jessie Sat there in silence and blinked a couple of times to clear her eyes of their weight - it would seem as if her energy was slowly dying and that it wouldn't be long before she felt the need to go to bed, but right now, food was more important.

Giggling soflty Jessie looked at Hannah "You know it's good to finally be back and seeing all my friends back. Even though I had lots of fun, I was missing those that I couldn't get in touch with - Like you." Jessie said smiling. Ok so she didn't know the other girl that much but Hufflepuff sticked together right?

Finishing her plate Jessie looked at the desert and was wondering if she should or not - meh why not, it's not every day that you get a feste right? Ok so tomorrow she owuld have to get up pretty earlier to go for her usual run, and she would have to work out the fat but meh who cared right now!?

"Hey I was wondering, do you anyone from any house that runs in the morning? I don't like running alone!" Jessie said looking hopefully at Hananh

Looking at the new comer Jessie smiled. "Yup I'm Jessie, and sorry you would be... My memory seems to be missing tonight!" she said blushing a little.

Edited by Jessie Dark

Andara Sorderstorm

"I'm Dara," she said to the girl. She knew how it was to forget someone's name. She's done it for years.

"Has anyone taken a look at the Quidditch Pitch...or rather, what's left of it?" She asked the girls. "I hadn't heard about the incident until I got down to the pitch. Guess that's what happens when you don't read papers while you're on holiday." She tried to joke about the subject, but she really wasn't sure what to do without Quidditch. A whole semester without flying. No wind in her hair, no yelling at the other team to get away from HER goal.

Jane Craven

“Anyone taken a look at the Quidditch Pitch...or rather, what's left of it?" Jane heard a familiarish voice say, as she approached the Hufflepuff table, still slightly shocked over the state the school was in. It was as if she had completely been cut off form the wizarding world for the last few weeks of holiday, and now it all seemed to make sense.

“Please, I’ve only just gotten over crying.” Jane said, honestly moved to tears at the sight of one of the best spots in the school in utter devastation. She nodded to the girls, “Dara, Hannah, Jessie.”

Thankfully, for the most part the school was put back together, and things appeared to be in much better shape then they had when the Death Eaters had attacked the Castle in her second year. Only a few parts of the actual castle had been blocked off this time. Jane tried to shake it all from her mind, as she settled in and dished a plate for herself, but it still lingered a bit.

“I can hardly believe all of this happened. I had been staying at the school for the first part of holiday, until they sent us all home for some unknown reason. And then the last thing I heard form the wizarding world really was in Hogsmeade, catching the train to London. No wonder. Have you seen all the professors yet... No ones... well you know?”

Jane could actually bring herself to say dead, even if she did work in the hospital wing, where she dealt with sickness and injuries all the time.

Samuel Aarid

((Crikey! It's a Hufflepuff male, these are very rare, and are reported to be only seen at night. There are only about six of 'em left. We'll let this one go to talk with all the little sheela's over there. :P))

"Hmm hmmm hmmmm!" Samuel was humming one of those oldie songs from Fall Out Boy. His father never really approoved of them, "They're too loud, and say bad things," he always said. But, evidently, this always made him want to listen to it more, and once you listen to it enough when you're about eight, well, it's going to be pounded into your head. Well, there were days were it was just stuck in there, and this was one of 'em. Samuel usually woke up, and saw something that reminded him of an event of where he heard one of the songs, and then he started humming it."Hmm hmmm hmmmm!" Samuel was humming one of those oldie songs from Fall Out Boy. His father never really approoved of them, "They're too loud, and say bad things," he always said. But, evidently, this always made him want to listen to it more, and once you listen to it enough when you're about eight, well, it's going to be pounded into your head. Well, there were days were it was just stuck in there, and this was one of 'em. Samuel usually woke up, and saw something that reminded him of an event of where he heard one of the songs, and then he started humming it.

He walked toward the great hall, foot in front of the next, like how models walked. His friends back home made him do it once, and Samuel found it was a great way to walk whilst balancing on things... It also made him look like a retard... But who cared, you know? ... Well, him, but still, he liked walking like it... Even though it did make him look like he was balancing on nothing... 'Cause his arms were out like he was balancing... Samuel was just one of the wierd kids...

His stomach rumbled, and he looked down at it, and stopped walking like an idiot. He now could tell he was really hungry, and was walking fast-paced toward the Great Hall. All the portraits were spinning to him... 'Cause they could move, and he didn't stop to sort of do his polite wave like he usually did... 'Cause he did feel sorry for them, being trapped in a portrait all their life. Samuel didn't want to do that, he'd rather be cremated... Or was it a choice? Did the painters just... Paint them? That would suck. Samuel wouldn't want to be painted... It seems like a bad life to be a portrait...

He walked through the doorway to the great hall, spotted the Hufflepuff table('cause he still had to keep track of which one was which), headed over, and sat down. He was just in time to hear some girl say, “Please, I’ve only just gotten over crying.” ... Well, Samuel wanted to know what she was crying about. He was the nosy type, the type that you couldn't say, "nevermind," to... He'd poke and prod till he got it out of the person... Buuuuuuut, this was a girl, stranger, and a older person... So he didn't really do it to strangers, but he really wanted to know.

Samuel debated it in his mind while he chewed on a peice of bread, he swallowed it and made his decision, "Crying over what?" He asked, looking up. Though, he thought she'd probably ignore him or something, 'cause she already started a new conversation topic... Pssh.

((Just seeing if I could make a long post still, and I was refreshing my muse.))

Jessie Dark

Jessie looked at Dara and nodded "Nice to meet you... again" She kind of felt bad for not remembering the older girl's name, but it seemed that it would past as if nothing happen. As Dara started talking about what was left of the Quidditch pitch another girl came about. It would seem from the state of mind people was in that this incident was ... tragic.

Not that Jessie was celebrating, and yes Hogwarts was Home sweet Home for her, but the Quidditch pitch was one of her least favorite place and since none of the teachers had been ... well killed, Jessie didn't see what he fuss was about. After all this was Hogwarts where darkness lurked around without people realizing it.

Sure it made her sad that some part of the school was closed and that students around her seemed to be in really weird moods - who wouldn't be, right? After all, she wasn't the only one that basicly lived to come to Hogwarts. Looking around Jessie nodded to Jane.

"You know, if you look at it from this point of view, yeah some people got hurt pretty badly, but none of our dear teachers are dead... yet..." Jessie said the last part sobberly "And ok the Quidditch Pitch is destroyed and on it took ages to build and all, but I'm sure it will be rebuild by the time we come back next semester or maybe in a year. Sure it's not much fun that it's not there anymore, but hey at least... at least it's not a tragedy where lots of people are dead and that Hogwarts is close and all that stuff... I'm sad yes, but happy that it's not too too bad. After all it could've been worst right??" Jessie finish.

It was never meant to ba speech of any kind she was just trying to bring up the mood after all happy students may mean happy teachers - right??

When the small boy came about she recognize him from before she left... Sam if her memory was not failling her yet again. "Hey Sam, how are you?" Jessie asked finishing her dessert.

Looking around to see who else would be coming, Jessie had a smile on her lips... yup this was home!

Danny Donaldson

Usually, Danny didn’t look at the Daily Prophet to much. The only thing he really read vigorously in the best-selling paper was the Sports section. So when the usually relax…well that’s not the word…irresponsible or immature was much better,…Okay so anyway, when the usually immature boy’s eyes scanned the headlines of one morning’s paper, his eyes bugged out and the waffle halfway in his mouth that he was chewing on dropped right out onto his unused plate.

It felt like a truck just ran over him. Suddenly, the Death Eaters and the dangers of the wizarding world finally were made real. It was a bit of a wake up for the Hufflepuff, not enough to make him start being paranoid or hating the world, but it made him see some things in a slightly different manner. It was…weird. So Danny Donaldson finally started to grow up a little and it only took a battle, deaths, destruction and murders to do so. Wasn’t that promising?

The train ride was as uneventful as possible considering everything the school just went to. It was a much more subdued ride in Danny’s opinion but that could have been due to the fact that it was the first train ride in awhile that he went out of his way not to rub anybody the wrong way and the fact that he didn’t eat five tons of candy. The redhead, like many of the older students and probably the younger students, was thinking about a lot of thing in his sole compartment. Mostly his thoughts were about how the school would be different.

Sitting quietly for a change among his fellow Hufflepuffs, Danny looked at Headmaster Weasley expectantly. This was really the first time since his sorting that the redhead remembered even looking up from his plate at any sort of feast. It surprised him, as a lot of the other students to see and feel such seriousness from the usually jovial man. If that wasn’t unnerving enough, the man’s words were enough flip Danny’s life upside down. They were all understandable but they also were so…unpleasant. No clubs…no Quidditch…what was he supposed to do now? Study?

As the Headmaster finished his speech, the students began to talk as the food appeared on the table. Not feeling as hungry as he usually did with Quidditch being gone, Danny only managed two servings of food before he turned his attention to the conversations going around him. Spotting Jane talking with some other people not too far away, the boy decided to jump into the conversation. Getting up from his seat and into an empty one not too far from the girls and Sam,

“Yeah, what she said. It could have been a lot worse… I’m just really gonna miss that pitch. And now the only place I can beat you Jane is in our classes.“ The boy said the last part jokingly and lightly ruffling his teammate’s hair. And as an afterthought, he added "Oh yeah, hey everyone."

Hannah Sea

Hannah sat in a daze as people started talking, and talking. She blushed and grinned when Jessie said she was a friend, and then nodded when she asked if she knew anyone who ran in the morning. "I do!" She said. That was somewhat the truth. The real truth was that she wanted to start running and running with Jessie was probably the best way to do it.

"Hey Andara!" She said, turning to the older girl. "I had an okay summer." She said, nodding her head a little. Then Jane talked about the quiddich pitch and Hannah nodded sympathetically. "I know! It's awful!" But the truth was, Hannah was actually thrilled that she wouldn't have to get up and go watch quiddich matches. Sure, it was fun on the broomstick, but lately she was just too tired.

Other people started joining in the conversation, but Hannah had left it in her mind. She was busy twirling a piece of pasta over her nose.

Jessie Dark

Jessie Looked at the older boy and smiled. "Hey to you too!" And she turned her attention to Hannah whne she dais that she ran in the morning. "Oh goody Hannah, Maybe we could go run together each morning. What time do you usually get up?" The fourth year girl asked. During the Christmas vacation, she had started running more and more because she had more time for it, now back to school she almost hoped that she wouldn't have to cute down on it - because once she had a good run, she was ok to do the rest of the day.

"Are you a begginer in running, Hannah, or do you run like I do, for hours on end?" Jessie asked before looking around to see if she saw anyone else around. It was true during the winter vacation Jessie had started running up to two hours per morning and some times even more, depending on how she felt. If she could find someone to run with she would cut down on the time she ran to accommodate the other person - that as for sure.

Hannah Sea

Hannah beamed when she heard Jessie asking if she ran in the morning and asking what time she ran. "Oh you know..." She said shrugging. "I run whenever I want to. What time do you run? We should run togethor!" She grinned and wondered what it would be like running with another person, expecially someone who already ran a lot.

Then Jessie asked if she was a beginning runner. Hannah blushed. No way was she going to say that she was a beginner. "I've been running forever." She said nodding, hoping that Jessie wouldn't notice her lie. She didn't want Jessie to think that she was bad at running and then decide that she didn't want to run with her! "So, when do you want to start?"

Jessie Dark

Jessie listen to Hannah say that she ran whenever she felt like it. Nodding, JD said: " I usually get up early in the morning to run. I'm usually up by 5:00am and ran till 6:30am to 7:00am. Sure we should run together. If you don't mind running for that long, that is." Jessie said. Not being one to stay in bed, was went to bed around 10:30 pm, some times later, and was up by 4:30 - 5:00am. Ok sure their was some morning that she slept in, like anybody else she had her days, but most of the time she was up early; very early. It was then an idea struck her, she should post a affiche for running partners... If she had a couple of people with her to run it would be even better.

Jessie saw the blush on Hannah's cheek and could only interpret it as a shyness. "Well good then you'll be able to keep up with me!" Jessie said. Sure wasn't sure if it was a good idea but for the first morning or so she would go easy on Hannah just to make she that the other girl could really keep up with her.

"Uhm, what about we start tomorrow morning - Let say 6:00 am sharp, outside by the lakefront?! Is it ok with you?" Jess said hoping that it was not to early for the other girl. She was use to get up with out making a sound. After all it's not every body that would wake up at 4:30 to go run for two hours.

Hannah Sea

Hannah gulped. What the...? Up at 5 in the morning? Hannah was one to go to bed really late and wake up really late, provided her schedule allowed for it. Gah, why did she get herself into this? Not only would she be super tired, she would have to run super fast in order to keep up with Jessie.

This was beginning to look like a really bad idea. A really really bad idea. But their was nothing Hannah could do about it. "Okay." She said weekly. "Let's start tomorrow!" She paused. "I guess I'll meet you by the lakefront then?"

Jessie Dark

Jessie looked at Hannah and she could tell that the other girl was not really up for it, getting up that early in the morning that is. Smiling she replied "Don't worry, we'll start slow." She would at least be considerate of her fellow Hufflepuff

When Hannah said that she was ok to start tomorrow, Jessie smiled " Alright, I'll see you tomorrow morning at 6:00 am sharp on the lakefront! Talk to you tomorrow" Jessie said before getting up and leaving the table for the night.

Hannah Sea

Hannah took in a deep breath. At least they would start slow... She was beginning to feel like this was a huge mistake. A really big one. She would probably regret this forever. Frowning a little, she waved good-bye to Jessie and watched her leave the table. Then she turned to the other students in Hufflepuff and leaned in closely to see what they were talking about.

Jane Craven

Despite the serious nature of the evenings announcements, Jane couldn’t help but laugh as Danny ruffled her hair. It was a sign of a great change between the two of them. Really over the last year or so, and the holiday, the two had come along way.

“You wish Danny. Although if you do your course work half as good as you flew over the holiday, you might just pass your OWLs after all.” She winked at him, her mood lightening for a moment.

Turning to her food, Jane picked at it a bit, in silence, the reality of the night fully settling in. Not only had the quidditch pitch been ruined but the clubs too. A heavy realisation settled down on Jane, and she turned quickly toward the Ravenclaw table. Where was Calvin. Surely he’d be upset by the news of the Art clubs untimely end. Through all the Slytherin and Gryffindor heads, she wasn’t able to find him. She’d would have to do that before going to Hufflepuff House tonight.

The somber mood of it all started to get Jane down agian, and she needed to find something to busy herself with, or else she’d just stew. Besides, the ickle students around here were seeming to enjoy themselves despite the sad news, so Jane wouldn’t let her mood get them down.

“Catch you later Dara, Donaldson...” She smiled to her teammates, and then at the other girls, “Night girls, enjoy supper.”

Climbing up from the bench, Jane turned and took off walking quickly out of the Great Hall.

Iker Sorderstorm

Iker was starving, and had no food in his common room yet, mum had promised it to owl it soon, so despite his reluctance he had to ho to the great hall for food. Jane passed him, on her way out, and he just smiled at her. He was too close to turn around and leave, when he saw Dara sitting there, he hadn’t expected to see her so soon. The hole in his stomach became larger, almost sucking him into it like a dying star.

Iker rubbed his sweaty hands against his sweat pants as he smiled to his lovely and wonderful girlfriend. He walked around the table to sit next to her. He skipped the bench with a single move of his long leg, and graciously landed next to Dara.

“hello everyone” said the oldest of the hufflepuff`s males to the rest of the people he turned to Dara and placed a gentle kiss on her cheek. He served himself a sándwich and proceeded to eat it with the lowest profile possible on earth

Andara Sorderstorm

"Night," she said to Jessie and Jane (and anyone else that left that I forgot). Dara seemed to be really hungry today. She wasn't sure why. She had eaten just as she normally had during the holiday, though Iker's mum made the most wonderful meals.

Dara was about to grab another piece of dessert when Iker ploped himself next to her. She hadn't really seen him since she decided to go back to Sheffield, before coming back to Hogwarts. He greeted everyone at the table, then kissed Dara. Why didn't he greet her the way they had during the holiday? She dismissed her thought as being paranoid.

"Hi," she said to Iker in a 'can't-talk-now-gotta-eat' kind of way. She reached toward the desserts and grabbed her second one. Yum! Dara was in heaven as she began to eat her dessert. She tried her best to savor each bite, but it was just SO darn good!

'Perhaps I should have another one.' She thought as she reached in for another dessert.

Edited by Andara Sheffield

Iker Sorderstorm

Iker turned around to see Dara devour her food, not eat, but devour it! Like if she hadn’t eat in months and, lets face it Hogwarts food was not thaaaat good. He looked dis gusted at his own sandwich and put it down.

“What on earth is wrong with ya¿” he asked surprised, he and Dara had spent almost all holidays together and a almost a year before that and so far he hadn’t seen her eat like that. “The house elves will be in problems” he said crossing his arms over the table “is not RINO season!” Iker rolled his eyes up, sometimes Dara and her American ways were strange for him.

Andara Sorderstorm

"Rhino season?" She asked Iker. How could he say something like that? And to her? She just couldn't believe it! She stopped eating dessert, put down her eating utensil and gave Iker a push.

"Nothing's wrong with me, Iker. I'm just really hungry." Dara said to him as she eyed her dessert. She just glared as she picked up the utensil and continued eating.

Why was she eating so much? She hadn't done anything out of the ordinary when at Iker's house. What she stressed about something? Her tryout? The Quidditch Pitch being destroyed? Why Iker was acting weird?

Not seeing your boyfriend in a short period time isn't enough to make a girl go on an eating binge is it?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.