Sign in to follow this  
Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

If these words even reach you, I'll assume you don't care

Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

It wasn't like he could just leave her there—if it had been anyone else, he would have most likely just walked out the door, letting the girl deal with her own sickness, but this was his sister, and no matter how many horrible things she had said to him and Jaxon, the truth was that they deserved it and he still had some form of duty to her. It didn't matter that Adrina had only ever cared about him when she'd needed him—he had to try to make some amends along the way.

So, even though he had nothing else to say to her, he pulled her up with all his strength and slowly made his way to the Hospital Wing with his sister in tow. Thankfully, they weren't too far from the third floor, and they managed to get there before too long.

"She passed out," he said, stepping in and speaking in the direction of the first person he could squint at. "I think she had...too many emotions." That's exactly what he would be writing on the form, as well. His own face was bruised from Adrina´s earlier punch, his split lip bleeding minutely, but he'd already forgotten about it in favour of his sister's...apoplectic reaction.

OOC Form:

Patient Name, House & Year: Adrina Althaus-Valerio, fourth year Hufflepuff
Blood Type: Pureblood
Allergies, if any: None

What VH Year & Term/Week does this RP take place: VH40, Term 1, Week 3
Time of Day: Afternoon,
Link to Incident Thread: Unless these demons follow me home, it's easier to bury the guilt on my own

IC Form:

Reason for Visit: She fainted because of...too many emotions.

Damage Location: -

Damage Type: I used the Support Spell on her after she fainted, but I don't think it worked. ._.

Other: Uhhhhh, I'm sorry? :c

Edited by Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

Adrina Althaus-Valerio

When she'd sent Panda off with the excuse that morning to class, that she wasn't feeling well and was going to visit the wing, Adrina had never intended on actually making a visit to the hospital wing.  She had expected that she would follow the same path she'd done the day before and be back in her bed by the time the other girls had returned and no one would ask any further questions.  

She hadn't expected that somehow she'd wind up being dragged along through three levels of corridors, by her bother of all people, and deposited into the waiting area of the hospital wing.  All because her emotions had gotten the better of her.  It was probably a good thing that she was unconscious because if anyone was around she would have been mortified. 

But it wasn't the first time she'd fainted on school grounds, and if she knew herself it likely wouldn't be the last.  She probably should have been thankful that her brother had felt some kind of duty to her, but all she could do was slump over in the chair she was placed while Ryszard filled out the paperwork and she felt peaceful for the first time in over a week.      

Eleanor Malverne

The term had been slow in the Hospital Wing, all things considered. Not that Eleanor had a frame of reference with which to apply her general experience, but still. The Slytherin had found the Hospital Wing generally less...invigorating than she had assumed at the conclusion of her second year at Hogwarts. She should have reasonably set her expectations, but Ellie had never stepped foot inside the Hospital Wing until this year, as she wasn't doltish enough to get injured in the course of everyday life.

As such, the third year was quietly reading A Compendium of Common Poisons when the pair (one of them looking quite bedraggled) staggered in. Eleanor shut her book with a final mental note of the page number, and stepped from the back office. Right before stepping out, she remembered to grab one of those pesky forms indicating illness/injury/moral weakness, etcetera.

She stepped forward, robes swishing behind her, Junior Hospital Wing Assistant ribbon pinned to the front of her robes, and brandished the form under the Slytherin's nose (he was probably quicker than his companion, considering the snake). "My name's Eleanor. What brings you in today?" she asked him, receiving the satisfying answer that "she had passed out."

Great. No blood or gore.

Internally battling not to roll her eyes, Eleanor listened impatiently as the Slytherin explained further, bringing up emotions or something of that nature. She snatched the form from the boy's hands, and read over his words with furrowed brow and stiff upper lip. "You really came all the way up here for fainting...because of emotions?" she interrogated the girl, who she had only just recognized as the Hufflepuff Quidditch Captain. She paused a beat.

"Do you make it a habit to waste people's time?"

Not waiting for an answer, Ellie turned once again to the boy, having realized the discoloration on his face and red on his lip was not a fashion statement (chic) but in fact a large bruise and cut. Her tone pivoted towards something that would resemble kindness, if kindness had barbed wire wrapped around it. "You'll need to have that bruise looked at. It would probably require some Bruise Remover Paste and..." She bit her lip; she wasn't sure what to use for the cut.

"How did this happen?" She didn't want to completely waste Miss Lushia's time, if she could help it.

Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

Ryszard recognised the girl that stepped out to greet them from around the common room and the spatter of Quidditch games he’d attended. He didn’t remember her name, but was glad that the younger Slytherin was prompt in offering it herself, so he didn’t have to stand there with his mouth gaping open like a goldfish. He was usually quick to respond and simply didn’t care, but recent events had worn him down considerably.

It took a couple of minutes to recount what had happened to Adrina, but he eventually managed to put into words that his sister had been overwhelmed by...circumstances, and had passed out. She had been lucky Ryszard had been there or she would’ve surely suffered from bruises as well.

Adrina may have left both Ryszard and Jaxon sorely injured, but at least she was unscathed herself—physically, if nothing else.

He pursed his lips when Eleanor addressed his sister. If this had been a week ago, Ryszard would’ve bristled and told the third year to sod off for being mean to her. Now, however...

The guilt had slowly started disappearing when he’d seen the way his roommate’s mouth had been bleeding. Ryszard knew they both deserved it, but anything he’d been feeling regarding the situation erased itself the minute he saw the way the blond had been injured, even if it was just a tiny cut. It had made his stomach churn, and he’d had to clamp down on it to keep from throwing up at the thought of Jaxon suffering even more than he already had.

All of that had only been exacerbated by Adrina’s careless words.

Ryszard didn’t say anything until Eleanor addressed the ugly bruise on his face, merely shrugging his shoulders at the way she had been talking to his sister. “I’m sure it’ll be okay,” he replied. “It’s not like it’s permanent or anything,” he added, shooting a glare at Adrina. “I think I have some Bruise Remover Paste in my trunk,” he said quietly, once again addressing the Hospital Wing Assistant.

“We had a fight,” he began, while at the same time moving so he could lower Adrina into a nearby chair, now that he was free of the form. He stayed standing. “She punched me, some mean and terrible things were said, and she passed out when she found out I’d been keeping something from her. Something she really had no business knowing in the first place.”

Adrina Althaus-Valerio

If this girl only knew the things Adrina had done on behalf of her emotions.   

Slowly but surely finding her bearings, Addy bolted up quickly and her hands clasped the arms of the chair she was sitting in when she realized where she was and who was sitting next to her.  The voice and face staring her down accusingly in front of her wasn't a help either and all of what had transpired came rushing back.  The argument with her brother, the punch, the crushing feeling that tightened in her heart and the sadness that puddled inside and stayed.  

But just as quick as she had tensed up at the surprise of it all, she cowered back into herself when the same girl directed her questioning at her brother beside her.  Old habits died hard and as angry as she felt inside, she had used up all the fight she had in her.  She flinched and stared down at her hands, pulling them into her lap when Ryszard tossed in a dig that she recognized about Jack's lip.  She had scars too, they weren't physical but Jack had left his mark.  

"We had a fight." 

A fight didn't even begin to cover where they were at.  She might have punched him, but he had sucker-punched her first without even using his hands and she might've bothered to mention it, and argue on other points too if she thought it might have made a difference.   Instead, she shrunk even farther into herself, while the feelings of worthlessness crept in.  

"I'm fine." She finally whispered, unconvincingly.  

Eleanor Malverne

Eleanor's interest in this whole boondoggle was fading, and fast. The Slytherin was dumber than she would have expected, and the Hufflepuff was being weird, which was to be expected, but either way dealing with this was not in Eleanor's job description (it was). Breaking a cardinal rule of skin care, Eleanor touched her face and massaged her temples theatrically.

She decided to summarize the encounter thus far, for everyone's benefit. She daintily cleared her throat.

"So, to be clear, you already have Bruise Remover Paste in your trunk, which means you don't need any of our supply," she began, with all the momentum of a freight train going up a steep hill. "Additionally, you didn't even notice the cut on your lip, meaning it's probably not necessary for us to deal with-" This, of course, was not strictly true, but Eleanor dealt with this unknown the way she dealt with all unknowns: she didn't. "And you," she continued, the freight train well down the hill now and preparing for a collision, "are, to quote you, 'fine.' Is that all correct?"

She didn't wait for an answer. It was all correct. "I'm sure the other guy must be bruised bloody by the state of you two," she said. Ellie rolled her eyes one last time for emphasis and flounced off. This melodrama was well above her pay grade and clearly deserved the tender treatments of @Miss Lushia.

Edited by Eleanor Malverne

Miss Lushia

It was nice to have people to help her, Britney knew that she didn’t have to sit up front all the time and wait to see what was going to happen and who was going to be showing up today. As she was counting inventory, she heard that there was someone in there. But it seems like Eleanor took over and that made her smile. Knowing that she was one of her junior assistance. Not knowing if she was going to need Britney.

As she finished counting the bottles that were empty, she walked out to the front to see what that happening. “Miss Malverne, what is going on here. What happened?” Britney was not paying attention to what they were talking about when she was in the back.

She was sure that Miss Malverne would be able to fill her in on some of the information that was happening and then Britney would know what she would need to do. “Shall we all walk to the back and let me know everything that happened.”

Most days she was taking care of bruises and spells gone wrong in the chamber but this was something she didn’t know if she has seen before. Or just forgot that something like this has happened in the past. With taking care of students all the time Britney sometimes forgot what she was doing at times, or how many times she had handled things.

Which wasn’t a horrible thing, maybe she would start a book of everything she did and who she took care of and what it was. That might be something she started at some point, but she didn’t know.

Making sure that the two students were following her to back, she got the story and what was happening so she would be able to help them both.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.