Sign in to follow this  
Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

All you wanted was somebody to hear you out, to chase away the empty nights of fear and doubts

Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

have my 1000th post~ ilu both <3

Ryszard dragged both Jacks to the Slytherin house table when class was finally over. He couldn’t deal with the way people were constantly staring at them, and he had a feeling that his roommate was losing more than just his reputation as a good person. Being turned into a werewolf hadn’t changed that, no matter what he said, but suddenly being attached to Ryszard would certainly have people questioning him.

”I didn’t have breakfast,” he mumbled, one side of his mouth twitching with the bruise that had only just started to fade. He would’ve used it as an excuse for his terrible eating habits lately, but it likely had more to do with the fact that every time he tried to swallow something down, he had the most peculiar sensation of it rising right back up. He was constantly sick to his stomach, and it was getting old rather fast.

There were only a few weeks left until the winter holidays, and Ryszard’s life had never been a bigger mess than it currently was.

Jacqueline Frost

“Are Berttie Bott’s breakfast? If not, I’ll join the club.” 

Things weren’t the same since divination. 

She might have been the permanent third wheel but whatever had happened was between Ryszard, Jaxon and Adrina and Jack hadn’t pressed past the details Ryszard gave her. She knew people talked, she knew that it was only a matter of time before Adrina’s dramatics were public knowledge and she would also be bad guy in the equation — Hogwart’s biggest hypocrite; at least she’d wear the badge with pride. Jack knew she was bound to have a conversation with her roommate about how she was awful for keeping a secret that wasn’t hers to keep for once in her life when she was the biggest blabbermouth and gossip. Yet, the one time she needed to talk, she didn’t. 

“I liked it better when people were talking because Ryszard was a human hanging out with werewolves and not because well… you know.”  

Edited by Jacqueline Frost

Jaxon Sinclair

Jack had not lost his appetite.

This was partly because he was a growing boy, partly because he was a werewolf...but mostly because he had a love affair with food.  So while his two best friends (and whatever more Ryszard was) stared glumly at empty plates, fighting the urge to vomit because of guilt or because of bogie flavored beans, he was tucking into a rack of bacon.  

Because of course he was.

Someone had to bring comedy to this depression show.

"Because he's snogging one that used to snog his sister?" Jack offered, chewing and swallowing.  "Piss on them.  They'll forget about it in two weeks when someone else's drama is the hot button issue or when half the student population gets turned into vampires or something.  Christ, it's not like we were married."

Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

”No,” he informed Jack. “And you’re a werewolf. You need to eat more.” He could act like her mother hen if he needed to. He figured it was similar to how Jaxon forced him to eat, but without the added benefits. Ryszard wouldn’t be snogging her any time soon.

(No offense, Jack.)

He stared at her anyway. “Wait, you liked it when people were talking about me before this?” Everyone had seen his name clearly printed on the banners in the Quidditch Pitch, so it wasn’t like it was a secret, but he hadn’t been the only one implicated in that mess. For some reason, hanging out with the werewolf rejects was what would turn him into a pariah.

That, and his own behaviour. He’d change the latter but he’d never trade in the former for anything.

It was impossible not to stare at Jaxon when he was talking. “Good to know we aren’t stopping...this, then,” he said, a slight grin appearing on his face as he leaned over on the table. He still didn’t have his appetite back, but he felt better already.

Jacqueline Frost

Jack didn't feel guilty, at least not in the sense that she regretted her part in the scenario or what her actions did to @Adrina Althaus-Valerio. Under any other circumstances, if Jack (Sinclair) had cheated on Adrina with anyone else, Jack (Frost) would have shrugged, patted her roommate on the back, and mumbled an 'I told you so' while pretending she hadn't seen Sinclair having an affair a possibility from the start. After all, she opposed their relationship from the start and had it not been for lycanthropy leading to becoming friends with Jaxon, she would have proven Jaxon Sinclair was Trash™ a year before. 

So, if she felt something, it wasn't guilt for contributing to Addy's hurt feelings. Perhaps, she should have, given the fact she made Addy believe they were close friends when in reality Jack didn't feel she owed her roommate anything, but she didn't. If she felt a semblance of guilt it was for the way her actions affected Ryszard. Ryszard, who appeared worried she'd skipped one (1) meal for the first time in years and was known for self-destructive tendencies and she didn't put it past him that he'd do something stupid because he didn't feel worthy of Jack (Sinclair) or whatever excuse he could come up with to justify why he didn't deserve happiness. 

"I'll eat later okay?" Jack assured. "That's not what I meant. You know people don't like you and it was easier to hear people talk about how awful you were than it is to hear them call you a boyfriend stealer. You can't steal people. You didn't force Jaxon to snow you over the summer, he did it all on his own free-will, but I guess you're right, she turned to Jaxon and reached over to grab a piece of bacon, "In two weeks when someone else's sexuality and relationship gets outed by a professor, nobody will be talking about this. I'm pretty sure you could sue." At the mention that they weren't going to stop anything, Jack raised an eyebrow. "So if you're not stopping anything are you officially a thing more and more importantly, am I being the third wheel again?" 

Jaxon Sinclair

"She won't eat more because the raw stuff grosses her out," Jack snorted, and as if to drive home that point, he took a chunk of a steak (mostly raw) and swallowed it without issue.  It had made his stomach turn at first, too, but Jaxon Sinclair was an unstoppable eating machine at the age of fifteen and so the gross factor didn't stop the craving and the craving eventually overcame all other squicky details.  He had no qualms eating raw meat anymore.  At least it wasn't people tartar.

Blue eyes rolled behind his glasses and he fixed Jack (Frost) with a Look.  "She didn't out my sexuality.  I was never in.  She outed my..."  He hesitated.  Perhaps it was unwise to call it a relationship.  Ryszard tended to do this thing when anything in his general vicinity became slightly serious on a personal level.  

Like having a crush on his sister's boyfriend.

Or staying in Kenmore.

Or calling what that crush had turned into a relationship.

And that thing that he did was running and screaming as if someone had lit the seat of his pants on fire because Merlin forbid someone actually give a damn about him.

Jack decided he didn't care.  Ryszard could run and scream all he wanted.  He'd eventually end up right back where he started and Jack would say the words again.  "She outed my relationship," he confirmed, looking between the two of them.  "I consider us a 'thing.'  He probably doesn't because he's dense as flack when it comes to emotional attachment.  He probably still thinks I'm one step from breaking his jaw again."  He plucked up another chunk of steak, but addressed Frost specifically before he popped it into his mouth.  "And you were always the third wheel."

Ryszard Althaus-Valerio

It was entirely possible that any guilt Ryszard still retained was due to his own feelings of inadequacy. He had stopped feeling like he owed his sister anything when he’d realised that, as far as she was concerned, she had done everything right. It was actually Ryszard who had been lacking—because he’d kept things from her. It didn’t occur to her that perhaps she should’ve shown some initiative.

“People still think I’m awful,” he grumbled, leaning even further over the table. At this point, he could just sleep here. “I’d rather they not talk about it at all. It’s none of their flacking business.” Who he kissed should have been between him and Jaxon, and Jack. She would always get the gritty details.

His eyes flicked to his roommate. Ryszard still hadn’t reached for anything edible, and his stomach let out a rather unattractive growl. He grimaced and rolled his eyes. It wouldn’t do well to stay hungry, but he still found himself feeling reluctant—the slight whirling of his stomach was more likely to make him throw up, and surely that would be even worse.

Maybe Ryszard was actually coming down with something; that seemed more likely.

Jaxon’s next words, however, halted any preoccupation he had about the food. Ryszard’s mouth hung open, and he stared at the blond like he’d been stopped in traffic. There were alarm bells going off in his head, and he almost slipped off the bench, only just managing to catch himself from hitting the floor and possibly passing out from the impact (now that would be embarrassing).

Ryszard tried working his throat a few times to no avail, before he swallowed hard. “You...what did you just say?” There was an odd ringing in his ears. “When you say a ‘thing’,” he began carefully, his heart thudding painfully. “Do you mean...more than the...snogging?” He did not say snogging.

That was the impression Ryszard had been under—that there was no emotional attachment beyond friendship to be found here.

“Don’t joke about stuff like that, Jack,” he added, voice quiet, before the other Slytherin could reply. “And I wouldn’t be surprised if you do want to break my jaw again.”

Jacqueline Frost

"It doesn't gross me out," Jack scowled at Jaxon, who was determined on proving any counterarguments wrong before she had a chance to make them. She cringed at the sight of it, steak so raw it could practically be heard moo-ing, and she was tempted to throw a slice of bacon at Sinclair for being Extra™ but ultimately decided against it (it would have been a waste of good bacon). "I just currently don't want any reminders that on a full moon I could eat a whole cow."

Another reminder she didn't need was how she was the architect of this entire chaos. She was the one who put the idea of a crush on Ryszard's head and now this was the hot topic of Hogwarts because no one had died or been involved in a greater scandal. "I wish they would flack off... or go flack themselves, either works. Worse case scenario, I accidentally take my wolfsbane while eating candy" she shrugged, grinning innocently. "If you want any heads to roll." It might have been against the rules to self-sabotage that way but for Ryszard, anything.

"So it is a relationship?" Jack smirked. "About time. That was a crush that could be seen from space, the aliens send their blessing. As his best friend, I suppose this is the part where I tell you that you break his heart, I fight you on the full moon." And there went the comments she figured Ryszard would make about his thing with Jaxon. "Yes, that means you're a thing past the snogging and whatever other things you've told me about. Do you need Sinclair to spell it out for you in a neon sign? Or would you miss that too?" She couldn't help but chuckle at the confirmation that she was in fact, their third wheel. "Well, you can't get rid of me, sorry to disappoint, Sinclair," Jack addressed him, grinning. "Thanks to your boyfriend, I know more about you and your relationship than I ever wanted or needed to know so go ahead. Call me the the permanent third wheel." 

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.