Sign in to follow this  
Alexander Crow

Can We Just Talk? Talk About Where We're Going

Alexander Crow

The first Hogsmeade trip had come and gone and Alex found that it completely exceeded all expectations. For one, the village was absolutely delightful and hosted a number of quaint spots. For another, his totally just-friends, no pressure, non-date with Mae ended in an unexpected kiss that spawned several more after the outing has come to a conclusion.

It’s been a while since then and neither of them made any mention of the incident because they were too preoccupied with other things. Alex found himself spending a lot of time with Mae lately, mostly to sneak kisses in the corridors and deserted places in the castle. It was distracting him from everything else. The Ravenclaw found himself wondering when he’ll run into the Slytherin again halfway through doing homework or the most inconvenient time of all, in the middle of a duel. He has lost track of the number of times he collided with a spell due to his mind floating off elsewhere. Namely a broom closet.

Still, he wasn’t sure where things were heading and the vow of silence they seemed to have taken on wasn’t helping. It wasn’t that he didn’t enjoy being in the moment. He did, like any teenage boy would. Everything would just be better without a side of confusion and uncertainty. Plus, he is a Ravenclaw. Questions without answers sort of drive him insane. 

So one afternoon as they quietly walked side by side in a random hallway, Alex blurted it out unexpectedly, . “So… what is this?” 

He intended it with a lot more subtlety, really.

Salomé Schiferli

Salomé was a bit surprised by the outcome of her first Hogsmead weekend. She and Alexander went as friends, but it ended as more. She just couldn’t figure out what it was, other than the fact that they spent a lot of time together and she had no problem with this.

The only thing was they didn’t talk about it, and Salomé took that as he wasn’t ready for a relationship and she wasn’t going to push it. Still, they spent a lot of time snogging. Salomé  often found herself sneaking around the castle with Alexander. They always seemed to find each other, she wasn’t sure how it happened, but she’d see them, and they’d end up together in an empty classroom.

It was exciting. Salomé found it exhilarating, and distracting. She thought about it constantly, she thought about when they’d see each other next. Salomé knew she liked Alexander. It was strange, because the feelings bubbled inside of her and she felt sappy even thinking about it.

This was completely unlike her.

Still, they were just spending time together and Salomé wasn’t going to make this more than what it was. She didn’t think he was ready for anything and a part of her feared rejection, so when he asked her what this was, she stopped for a moment, licking her lips nervously.

“Um.. What do you want this to be?” Salomé asked, her icy blue eyes glancing around nervously. 

Alexander Crow

Alex really didn’t want to be that guy. The one who asked awkward questions and ruined a perfectly good system by opening his mouth. He didn’t want to be that other type either. The one who got pulled into broom closets and ignored after. Not that Mae was doing that on purpose, it was just that they used to actually hang out before this. They would talk, really talk, even volley ideas for potions and homework. While those activities didn't make his heart race at least there was nothing confusing about them.

The startled look she gave him almost made Alex want to take everything back, but Pandora’s box has been opened and there was no way he could collect his words, lock them in, and pretend they were never verbalized. “I… I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to--- it’s just that…” Had he actually taken the time to ponder on what he was going to say, this would have been a lot less messy. “... I’m not used to this.” This being leaving things undefined. It was reversed for him last time, he had a girlfriend long before the first kiss even happened. 

The evasiveness wasn’t lost on the Ravenclaw and Alex wondered if Mae even liked him. The idea that she might not stung, they were friends before all this happened so there must have been something about him she deemed pleasant, right? 

“I don’t know… I mean, I don’t know what we are…” They were obviously more than platonic friends at this point, but how much more? “I obviously like you… a lot.” Alex knew she wasn’t obligated to return the sentiment, “It’s okay if you don’t… just, at least I know how to act around you… if that makes sense.” 

It probably doesn’t.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.