Willow Borage

You're not my mum!

Willow Borage

Willow Borage age ten was out and about with her elder sister, Aeryn. This was a rare occurrence, you see she was typically shuffled back and forth between her mami and papi. Not because they were divorced, but because they did two different things. Mami was an Auror. And papi had his research. 

It was fun when she was little, but Willow was over it. 

Her venture with Aeryn was out of nowhere. Her brothers were doing these brother things, so Aeryn suggested going out just the two of them. Willow thought it would be fun.

She was dead wrong. First off, Willow hated shopping. She was more than content with wearing one of her baggy shirts and a pair of jeans or shorts. Her dark curls were always a mess, and she had freckles splashed across her nose and cheek. She And Aeryn looked nothing alike. 

See the biggest problem was @Aeryn Morgan Brown never stopped talking. She just babbled on and on about everything and anything, and Willow was tired of it. 

“I want to go home.” Willow said after the second shop. Aeryn didn't listen. That was four shops ago. By the time they exited the sixth shop, Willow was done, and Aeryn just kept babbling!

“I'm not going.” Willow said stomping her foot. Aeryn flashed her a look and tugged at her arm. Willow screamed and stomped on her sisters foot. “YOU'RE NOT MY MUM! STRANGER DANGER!” She shrieked before untangling herself from her sister and running.

(Permission to godmod Aeryn)

Phillip Aldermaston

Phillip, age seventeen, was revelling in his new-found freedom at being able to do whatever he wanted – in the Wizarding world, at least.  Today, he wanted to explore London so he’d done just that – specifically, the Wizarding part of London.

And…then….he heard something about ‘not my mum’ and so he stopped for a moment and accidentally-on-purpose dropped his pendant – after all, there could be a problem or it could just be a younger child  - no, a child – being a brat for a stepmum or something. But while they didn’t look anything alike, that didn’t make sense because the ages were wrong.

And Phillip had grabbed a golden-coloured bead of the pendant just as the kid yelled for help by screaming ‘Stranger Danger’ and then there was running.  Phillip nodded and ran to catch up with the little girl. “I can help. Come On.” And with that comment, he offered his free hand.

Willow Borage

Willow wasn’t sure why she agreed to this. She liked Aeryn, usually but at times her older sister made her do things like this. Shopping at multiple shops when she wanted to do anything but. Willow was pretty much a tomboy, though she would occasionally wear dresses, she preferred being more comfortable.

Willow was just tired, and made at her sister, so shouting and running off seemed like the better option. It got her away from her sister and she can explore a bit on her own. Win-win.

She was just so angry, and annoyed that Aeryn would be treating her like both a baby and a doll. Willow may be the youngest, but she was a lot smarter than Ash.

Willow got further away from her sister when she saw a boy. He was tall, but not as old as her Papa, but not as young as Eddie. Now she knew this was a real stranger danger situation, but this might be a bit of fun right?

“Okay.” She said taking his hand, wondering where he would take her.

Phillip Aldermaston

Um, he hadn’t made her come with her or offered her any inducements  or tricks (puppies and ice-cream) before she had made the choice to come with him.   And you know,she’d been in the process of being kidnapped so…certain rules were suspended, surely?

Granted, he was about to offer that – but the point was that that was after she had chosen freely to come with her so he steered into the nearest place that did something he thought she’d like   (ice-cream or milkshake or other things).

Though he hadn’t got a very secure grip on his pendant, so it got jostled  so that he dropped it when he bumped shoulders with someone in the crowd on the way in to the place.

Phillip wiped his hand over his face.  “Okay…so I don’t know who you should be with.  So….why don’t you tell me over a milkshake or something and we’ll contact them, yeah?”  And Phillip had accidentally slipped into the tone that he used with his little brothers – who were seven so…ooops. 

Willow Borage

Willow wasn't sure why she was trusting this stranger. Truthfully she had no idea who he was, and this was better than dealing with Aeryn. Willow found her older sister really annoying right now and wanted nothing to do with her, so yes she walked away, and yes she was getting kidnapped in the process.

Even if she didn't see this as kidnapping.

Especially when he offered her milkshakes. Willow loved milkshakes. The newly turned ten year old loved milkshakes and frankly this was the best idea. It gave her time to cool off after dealing with her sister, and she got a free milkshake in return. It was wonderful.

"Okay. You know I'm not a baby right? I'm ten. I go to Hogwarts next year you know." Willow said following him to the ice cream shop and humming. "My papi is in South America." Her mami was in Hogsmead, but he didn't need to know that.

Phillip Aldermaston

Phillip didn’t see this as kidnapping either – he saw this as rescuing from a kidnapping since he didn’t know that the person looking after this girl was her older sister – he’d just rescued a frightened little girl as far as he knew.

Phillip led her to an unoccupied table that was as far away from all the windows as he could possibly manage and a small smile that was somewhere between fraternal and avuncular played around his lips when Willow protested that she wasn’t a baby.   “Oh?  So does that make you too old for ice-cream?” Of course, with Phillip’s naturally upturned mouth, that really meant that he smiled more than usual.

And then he reached out to ruffle Willow’s hair. “So….what flavour milkshake do you want to talk over?”   Phillip couldn’t exactly drink-drink but things had happened so he was going to do something stupid nonetheless – i.e. some horribly caffeinated thing.