Sign in to follow this  
Jacqueline Frost

*insert y tho meme here*

Jacqueline Frost

Having a normal day in the Great Hall was a pipe dream at this point but Jack was going to enjoy the rare moment of peace and tranquility for a change by indulging on as much bacon as possible — because there was always bacon when a werewolf was involved. 

She was focused on her book, surprised to finally get past the first fifteen pages Hybrid Humans: Scientific Evidence of Our 800,000-Year-Old Alien Legacy when she felt someone staring. Frowning she lifted her gaze lightly from the book and reached for another slice of bacon. "Did I say something during the Minister's visit to make you think this is acceptable?" 

What did she look like? The Werewolf Rights Whisperer? 

Prince A. Charming

Atticus thought that all of the Hogwarts werewolves really needed to get together and become good friends. They needed to support each other, after all. So he sat down across from @Jacqueline Frost, @Harmony Granger-Weasley joining him. He knew that some of the other wolves would appear soon enough.

"We just want to be friends," he said, putting food on a plate. "Don't you think it's a good idea?"

Jacqueline Frost

"No." 

Jack didn't need more friends she already had two. 

Prince A. Charming

"I know you are secretly happy that you're not alone in this," he said. He then bit into the muffin he was holding and watched her.

Jaxon Sinclair

Jack did not want to make friends.

All he really wanted was to steal @Jacqueline Frost's bacon (which he did, because he was already sitting with her) and comment on her dismal reading choices.  "Evidence of human beings goes back much further than 800,000 years, Jack," he insisted, looking up and noticing @Prince A. Charming had decided to party crash.

"Maybe I want to be friends," he drawled, giving her a Look.  He didn't.  Actually, he just wanted to irritate her.  This seemed like the best way.  "Have a seat, Charming."

Harmony Granger-Weasley

Harmony joined the seat next to Atticus, piling her plate up with the meat that was offered on the table. Especially bacon, because everyone loved bacon. She could see that she definitely wasn't alone on that. Harmony reminded herself that she needed to get the house elves' secret recipe next time she was in the kitchens. 

"I could always use another friend." Harmony said between bites of bacon. "Friends are nice." 

Jaxon Sinclair

Jack bit another piece of bacon, crunching through it and grinning.

"Yeah, Jack.  Friends are nice."  This was almost as good as @Kay Wickham's dog bowls full of blue gatorade on full moon nights.

Jacqueline Frost

"ALIEN LEGACY, MOON MOON!" Jack snapped. "Obviously I know humans have existed for longer than 800,000 years. It's just been 800,000 years of alien involvement." 

And then not only did Jaxon steal the bacon she'd been stocking up on from other tables and proceeded to invite the intruders to sit with them, but he was being The Worst™. 

"Don't you have a Ryszard to go and snog senseless in some corridor?" 

Jeramie Slater

Jeramie eyed the others suspiciously from a distance. He was only going to be their friend if Julian was going to be their friend. Even then he wasn't really sure. 

Julian Pritchard

Julian was probably not going to be their friend (not Jack Frost's anyway), but he was going try to save them from bunk.

"Those claims are really not backed up by the evidence, you know?" he pointed out from the place he'd taken next to Hazel at the Hufflepuff table. "I really wouldn't put much stock on anything that book says. It's pseudoscience." 

Jacqueline Frost

"Your existence is pseudoscience," Jack childishly countered. 

She would accept the disrespect from @Jaxon Sinclair (he and @Ryszard Althaus-Valerio would one day see the light and realize that aliens were real) but she was not going to accept it from Julian Pritchard. 😡

Prince A. Charming

Atticus had planned to say something and then others were speaking and he didn't know what to say. He had always thought there was a chance aliens existed. He didn't mention that, though. Instead he sat there, wondering how he could get the whole group together. "Have any ideas?" he whispered to @Harmony Granger-Weasley.

Kay Wickham

Kay was pretty sure that they were all friends already. She was as sure as she was sure that aliens were out there somewhere (which they were). In fact, she was so sure about them all being pals that she was eating some of their leftovers like only real friends do.

"Ya gunna finish this?" she asked in-between bites of someone's half-eaten scone. "Or thith?" she barely pronounced around a straw stuck in someone's pumpkin juice.

After a few slurps, she sat up on her knees upon the bench and leaned over the tabletop with an eager grin. "Anybody wanna arm wrestle? I'm taking requests--I'll even do it standing on my head." Spying Jeramie from across a vast emotional distance, she waved and called out, "Hey, Jerry! You get any of these scones? These are sick scones!"

Julian Pritchard

Julian paused in his attempts to grab a piece of toast, not having expected that particular counter. 

He cocked his head. 

"I'm not even really sure what that means. Unless you mean it's a pseudoscientific fact claim. But I don't think the term applies, even though no one has thought to test it using the scientific method."

Edited by Julian Pritchard

Jeramie Slater

Jeramie did not think that anybody had ever called him Jerry before in his life, and he was pretty sure he didn't really like it. Nevertheless, he inched closer to the others both because he was called and to hear what they were talking about. Some kind of spirited debate about aliens , and then it got turned around on his mentor (who he really needed to do a better job of making amends with). Jeramie crossed his arms indignantly. 

"Hey! Julian's existence is not pseudoscience.....Also what's pseudoscience?"

He tried a scone. They were pretty sick scones. 

Jaxon Sinclair

"I told you, Frost.  Even the Ravenclaws think your alien garbage is...garbage."  He stole more bacon and glanced at @Jeramie Slater.  It was good to see the kid hanging around the rest of them, even if he looked a little bit...begrudging about it.

Jack cleared his throat.  "It's a collection of beliefs or information mistakenly regarded as real science," he informed the younger boy.  "In other words, alternative facts.  Which is to say...it is garbage, as I originally explained to her.  Frequently and at length."

Jacqueline Frost

"You can consider yourself as having lost the bacon privileges," Jack glared, moving the bacon tray away from Jack Sinclair. "Aliens are real. When they finally make contact I look forward to telling everyone 'I told you so'." 

😡😡

Harmony Granger-Weasley

"Uhh... I don't have any ideas." Harmony whispered back to @Prince A. Charming. Then, the conversation was turning to aliens, and it was prime time to show that she was indeed Hugo Granger-Weasley's child.

"She's right you know. They haven't been disproven yet." Harmony added to the conversation. She had a feeling her father would like this discussion very much, and made a note for the quick quotes quill in her book bag that he gave her earlier that year. "The Merwives that my Da writes about... They say they can communicate with outside worlds. And they think there's aliens out there." 

Spoken from a true child of The Quibbler. 

Edited by Harmony Granger-Weasley

Kay Wickham

As Jack Frost slid the bacon tray out of Jaxon's reach, so too did the tray of bacon at last slide within Kay's. She made grabby hands and snatched one up, crunching it between her teeth like a dog gnawing on a random stick it found during walkies.

"I dunno why you guys are talkin' 'bout what's 'scientific' or not. We're werewolves. We're magic. You think aliens are that far-fetched?" Sitting upon the tabletop, she gestured wildly. "Y'know, muggles suspect magic exists--they've got stories about it. They're right about that, why wouldn't they be right in thinking there's life way out there in the big black sparkle?"

Swiping another piece of crispy bacon, she crumbled it up and stuffed the whole handful into her mouth, satisfied.

Julian Pritchard

Julian gave Harmony an alarmed look. "Well, it's really hard to disprove things, but something not having been disproven isn't proven. Anyway, I'm not saying aliens don't exist. They might. The universe is really big so I'd actually be surprised if they didn't. But there's no evidence that they've come to earth, much less of alien hybrids."

Toast completely forgotten, he crossed his arms over his chest, and turned to look at Kay. "And I think you could apply the scientific method to things like magic. Muggles can't test for the existence of magic because they can't interact with it, so they're scientific theories don't include them, but that doesn't mean science isn't meaningful." 

Prince A. Charming

Atticus kept eating because he had nothing to add to the conversation.

Pine Tree

He was hiding again, Pine believed he had gotten better at not letting anything get to him. Just things were still getting to him and it hurt. 

Walking into the great hall, Pine just wanted some food and looked around for somewhere to sit when he say others that he knew, others like him. But he felt like he was left out. 

Looking at Jack. The one person he knew somewhat beside the ones in his year and @Prince A. Charming. “Jack, was there a party I wasn’t invited to.” Pine felt like a lone wolf and that was alright with him. Maybe.

Avery Potter

Avery had no idea what was going on. There was talk about friends, then about aliens, then about parties. How could a group of people so different even consider spending time together? Avery had always felt comfortable with her friendship circle, though never stopped being kind to the others around her, for that was how she liked to be treated. 

Could she just be in the dueling chamber already? Maybe she could convince someone to go with her? 

“Jack...” She said, looking towards @Jaxon Sinclair“Why haven’t you dueled with me yet this year?” 

Prince A. Charming

"Pine!" Atticus said, patting the spot next to him. "Join us! I was wondering where you were. Been hiding?"

Pine Tree

It seems like they knew him too well, @Prince A. Charming knew that he was hiding. "Just trying to stay away." Some days were better for him and some were just not the best. Today was one of those days were he just wanted to hide from the world and pretend to just his own person and no a creature. "What is even going on over here?"

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.