Sign in to follow this  
Nico Pichardo

ᴛʜᴇ ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ

Nico Pichardo

Another day another letter to go home. Nico was keeping his promise, it helped that he actually enjoyed writing. It was soothing in a way, putting all the turmoil and confusion onto parchment. Of course he’d have preferred no one read it but that was too much like keeping a diary and.. nope. It didn’t matter how many safety spells he learned he was not trusting that his roommates wouldn’t find a way to snoop. 

Besides, there wasn’t a lot he was uncomfortable sharing with his mum. She’d always been his safe space.. someone to bounce ideas off of. That hadn’t changed much over the years, even if it wasn’t just them against the world anymore. The one upside to that was not being pushed to eat little trees allllll the time. 

The Gryffindors nose wrinkled slightly as he clutched his letter, entering the owlery. It seemed fairly deserted as he scanned it, looking for the one owl he usually used but instead his gaze landed on a girl. 

Holy pants. 

She was perfect. An Angel is what came to mind as he stared dumbly, letter forgotten. 

Adrina Althaus-Valerio

Her fingers ruffled feathers gently at the back of a rather large eagle owl’s neck and with her free hand Adrina pulled a small piece of bacon from her pocket and held her palm out.  

She had just finished sending off a letter to her uncle, asking about her cousin Archie and how Hogsy was doing so that she could report back to @Jaxon Sinclair about the puppy, who really wasn’t even a puppy anymore, when the owl had side stepped up next to her and poked at her pocket. 

“Nosy aren’t you?” She giggled, but fed the big bird a snack anyway and then resorted to pulling apart a few more pieces to lure down some more owls that had turned their eyes onto her in the process.  It wasn’t as if she had an owl of her own to spoil rotten and so this would have to fulfill her quota.  

Addy was tutting and whispering to any of the birds in reach when footsteps entered the tower behind her and the fourth year spun around with a smile to greet whoever had joined her.  “I hope you brought a snack with your letter, they all seem very hungry today.” 

Nico Pichardo

The angel spoke. to. him.

The sound of her laugh had a smile pulling at his lips even before the full force of her smile was turned on him. 

“Wow.” He breathed, feeling dumb. Nico blinked, having to work to pay attention to what she’d actually said and not just the way her mouth moved to form words. She was beautiful, ethereal... as he gave her a quick once over he half expected a halo to be atop her head but. 

“Oh, uh, I.. I did.” He stuck his hand in his pocket, withdrawing the bits he’d saved from earlier for them. Nico wasn’t normally so nervous, stumbling over words. There was just something about her. “Did you already um.. send your letter?”

Edited by Nico Pichardo

Adrina Althaus-Valerio

A boy in red trimmed robes stood near the entryway and said something under his breath after she’d spoken to him but Adrina hadn’t been able to catch it.   

“I’m sorry I...” but as it turned out he started again with a response to her mention of bird treats and she grinned and walked closer, pulling the last few remnants of bacon scraps she had in her own pocket and offering a few of them to the boy.  It had been tricky stealing them away from @Jacqueline Frost but even she could only stuff down so much fried pork.  

“I just did.” Addy nodded.  “But, I like to stick around and feed the other birds sometimes too.  I don’t have my own owl.”  She wondered if that seemed like a strange thing to do and briefly looked towards the floor with a tinge of embarrassment.  “I can leave you to send your letter in private, if you want.” 

She would have preferred to stay a little longer, truthfully, but she didn’t want to seem rude.  

Nico Pichardo

He was a little flustered as she came closer, but he managed to thank her. The owls were always going nuts for things, he could remember being pecked the few times he'd forgotten and it hurt. Not that he planned to say so, anyone who forgot probably already knew what that could be like. Nico felt a little weird whenever someone "caught" him sending a letter to his mum. Mainly because there were some who might tease and say he must be a 'mummys boy' but that was ridiculous.

"That's really nice of you," Because it was. Nico was surprised his voice hadn't cracked he was so nervous in her presence and yet her offer to leave didn't feel like a relief.

"Oh.. no I'm fine. I don't mind. Stay. Er. If you want." He added before cutting himself off as he realized he was rambling. The Gryffindor was no stranger to being nervous but he wasn't usually one to be tongue tied and yet.. here he was. "I'm Nico."

Adrina Althaus-Valerio

"It's nothing, really." Addy waved off the comment with a wave of her hand and a shrug.  She didn't mind sharing the scraps she'd brought for the birds.  At the appearance, or maybe the smell hitting the air, the birds started to make more noise and Adrina stopped to pass a glance around the high beams of the tower and along the open windows before her dark eyes landed back on the gryffindor.   

"Alright." She nodded then, still smiling.  "I've already sent off off my own letter to my uncle so I won't be much longer." She realized she had already made such an announcement only after the fact but at least she found it would give them both something to fill what would otherwise be silence with something to talk about.   

"Adrina, but most people call me Addy." The hufflepuff turned back and stepped back towards the window where a two owls were perched on opposite corners and held out a small scrap to one.  "Who are you writing to?" She asked.   

Nico Pichardo

It wasn't nothing. If he hadn't already been sure she was an angel, he would've known it now. She was humble and beautiful... was it too soon to propose? He nearly chuckled at that but managed to turn it into a smile. "Well, if it counts for anything, I think it's pretty great." Not everyone would take the time out hence his thinking it was more than nothing. The Gryffindor couldn't think of a time that he'd seen anyone in there just to visit with the birds.. did they get lonely? He'd never really stopped to wonder. Maybe that said a lot about him.

He was glad she hadn't insisted on going, even if he realized it didn't automatically mean she wanted to spend time with him. Just the owls. "Oh right. No.. take as much time as you want." Nico was sincere in that, not wanting her to feel as though she needed to rush off.

"Addy.." He spoke the word as if testing it out before his cheeks reddened a little as he realized it. "Er, it's nice to meet you, Addy." He flashed another warm smile, watching as she moved to feed some more of the owls. "My mum.." He admitted with a small shrug. "She likes to keep tabs."

Adrina Althaus-Valerio

Though she shrugged off the gryffindor boys appreciation again, Adrina still felt her smile linger, encouraged by the sweet smile the boy was aiming in her direction.  It was nice to feel appreciated; especially for her.  Her good grades, becoming captain of Hufflepuff's quidditch team; those things never seemed to earn any real tokens of acknowledgement from her parents and so the fourth year lapped up what little bits of such a sentiment she could steal from other sources.   

"You too, Nico." Adrina answered, having handed off her last little bit to one of the birds, she hadn't any more reason to stay but the girl had never been one to turn away from the chance to make a friend.  She was sure she could find some reason to stay and when he answered her question she nodded in understanding.  

"That's nice."  Or at least, she thought it was but then again she rarely heard from her own mother unless it was about something she did wrong.  "I don't write to my own mother much, but my uncle writes to me a lot.  He used to be a teacher here." She said.  Many days she wished he still was, it would be nice to have him to go to.  

"Well Nico..." She clapped her hands together enthusiastically and stepped away from the window, eager to change the subject before she actually had to talk about her parents.  "You know one of my secret hobbies and I know nothing about you.  What do you like to do when you aren't writing letters?"  

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.