Sign in to follow this  
Harmony Granger-Weasley

Special delivery

Harmony Granger-Weasley

It was another morning at Hogwarts. A flood of owls entered Hogwarts and swirled around the students, trying to find their recipients. One owl swooped overhead and dropped a package in Harmony's oatmeal, splattering it on the person next to her. Great. She thought, as she wiped the mess off. 

"I'm sure the owl would say sorry if they could." She added to them, hoping that they weren't too mad. Harmony opened up the package, and grimaced. She remembered the contest she entered a while ago, to meet the woman who changed her life forever. Instead of giving Trudy a piece of her mind, she got a book. Upon opening it, the verified signature glared in front of her. "Eww." Harmony blurted out, holding the book by its cover and letting it hang. It appeared that others around her were getting the books as well. "This will make nice crate lining for Jean." 

Margot du Courtois

Margot caught one of the books and walked over to @Harmony Granger-Weasley.

"Will you read this to me?"

Dorjee Shire Sherpa

Dorjee remembered entering the contest and had caught himself wondering from time to time when he would get this supposed book. The morning it finally happened came in a flurry of largely identical owls carrying identical packages entering the Great Hall. As one dropped in front of him, another landed in some oatmeal further down the table.

His, unfortunately, hit him in the head. “Ow!”

He unwrapped the book quickly, looking around as he flipped through a few pages. Most at the school would scorn him for even considering reading it, but maybe there was a point to what Trudy Veritas was saying, even if he didn’t agree with her methodology.

Harmony Granger-Weasley

"Uhh..." Harmony said, confused. "If it were any other book... Not this one. Sorry." She wasn't about to read aloud and actually support the stupid woman. "There's nothing useful inside. It's actually better utilized as kitty lining." 

That was a fact. 

Jaxon Sinclair

"Ah, the book of a fear-mongering, hate-speech spewing bigot," Jack announced as he unwrapped the package next to @Adrina Althaus-Valerio.  "Otherwise known as toilet paper.  Or cat box liner.  Or tinder for a book burning party, huh, @Harmony Granger-Weasley?  We can do it on an almost-full-moon night.  A real werewolf party."

Margot du Courtois

"Wow, and here I thought we were friends, Harmo....nica.

Dorjee Shire Sherpa

Hearing the other recipients’ comments as they opened their packages, Dorjee decided it was best to not start reading yet. He had an empty dorm room for these kinds of things, anyway.

He slipped his book into his school bag and picked up an apple, despite not really wanting to eat it, watching the others around him - and trying to avoid Alyssa’s eyes.

Adrina Althaus-Valerio

“I’m only sorry I didn’t actually get the chance to hex a log right at her face.” Addy mumbled as Jack unwrapped the book she’d been sent as a consolation prize.  

“Just let me be there when you burn it please.” She smiled far too sweetly @Jaxon Sinclair in an effort to make up for the not so sweet words that had just exited her mouth.  

Harmony Granger-Weasley

"I like that idea." Harmony replied to @Jaxon Sinclair. "It sounds like a party. I'll be there, with my book."  

@Margot du Courtois continued to confuse Harmony greatly, didn't Ralph spend the summer with her? Surely she would know her name by now, or Ralph would've mentioned it to her. 

"To put it bluntly, I don't like the author of that book. She ruined my life, and doesn't have anything of interest to say. I'd gladly read any other book not by that author for you, just name it. Also, for future reference, I'm Harmony, Ralph's best friend. Not a musical instrument." 

Margot du Courtois

Sure, Margot had spent the summer with Ralph, but she kept calling him Rolf or Rollo when referring to him.

"Who's Ralph?"

Alyssa Hoofer

Alyssa couldn't help but grin over at Dorjee when he received his books. However, her heart sank immediately when she noticed he wasn't looking back at her. So it wasn't just her. She hadn't confided in anyone about how things seemed odd between them because she didn't want it to be real. Dorjee felt the same way she did. It just wasn't working out for them, and they were just dragging it out.

Avery Potter

"I'll start the sign ups for the book burning."

cos no matter what, avery would be taking part. 

Ollie Celeste

"Burn baby burn! Hogwarts inferno!" Ollie sung to herself as fire consumed the 'gift'. The Trudy book that had been in her possession for all of 0.0000003 seconds was already ashes.

Margot du Courtois

Margot walked over to @Dorjee Shire Sherpa and handed him the book for sitting on the floor in front of him.

"READ THAT TO ME!"

Charlie Perkins

Ugh.

What rubbish. 

Charlie was down with the burning party but also.. he couldn’t help hearing the loud girl talking about someone reading it to her.  

He probably would have considered her garbage for wanting to read it if not for the part where she didn’t know how.

How sad. 

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.