Sign in to follow this  
Dale McQueen-Trengrove

Can’t seem to quit when it comes to you

Dale McQueen-Trengrove

Dale felt quite tired from the last week — he was not used to getting up early for classes again and it was hard to make the transition from sleeping until 11 or 12 every day over the summer to having to wake up at the crack of dawn (or it seemed like it) for the physical exercise part of @Professor Foster‘s classes. Although Defense Against the Dark Arts was probably his favorite class, he was not going to miss the part next term when they no longer had to exercise if they didn’t want to. He was always dragging up the rear in the running exercises at least and he hated it. 

He hated running. Dale stifled a yawn and shoved his hands in his pockets as he wandered around the armor gallery killing time. The last time he was here, Aster had come looking for him and he knew he had made her sad but he had meant what he said. He couldn’t trust Aster, not when she hung around Julian all the time nowadays. He just couldn’t. Besides she always tried to interfere and sometimes, he just wanted her to butt out so that he could attack Julian with full force. Because he really couldn’t stand his ex-best friend lately. 

He didn’t really know what fostered the additional resentment but forced encounters like the one that they had over the summer and his reaction in the Great Hall didn’t help. He knew he should just stay away and not try and provoke him, but he seemed to be unable to help himself when it came to Julian. 

Ironically that was who he happened to spot now. 

“Oh, it’s you,” he snarled. “Still sucking up to Aster these days? You know she told me that she wanted to be both our friends, which is quite delusional in my opinion.” 

Julian Banagher

In addition to the Dueling Chamber, Julian had been spending more time exploring the castle. It was amazing how many corridors and rooms seemed to appear when you really went looking for them. It was certainly better than getting into fights every three minutes because his classmates were insufferable morons who couldn't keep their mouth's shut.

Unfortunately, one such moron happened to be at the armor gallery that day too. Julian shoved his hands in the pockets of his robes, baring his teeth as he took one step forward. He was planning on keeping as much distance as he possibly could. Dale had broken his nose far too many times over the past few months for him to take too many chances.

"Shut up," he snapped. It was delusional, he thought, but he wasn't going to tolerate anyone speaking ill of Aster--least of all Dale. "She's my friend. The only reason why she wants to be your friend is because she thinks you can be forgiven for what you said. But you can't." 

He took another step forward--he wasn't going to go any further than that. "Just leave her alone."

Dale McQueen-Trengrove

"You know she was my friend first," he retorted. "Or did you not know that? Guess you really don't know anything about me if you didn't." And he supposed that was probably true of him too - he didn't really know anything about Julian other than the fact that they had both liked punching and bullying. It was no wonder their friendship had fallen apart so quickly. He also knew the fact that Aster was friends with him first had nothing to do how strong their friendship was, but Dale was using it like ownership almost. Never mind that he didn't trust Aster anymore -- not when she was Julian's friend. It didn't matter to him that she still wanted to be friends with him if she was going to also be friends with Julian. "So I guess she still wants to be my friend because she likes me better or something."

He gave a smirk as Julian took another step forward but no further. Dale wanted to test how close Julian was willing to get him so he took another step forward himself. 

"I am leaving her alone." It was really Aster coming up to him and insisting that she could stay both of their friends somehow. "But she still came up to me and insisted that we could still be friends. Guess she doesn't really like the friends that she has," though he suspected it was more because Aster was a nice person and wanted to be friends with everyone. "I can see why," he added, a cruel expression on his face as he took another step forward. 

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.