Sign in to follow this  
Dante Agretera

Hi, Be my Friend?

Dante Agretera

Since everyone else was setting up a booth in the Great hall or in the nearby corridors/foyer. Dante figured he had the Grey Lady given right to do something similar. This was mostly just a blue chair that he borrowed from the tower (don't ask how he got it here he doesn't know either) and a table that didn't always want to be flat on the top.

Dante sat there with a sign that he had finally (after tries) figured out to flash the large words BE MY FRIEND? in blue and bronze. He sat, in his blue chair with his fingers laced in front of him and an open book of sudoku close enough nearby to start working on if no one decided to stop. He wasn't trying to force his friendship on other people, they could make their own choices.

He also had a small stack of new Flower Crowns nearby to echo the purple heather crown he was wearing currently. These were, of course, for people who wanted them. Or at least the first ten people who wanted them.

Edited by Dante Agretera

Edward Borage

A flashing of blue and bronze caught Edward’s attention.

BE MY FRIEND? 

It was so unexpected that his mouth dropped open and he blinked several times before scrubbing at his eyes because he couldn’t be reading that right? Could he? But yes, it clearly stated that! And Edward didn’t have a whole slew of friends and he kinda missed his friends in Brazil, especially since he’d caught up with them all for a week-long camp that his old headmaster had graciously permitted him to attend.

So, thanking Merlin that there seemed someone else who wanted connections but had more nerve than himself to get some, Edward marched himself forward and offered a smile. “Ummmm hi...I’m Edward.”

Dante Agretera

“HI.” Dante said jumping to his feet and setting off an minor imbalance in the table, He pushed his hand out towards @Edward Borage and smiled. “I'm Dante. Want to be friends? Do you like flower crowns, do you want one?”

Dante's excitement was boiling over, because he hadn't expected anyone to even notice the sign, despite that he had written it in LARGE letters. Sometimes everyone seemed so stuck in their own thing.

Annag Hamblton

As Annag entered the Great Hall that day, there was a new addition. Something blue and bronze, a sign flashing in her house colors. She figured it was a Ravenclaw outreach program put forth by the less than five socially-outgoing Ravenclaws in existence and was ready to pass by when she noticed the boy behind the table who looked a lot like that amazing lad she had encountered early in her first year. She wondered if girls still tittered behind their hands, faces blushing pink, as they whispered his nickname "lamb-a-kins." 

Her curiosity got the best of her social anxiety and she crept up and stood quietly off to the side fiddling with one of the lovely, floral crowns while the two boys began their conversation.

Edward Borage

And promptly marched himself a step or two backwards as the over-eager Dante fairly leapt at the chance of being friends. It was hard not to laugh and harder still to keep the grin down a tone to make it acceptable and not devilish. “Ummm hi Dante, nice to meet you...I’ve never thought about flower crowns but I do quite enjoy sketching...plants mostly...and animals...but I think...it’s Anna....Ummmm An-somthing, right?...does.”

Edward shot a warm smile at the girl hanging near them, wanting to include her too. “Come join us!”

Edited by Edward Borage
Spelling

Jerome Chan

Jerome was pretty happy to join the commontion when he saw the large sign. Of course he wanted to be friends with the boy. Plus, they were all second-years, right? He thought he had seen some of them in lessons. It was always nice to have friends in the same year. "Hello, may I join too?" Jerome interrupted politely. "I'm not sure I'll look nice in flower crowns but I would be happy to be your friend." He smiled at @Dante Agretera, then turned to @Edward Borage. "You too, if you want to be friends." @Annag Hamblton was there too, and he nodded at her in hello. "My name is Jerome. I am a second year Hufflepuff."

Annag Hamblton

Annag was surprised that the unknown boy was so kind. Usually if anyone even noticed she existed, they just blew her off or pushed her around. But this lad was actually inviting her to join in. "Hi, I'm Annag. Nice to meet you," the little girl chirped up at the taller boy.

In her peripheral vision a seemingly familiar figure appeared. Oh, it was @Jerome Chan, the boy from the library. The little Ravenclaw smiled shyly at him and nodded in response.

Edward Borage

“Ah! Annag! That’s it! I almost had it! And hi Jerome, a pleasure to meet you too.” 

Edward rummaged in his satchel and pulled out a bag of mixed sweets, “Anyone fancy a sweet? I stocked up over summer and have a ton!” He offered the bag around to everyone in turn. “Speaking of, how was all your summer hols?”

Annag Hamblton

Annag smiled gleefully and accepted a small sweet and tucked it into her pocket. "Thank you very much! That's very thoughtful of you." 

The little girl realized that pocketing a sweet might come off as rude, so she thought she should quickly add an explanation. "Oh, that," her head ticking towards her pocket. "I have blood sugar problems and if I eat sweets before a protein source, I might just turn into a very grumpy bear!" Raising her hands like an attacking Ursus arctos arctos, the little girl growled a soft bear growl and laughed – eyes dancing and glinting. 

Only the boys back home and @Alvis Anderson knew that the bear game was one of her all-time favorites.

Annag Hamblton

"Summer? Oh, I guess it was fine."

She had in fact had a chance to buy real cloths for the first time in her life! Everything else had always been hand-me-downs from neighborhood boys altered by her mother to fit her smaller frame. Annag's family was not well to do and could only scrape up enough money for her uniform pieces. But her mother had managed to save some during the past year and sent her off to Diagon Alley for her very first shopping trip to buy girl's cloths.

Since she lived on a farm, wearing boy's hand me downs was a perfectly reasonable solution to the problem of clothing (it was boy's clothing because the little Ravenclaw was the only girl in a land where boys roamed the earth). She was excited to get a chance to wear her new things instead of just her uniform like she did her first year at Hogwarts.

But something had happened while she was in Diagon Alley. She saw something—or should we say someone—that made her heart hurt terribly for the first time in her life. She wanted to forget.

" I bet yours was better! Tell me all about it, please," she chirped merrily.

Edward Borage

“Oh mine? Ummm well Willa came over to stay a day or so and we bought up most of Honeydukes. I stayed a week at my old school’s mid year camp, spent some time with my dad and younger brother and sister, and sketched. And mostly was not hot. But the sweets were good.”

As highlights went it wasn’t sparkling and there were bits he still wasn’t sure on but it certainly was enough to let someone else add theirs. “What about you guys?” He aimed the question at Dante and Jerome.

Dante Agretera

Dante shot a warm smile at the short Ravenclaw girl. They had explored together and she had been very nice.

Wait, you draw. That's awesome, I was never good at drawing that much, and you do flowers too, do you have a field journal thing? I always wanted to do one but it never really happened.” he reached down and pulled two flower crowns from the pile, one with little white flowers and another with larger yellow and purple ones. When @Jerome Chan approached he pulled another one out, this one with little red flowers.

Nonsense, you'd all look good with them on,” he insisted as she handed them each a flower crown, white to @Edward Borage, purple and yellow to @Annag Hamblton and red to Jerome. “Also Hi, I'm Dante.”

Candy.

Dante wasn't usually allowed candy, but maybe this one time. He shoved the barely unwrapped candy in his mouth before his better sense could stop him from doing it and put a hand up to indicate he was chewing before he started talking. At the very least his γιαγιά wouldn't be mad at him for not being polite.

It was okay, a bit weird. But I managed to get ranked in Fortnite, even if no one really plays it any more. My πατέρας thought it was a cool game.”

---

γιαγιά - Grandmother

πατέρας - Dad

Jerome Chan

"Oh, thank you," Jerome said politely as he took one of @Edward Borage's sweets. 

He listened as the others talked about their summers. It was always nice to hear what other people had been up to. "I was not very busy either. I went to China to visit my family there, though. That was nice."

At @Dante Agretera's offering of a flower crown, Jerome hesitantly took it and placed it on his head. Well, at least red was a nice colour on him. Red was a colour of good luck. "I'm Jerome." Dante, Annag and Edward. He could remember those names well enough he was sure.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.