Professor Chevalier

What tomorrow may bring

Professor Chevalier

@Aggie Price

"Healing is a wonderful career path." Chevalier replied smiling, "I'm actually glad you don't want to go into Divination. While it's the path of life I'm on myself, I can't say I recommend it for everyone. I think it's a good skill to have but there are hardly any jobs out there on the subject." Hence why she was currently a teacher. "I can't tell you whether or not you should go into the field but we can do a card reading to go over some of the concerns you may have."

She passed her deck over towards the girl. "Now if you wouldn't mind, please shuffle the deck with your left hand. Once it's back in a pile, separate it into five smaller piles and stack them back on top of each other in whichever order you feel is best."

Aggie Price

Aggie smiled when the professor assured her it was all right to not want a career in Divination.  Taking the deck from Professor Chevalier, Aggie shuffled it with her left hand, doing so a bit slower than usual since she was right handed.  Once she had finished and separated them into five piles, the Ravenclaw carefully stacked them back on top of each other and patiently waited to see what message they held for her.

Xenia Lupu-Haidei

No, that did not satisfy Xenia’s curiosity. She swallowed the apple piece she’d been chewing and stared at @Professor Chevalier in utter disbelief. “What do you mean my WizTube money won’t be stable?” The young teen would’ve sputtered right then and there if she was that sort of person. “You-you must not have done that right!” She insisted, switching hands and slapping her left hand on the table. “Try this hand instead.”

Xenia refused to believe that she would actually need a Hogwarts education to succeed in life. She hated going to classes. Found them all to be a bloody bore. If she was forced to get a job at the Ministry or something even more unbelievably boring than that she would honestly just keel over and die.

Saroyan Singer

Ah, that was the kicker, then: interpretation. He shouldn't have said anything out loud; if he knew anything about how Muv conducted business, it was that fortune telling became easier the more the client gave up about themselves and he'd practically shown his entire hand. If real Divination was still a crock, he'd given the professor everything she needed to fluff it up and tell him what he wanted to hear.

But he did want to hear it, actual truth or placating lies aside. So, Saro kept his personal little corner of Manchester in mind as he knocked back the proffered tea.

S'good,” he half-choked out—strong, bitter, the sort of tea Beckett could make if she used herself as the leaves—around his first steaming sip, then went in for more until it was down to Chevalier's instructions. Saroyan jerked the cup around in a half-formed circle that belied his confusion on which way counter-clockwise was, exactly, then, still fixated on his the friend-shaped hole in his chest, tipped it over onto the saucer. If some spilled a little, it wasn't his fault—he was eager, honest, to see how this should go.

He hoped the professor would have the decency, if everything really was rubbish, to think up rubbish that might set his heart at ease until holiday break came around for him to face it himself. It would be a kinder, if not slower, sort of march toward inevitability.

I'm a bit scared to look,” he admitted, choosing to follow the path of too-much-honesty. “I've heard Muv tell people she doesn't like that the cards spell death—lie to me if that's the true and honest case, please?”

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.