Atticus Barnes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

e r y c h a r a c t e r l i b r a r y c h a r a c t e r l i b r a r y c h a

The Basics

e r y c h a r a c t e r l i b r a r y c h a r a c t e r l i b r a r y c h a

tumblr_p6cprmCRkR1wmi29do9_400.pngtumblr_p6cprmCRkR1wmi29do5_400.pngtumblr_p6cprmCRkR1wmi29do1_400.png

general!
FULL NAME:  Atticus Adriana Barnes
HOUSE: Slytherin
BIRTHDAY: 
June 13, 2031

Gemini 
(May 21 - June 20)
Gemini is the third sign of the zodiac and has influence over the hands, arms, shoulders, and lungs. Positive traits include quick wits, versatility, flexibility, fluency with words and ideas, an open mind, a love of learning, adaptability, agility, sharp perception, and cheerfulness; negative traits are duplicity, mood swings, flightiness, nervousness, fidgeting, lack of attention span, a tendency to be easily influenced, and undependability.
Gemini Slytherin
Ever heard the phrase "snake-tongued?" It must have been invented to describe a Slytherin Gemini. (This doesn't refer to the Parseltongue gift, either, although the few Slytherin wizards who exhibited it have had a disproportionate number of Geminis in their midst.) Slytherin Geminis have the dubious gift of being able to lay the blarney on thick and be believed. This is due to both their imaginative mental agility and to their skill with words. Of course, not all Slytherin Geminis are liars - but it is probably advisable to get all sides of the story if you hear interesting gossip from one of these wizards. Slytherins born under the sign of Gemini are also naturally skilled at any magical work which involves sleight of hand or incantations. They are less determined and aggressive than the average Slytherin, though, save perhaps in a field that involves debate. You will find far more of them chatting in the common room or looking up arcane lore in the library than on the Quidditch field or in a dueling match, with the exception of Quidditch Seekers: the sharp eyesight and quick reflexes associated with Gemini are good traits for a Seeker to have.

HOMETOWN: Farm in Texas (Haven't picked specifics yet)
BLOOD: Pureblood

appearance!
HAIR COLOUR:

brown
HAIR STYLE:

Usually down or in a messy bun/braid, naturally straight unless braided while wet
EYE COLOUR:

Bluish Green
HEIGHT: 

4'9
BUILD:

Average

Atticus has acquired loads and loads of freckles from her time spent outside on the farm. Her hair also used to be a lot darker growing up but must've been lightened from the countless hours outside. If you look close enough on her lip, there's a scar from where she got into an altercation with a chicken and it bit her.

family!

FATHER'S NAME: Adrian Alastair Barnes
BRIEF DESCRIPTION: Pure-Blood, working for the Ministry of Magic in the blah blah blah. (More to come)
MOTHER'S NAME: Camille Susannah Ardere
BRIEF DESCRIPTION: Pure-Blood, attended Ilvermorny before she took an American Liaison job at the Ministry of Magic to work within the Department of Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. She loved her time in London until she grew too homesick and unhappy with being there, married and living a boring life. Camille took baby Atticus and her belongings and fled back to America. She settled on some farmland in Texas before she went to work. It was a lot harder than her life in London, but it all made her a lot happier in the end.  
SIBLINGS:  Harry and Astrid Barnes, both from her father's remarriage. 
More family description in the next post. 

wand !

WOOD: Vine

The druids considered anything with a woody stem as a tree, and vine makes wands of such a special nature that I have been happy to continue their ancient tradition. Vine wands are among the less common types, and I have been intrigued to notice that their owners are nearly always those witches or wizards who seek a greater purpose, who have a vision beyond the ordinary and who frequently astound those who think they know them best. Vine wands seem strongly attracted by personalities with hidden depths, and I have found them more sensitive than any other when it comes to instantly detecting a prospective match. Reliable sources claim that these wands can emit magical effects upon the mere entrance into their room of a suitable owner, and I have twice observed the phenomenon in my own shop.

CORE: Unicorn Tail Hair

Unicorn hair generally produces the most consistent magic and is least subject to fluctuations and blockages. Wands with unicorn cores are generally the most difficult to turn to the Dark Arts. They are the most faithful of all wands, and usually remain strongly attached to their first owner, irrespective of whether he or she was an accomplished witch or wizard. Minor disadvantages of unicorn hair are that they do not make the most powerful wands (although the wand wood may compensate) and that they are prone to melancholy if seriously mishandled, meaning that the hair may 'die' and need replacing.

LENGTH: 8 1/4 inches

Edited by Atticus Barnes

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.