Sign in to follow this  
Lian Dracel-Cortes

Ghostlights

Lian Dracel-Cortes

Follows This 

-------------------

The Hogwarts Owl that landed in the study of Dracel Manor was quick to drop off the letter and disappear, not surprising the occupant of the study one bit. Over the years, @Darcie Dracel-Cortes had terrorized plenty of feathered creatures by threatening to burn them and it was enough for the poor owls to do one of several things: fly by, drop the letter and flee. Or, fly by and drop both letter and a few surprises that warranted scouring charms and glowering in her wife's direction! 

"Scaring the flacking owl crapless is not how I wished to start the bloody day!"

Why she could almost hear the cackling! Reaching for the letter with shaky hands, Lian closed her eyes and tore the letter open. Her eyes befell the letter from Aleksander and she pulled out her wand, duplicating it and sending it's direct copy over to the wine cellar, where her wife was probably inventorying the casks. Duplicating the letter twice more, she sealed them and glanced out towards Amadeus, her personal owl. 

"Amadeus," - She called solemnly. - "It seems we'll have plenty of work for you, my darling."

The owl gave a few excited hoots whilst Lian dipped her quill in fresh ink, penning a few quick notes for her children. Once done, she turned to the owl and offered it a treat prior to attaching the letters to it's leg. - "Take one to Sebastian and the other goes to Morgi and Leo."

Sebastian,

It would seem that your mum and I owe you from that bet we placed. Read this letter and then check your vaults.

Love,

Your dearest mother who lost a bet or two

----------------------------------------

Leo and Morgi,

Read this letter and then check your vaults. It would seem our family is due to be overrun by rational minds rather than solely run by Snakes and Lions. 

Love,

Your dearest mother(and mother in law) who lost a bet or two

--------------------------------------------

Lian Dracel-Cortes

An unfamiliar tawny owl had arrived in Dracel Manor, baring a letter for Lian.

Mother,

Leyda and I got Aleks this lovely owl. We figured you had a care package to send along, so please do so with this owl.

Love,

Sebastian

Lian's eyebrow rose as she gathered a letter she had written for her grandson along with a parcel. Stroking the feathers of the yet to be named owl, Lian smiled. - "Alright then, take this to Aleksander at Hogwarts."

------------------------------------------------

Dearest Aleks!

Darcie and I are very thrilled you made Ravenclaw House. We look forward to hearing more of your adventures throughout the school year. Your father sends this lovely owl that he and your mum got you, but I'm sure you've guessed this already. I send along a care package, I'm sure you'll share with your new friends. Speaking of friends to be made. When we went to school, we had made strong ties to Spike VonHaus and Aurora Braelin. To this day, I consider them a part of our family, in spite of the years and the complications of being an adult.

Aurora and Spike went on to have a family of their own and their children are likely still around Hogwarts. Should you run into any Braelin-VonHaus children, attempt to befriend them. The same goes to any Davis or Turloughs you run into, they're related to Aurora as she and Alexandria are cousins. There are a few more names I could list, but I'm not sure if they have school aged children. I'm afraid I was one of those who had children early after graduating.

Make friends, explore your options in school. I met so many people through dueling and through school clubs and I am sure you will do the same. Be yourself, my sweetling - that is the greatest gift you can give anyone else. Do say hello to Headmistress McGonagall when you see her, I'm stunned she's still at Hogwarts. Thirty nine years ago, it was Headmistress McGonagall that welcomed our class to Hogwarts and at the time she still taught Transfiguration. 

We love you and we believe you'll be great!

Love,

Grandmum & Nana

PS: Dueling is the superior activity

Lian Dracel-Cortes

The following letter arrived at Dracel Manor:

Mother,

The rumors are true about AK's health declining. Stefan is going to be sending Moira and Viktor over to England while he handles the situation back in Dresden. We don't know if we can have all four kids in our household as we only thought of our own children and perhaps sleepovers. Is it possible you can host them in Dracel Manor?

With love,

Leyda

Lian threw the letter into the fire, sighing. Kienna would disapprove of this...

Leyda,

I will speak with Darcie about the matter. Kienna will not approve of this plan of yours, see if Christian and Maximillian can take them in on a more permanent basis as Dracel Manor is not a place AK would want her children to be raised in.