Sign in to follow this  
Dax McQueen-Trengrove

There's nothing stopping me

Dax McQueen-Trengrove

"Do you think there's really a squid that eats toast in there?" Dax threw a pebble into the lake, thinking about it.

Hootie Holliday

Hootie scrunched her nose, sitting on her bum with her legs stretched out where the grass met the lakeshore as the boy threw his pebbles.

"Course not," she replied and tilted her head, her messy ponytail flopping to the other side of her head. "Why would anyone want to eat soggy toast? Even a squid would want better food than that, right? Like... maybe pizza or chicken nuggets."

Dax McQueen-Trengrove

Did squids eat chicken? He was trying to think. "Well, fish would get boring after awhile. Do you think we should get something interesting for it?" He threw another pebble into the water. Maybe he should try to skip them but it wasn't happening. "What if we just try feeding it different things?

Hootie Holliday

"Different things like?" Hootie tilted her head. "Like Hufflepuff prefects?" she blurted before thinking, her traumatic experience already reflecting in her attitude. "Just kidding, heh," she added flatly. Clearly maybe not kidding. "Did you bring anything with you? I have these beans a boy gave me... Bertie something or others..."

Dax McQueen-Trengrove

"Were they mean to you? I can fight them." He didn't care that they were bigger then him. He would be more then fine with fighting someone bigger if they were mean to Hootie. She was too good. "I probably have something in my bag." But he'd have to start going through his bad and look for something. 

Hootie Holliday

"Noooo, you don't have to fight them," Hootie sighed. "Well, maybe. We'll see, I need to think about it," she shrugged. She knew had her brothers been here, they would have liked Dax. Reaching for his bag, she pulled it into her lap and started milling through it. "Is there anything in here that will bite me?"

Professor Arrowood

Professor Arrowood happened by. "Stay in the shallow end and you won't find out," he said to @Hootie Holliday. He nodded his head at the two of them, and carried on, now thinking about what the squid actually ate.

Just passing through.

Dax McQueen-Trengrove

"Okay. You tell me when I need to fight them and I will." He didn't care if they were old. He would still make it work. Was there anything in his bag that could hurt her? "Nope. Mum was really strict before we left on the train." The whole process had been annoying bit his bag was spotless. He bet it wouldn't even last a week.

Someone old walked by and Dax found himself watching where the guy had been. "He seems awesome."

Hootie Holliday

The third, unfamiliar voice gave Hootie a startle and she jumped a bit before looking over her shoulder, watching as he walked past.

"Do you know him?" she asked, looking back at Dax before pushing through his bag some more. "You've got a sandwich in here. And I think an apple."

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.