Sign in to follow this  
Aleksander Dracel-Cortes

You ought to know by now

Aleksander Dracel-Cortes

The first thing Aleks had done in the morning after breakfast and double checking he didn't have a class until later in the afternoon, had been to take a trip to the owlery. Armed with snacks for the school owls, Aleks had been hopeful that his family would be capable of sparing one of the family owls for his school correspondences, as so he wouldn't need to bother the school's overworked owl population. Finding a tiny barn owl, Aleks reached and touched her feathers. - "Hello lovely!"- It hooted excitedly, taking the offered mice and the extending a paw for Aleks to tie the letter to. - "Could you take this to my father, he lives in Wiltshire... I mean, how do you little owls just know? Anyways, if you can't find your way there, Dracel Manor's head study will do"

A few hoots later, the owl took off. He was grateful Grandmother always received owls in the old study, as to avoid Nana Darcie charring the poor birds.

Beloved Family!

I'm not sure if Killian's owled anyone yet regarding the sorting ceremony, though he seemed nonplussed about my existence regardless. I've been sorted into Ravenclaw house, like Nana and Aunt Morrigan! I've made friends, as well and am excited to head into classes. I was hoping one of the family owls could be spared for my school year, as I rather not bother the school ones. If not, then we can see about using my allowance during the Yule Holidays! 

Grandma and Nana, the Hat says you two need to pay up to whomever you were betting with. Considering it wound up Ravenclaw, I'm sure it's Father who'll be collecting his due earnings shortly after reading this letter. I expect my cut from said bet, by the way. #DBHMG

I hope to hear back from everyone!

- Aleks

Aleksander Dracel-Cortes

Mum and Dad,

The owl was a thoughtful gift and thank you so much for it. I received everyone's letters and I enjoyed reading everyone, even Val's accounts of their first week without me! Galathea (my owl) has taken well to Hogwarts. Grandmum's advise has been welcomed as well as her supplies of cannoli's.

I've been meaning to ask...

Things have been rather tense due to the situation. The Minister was here recently and things really hit the sodding wall! Could you believe that they had the audacity to ask that we sign a contract of some sort? Is that even... legal? Please don't tell Grandmum, I'm afraid she'll raise all sorts of hell about it. The last thing I want is for her and Nana to show up to school!

Especially Nana! She's scary when she wants to be!

Love,

Aleks

Aleksander Dracel-Cortes

"Galathea!"- Aleks called once he arrived in the Owlery. His owl had been a blessing and he's given her free reign to come and go from her cage, making her a happy little hooter. - "Care to take this to Dracel Manor?"

Grandmum,

Thank you for the treats and advise as always. I've yet to run into them, but I can also admit that I have not actively sought them out either. Rumors however is that there is a Harding-Clarke in my year. Nana Darcie made mention that these were her Aunt Demetria's grandchildren in one of her letters and that it would make good on the family to socialize with Della's side of the family. 

Would you mind sending more treats? I'm afraid mine were spent easily between my friends and I...

Love, 
Aleks

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.