Sign in to follow this  
Headmistress McGonagall

The Sorting Feast

Harlan Starke

"Thanks," Harlan said, smiling, to Julian, and then to Aleks. Then he sat there, waiting for all of this chaos to subside so he could go to bed.

It was still so loud, food flying, so Harlan couldn't exactly fall asleep right there. He wondered if the professors could do something more about the situation at hand, but he didn't have the energy to look for them.

Jack Dare

Jack face broke into a smile as @Aleksander Dracel-Cortes expressed his interest in P.A.W. "Yeah, I was planning on using a classroom on the fourth floor that's always empty. Room 401. We're having a meeting tomorrow night. if you want to come. It will be right after the evening meal. It'll be earlier than tonight since there's no ceremony or anything."

"Everyone's welcome," Jack added, raising his voice a bit to pitch the club meeting to anyone who might be listening. "There's no commitment necessary, so if you're just curious to know what we are about you might as well come."

Jack blinked as his offer appeared to bring potential members out from beneath the furniture. "Pleased to meet you, @Oliver Strausser," Jack said. He was not the sort who would hold cowering against anyone as he was an expert cowerer himself. "And you two know each other. That's grand!"

Jack beamed as his mentor, @Julian Pritchard, addressed him, but sobered as he was given new information. "Is that a new ghost?" Jack asked. "I don't believe I've seen him before. Does that mean he's recently departed?" 

"Poltergeists are different," Jack said to Aleksander, pleased to be showing off his vast intelligence. "We have the most powerful poltergeist in Britain, at least that's what Hogwarts a History says. Though now that you mention it throwing things and generally mucking things up is rather a poltergeist thing. What do you think, Julian? Scourgify! Ghost or poltergeist?"

"Julian's a house prefect," Jack explained to the growing group of first years as he joined Julian in cleaning duty. "He's my mentor, and extremely knowledgable. He's also a member of P.A.W. and in fact, he's going to be our guest speaker later this month. "

Edited by Jack Dare

Aleksander Dracel-Cortes

It was certainly plenty of information to launch at once, but Aleks soaked it in and nodded along. - "Consider me there, then."- School clubs had been partly how his family had met. At least this is what he'd been told by everyone in said family.  - "We met on the train, Oliver's pretty neat. So's that one."- He pointed to the visibly uncomfortable Harlan and in the back of his head, Aleks worried. - "Harlan's not quite good with crowds it seems. But he's a swell lad."

There'd been whispers from the older students in regards to the ghost in question and Aleks took it with a pinch of salt. It didn't matter, the fact was this ghost was certainly out to ruin the feast, yet Aleks had no inclination to care. However, he was curious as to the general consensus of their dinner guest's identity - if only to satisfy the query! But at the mention of Julian speaking at P.A.W. the younger Dracel-Cortes tilted his head briefly. 

"Do you have a particular subject you're discussing or are you flying by the seat of your pants for it?"

Julian Pritchard

Julian returned Harlan's smile with a small nod, before turning his attention back to @Jack DareHe frowned at the question. He didn't really know very much about ghosts. He expected they'd cover them at some point, though he wasn't sure what subject it'd fall under the purview of. "I think recently departed makes sense. I know ghosts are usually tied to a particular location, and I've never heard of them moving. We could probably check the obituaries section of recent Daily Prophet, to try to figure out who he is." Or ask him. But again, all the goo didn't suggest he'd be amenable  to a conversation. "I definitely don't think he's a poltergeist, though. Professor Foster told us in class that it's very rare for poltergeists to have a visible form. Peeves is very much an oddity. I feel like she would've mentioned it, if there was another one in Great Britain." 

As the conversation turned to the upcoming PAW event, Julian felt himself tensing and immediately tried to take refuge from it, casting several scouring charms in a particularly meticulous fashion in order to distract himself. One of the new first years, though - @Aleksander Dracel-Cortes - immediately asked him about it. 

"Oh, well. I still have to er... talk to Kay about it? But I just imagined it'd be a sort of Q&A thing." He hoped. Because he had no idea what he'd say if Jack was hoping to have a proper talk. 

Melusina Coves

Melusina turned one of her mother's tarot cards over. The Magician, or the Merlin, card appeared just as the Sorting Hat shouted, "SLYTHERIN!!!!"

The infinity symbol above THE MAGICIANS head unraveled into a serpent. Then with a wave of his wand, the Merlin cast a spell which made the snake hiss and swallow its own tail.

'See' witch or no, she hadn't seen THAT coming. She hadn't realized it before, but in the back of her mind she imagined herself as a Ravenclaw. They were closest to the astronomy towers. Closest to the stars. 

Now she was a dungeon person.

The small blonde girls hair and skin was still tinged with pond scum and she realized the color green was going to do her NO favors. 

She tucked the Magician back in her deck and tried to remind herself that Merlin was supposedly a Slytherin.

It was difficult for her to sulk when she saw the feast laid out before her. Rather than talk to anyone she stuffed her face with seafood, curry and pastry rolls.

When the Headmistress declared an early curfew on the full moon, Melusina howled like a she wolf. "What!? I'm a Cancer AND a witch. The daughter of druids with pagan priestesses in my veins!!! This is discrimination. The wizarding world is trying to repress the witching world! I'm a sea witch. I'm pulled to the moon like the tides!!! Ooh, look, stargazy pie!!!"

The irony of her being named after a fairy tale, where a mermaid woman was turned into a serpent, made her start laugh-crying into her pie.

Vittorio Turlough

Vito watched the sorting ceremony with only a limited bit of interest. He had the ghost of an idea forming in his head. Things had been so hostile at the school for so long, and yes, the whole werewolf thing had a lot to do with it...

But so did the house rivalry. He needed to find someone to switch robes with, and maybe figure out a way to get into one of the other houses. Sure, everyone knew he was a Gryffindor, but he was going to prove a point this year that houses didn't matter, and that if everyone should just try to get along.

He applauded loudly for everyone sorted, regardless of house!

The next morning he'd start his #HouselessAtHogwarts Campaign!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.