Headmistress McGonagall

The Sorting Feast

Margot du Courtois

Margot didn't care about any of this.

She only wanted to know what happened to because she didn't know exactly where her tiger had gone after she had been caught trying to sneak it in.

"WHERE'S MY BLOODY TIGER?"

Harlan Starke

Everyone was so riled up tonight - Harlan couldn't stand it. He closed his eyes for a moment, and when he opened them, he noticed something green surrounding the students... he could sense it was a ghost's work, but didn't know what it was. He turned to @Aleksander Dracel-Cortes and @Oliver Strausser, friends he had met on the Hogwarts Express, and pointed it out to them, "What's that?" he asked, hoping one of his friends more knowledgeable on the wizarding world would be able to recognize it.

Back to the yelling - why couldn't everyone leave the werewolves alone so they could finish their meal quickly and go to bed? It had been an exhausting day, and this was just tiring him out more.

Edited by Harlan Starke

Pine Tree

He left his food there, it wasn't like he was eating it at all. He couldn't eat he was sick and wanted to sleeping and not in the bet of moods and now he was going to have to go to the headmistress office. What a great way to start out his second year. "Whatever." He got up grabbed his bag and walked away. "Not like anyone cares, but watch who you are friends with."

Prince A. Charming

Atticus sat at the Gryffindor table and tried to shrink down so that he wouldn't be seen. He didn't want to be pulled into the drama or chaos that had erupted. Everyone should have known that it would happen. "When can we eat?" he said, quietly.

Charlie Perkins

Just wanted everyone to shut up so he could stuff his face in peace.

Seeley Pichardo

More yelling and this time, directed at her and oh no Seeley was not having it.   

Slowly, brown eyes raised to look across the table at the first year who had the misfortune of having the juice land in his lap.  Maybe, she was supposed to bite her tongue and probably help the kid out, she knew a quick dry spell and it was easy enough to use it but first...  

The seventh year's eyes rolled and the glare he leveled at her was mirrored right back.   "Aren't you a little old to be having that problem?" She asked @Nathaniel Frost, leaning across the table and aiming her wand at the boy.   A few seconds of silence passed, with an eyebrow raised before she pointed her wand down and silently cast the spell to dry up the juice.    

"You're welcome." 

Chaol Edevane

He was being kicked out of the feast? "Fine," he said, not even caring that word was undoubtedly going to be sent to his new family. "I didn't want to eat with a bunch of tossers anyway."

Chaol out.

Margot du Courtois

Margot looked around the Great Hall and couldn't see anything that looked like her tiger.

"HELGA? WHERE'S HELGA? I NEED MY HELGA!"

Jacqueline Frost

"RYSZARD!" 

Jack tugged on his sleeve again to lead them out of the Great Hall but not before stopping to take a whole plate of an untouched rotisserie chicken for the inevitable trip to Azkaban.

Xenia Lupu-Haidei

Ignoring all of the drama that had erupted (sike! Like Xenia would ever ignore drama; she was just more focused on something else) Xenia stared at the Slytherin table like she was trying to jam a misshapen puzzle piece into place.

“MABEL APPLETON????” The Ravenclaw screeched, turning her full body toward @Mabel Appleton. “YOU’RE A FIRST YEAR???” Explain yourself, Mabel.

Harmony Granger-Weasley

@Avery Potter was trying to muffle her voice, which Harmony admired her attempt to protect her from trouble. She was also a bit angry for the attempt at silencing, but she could never stay truly mad at her cousin. The things she said needed to be said in that moment, especially as McGonagall seemed to be unfairly doling out punishments and points. Her anger calmed by the reminder that she still had others to worry about that needed her to have a Hogwarts career. It was unfair that speaking could get her in that amount of trouble. 

"Thanks, Avery." Harmony said to her cousin. "I'm glad I said my bit, at least she heard me. Talking to Gran, that was a risk I was willing to take. I'm tired of this, I'm tired of those bigoted views being protected." She reached in her hair and pulled out a bunch of sticky goop. 

"What in Merlin's name is this? Did the ghosts have a major party last night?" 

Edited by Harmony Granger-Weasley

Margot du Courtois

Someone was going to have to answer for the inhumanity of her tiger not being Hogwarts.

"WILL YOU ALL SHUT UP? THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS GOING ON HERE. RALPH! Have you seen Helga?"

She eyed @Ralph Digby Hamilton.

Julian Pritchard

Julian made to rise from his spot at the Ravenclaw table about three times in a row as he watched what was going on at the Gryffindor table. Part of him wanted to go and protest Molly getting in trouble (what had she done, exactly?), but it was obvious their headmistress wasn't in a mediating mood, and he didn't want to get detention again. Especially not when he had responsibilities after the feast. 

So with a glance across the table at @Jeramie Slater to check that he was okay, he took out his wand and started casting scourgify at the ghost goop that had landed on the table (since when did ghosts do that?). He needed to keep busy and he didn't have much of an appetite. 

Mabel Appleton

Somehow, one harpy-like screen drowned out all the shouting and chaos and taking of points. It sent shivers down Mabel's spine, not because she felt threatened by the Ravenclaw -- the only thing that could threaten Mabel was herself, because she was her deepest darkest fear, because she was the all mighty omniscient one, but because Xenia's voice was akin to nails down a chalkboard. Mabel almost barfed onto Ellery's plate.

"You're still here? They didn't take you out with the morning trash?" Mabel replied dryly, unable to mask the look of displeasure when she spotted @Xenia Lupu-Haidei. How'd they know each other? No idea.

Theodora Valiant

Slythrin! Of all the houses she'd heard of, Slytherin seemed to be where all of the go-getters ended up. And  her friend @Blaise Henrion from Diagon Alley ended up in Slytherin too! It felt good knowing that she had someone on her side before they ever even made it to  class. She trotted over to him once she'd been sorted with a grin on her face. "Mizzo is doing fabulous! Oh, that's the name I settled on by the way." Blaise gretted Theo with a wink, but they were soon interrupted by another kid who seemed interested in giving Blaise a hard time. "I told you, you were always surrounded by girls."  The two exchanged a look. Theo did not particularly enjoy being spoken about as though she weren't present, so she made a point to remedy such a mistake. @Orion Henrion "It's sounds as though you're  bit dissapointed that you aren't." Theo smirked at the kid. "What's your name, anyways? I'm Theo!" Tiny and red-headed as ever, Theodora extended a hand to this new fellow. If they were a friend of Blaise's, perhaps she would get along with them as well? 

Amelia Martin

This. This was why Amelia hadn't wanted to return to Hogwarts. What had been so wrong about staying at Ilvermorny? Now she was surrounded by toddlers and werewolves. Neither species she trusted, truth be told. The second year blonde sat at the Slytherin table, part-annoyed, part-enraptured by the events unfolding. Honestly, @Headmistress McGonagall wasn't going to get Amy to follow any kind of rules that she didn't already feel like following. 

Trusting werewolves and treating them like everyone else? It wasn't happening. 

They weren't like everyone else. They could kill. One slip and it was just a repeat of the year before.

Picking at the salmon fillet on her plate, Amelia kept a weary eye on the ghost flying about, spraying bits of himself around the room. Honestly, the state of this place...

Xenia Lupu-Haidei

“Mabel why are you with the first years? What kind of Benjamin Button nonsense is this??” EXPLAIN @Mabel Appleton

Mabel Appleton

On second thought, "Sorry, no idea who you are." Mabel moved down four seats, just far enough to avoid conversation but close enough so @Xenia Lupu-Haidei could see she'd only moved to get away from her hobbit feet. 🙂

Dale McQueen-Trengrove

Dale spotted @Amelia Martin at the Slytherin table and blinked. "Amy?" he said, surprised to see her. "I didn't know you were back from Ilvermorny." 

Theodora Valiant

Theodora had almost become so caught up with her own sorting and meeting new friends that she could have missed professor Mcgonagall's speech. However, when she heard the term wereworlf  thrown about, she couldn't help but get a little spooked. She barely knew anything about magic, still. From what she'd gathered however, being a werewolf in the wizarding world was pretty comparable to being any other race or ethnicity in the muggle realm. Theo half- heartedly followed as the drama unfolded. A bunch of students she didn't know yelled at a bunch of other students she didn't know, while a ghost from overhead spewed goo everywhere. Theodora shrieked at this abomination. "AHHH. Why are random ghosts allowed to spew goo all over dinner? WHAT KIND OF SCHOOL IS THIS?" @Chance Carter Theodora plucked a particularly large chunk of slime from her tresses before shooting an icy glare at the phantasm.

Hailey Hoofer

Hailey knew all about the werewolves. She had three older siblings, so of course she knew about them. It was scary last year waiting to hear whether or not her siblings were all okay. Thankfully, they'd all been fine. Alyssa had caught the aftermath, and her brothers had been safe in their common rooms. She'd put it behind her, but now hearing the announcements about it, Hailey felt scared. Would something bad happen again? She looked around for William, who was goofing off. While she was glad she wasn't sorted in Hufflepuff, she did wish she'd been sorted with someone who could reassure her.

Alvis Anderson

With all the trouble going on around him, Alvis was too caught up in Avery's words to notice the mayhem, ''Oh how marvelous my dear! That would be spiffing!'' He quickly began to shovel down his dinner and then quickly welcomed all the new lion cubs at the other end of the table, before flopping down next to Avery at the Hufflepuff table, ''Budge over will ya!'' he said to the badger next to his one and only.

Viola Merryweather

Viola had predicted that she would be in Ravenclaw. The Sorting Hat called out her house and was then lifted from her head, she made her way down to the sea of people wearing robes lined with Navy blue, her house. Despite her happiness at being placed in a house which fit her, Viola felt a wave of nervousness. She didn't know any of them. Viola tucked a wisp of her brown hair behind her ear and moved over to an empty seat. 'Please let this go easily,' She thought to herself. Often her own thoughts and questions overrode her shyness, but not this time, it was if she had left her brain behind in the Sorting Hat, maybe that was how it got to be so smart? 

Viola helped herself to some food, oblivious to the apparent drama that was going on around her, she had something about the Gryffindor table, but she was, for now, too focused on her own table. She noticed three boys sitting not too far away and recognised them from the line up to the hat, they were first years like her.

Viola looked curiously around at the other students, wondering whether she would make friends and whether her brain would ever return to her. 

Amelia Martin

Amelia turned to look at who had spoken and spotted @Dale McQueen-Trengrove. For the first time since getting on the Hogwarts Express, a true smile lit her face. Dale had been a good friend to her before she'd left. "Yeah, my mom stupidly thought it was safe enough for me to come ba-" She trailed off once she got a good look at Dale's face. "WHAT THE FLACK HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE? WAS IT A WEREWOLF? IT WAS A WEREWOLF, WASN'T IT?"

Amy turned to face @Professor McGonagall and shouted, "AND YOU WANT US TO TREAT EVERYONE THE SAME?"

Edited by Amelia Martin
spelling/grammar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.