Sign in to follow this  
Seeley Pichardo

Oh take me back to the start

Seeley Pichardo

VH40
Week One, Term One

Seventh year.  

It was both a scary thought and a musing filled with unbelievable potential and Seeley almost felt the need to pinch herself every time she actually stopped to think about it.   Thankfully, she didn't have much time to think about it.  The new badge, Head Girl, she kept pinned to her robes had her feeling an unbelievable sense of responsibility that she had doubled her own patrol rounds and it was only the first week.  

The seventh year was already exhausted and putting off the tall stack of essays she already had from every class she insisted on taking - NEWT level was no joke - but she was ever persistent.   

Still, she needed a break and it was with that in mind that the blonde stole into an all to familiar empty classroom on the fourth floor with Defense textbook plucked out of her bag and a cherry flavoured licorice wand sticking out of her mouth, she had already used her wand to silently flick shut and lock the door before she'd even realized that someone was already there.   

The hand holding her wand reached up to pull the candy out of her mouth and chewed the bite she had, all the while smiling at the mop of curly hair that was turning around to glance at her in surprise.  Though the smile broke slightly when Wyatt faced her fully and she realized she was more then a little unsure of where they stood after all the dust had now settled.   The gryffindor was surely aware of the fallout between her and @Desmond Potter; they had been on the rocks themselves once and she didn't know how much of a bridge had been rebuilt between them but she hoped her own friendship with the boy hadn't gone up in flames too.  

"Wyatt, I uh... didn't know anyone was in here." Seeley stepped towards one of the desks, freshly coated in a film of summer dust, and set the book she'd been carrying on top of it.   "Was looking for somewhere quiet, but I can leave if you want."   

She didn't want to, but she figured she had to give him the option.     

Wyatt Lazarus

He did not know how he had survived six years of education. It had been full of positive and negative moments, and he was certain that seventh year would be no different. Wyatt had no idea what would occur, other then the evitable examinations that would determine the future of the students who had entered together.

Truth be told, Wyatt did not know what had brought him to the classroom which had meant so much back within his first couple of years. They were within their first week, he felt somewhat out of place, and needed to get away from the loud first years within the common room. Bag over his shoulders, Wyatt had brought one of his potion books with him. His plan had been to find somewhere quite to read, until he could sneak back to the common room once the over excited students had all fallen asleep – or had been hexed by the older years.

His plan was not put into action. Instead, Wyatt heard footsteps and movement behind him, and turned to face whomever had found him. He smiled at Seeley, who he had forgiven long ago and who he had missed during their moments of estrangement. He had heard about the separation between her and his newly claimed best friend, but did not want to open that can of worms. Instead, Wyatt focused on something more positive for his Hufflepuff friend.

“You don’t have to leave, Seeley.” He said, as he nodded his head to bring her further into the room. “Congratulations on head girl. I bet you couldn’t believe the letter when it came over the summer. I knew it would be you though. There really was no better choice."

He had faith that it would be someone fair. Wyatt leant against one of the desks, arms to his side as he looked towards her.

Seeley Pichardo

The book she'd just placed was forgotten when Wyatt smiled at her.  He relented that she didn't need to leave and biting off another bit of the licorice wand, she shrugged off the bag she'd been carrying right off onto the dusty desktop next to the book and moved closer to the boy.  

Ever thankful that he didn't bring up the person they had once shared in common, or maybe still did, Seeley slid her wand back into it's holster as she crossed the floor.   

"Thanks." She grinned and glanced down briefly towards the badge and back up.  A few steps took her to his side and she spun around and leaned against the same desk he was before hopping backwards and sitting on top of it.  "Honestly, I was excited but my dad was ready to throw a party.  I've never seen him so happy."  At least not that she could remember.   Proud was really what it was.   She ripped the candy it half and held out a piece to the gryffindor, appreciative of his confidence in her.   She had been too busy sulking and wallowing to really think about it much.  

"Do anything grand over your last summer break?" She asked, the words sending a strange feeling coursing through her as she thought about it herself.  She hadn't really done anything grand, unless of course one counted figuring out which of the boats docked at the marina was the best one to snog @Fletcher Barrow in grand.  But, that was a secret she was keeping to herself.   "Getting the badge was the most exciting thing for me."  She added with a shrug.   

While he answered, she found herself roaming eyes around the room and a light laugh puttered out.  Fitting, that this room of all places would be where she'd find herself running into him alone.   

Wyatt Lazarus

Proud.

Wyatt knew that no matter how estranged he was current with his own mother; she would be proud of him no matter what. He had never been the type of person to excel within any area of Hogwarts – other then within potions. At some point he would need to send her a letter, to bridge the gap which had occurred between the two of them. That would be later, for now he wanted to focus on the topic at hand.

“Parents should be proud no matter what.” He replied, knowing her father and how he was with Seeley, it didn’t surprise him that he reacted in that way. As she asked about his summer, he shook his head slightly. His wild curls waved – in need of a hair cut, or at least some sort of a trim. “I had a summer job at a potions shop in Knockturn Alley. It’s wasn’t as sketchy as many of the other stores there…” it was worse, but no need to tell the budding auror that.

He had spent a lot of time behind the scenes. His only request had been to be able to brew potions in his spare time, which had been granted. Wyatt had become a pro and labelling samples, and had tried a few trickier potions out. The Gryffindor knew that he was on his way to becoming a potioneer. He would just need to get the NEWT within potions (and maybe Herbology) and then be allowed into the outside world.

“You have any plans to make our last year memorable?”

Seeley Pichardo

The hufflepuff hadn't a clue what was running through Wyatt's mind on the issue of his own mother.  A true testament to how much time and distance had fallen between them over the last few years.  Maybe she would have known if Desmond hadn't occupied so much of her time; if his own jealousy hadn't spun so tight.  But the truth was she had been swept up in his attention and allowed all the other friendships to disintegrate and it wasn't until everything else too had started breaking that she noticed all the other holes.   

"Yea, I suppose so.  They are, and I am."  Seeley nodded, the last of her candy disappearing.  "The job sounds... exciting." She'd taken only one trip into knockturn alley and that was during one of the many field trips they'd gone on with the school.  Foster had dragged the lot of them off to some underground dueling club or something but Seeley had peeked around at some of the scenery while they were there, ever observant as she was.   "Shady place but I'd check it out some day." It didn't scare her, but then again, very little did.  She didn't question why Wyatt had chosen there, of all places to find a job, she didn't get to choose where she pulled in her summer income, he was lucky enough to have the option.   

"Maybe you can show me around when I do." She leaned to the side and bumped her shoulder into his arm, shortly after shaking her head in response to the question he posed.  

"Memorable?  Not exceptionally, no." She sighed.   "Just want to find some time to have fun in between all the pressure." She glanced towards him, waiting for him to look back.   

"Ha." The blonde reached up and ran her fingers through her hair.  "Memories though... this room... you remember that time we..." She trailed off, he'd know what she was talking about.  Her hands landed on the desk on either side of her and her fingertips curled around the edge.  At least that memory could make her laugh now and she wondered if he thought of it in the same way.   

Wyatt Lazarus

He had seen a few interesting characters whilst he entered the alley every day. Wyatt had chosen the position due to the freedom in which he contained. He knew that if he had applied to a more straight laced store, he wouldn’t have been able to experiment as much as he had wanted. “I’m planning on working there for a little in the holidays, and after graduation, so you should totally come along.” Wyatt replied. He wanted to be in a potion to create his own potions at some point – but knew he needed money in order to obtain some of the rarer ingredients.

“There are a few interesting store.” Wyatt added. “Some I refuse to go within, too dark, but a couple of them are just a little murky.”

Maybe that wasn’t the best description – but he did not feel they were entirely negative. Seeley mentioned about fun, and Wyatt could believe it. He knew that he wanted to et rid of a lot of the pressure which there would be that year. They already knew that NEWTs would be exhausting. Seriously, it was actually within their name. He did not need every single professor indicating as such within each and every lesson.

“With some of our year I feel that fun will be achieved.” Wyatt said, thinking about Ollie mostly. She had never changed, and he doubted that she would. He looked around the room, a fond smile upon his features. “The experiment? How could I forget. How many students can say that their first kiss was witnessed by most of the year?”

Apart from Desmond – who had been busy elsewhere pouting about the situation. Wyatt knew that a lot had happened between them all since that moment. If only they could go back, just for a day, to the eleven year olds they once were.

Seeley Pichardo

While the seventh year wasn't about to encourage flat out delinquency, she wasn't opposed to indulging in curiosity, certainly not.  It had gotten her into a lot of trouble over her years at school but it had earned her a lot of memories too and she already knew she'd be taking Wyatt up on the offer of investigating those shops he was telling her about.  If she really wanted to battle the bad stuff, it wouldn't hurt to take a look at it in its element.   

Besides, she'd lived to tell the tale of crossing wands against a werewolf, she didn't think a little shop of horror down a dark alley was going to get her.   

"We can make our own fun." Seeley agreed, but honestly some of the same faces were springing up into her own mind as she already had experienced @Ollie Celeste carrying her through the corridors to the dueling chamber and blindly hoping that no one got mowed down in the process.  "But yea, that's what I was talking about." The teenager nodded, her legs swinging in the air off the edge of the desk.  Maybe she should have felt some kind of awkwardness about bringing it up, but she didn't.  Other thoughts were filtering into her mind and taking over as the idea spun around.  

"That was a mess..." Seeley shook her head, and laughed lightly.  She looked towards him, the curly hair and easy smile that had been her first crush, her first kiss, and her teeth took hold of her bottom lip momentarily before letting it go along with the notion that had rooted in her brain.   "You think it all would have been better without the audience?"  She asked.  "I don't regret it or anything, I just think... ha..." Her hands landed on her knees and she leaned forward.  

Well, for the record that door is locked now." She pointed absentmindedly and allowed her eyes to fall towards the floor, awaiting an answer.   

Wyatt Lazarus

Annnnnnnnd… there it was.

Wyatt had spent a lot of time avoiding thinking about what had occurred. He had experienced his first sense of betrayal in the year’s past, and many of his memories come from the events after their experiment. Still, they were now within the very room they had been in as unsure children. It was rather difficult to avoid the memories which were brought up, as he let out a small chuckle. They had been super crazy for even going through with the idea in the first place. That being said – it would always be a unique first kiss.

“I did wonder after it happened whether the audience caused any issues.” Wyatt replied diplomatically. They had been young; they had been inexperienced. He could remember feeling warmth as they kissed for the first time, which was followed by uncertainty and doubt when he remembered the presence of the others within the room. “I don’t regret it either, though.” He added sincerely.

He had no regrets. Wyatt believed that everything happened for a reason, and it happened to make them all stronger in the future. They had meant to try the experiment on that day, even with the unnecessary factors which surrounded them, or the awkwardness that followed. He glanced towards the door, wondering whether anyone would pounce into the room somehow, knowing his year was full of sneaky individuals.

“A good sign indeed.” Wyatt said. “You know, the experiment results were not completely valid. A true experiment would have required us to try once more.”

He glanced towards her to see what her reaction would be.

Seeley Pichardo

What she thought remained trapped behind the tight smirk she directed towards the floor just below her feet as they swung, hanging over the desk.  

Seeley was completley tuned in to hearing what Wyatt thought on the matter though, and the more he talked the more she appreciated that it was starting to seem they might have been on the same page.  For the first time in over two years, maybe more really, she didn’t have to think about anyone’s feelings but her own and it felt freeing because honestly she was very good and pretending she didn’t have feelings to begin with.  

What she did have a whole lot was poor impulse control and the longer she stayed perched on the edge of this desk thinking about that first kiss the more she wondered  what the possibilities actually were for a repeat.  Wyatt didn’t disappoint with his own entirely not subtle look to the door and the teasing suggestion that followed.  

“I’d have to agree with you on that one point.” Seeley nodded gently and looked right back at him, reaching out for his arm and pulling him closer.  “Multiple trials yield better results, right?  You would know, you’re the potioneer.” She grinned and shrugged.  

“I am just here to assist?”

Wyatt Lazarus

“You are more then a mere assistant, Seeley” Wyatt replied, as he moved a little closer. “You’re the reason the experiment exists.”

He did not know what brought on his next action. He did not know whether it was a way for him to – in his mind – test the once tried experiment again. He did not know whether it was a way to discover whether he held any lingering feelings. He did not know whether he was just caught up in the moment of reminiscing, in close quarters with a girl whom he had known since the start of first year and whom he had once adored.

Wyatt knew that at some point he would need to be back in the real world. Where experiments were meant to remain controller, and with no emotions. There was no doubt that the usually controlled Gryffindor had lost his inhibitions. Without any further hesitation, Wyatt lent forward, pressing his lips upon hers.

Seeley Pichardo

There was a certain feeling of pure delight that rushed through her at his response.  She hadn't ever really doubted that Desmond loved her, at least not until right there at the end and she certainly liked the attention Fletcher paid to her, there was something there whether she wanted to admit it to herself or not but he hadn't asked anything more of her yet and she definitely wasn't about to put it out there.   

But Wyatt wasn't expecting anything at all from her except whatever he was recalling of that blonde haired girl that was locked tight in that memory they shared.  

Seeley probably held more expectations from him in the way her fingertips pressed into his forearm and how she leaned forward off the desk to meet him when he kissed her.  Her eyes closed and her free hand reached around his neck to keep him closer for much longer then the kiss had lasted all those years ago.  If he had lost his inhibitions, she hadn't had any in the first place and it was evident in the honest way she drew a short breath a leaned in a second time before actually letting her hand slide loose from around his neck.  

"I'm totally good with that." She said, her words barely more then a whisper in the quiet room.  "Anytime." 

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.