Sign in to follow this  
Hazel Wheeler

watching the words fall from my lips

Hazel Wheeler

Hazel had barely given it a second thought when someone had finished off their drink and started suggesting they play 'Spin the Bottle'. She'd never even heard of the game, much less what it actually entails, but the Hufflepuff was just happy that they could keep the party going. Most of the fourth years had piled into an unused classroom sometime before dinner to throw a very haphazard and last minute "end-of-the-year-pizza-party-slash-we're-stressed-but-enjoy-eachothers-company-extravaganza". There were half empty trays of pizza on the professor's desk at the front, several students were dispersed into groups at the desks, and there was music faintly playing from @Simon Reed's wireless radio.

But when someone had mentioned spin the bottle, it was like the hormonal teens were simply moths to a light. One of her fellow students was playing 'supervisor' and just yelling out directions or where things should be moved to. They'd managed to muster up enough force and talent to clear some space in the center of the room, and the groups came together to form a circle along the perimeter of the open area. Hazel - having only been kissed two (2) times so far - was still struggling to understand what the point of it all was as someone tried to explain the rules. When it finally clicked, her skin felt hot as she blushed several shades too deep, but it didn't deter her from being part of the game. There was just something fun and exhilarating about it...

ALRIGHTY LADS TIME FOR SOME RULES

1.) You have 24 hours from 6:30 pm EST to post a simple intro post (it literally could be one sentence idc)

2.) I'll add you to my pretty colorful wheel of choices and this will hold your spot in the game (this is an example of what it'll be like but ya know hopefully with more people)

3.) Someone can join in later they just have to PM me letting me know that they're hopping in

4.) In my post I've given some inspiration (???) as to what your character could be doing before the game so feel free to use one of them for your intro

5.) After I've collected everyone who will play I will start the game by using my wheel to select who goes first and who they kiss

6.) There's no word limit or required amount of words, you could type a sentence for each post or a novel it's totally up to you

7.) Lastly please just have fun and if you have any suggestions how to make this go smoothly or anything you'd like to see happen, just lemme know

Arwa Hashmi-Andrada

”I’m in,” she said, crawling closer to Hazel. They had recently started talking again, so what better way to celebrate it than by kissing? Not each other, but...other people. Possibly.

It was all a game, of course, etc, etc. Nothing could possibly go wrong.

(It would.)

Alyssa Hoofer

"I'm in," Alyssa said feeling somewhat shy. 

She'd kept to herself somewhat that year, but she couldn't miss out on a fun game like spin the bottle. She just hoped Dorjee would be involved and that he'd understand if she had to kiss someone else.

Isobel Blake

Isobel had never been one for pizza and goofing around, least of all with the other fourth years. The thought of "hanging out" with them all once filled her with dread, but now... well, things were different. She was different. It was in the way she carried herself, in the smiles that softened her more often than before.

And after the attacks, after knowing how fragile everything really was... well, that night had changed her as well. It had changed everything. Though once she would never have been caught dead playing something as childish as spin the bottle, now the game only amused her.

And so Isobel rolled her eyes, but grinned, wandering her way over to the group and plopping down with an elegance that seemed out of place. "Oh, this should be good," she smirked, waiting for the drama. "I'm game."

Behati Gadot

Behati didn’t usually attend VH36 year related things anymore, seeing as how she’d burned bridges with almost everyone in her year. But, then she remembered that she was allowing a bunch of randoms to bully her out of enjoying her time at Hogwarts, and she absolutely refused to allow anyone else’s opinion of her to dictate her life. So she showed up to their little end-of-the-year party, grabbed a slice of cheese pizza, and sat quietly by herself reading a book.

When a game of Spin the Bottle had been suggested, she simply rolled her eyes and flipped through another page in her book. She didn’t know where everyone’s mouth had been, and she did not want their mouth on hers. “Can I just be a bystander for this?” She asked @Hazel Wheeler.

Edited by Behati Gadot

Robin Bagley

It had been some time since Robin's fling with Arwa had... ended?  Fizzled out?  However you wanted to cut it, though, Robin had been introduced to the exciting new world of kissing followed by having to go cold turkey, and she wasn't happy about it.

Thinking too much about how she and her classmate in particular were no longer kissing made Robin's chest go tight and her sinuses prickle in a way that was dangerously close to tears, so she decided the best thing to do would be to focus on how she missed kissing generally, and kissing a wide array of people at Spin the Bottle sounded like the way to do it.  Plus, there was a chance that Arwa would be there.  And there was a chance that Robin would end up kissing Arwa again do such a good job kissing everyone else, Arwa would feel very jealous indeed.

Perfect.

Stella Peabody

Claiming the "supervisor" because... of course

Stella had felt much closer to her yearmates since the attacks, especially those that had been in the Great Hall with her.  A few of them still annoyed her, but she felt safer and more comfortable around them than anyone else.  After all, they had the same traumatic emotional baggage to sift through, and she could mostly rely on them for a hug and a supportive word when she was having a bad day, or at the very least to respectfully avert their gaze if they caught her crying in a corridor somewhere. 

The pizza and cookies thoroughly demolished by their teenage appetites, someone suggested a game of spin the bottle.  Stella shied away from the idea at first, unsure how @Shiloh Paige would feel about either of them kissing other people.  Stella wasn't sure how she herself would feel about it, for that matter.  She shot a glance at her girlfriend from across the room, but couldn't divine anything from Shi's expression. 

But everyone else seemed taken with the idea, so Stella took it upon herself to boss the others about as they set up the room.  She could channel her nervous energy into that, instead of worrying about if she had to kiss someone, and who it might be, and if they'd think she was a terrible kisser (an anxiety that Shiloh had long grown tired of soothing her about).  Hopefully it wouldn't be her turn for a while, and she could cross that bridge when she came to it. 

Shiloh Paige

Shiloh's eyebrow raised at the posed idea, she didn't make a point of her eyes drifting in the direction of @Stella Peabody but they did, even just a little. There were at least four other people in the room alread that she wouldn't mind swapping a little saliva with, and at least two that she would probably prefer to take a dive off of a tower instead of kissing.

Sure, I'm in, you in?” she asked rather loudly at Stella from across the room. Something about the other Slytherin made her wonder if there would be any cheating to make sure that she wouldn't kiss anyone else while in the near proximity.

Simon Reed

He hadn't been the one to instigate the kissing game, SHOCKING. 

What was surprising were the number of people who were in relationships who were actually willing to still play the game. His moral compass didn't always point due north, but he was feeling a little weird about the whole thing.... what would @Radueriel Benson think if he were here? Would he want to play as well? Would they sit out and snog each other in the corner and ignore everyone else? He bit his bottom lip as he caught Julian attempting to sit out of the game, perhaps he had the right idea. "Think you'll play?" he asked, taking a seat beside his roommate as he watched everyone gather into a circle. 

Emmett Blaze

Emmett stood, folding his arms, leaning against the wall as his gaze flickered between his year-mates. Since the attacks, he'd drawn back (although, right before the attacks, he'd drawn forward, so he still remained on better terms with many). That being said, observing struck him as much more amusing than joining. Wasn't spin the bottle childish? Also, who knew who he may have to kiss?

He was set in this view, at least, until Isobel announced she was game.

Without thinking, he stepped forward and declared, "I'm also - er - game."

Aurora Andrews

Aurora, who had taken an entire box of pizza hostage once she realized it was suitable for her was enjoying the little end of year party the lot of them were having. She'd mostly spent the evening with Celeste, the two girls sharing her selection of vegan sweets and making plans for the summer because of course the two of them would not let the summer past without seeing each other. The mention of playing spin the bottle had the redhead's eyebrows shoot upwards, as she scanned the crowd of her friends. Aurora took a sip of her drink before squeezing @Celeste Ferranti's hand quickly.

"Oh, I'm so in."

Edited by Aurora Andrews

Dorjee Shire Sherpa

He'd been admittedly withdrawn since the attacks, especially after a brief trip home to Nepal to see his cousins and check in on his dad's shop, but Dorjee found himself desiring the company of his yearmates - and Alyssa, naturally - for the end of the year. So he slipped into the room where a bunch of them were, willing them to pay him no mind, and just enjoyed being with them all.

At least until spin-the-bottle came up.

Well, this was uncomfortable.

"Uhh, sure. I can play."

Edited by Dorjee Shire Sherpa
I know where I am I swear

Julian Pritchard

Julian watched his classmates warily as they got ready to play a game of 'spin the bottle.' He was baffled by the choice of game. The thought of having to kiss people - people who were not Hazel, at least - made him want to bolt. 

He helped move the desks out of the way, but once that was done, he took a couple of paces back and plopped into a chair (in the opposite side of the room to Behati), taking a small bite out of his last slice of pizza. 

"Uh... " He shook his head slightly at Simon's question. "I think I'll just watch for now." 

Celeste Ferranti

Celeste had been dragged to socialize with others by her best friend and she wanted to be mad about it but then Hazel brought up spin the bottle and... well, maybe luck would be on Celeste's side. 

She tried not to think too much as she squeezed the redhead's hand in response. Celeste could totally be cool about this.

Hazel Wheeler

“Sure, Behati, you don’t have to play if you don’t want to. Who is going first?” Hazel asked as she pulled her hair back, nervously plaiting it down the side. @Isobel Blake, who looked as confident and sure of herself as ever, grabbed hold of the bottle and gave it a spin. The room seemed quiet - as if everyone was holding their breath to see what would happen next - and Hazel was suddenly overcome with the thought that she could easily end up kissing anyone in the circle. The Hufflepuff looked back at Julian because frankly the only person she really wanted to be kissing was him, but that didn’t matter as the bottle slowly stalled.

@Arwa Hashmi-Andrada was the first victim.

Congrats to Isobel our first kisser and to Arwa our first kissee! Have fun ;)

After these two post I’ll post who Arwa’s turn lands on and the game will continue!

Edited by Hazel Wheeler

Arwa Hashmi-Andrada

The game was starting to get crowded, and for the first time in a while, it didn’t make Arwa feel uncomfortable. She was just relieved that Hazel seemed to be okay with her again — she had made her peace with Julian — they were best friends, after all, and couldn’t stay upset with each other for long — but the real sorrow had been on the Hufflepuff’s part, because she hadn’t known if their friendship could take such a hit and come back from it. She certainly wouldn’t have blamed her if things had gone in the opposite direction.

Arwa’s eyes followed the bottle as Isobel took ahold of it, and it was almost as if the world had come to a still. Everyone was holding their breath, and Arwa realised that she was, too. They only had until the bottle stopped to see what was about to be cooked up—

—it stopped on her.

The girl looked up at her roommate, and was surprised to see how close they were already sitting. It seemed appropriate: Arwa had only ever kissed Gryffindors, so of course, her first kiss in this game would also be another one of them. She didn’t think of the fact that she had always admired Isobel and had wondered what she would taste like; it wasn’t something she had let distract herself — even as the attraction has turned itself over into daydreams — and then she’d met @Robin Bagley.

Grinning, Arwa crawled over to Isobel — they were just a couple of people away from each other — and sat up on her knees in front of the other girl. “Let’s give them a show, yeah?” They were Gryffindors, after all, and had shared some form of intimacy as roommates, since first setting foot on Hogwarts territory.

Carefully, giving Isobel time to pull away if she wanted to, Arwa laid a hand on the side of her roommate’s neck, cradling her face. She used it to anchor herself and drew the other girl forward until their lips were pressed together, her other hand automatically moving to land on the nape of Isobel’s neck, stroking soothing circles into it as they kissed.

Isobel Blake

Isobel would not allow @Behati Gadot to dampen her fun, though watching her former friend obstinately enduring where she was not wanted did, unfortunately, irritate her more than would admit. "Yeah, wouldn't want to end up having to kiss a girl, would you? You'd die of shock. Condemned to hell for all eternity. How utterly tragic," she said, as though the thought of Behati's untimely death was not very tragic at all.

Perhaps, after the werewolf attacks, someone else may have forgiven her, been kinder, grown above such pettiness. 

That was not Isobel.

It was like her, however, to be confident. Though everyone seemed to have crowded over to play the game (or, at least, to "watch"), no one actually seemed brave enough to take the bottle for a spin. Isobel rolled her eyes, holding the gaze of as many of the uncertain ones as she could; so many averted eyes, or those who seemed squeamish. The look she gave @Emmett Blaze was full of laughter. Merlin, it was just a kiss, who cared?

She reached out and spun the bottle. It seemed to go on for ages, and Isobel felt like she could laugh at the bated breaths, but it finally slowed to a halt before... Arwa. Her roommate. Isobel raised a brow. There were so few people that Isobel didn't judge in some way, and Arwa had always been one of them: smart, perceptive, pretty... unfathomably rare at Hogwarts.

Isobel matched her grin with a mischievous smirk, eyeing her up and down. "With pleasure," she said teasingly. And then Arwa was before her, closer than they had ever been before, despite having lived together for so many years. She had no desire to pull away, though Isobel hadn't expected... this. The gentleness of Arwa's hands, her lips... knowing everyone was watching, that so many had been shy, amused her. She wanted to make them blush, make them a little uncomfortable. It wasn't something to take seriously; a kiss was nothing, and it was childish to think otherwise. It was something that made you feel good if done right; that was it, unless you wanted it to be more. She slid one hand down to Arwa's waist and pulled her closer, curled another in her hair, and kissed her slowly.

Some part of her knew Emmett was watching, and doubt faltered in her heart, but she buried it.

Eventually, she pulled away, her smile lazy. "Not bad, yeah? Who's next?"

Emmett Blaze

He and Isobel may have finally acknowledged that something more than friendship existed between them, but they were still unstable, tentative. Laden with the unknown, he felt one small move could push them one way or the other. He didn't want to play spin the bottle, wouldn't have if she didn't...

But unlike him, she'd kissed people before. It was nothing to her.

He forced himself to hold his head high, to maintain an expression of indifference, as if kissing was nothing to him too. When Isobel met his gaze with laughing eyes, he attempted to shoot her a similar look. This was cool. He was cool.  So cool.

Cool, until Isobel leaned forward and spun the bottle. It whirred like a fan, and landed nowhere near him.

His gaze met Arwa's (or attempted to), and he swallowed, his Adam's apple rippling. He didn't know how he felt about her. She'd called him out before, and a part of him thought they had something unspoken, although they certainly weren't friends. He assumed after the attacks, after the conversation in the Hospital, Isobel would do no more than peck Arwa's lips and draw back. He'd still feel a pang of envy (she'd admitted she was bisexual in the beginning of the year, so it meant as much as anything), but he could get past that. 

What he didn't expect, however, was what happened. Arwa gently cradled Isobel's face, another hand on her neck, and met her lips, the kiss long and deep and soft. It reminded him of when he'd seen Isobel kiss Molly, but that'd been at a distance, and now he was close. He could make out their features vividly, every freckle, every movement - he could feel the textures. Emmett's stomach burned and knotted. He'd kissed Isobel before, and she hadn't returned it (sure, maybe they'd been around vicious werewolves, but still), and now here she was, kissing Arwa with everything she had. It lasted at least five billion decades before they pulled apart. His fists were balled at that point, clenched to his knees, his knuckles white. 

He turned to @Hazel Wheeler and hissed, "When can I spin? There's so many people here I want to kiss."

Edited by Emmett Blaze

Behati Gadot

As more of her yearmates arrived, Behati knew she’d made the right decision to hang back. So many people, so many mouths. There was the fact that most of them already didn’t like her (so who knew what devious plot they’d concoct to give her some sort of lip virus), and also the added fact that so many of them had already dated each other and kissed each other. They’d all swapped saliva and sweat and God knew what other bodily fluids. Bee, as clean-cut as she was, would not have such a thing on her conscience. Besides, she’d already had her kisses back in first year. She’d broken that virginity. She didn’t need to prove anything by engaging in this game.

@Emmett Blaze was stood against a wall, seemingly stoic. He only gave any indication that he was actually a part of the rest of the group when Isobel spoke up to announce her participation. Bee snorted and rolled her eyes. “Of course she’s got him whipped,” she whispered to herself under her breath. She became somewhat indifferent to the goings-on at that point. She’d already declared herself a non-player in this age-old teenagers’ tradition. She was fine with just sitting back in the shadows, only making comments to herself but being quiet for the most part, when @Isobel Blake just had to say something. “You’ll be on your death bed still acting like a witch, huh Isobel?” Except Behati had said an entirely different word than “witch”—a word which started with a B.

She was sick and bloody tired of Isobel’s behavior. All Isobel had done all school year was make snide comments, despite the Hufflepuff’s constant pleas for truce. If Isobel wanted to be that kind of person, Bee would sink to her level.

Arwa’s and Isobel’s shared kiss stirred something within Behati that she couldn’t—or, rather, didn’t want to—name. Her eyes quickly moved their way back to her book, her nose tucked deep in its pages. This wasn’t happening.

Edited by Behati Gadot

Shiloh Paige

Shiloh squeezed @Stella Peabody's hand at the sight of that very much closer to 7 minutes in Heaven kiss than a simple spin the bottle kiss that was happening right next to her. It was good though, very clean cut, almost like there was an intimacy director right there telling them how to do it.

And then, there were two fairly large spikes of jealousy. Or... at least one.

You sure you don't want to play Behati, I'm sure there is at least one person who would be willing to kiss you, right?”

Isobel Blake

Isobel smiled with sweet venom. "I wouldn't count on it."

She glanced to @Emmett Blaze for what would no doubt be an echo of her own judgment, but that didn't seem to be... he.....

Her smile faltered.

Hazel Wheeler

Hazel looked up from the glass bottle and stared at Arwa for a moment, counting the seconds for the recognition to dawn between the pair. Recently, Hazel and Awra had stitched back together the broken pieces of their friendship and it was tighter and stronger because of it. But seeing her crawl toward Isobel with confident determination changed the way she saw her. It was like when the veela had walked into the classroom, but this time it was just Arwa. The Arwa that had shoved her and Ju in a cupboard and helped them solve all of their problems. The girl she'd taken on a date before taking Simon on one. She told Arwa everything... and she'd felt like she lost her... and god how she wished she could kiss her.

Wait, what? Hazel didn't have long to ponder over it before the two Gryffindors kissed and it was like the room was spinning. How? How in the world was this suddenly the most interesting thing she'd ever laid her eyes on? She'd always thought that Arwa and Isobel were beautiful but the chance to kiss either one of them made her feel something she couldn't understand. There was no way for her to comprehend this feeling in the pit of her stomach that just felt that things were right. Like kissing Arwa or Isobel would somehow make everything okay.

"Huh?" Hazel turned to Emmett and pulled herself together enough to reply, "I'm sure, but Arwa has next spin. It'll come to you though."

@Arwa Hashmi-Andrada returned to her spot and Hazel was anxious for the chance that she could be next. Hazel held her breath as the bottle spun past her one... two... three times before slowing to a stop in front of @Aurora Andrews

Oh god. Imagine kissing Aurora.

Edited by Hazel Wheeler

Arwa Hashmi-Andrada

The kiss was better than she could have anticipated. The words whispered by Isobel sent a smirk across her face, and it made her even more eager to finally close the gap between them. Arwa felt herself being pulled in even closer by a hand at her waist and the soft touch at her hair had her sighing. They really should have done this much earlier; they were roommates, after all. They’d had plenty of occasions. Arwa had just always assumed Isobel was completely uninterested in her.

The way she was currently kissing her, however, disproved that point by a mile.

Isobel finally moved away, and Arwa felt herself in a daze. She blinked and tried to clear her vision. It was too early to start comparing kisses, but Arwa was pretty sure that was the best kiss she’d had in her fifteen years of life. It was probably unfair to Robin, since they had spent a year and a half practically glued to each other, but there was something about snogging Isobel in the middle of a crowd of fourth years that left her feeling overwhelmed

She turned, then, to look out at the rest of her classmates, and her eyes landed on @Emmett Blaze. He looked a lot more distraught than he had earlier, when she had locked eyes with him. Arwa didn’t know how she ought to feel about kissing Isobel right in front of him, but she chose to savour the moment. She still had Isobel’s taste in her mouth, so she simply grinned to herself.

Arwa slid back to where the bottle still lay in front of her, looking as innocent as ever. It wasn’t the perpetrator of the drama; it was them. Hesitatingly, throwing a quick glance in @Hazel Wheeler‘s direction, Arwa spun the bottle. If it landed on Hazel, there was a possibility she would self-combust right there. There were unresolved feelings towards the Hufflepuff that Arwa had decided to bury a long time ago, when she had realised that Julian was pretty much in love with her. Arwa had taken the initiative to bring the two of them together, and it was reward enough for her that they were currently in a relationship.

The bottle finally came to a stop, and Arwa looked up to see it had landed on Aurora.

This was going to be good.

A grin still firmly on her face, it didn’t take long for her to find the Slytherin, and she landed in a similar position to earlier, sat in front of her. Aurora had been her anchor that year, keeping her afloat even when everything felt like it was too much. It was no coincidence that she had ended up at her house, in the middle of winter; somehow, she had managed to convince Ryan to drop her at her house. She had frozen half to death, waiting at the door, but eventually, the other girl had come to save her life.

Carefully, Arwa touched at the hair that was falling in front of Aurora’s face. She pushed it back so she could see her, and smiled. “Are we gonna give them a show?” She asked, smirking, glad that they could joke like this again. Arwa had never thought about Aurora in that way before, but she was now. Her soft lips were mere inches away, and she just moved closer for a better angle.

This time, she slid a hand under her jaw — with a whispered Is this okay? pressed to the corner of Aurora’s mouth — and brought their lips together. The hand eventually slid down until it was cupping the side of her cheek, and Arwa’s other hand was holding her close, almost in an embrace.

Julian Pritchard

Julian had never felt so warm. Literally, his entire face was burning as he watched Arwa kiss first Isobel and then Aurora. He was trying to watch as dispassionately as he could - an exercise in learning how to kiss someone properly - but it was hard not to feel uncomfortable by the level of intimacy on display. 

As he watched, though, he suddenly felt like he understood the whole point of the game. People actually, genuinely seemed to really enjoy kissing. 

Dorjee Shire Sherpa

The game began shortly after Dorjee joined, and it was both mere seconds and a lifetime before he began to feel distinctly uncomfortable about what he had gotten himself into. His eyes opened about as wide as they could when Isobel and Arwa kissed, his face flushing an uncomfortably deep red that would have indicated some sort of illness in most people.

What if Alyssa got picked next and was kissed like that right in front of him?

What if he got picked next and was kissed like that right in front of her? The thought of so much attention on him for the briefest of moments was almost enough to send the Gryffindor flying from the room, but no. The moment had passed and now Arwa was spinning and - exhale, Dorjee - the bottle landed on Aurora.

Could he muster up a kiss half as tender as this? With Alyssa, perhaps, though they had spent loads more time talking and just enjoying being together than anything quite so... intimate. Only time would tell, at this point, if he could be up to the challenge when the bottle chose him.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.