Phillip Aldermaston

Just fix my wrist please

Phillip Aldermaston

OOC Form:

Patient Name, House & Year: Phillip Aldermaston, 6th Year Hufflepuff
Blood Type:  
Literal Halfblood, Fully Human. B-

Allergies, if any:  Not strictly an allergy but he does tend to have a strong reaction to calming draught in that under normal circumstances, he may well fall asleep on you.  This seemed the best place for that info.  And while it has nothing, zip, zilch, zero to do with this particular visit, I suspect there’s a note in his file somewhere to the effect of “This kid is absurdly prone to ear infections” – only you know, written more professionally.
What VH Year & Term/Week does this RP take place:
 VH39, Term 02, Week… I’m not sure about the week but it would be  some time  after this thread. Something like two-three weeks after that thread.
Time of Day:  After Curfew, probably about 1ish in the morning
Link to Incident Thread: No incident thread.

IC Form:

Reason for Visit:  The need to get treated after a brawl. 

Damage Location: Left wrist/arm.

Damage Type: Direct Blow
 Other:  Since Phillip is left-handed, he wouldn’t have icly filled this in.   I just thought it would be useful to have here.  As for other things you should know, there are two major things.  One is that he’s not the best historian for various reasons and the other is as long as it hurts as much as it does at the moment– he’s likely reluctant to let you near it.  I’m so sorry about him.

Urrgh…so Phillip had thought that that was just a sprain – although he hadn’t exactly been looking for anything more than that and he’d been … well, stubborn and in denial to a certain extent – not that he’d admit that even to himself. But the thing was, that if it was just a sprain then he’d have been able to deal with it himself.  And since he couldn’t, that meant he had to go to the Wing.  Not that he wanted to but since he couldn’t deal with it himself, he’d have to.

Not that it would accomplish anything- it wasn’t like people cared about him.  But…oh well…he’d had to go and avoid nosy parkers on the way there.  So…up the stairs to the ground floor, up the stairs to the first floor, up the stairs to the second floor and up the stairs to the third floor.

And Phillip had been cradling his dominant left wrist and the bottom of the arm in his other hand  this whole time – and then he faced the buzzer.  Uh-oh.  And he had to let go of his wrist (bad idea) in order to press the buzzer.

Once he’d done that though, he quickly moved back to supporting the left wrist.  But….Phillip was too darkly-complexioned to go ghost white – but instead, he went a little paler than normal (but even a slightly-pale Phillip was still pretty dark) and the warm tones drained from his face and even that little movement away was enough for this to happen.

Nox Bordelon

Nox was not the world's greatest hospital wing assistant. 

In fact, if wing assistants were rated, he was probably on the lower end of the scale, considering his penchant for hanging out in the wing like it was a lounge instead of his job, falling asleep on @Miss Lushia's desk instead of bottling the potions she had brewed, labeling them, and shelving them appropriately.  If he wasn't doing that, he was on his two-way mirror with his girlfriend, @Maggie Sinclair, or elbows deep in NEWT level classwork.  The point was that he got very little work done that actually qualified as healing.

That didn't mean that he didn't know how to do the job so that morning, when Phillip came in looking like...well...like he was a little worse for wear, honestly, and like he'd seen something truly horrific judging by the lack of the usual color in his cheeks.

Nox glanced around, rather hoping that @Sophia Hunter would be doing her actual job (and probably also his, all while telling him off for not doing the work he was meant to do) but the eldest assistant was not present.  Another quick check told him that none of the junior assistants were around either, not that they were really allowed to do anything.  Sighing heavily, Nox pushed himself to his feet, raking violet hair out of his eyes as he gingerly approached Phillip.

He could tell immediately that the wrist was broken.  It didn't take a doctor to notice that, nor did it take any sort of advanced degree.  It was most certainly the wrong color and bent at an angle that it probably should have never been bent to...and it was Phillip.  Renowned the world over for being difficult...that Phillip.

"Hey, Phillip," he greeted his classmate with a forced, congenial smile.  "That looks broken, mate.  Can you hold it out for me so I can take a look?  I promise not to touch."  He held his hands up as if in surrender.  "I'll see what I can do about the pain if it is and then I'll fetch Miss Lushia."

---------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Hospital Wing, @Phillip Aldermaston!  I'm here to provide pain relief until Miss Lushia can reach your thread.  If there's anything else you need that either of us can do for you, feel to address it in your next post.

Edited by Nox Bordelon

Phillip Aldermaston

((Phew, long post ahead.))

To be fair to Nox, Phillip was not the world’s easiest patient, either.

And honestly, he probably should have come a little bit sooner than he actually did but realistically, that wasn’t going to happen because Phillip was not the world’s easiest patient.  Though given what he wanted to be (not that he went around shouting it from the rooftops, exactly, but he didn’t exactly hide it either), that maybe wasn’t the surprising thing in the world.  It may or may not be ironic but it was hardly surprising.

And yes, it was pretty obvious that it was broken given the wrong colour – and it certainly had been bent at an angle it probably should have never been bend to – not that Phillip was going to mention that – because it was tied up with lots of other complicated feelings that he struggled to contain let alone explain.

And….well….Phillip was Phillip – again, he wasn’t the easiest patient in the world to deal with.  Even when he felt that the whole story was safe to tell – and right now?  Well, right now, he didn’t feel that that was the case – seriously, in his head, an auror had been allowed to threaten him with unforgivables so why would he talk about ... semi-ordinary teenage boy stuff?  It wasn’t happening.

Still, Phillip did try to return the smile – he failed, of course, because too much pain but at least he had tried. And then after he’d sat down, Nox asked Phillip to hold his wrist out for him and Phillip opened his mouth to argue but he closed his mouth again when Nox promised not to touch it and so Phillip nodded slightly and obeyed the instruction….well, sort of.

It wasn’t that he was being deliberately un-co-operative, exactly. It was just that when he went to obey Nox’s instructions…it seemed to make it worse … and he honestly wasn’t sure whether he could or not – he knew it didn’t want him to though.   

Of course, Phillip was too dark to ever actually go anything like the ghost-white of someone who whose normal skintone was far paler than Phillip’s normal skintone.

And as for the more metaphorical white of the healthy skintone of someone like Nox – he couldn’t do that either – he was too dark to go that colour.  Well, strictly speaking, he technically could but it would require far more than this – like someone beating the entire Bristol Scale out of him – in order for him to do so.  But Phillip seemed to be making a good try for it - though not intentionally of course – and he held his breath for a second when the movement was far from comfortable and that sound wasn’t good, either.  It sounded broken too.

But that wasn’t the point.  The question was whether he could hold it out for Nox and Phillip chewed on his lip for a minute or two “Uh, not sure?”  Of course not, because to be honest, he wasn’t sure whether he was unable to or if it was just that it was painful enough that he’d really rather not.

Phillip did throw Nox a dirty look when ‘if’ and ‘pain’ were mentioned in the same sentence.  To be honest, Phillip didn’t really care whether it was broken or not at this point because it hurt either way.   “Can you?”   Phillip’s voice was rather full of doubt here. “It’s just…I wouldn’t be here if I could deal with it myself.” Not that snapping at the wing assistant was going to help much – but he doubted that the wing assistant could do anything that he couldn’t do himself.

That may or may not be an unfair doubt but it was done.   What Phillip meant there was that he wouldn’t be here if he could deal with the pain himself (and dealing with the pain himself meant stuff he could take himself – things like paracetamol and ibuprofen) , much less if it didn’t hurt at all. Phillip wasn’t exactly paying full attention to the assistant, to be honest but he had figured, rightly or wrongly, that assistants probably weren’t allowed to do much.

“Um…can I have a cushion…or a pillow…or something…please?  To rest the hurt wrist/arm on, of course.

Edited by Phillip Aldermaston

Miss Lushia

Being able to have some helpers was nice. She was able to stay in the back while her assistance were doing all the paper work and would come and get her if someone needed her help. Britney was just making sure that her inventory was caught up. Knowing that sometimes she would run out of something that someone needed and she didn't need that to happen at all. Knowing that the budget wasn't what it was a few days ago. With new werewolves at Hogwarts she was going to have to make sure that her rations of items were going at the right rate. Taking to students about using the rubber arm jinx in the dueling chamber wasn't that smart. She was running out of skele-gro a lot. Not knowing who it was that was always using that spell. Knowing that one person was @Jaxon Sinclair but Britney has not seen that boy and a unwilling person come in within some time.

As she was counting, Nox came back there and told her that Phillip was here and he believed that he had a broken arm.

That was not something that she wanted to deal with, she knew that wasn't something that Nox or Sophia was able to take care of on their own. Putting her quill down she walked to the front and looked at Philip and smiled. "Hello Mr. Aldermaston, please follow me to the back." Knowing that he was going to need to lay down and she was going to be able to fix it.

"Mr. Aldermaston, Nox told me that he believes that your arm is broken. So I am going to need you to lay down on this bed here and I will make sure that it gets fixed up real fast. Fixing a broken bone isn't that hard at all." It wasn't the first time she fixed a broken bone and it wasn't going to be the last time. "I need you to just lay here for the moment while I use my wand to fix it. You think that is something that you will be able to do?" Hoping that talking claim to him will make this go a lot simpler. If not that she would call for an assistance to be able to help her out with making sure she would be able to fix his bones and have him be on his way.

Phillip Aldermaston

Okay, one, it wasn’t just broken-broken, it was….there was a twist (forearm) and a smash (wrist)…. And then  it kinda felt like he’d pulled a muscle – except not exactly.   Two, if things were that simple then Nox would have dealt with it already.  And had he known her thoughts, he probably would have grumbled at her as to how  it was her own fault for making her assistants useless. But also, it kinda did need her because …. Well….partly see three but mostly because of how it had happened.  Plus, it just felt wrong in a way that he couldn’t define.

Yes, he figured her assistants were useless – because really, if he could deal with it himself then he wouldn’t be here.  And could they even do anything that he couldn’t do himself?  He was perfectly capable of taking paracetamol and ibuprofen, for example.

But…following her to the back, he could do – though of course, he was very careful not to jar the hurt wrist/arm at all.  And hello, if it was that simple, Nox would have done it.  She wasn’t at all inclined to actually help him though, was she?

And her talking wasn’t really helping – partly because he didn’t really trust adults’ words at this point and partly because talking didn’t solve the issue.  And the lack of solving the issue just wound him up more, really.

Since Phillip didn’t know her thoughts but he could see what he decided was a scowl on her face about not wanting to deal with this (maybe real, maybe imagined), he had imagined her opinion of him to be far worse than it actually was.   So Phillip just shot her a look – half pleading and half a dirty look.   

And then she asked a  stupid  question. After all, if he could then he’d have done so already and then @Nox Bordelon would have sorted Phillip  out without the need to bother Miss Lushia at all.  Idiot.  Obviously not.   Not that Phillip actually meant that Miss Lushia was an idiot (or at least he wouldn’t, in a better frame of mind) but it hurt and that was making him far more bad-tempered than he normally was.

And yes, he was still guarding the wrist/arm so that nobody could actually get to it.

Nox Bordelon

"I meant if it's broken," he said through clenched teeth.  "Not if you're in pain.  You're clearly in pain.  Nobody comes here when they're feeling like peaches and bloody cream, bloke."  His eyes rolled then, but he acquired the suggested pillow and propped it against Phillip's side.  If he wanted to arrange his arm, he could do it without Nox's help, because he didn't fancy the idea of having someone bite his ear off or hex him into last week or something.  Phillip seemed irate enough to do either.  Not that he could blame him, obviously.  Nox had broken bones before.  He knew what the pain was like.  He didn't envy the other boy one bit and he absolutely understood the anger that boiled up with that sort of horrible sensation.

After acquiring some halfway decent pain relief (though it would take several minutes to really kick in)  he'd scuttled off to find Miss Lushia.   It didn't take long, of course.  The woman was always in her office standing over a cauldron, triple counting the wolfsbane stock (that he was absolutely not allowed to touch or even ask about) or attending the bed of some other sick or injured student.  As it were, she was doing the former when he found her, informed her of what was going on, and put on his very best puppy dog eyes because honestly....

He wasn't sure he was capable of handling Phillip on his own.

So instead, he'd followed along until they'd arrived at their final destination, his fingers still clutching an empty potion bottle from earlier.  Mostly, at this point, he was just eager to watch Miss Lushia work so that he might glean some portion of knowledge from her for his future.  Contrary to the internal belief of one Phillip Aldermaston, he was perfectly capable of splinting an arm.  Professor Pichardo had taught them how to in fifth year Defense.  It was that he wasn't actually supposed to do things this large without supervision.  Just in case.  It was hardly surprising they thought him incapable, given the amount of time he spent sleeping in the Hospital Wing rather than learning from his Big Boss Lady.

Nox tapped his fingers against the glass, waiting for Miss Lushia to get around to doing her job, and it was in that moment that Phillip said that thing.

You know, that thing.  That thing where you call a member of the staff an idiot.

Now, Nox had seen some StuffTM in his seventeen years.  He'd grown up in a traveling caravan with his mother, practically one of the 'circus people' that @Maggie Sinclair so often told her brothers they were adopted from.  He had seen some brawls, both drunken and sober, and he'd seen some arrests by muggle police.  He'd conned, lied, cheated, and stolen his way through life to not starve as a result of an irresponsible, childish guardian.  He'd saved @Jacqueline Frost from a werewolf attack, been kicked out of the library (both at Hogwarts and back home) and he'd once been arrested for picking the pocket of a wealthy tourist when he was ten.

But he'd never seen someone call a staff member an idiot.  Sure, they'd thought it.  They'd called the Ministry incompetent and stupid.  They'd said that all out loud, but they'd never said it to anyone's face and never to the person who was supposed to make you feel better.  

Nox dropped the glass he was holding, wincing when it shattered against the stone floor, a direct result of his shocked and scandalized sentiments.  

"We could just leave him there," he suggested without thinking over his words before they fell, unrepentant, from his mouth.  "I mean, if he thinks you're such an idiot, maybe we ought to just let him figure it out on his own, yeah?  Tough it out like the proper lil' brawler he is."

Miss Lushia

Not having a child of her own, sometimes she wondered how these children would act. While she was with Roxy and her son was always around she tried to think about it that way, though he was a lot younger than some of these people here.

What she was not expecting to hear was someone call her an idiot. “Excuse me?” She looked over at the young male that was there, hearing what Nox said. She didn’t smile but gave him a bit of a look wishing that might have been something she would have liked to do.

Though she was the adult here. “I don’t think that you should be calling someone that is trying to fix your bones and idiot. Also calling an adult and idiot isn’t that nice. How would your parents like to know that you are calling people that here?”

Looking over at him, she hoped that this was going to be simple. Just it wasn’t at all. “Now I need to see you hand if you want me to fix it. If not than I can leave you here and hoped that it fixes it self. The muggle way, though with that also. I needed to see your hand. You are sixteen, almost seventeen right?” She didn’t read the form, she was going off what Nox told her.

“Please. Mr. Aldermaston, let me see you hand so I can fix it up and you can be gone. It doesn’t take that long to fix a broken bone.”

The more that he withheld, the longer it was going to take.

“Nox, why don’t you get me something to make a cast out of, this might have to go to muggle way.” She did hope that Nox knew what she was talking about.

Phillip Aldermaston

In all honesty, Phillip had taken the ‘if broken’ comment the wrong way and was horrified and terrified at the prospect of being left like this – even if it was only a sprain – not that it was – it was obviously broken.  But he didn’t care whether it was broken or not as far as pain relief went. And since he didn’t want to admit that he was scared….and he was in pain….yes, those were making him far more bad-tempered than he actually was by temperament.

As for being hexed into next week, Phillip was irritable enough to do so – but he was currently incapable of doing so because of the simple fact that he was left-handed and it was therefore his dominant hand he’d screwed up though biting the other boy’s ear off in a figurative sense was a distinct possibility.

It wasn’t the splinting that Phillip was worried about – he wondered if the assistants were allowed to do anything he couldn’t do himself as far as good stuff went.  But he was hardly going to admit that out loud – given his current impression of Miss Lushia.  Hence Miss Lushia had perhaps made her own assistants useless.

But he did drink the stuff that Nox had given him – though very clumsily and awkwardly because it was the dominant wrist he’d broken and he did arrange his own injured arm.  Though since the halfway decent pain relief would take several minutes to kick in, Phillip was likely to remain distressed (and therefore snappish) for several minutes longer – his mood would be majorly improved once he was more comfortable but since it hadn’t kicked in  properly yet, he was still … well… cranky and irritable.   Of course, it obviously didn’t help that he’d had to stop supporting it to drink said potion.

And he did agree that he shouldn’t be calling people who were trying to fix his injuries idiots – but that wasn’t Miss Lushia since she preferred asking idiotic questions to actually trying to help and he couldn’t exactly help it in any case.  “I’m not so….”    Well, She was asking if he could do things that he obviously couldn’t and then getting mad that he couldn’t?  In what universe was that attempting to help?  Not this one. And oooh….did she really think that she had any right to object to the horror of being called mean names? How horrible that was, it was far worse than, say, Death Eaters entering the castle or being threatened with unforgivables.  Wait….

And then she asked that question – like he cared. “Just write to them and find out.    In other words, Phillip didn’t care much what they’d say at this point and since Miss Lushia was the one that cared, she could do the work of writing – not that he could anyway, even if he’d wanted to.   Of course, he doubted she’d be brave enough to admit what she’d done.   

Phillip rolled his eyes at her next comment.  “Look, you can lecture me all you want but since I can’t, it’s not going to change a damn thing.  Can’t.”    Phillip was repeating the word can’t so as to stress the word for a contrast against won’t.   It wasn’t as if it would move when he wanted it to and he knew damn well that it would move when he didn’t want it to when he took his other hand away which was part of his reluctance to co-operate.

But he obviously couldn’t just lay down and let  Miss Lushia see to his injury or Nox would have seen to it already so he couldn’t help scoffing when she mentioned she needed to see it either way and asked about his age. “Uh, seventeen on 23rd August.  And I don’t brawl.”   The worst Phillp had ever done was call people names.    That last comment had been directed not exactly to but certainly at Nox.

Miss Lushia

There was just so much happening and all she wanted to do was get this boy fixed up and gone out of the wing. There was a lot of work that she needed to get done. She just wished that he would allow her to do one thing and he would be gone. It shouldn’t be that hard at all.

It seems like he was not a fan of her questions. And he was once gain saying things that he didn’t care.

Taking a breath. “Fine you don’t care, but I do care about the well being of my students. So I need you to sit down or lay down and let me fix this arm. It is past curfew and I need to make sure you are back. If you don’t allow me to see your arm then I am going to need to ask you to leave, because it seems like you don’t need my help at this moment.”

She was a nice person, she did things by the book. Knowing that she wasn’t allowed to hex a student but that was something she was trying to not think of but it might be something she has to do when it came to Philip.

Hoping that he would just let her look at the arm and allow her to take care of it. It was her job to do that, and he wasn’t allowing her to do her job at this moment.

Phillip Aldermaston

Yeah, like that would actually happen.  If the Hufflepuff common room was safe then he wouldn’t be here.    As for her questions, of course, he wasn’t a fan of them – it wasn’t like anyone cared about him.  Let's send him back untreated so that this can happen again - because he couldn't do what she wanted him to do.

Which meant that....“Riiiiight.  You care about welfareSureeeeeeeeee.”   Needless to say, Phillip was rather sarcastic there.     See, this was his point. “No, curfew is what you care about.”  Welfare of her students was not what she cared about.  If it was, she would stop insisting that he either do things that he couldn't or she'd send him back.

As for allowing, she didn’t get it, did she? It wasn’t a question of whether he would allow her to see the injury – it was a question of whether he could.   The answer to that latter question was ‘no’ and thus the answer to the former question was utterly irrelevant.And no, she didn’t care or she wouldn’t be insisting he do things that he’d already told her he couldn’t. 

Though  he did sit down and then Phillip did try to co-operate by letting go of the injured arm/wrist and since there was some damage to muscle or something (could be muscle, ligament or tendon – Phillip’s not entirely clear on the difference between the three.  It’s also possible that it just feels like that for some other reason.)

Predictably, he failed in that once he withdrew the support of his right hand,  Phillip’s dominant (left) hand  half tipped-over and half-rocked back-and-in so that the injured side was a)face-down on the pillow and b)turned inwards towards Phillip’s body. Of course, that meant the injury was in the most difficult position possible for examining and Phillip had known (or at least suspected that would happen) and thus he shot Miss Lushia a dirty glare.  See?  I can’t.  Do you believe me now? 

It wasn’t a question of allowing her to do her job or not – he just literally wasn’t able to comply with her request.   But she insisted on him doing things he couldn't and that's where he'd got the idea that she only cared about curfew. After all, if she cared about welfare then she wouldn't jump to curfew.

Edited by Phillip Aldermaston
Formatting/proofreading

Miss Lushia

She was about to lose it something that she has never done in her life It seems like this boy was just thinking that she didn’t care. “Well if you are so sure that I don’t care you can just leave and not come back.” That was the last straw with him, this boy thinks that he can just talk to someone that was an adult this way, Britney was not going to allow it to happen. Not one her watch. “I care about your welfare but also care that you are not out that late. You are the one that came here for help and you are acting like you don’t want help.”

It was the most annoying thing in the world, why in the world would someone come into the wing asking for help but then didn’t want that help.

“Mr. Aldermaston, I see that it is hard. Just you need to trust someone that has been trained in doing this. And I will tell you once again that if you don’t want my help you are allowed to leave and get help from someone else. But if you all me I can make sure that your arm is better.”

Seeing that it was hard, she grabbed her wand out as fast as possible and pointed it at his left hand. “Brackium Emendo!” Britney called out and there was a bright blue light, and Philip’s wrist/arm should be better now. “Now I am sure that wasn’t that hard. You can stay here for the night if you must to make sure that it is alright, or I can take you back to the common room and you can get a good night sleep in your dorm. Your choice”

Hoping that this boy would understand that coming here, he would need to allow her to do her job and not make her get upset, he was one of her harder patient’s that she has taken care of and over her career she has taken care of a lot of people.

Phillip Aldermaston

((Sorry about the delay on this))

It was a good job that he didn’t know her thoughts because he would have found her thoughts rather annoying.  And to be honest, Phillip didn’t think he could talk to anyone that way – it just hurt and made him snappish. 

And her fool nonsense about going back to the common room wasn’t helping.   Nor was her nonsense about have to helping.  She’d ask if he could – he said he couldn’t – why wouldn’t she listen to him?  Or all her nonsense about how names were so horrible.

And the thing was that when he tried, she'd mentioned the muggle way (and the muggle way of healing it would have been beyond just a cast, he thought)  - so he’d expected that she would have at least stabilised it.  Miss Lunes had done that for him when he was eleven and that had made him feel much better so  he expected it to a certain degree so he couldn’t help shooting @Miss Lushia a dirty look when that didn't happen..

Phillip snorted at her comment about being allowed to leave.  “We both know that’s not true. “   None of it was true, really.  He couldn’t go back to the common room and get a good night sleep in his dorm – or this wouldn’t have happened in the first place.     It wasn’t possible to care about the curfew and care about his welfare at the same time or he wouldn't have needed to come here .   He clearly couldn’t leave and get someone else to look after him – hello, boarding school student/prisoner.  They clearly didn’t care about their welfare – hello, D.E.s.

Nor did he particularly care if names upset her.  (Spoiler alert: he did but didn’t want to admit it).   “Look….I’m sorry about the name-calling.  I didn’t exactly mean to.”   It was just obvious that he wouldn’t be able to let her look and you know, it had fricking’ hurt.   “It’s just  I really couldn’t.  As in unable.”  But that had been obvious or the wing assistant would have been able to sort this out.  Why was he saying this?

Of course, if she cared about his welfare then she wouldn’t have insisted he do something he couldn’t.  And all of those thoughts swirling around were far too much for him to cope with so at this point, Phillip broke down into distraught sobbing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.